Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
superleague punishment 09:26 - Jun 11 with 1234 viewsNewdawn2014

I give up ! as my Mum used to say to me " money talks and you`re speechless ".
superleague punishment on 09:50 - Jun 11 with 1210 viewssaints__fan__73

The ESL was about the clubs in the current closed shop mid-week European League (controlled by UEFA) wanting to set up their own closed shop mid-week European League (run by themselves).

The PL would be very foolish to do anything to try to punish them for this which is anything more severe than a slap on the wrist.

The PL know there is no PL without the Big 6 and if they were to leave they would be left with a league no one outside the UK gives a sh it about.

So there wasn't a chance in hell that the PL was going to wade in an start kicking their golden geese up in the air.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 10:40]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

superleague punishment on 10:06 - Jun 11 with 1204 viewsChesham_Saint

superleague punishment on 09:50 - Jun 11 by saints__fan__73

The ESL was about the clubs in the current closed shop mid-week European League (controlled by UEFA) wanting to set up their own closed shop mid-week European League (run by themselves).

The PL would be very foolish to do anything to try to punish them for this which is anything more severe than a slap on the wrist.

The PL know there is no PL without the Big 6 and if they were to leave they would be left with a league no one outside the UK gives a sh it about.

So there wasn't a chance in hell that the PL was going to wade in an start kicking their golden geese up in the air.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2021 10:40]

They could have made the punishment more meaningful. This so-called penalty was mere petty cash for them.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

superleague punishment on 10:18 - Jun 11 with 1193 viewsSonicBoom

What annoys me is that the "punishment" was negotiated with the clubs.
Surely a punishment should just be handed to them whether they like it or not. You are not supposed to like it!
That just shows it is all lip service to appease angry fans.
superleague punishment on 10:41 - Jun 11 with 1171 viewssaints__fan__73

superleague punishment on 10:06 - Jun 11 by Chesham_Saint

They could have made the punishment more meaningful. This so-called penalty was mere petty cash for them.

Why would they want to annoy their cash cows? Without the Big 6 there is no Premier League.

superleague punishment on 10:45 - Jun 11 with 1166 views1885_SFC

superleague punishment on 10:18 - Jun 11 by SonicBoom

What annoys me is that the "punishment" was negotiated with the clubs.
Surely a punishment should just be handed to them whether they like it or not. You are not supposed to like it!
That just shows it is all lip service to appease angry fans.

And, of course, the £22M "fine" goes to pay for grassroots football/community projects... cynically financially more worthwhile for the FA than any points deduction.

Old School is Cool

superleague punishment on 13:56 - Jun 11 with 1079 viewsChesham_Saint

superleague punishment on 10:41 - Jun 11 by saints__fan__73

Why would they want to annoy their cash cows? Without the Big 6 there is no Premier League.

And without the other 16 teams and the schmucks that turn up to watch them there is no Premier League. I’m not advocating a Versailles style penalty, just something that truly hurts and won’t be forgotten for a while. A sharp kick in the nuts with carpet slippers, rather than a just a stern telling off from mummy, if you will...

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

superleague punishment on 14:41 - Jun 11 with 1051 viewssaints__fan__73

superleague punishment on 13:56 - Jun 11 by Chesham_Saint

And without the other 16 teams and the schmucks that turn up to watch them there is no Premier League. I’m not advocating a Versailles style penalty, just something that truly hurts and won’t be forgotten for a while. A sharp kick in the nuts with carpet slippers, rather than a just a stern telling off from mummy, if you will...

No, but without the schmuks there is still an ESL which is kinda the point.

The clubs hold all the cards. All the PL can do is try to not anger the Big 6 for as long as they are so generous as to give their services to the PL and make hay while the sun shines.

The last thing the PL can afford to do is to annoy them....

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024