Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview 11:45 - Mar 31 with 4254 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/62218/southampton-at-ips

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview on 01:09 - Apr 3 with 441 viewsTimSaint

Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview on 22:49 - Apr 1 by SFC_Referee

As much as I wouldn’t mind another keeper for next season as I’ll agree he’s not prem quality, I’ve just rewatched the game on the highlights and from what’s been shown on there none of these goals were directly his fault. As yeah he certainly didn’t look to have the most stable of hands and his distribution ain’t exactly great, but todays result wasn’t down to him as all 3 of their goals many other players were well more at fault for than him

'none of these goals were directly his fault' ?

The first goal WAS his fault. OK it wasn't his fault that the player who scored got the ball in so much space, but there is no way he should be beaten at his near post from there, or from that angle. Baz is so close to the post that he is nearly touching it, yet still gets beaten at the near post - just like McCarthy used to do so regularly. Pathetic.

He should have done better with the 2nd goal too, but I guess he was a little unsighted as THB got nutmegged for it. The 3rd was just a complete joke from the whole team.

His handling was awful again v Ipswich, but not quite as bad as it was against Boro. It seems to be the 2nd half of games where he struggles to hold the ball properly and ends up dropping it in dangerous positions. Perhaps it is a concentration issue ?

His kicking is quite good, but his distribution is poor. How many times every game, does he put a fellow team mate in trouble with a piss poor pass ? Far too often. .....and to think he is an International 'keeper !!

As 22 has said, I would much rather that Rotherham keeper in goal for us, as Baz continues to make the same mistakes and regardless of what RM says, he clearly doesn't learn from them.

TimSaint

Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview on 01:29 - Apr 3 with 429 viewsTimSaint

Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview on 10:15 - Apr 2 by SFC_Referee

Yeah well that’s our issue right now and exactly what’s cost us ever since that undefeated run came to an end. As since then we’ve only had the Sunderland and West Brom games in which we won by more than one goal. And even looking back on that run, we did get some lucky results in there, as over that run, but at least over the run we could hold onto our leads and did win a fair few more by more than just a goal.

Although on the red, unfortunately it was a blatant red which is exactly why none of the players complained and I barely heard anyone kick off in the stands when it was shown. But still at least it was a worthwhile one taking one for the team in hope that it could help get us the win…

The red I thought was a little harsh, but can see why it was given.
There was cover, I think from Bed, so he would have come across.
It was only a small tug and definitely outside the box, so not a penalty, despite the theatrics and 3 or 4 rolls to try to convince the ref otherwise.

He was quick enough to give the red card, but where was the 2nd yellow on that guy who kicked Downes - that offence was definitely worthy of a yellow card, but no, he was already on a yellow and the ref bottled it.

It was bad enough Ipswich singing 'Lino, you're a cvnt' when Adams scored - it was close but he was definitely played onside by their full back, as TV coverage confirmed - so maybe that played on the ref's mind.

It really wasn't worth taking one for the team either. We were drawing at the time and ended up losing. If he hadn't pulled him back, it was not guaranteed that he would score. Bed could have come across, or maybe Baz might have saved his shot ? We would have had more chance to 'get us the win' as you put it, with 11 men on the pitch, even if they had scored.

TimSaint

Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview on 09:38 - Apr 3 with 381 viewsGRIM

Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview on 01:29 - Apr 3 by TimSaint

The red I thought was a little harsh, but can see why it was given.
There was cover, I think from Bed, so he would have come across.
It was only a small tug and definitely outside the box, so not a penalty, despite the theatrics and 3 or 4 rolls to try to convince the ref otherwise.

He was quick enough to give the red card, but where was the 2nd yellow on that guy who kicked Downes - that offence was definitely worthy of a yellow card, but no, he was already on a yellow and the ref bottled it.

It was bad enough Ipswich singing 'Lino, you're a cvnt' when Adams scored - it was close but he was definitely played onside by their full back, as TV coverage confirmed - so maybe that played on the ref's mind.

It really wasn't worth taking one for the team either. We were drawing at the time and ended up losing. If he hadn't pulled him back, it was not guaranteed that he would score. Bed could have come across, or maybe Baz might have saved his shot ? We would have had more chance to 'get us the win' as you put it, with 11 men on the pitch, even if they had scored.

You think Baz might have saved the shot,
I think not,
The only thing he's saved this season has been his massive salary...
[Post edited 3 Apr 9:40]
Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview on 10:56 - Apr 3 with 336 viewsPatfromPoole

Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview on 13:12 - Apr 2 by SFC_Referee

Yeah but Bree pulled him,which at the time no defenders were covering, and only did after he got pulled and went down. As yeah he may of gone down easy and tried getting a pen but unfortunately that’s just how todays game is, and thankfully the ref didn’t give a pen although it made bugger all difference in the end

Why would the ref have given a penalty when it was clearly outside the area?

Is there a new rule I am unaware of?

Perhaps we need another LOTG update.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview on 11:34 - Apr 3 with 314 viewsSFC_Referee

Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview on 01:09 - Apr 3 by TimSaint

'none of these goals were directly his fault' ?

The first goal WAS his fault. OK it wasn't his fault that the player who scored got the ball in so much space, but there is no way he should be beaten at his near post from there, or from that angle. Baz is so close to the post that he is nearly touching it, yet still gets beaten at the near post - just like McCarthy used to do so regularly. Pathetic.

He should have done better with the 2nd goal too, but I guess he was a little unsighted as THB got nutmegged for it. The 3rd was just a complete joke from the whole team.

His handling was awful again v Ipswich, but not quite as bad as it was against Boro. It seems to be the 2nd half of games where he struggles to hold the ball properly and ends up dropping it in dangerous positions. Perhaps it is a concentration issue ?

His kicking is quite good, but his distribution is poor. How many times every game, does he put a fellow team mate in trouble with a piss poor pass ? Far too often. .....and to think he is an International 'keeper !!

As 22 has said, I would much rather that Rotherham keeper in goal for us, as Baz continues to make the same mistakes and regardless of what RM says, he clearly doesn't learn from them.

Ok but that’s not was a rocket right into the top corner, as even the pundits said there was very little he could do about that one. As if it had been the bottom corner or waist height then yeah I’d be in agreement, but top corner rockets like that are always a right challenge for keepers to save. As that’s the sorta save you could expect Buffon or Neuer to make, but for the sorta keeper we’ve got, unless they’re having the best game of their life you can’t expect them to save that.

But yeah I do agree that we need another keeper as Bazunu wouldn’t be able to cope in the prem and that’s why we need a new one. As yeah he may be used as scapegoat quite often and blamed for many things that aren’t his fault, but he still isn’t good enough and all those balls he does drop he may be able to get away with in the championship, but certainly wouldn’t in the prem.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview on 11:38 - Apr 3 with 309 viewsSFC_Referee

Southampton At Ipswich Town The Preview on 10:56 - Apr 3 by PatfromPoole

Why would the ref have given a penalty when it was clearly outside the area?

Is there a new rule I am unaware of?

Perhaps we need another LOTG update.

No I only said that as Darthvader was saying how the rolling was to try and win a pen, which the ref rightfully never gave a pen as like you’ve said it was clearly outside the box.

Poll: Who’ll win the playoffs

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024