Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? 16:04 - Apr 4 with 3594 viewskingolaf

Love Saints, been watching them for over 40 years. I don’t feel anything for the club now. I’m fed up of us continually trying to reinvent football.

Bored of the way we play and so angry at the defensive set-up that seems designed to fail. We have a manager who is as arrogant as they come. This tippy-tappy ponderous football is so boring and easy to play against.

We continually see the opposition manager change tactics and work us out. Martin doesn’t seem capable of this.

The way it’s going, I probably won’t renew my season ticket. Last year was horrendous, and this season our failings have been self-inflicted. I’m not enjoying it any more. We could all see Boro’s equaliser coming and how many were that shocked that we threw it away against Ipswich?

Really fed up with it. Not losing, I’m a Saints fan after all. Just the manner of our play, our tit of a manager and our owners who have made one rubbish decision after another.
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 21:35 - Apr 4 with 1214 viewsSaintNick

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 21:31 - Apr 4 by Butty101

That’s down to the manager. Historically he can’t set and never has been able to set up a defence.

Im amzed at the knowledge that our fans have of Swansea & MK Dons games

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 22:27 - Apr 4 with 1156 viewsgrumpy

The reason fans are fed up are
1. A poor goalkeeper.
2. No Centre( goal scoring ) Forward.
3. A manager with no plan B

Chances of promotion are slim to say the least.
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 22:33 - Apr 4 with 1145 viewsSaintNick

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 22:27 - Apr 4 by grumpy

The reason fans are fed up are
1. A poor goalkeeper.
2. No Centre( goal scoring ) Forward.
3. A manager with no plan B

Chances of promotion are slim to say the least.

1, A goalkeeper who was part of the tightest defence in the league for 22 games
2. We have Adam Armstrong the second highest scorer in the League and we are the 3rd highest scorers
3.He has a plan B and a plan c, they just arent very good

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 22:48 - Apr 4 with 1135 viewshedgeend61

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 17:32 - Apr 4 by 1teeminants

Nope not at all. I was fed up under Ian Branfoot, fed up after years and years of defeats in the premier league which is as dull as . I Loved it when we came top eight four years running, loved Europe Milan etc, vitesse was superb . Loved all the semi finals we’ve been in all comps and 5 cup finals all comps that I’ve seen.

This year has been refreshing 25 games unbeaten run , more season tkts sold despite being in a lower league.The feel good factor winning all those games.

I will be fed up when we get to the premier league and get dicked every week . What I’m really fed up with is the top 6 scooping all the trophies up year after year. I’m really looking forward to another day at Wembley hopefully in the play offs. Why wouldn’t you FfS ?

I may be in the minority but I just don’t get the doom and gloom. Russel Martin makes mistakes no question and no question he’s made some bad decisions recently but what really gets my goat is nobody gives him praise for that unbeaten run. I’m not bothered about tippy tappy I just want to win football matches and we’ve won a lot of football matches this season. I’m not sure what people are expecting .
[Post edited 4 Apr 17:33]

Good post, I don't mind the possession game, last season the players masquerading as PL players would struggle to play pass the parcel, within a couple of months RM has turned players (not even pl players)who are now brave and confident with the ball.

What's cost us is we're still soft in defence and Che up front only scoring 11 when you'd have thought he'd have have at least double that at this level. He wont be brought by Wolves or any other PL club, not good enough.

Haven't been to all the away games, but had decent days out at Plymouth, Millwall, Cov, Rotherham, even Liverpool where we outplayed them first half and should of been 2 or 3 up, weren't even difficult chances.

Don't really know what fans expected really, Leicester came down with a PL squad and only lost a couple of decent ones, we sold the crown jewels JWP, RL, TL, to cover the £100m wasted on the likes of Sulamana, Tall Paul, Alcatraz Orsic, and many others brought for the PL, and anyone who's seen them play live, can see they're not even League One level. We've got a few Joeys on here, never go to games who think they can play, and still moan after 25 games unbeaten. Couldn't make it up really.
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 22:57 - Apr 4 with 1120 viewsgrumpy

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 22:33 - Apr 4 by SaintNick

1, A goalkeeper who was part of the tightest defence in the league for 22 games
2. We have Adam Armstrong the second highest scorer in the League and we are the 3rd highest scorers
3.He has a plan B and a plan c, they just arent very good

That ‘tightest defence’ was down to the central partnership which was changed when Stephen’s returned. Armstrong has been moved out wide to accommodate Adams which on the whole not worked because Adams misses easy chances.Martin had no plan B.just look at his substitutions.Interested to know, I haven’t checked how many of our record run were draws.
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 23:07 - Apr 4 with 1102 views1teeminants

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 22:48 - Apr 4 by hedgeend61

Good post, I don't mind the possession game, last season the players masquerading as PL players would struggle to play pass the parcel, within a couple of months RM has turned players (not even pl players)who are now brave and confident with the ball.

What's cost us is we're still soft in defence and Che up front only scoring 11 when you'd have thought he'd have have at least double that at this level. He wont be brought by Wolves or any other PL club, not good enough.

Haven't been to all the away games, but had decent days out at Plymouth, Millwall, Cov, Rotherham, even Liverpool where we outplayed them first half and should of been 2 or 3 up, weren't even difficult chances.

Don't really know what fans expected really, Leicester came down with a PL squad and only lost a couple of decent ones, we sold the crown jewels JWP, RL, TL, to cover the £100m wasted on the likes of Sulamana, Tall Paul, Alcatraz Orsic, and many others brought for the PL, and anyone who's seen them play live, can see they're not even League One level. We've got a few Joeys on here, never go to games who think they can play, and still moan after 25 games unbeaten. Couldn't make it up really.

Yep spot on mate.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 23:49 - Apr 4 with 1041 viewsfelly1

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 22:48 - Apr 4 by hedgeend61

Nothing wrong with a moan after a defeat or crappy draw but yep you're right about the joeys on here who are never happy unless we win 5 nil every game.

Like you I'm quite happy with this season and the style of football we've played.
It's not perfect but show me a style that is.

Last season we finished 10 points behind Leicester and 6 behind Leeds.
This season has basically been a continuation of the difference in squad quality.
As you say Leicester particularly have a far superior squad.
I don't think our defence is too bad.
Just think we need a better keeper and if Shea Charles is not going to step up we definitely need two quality grafters instead of our current only one in Downes in
central midfield.
Agree about Che, he should have scored a load more.
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 02:19 - Apr 5 with 995 viewssledger

do we really want promotion ffp now going out the window it seems so it will become a money free for all in which smaller clubs will have even less chance,how long before the top 6 or 7 clubs take all the tv money as in spain.
Login to get fewer ads

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 02:51 - Apr 5 with 979 viewsRipleys_revenge

Really excellent question to ask and a good little conversation going on here. I feel quite disillusioned with football in general, not so much with Saints. I'm definitely frustrated with the way we have collapsed lately, and think a large part of the reason for the collapse is mainly down to Martin completely scrambling our defence to try and accommodate Jack Stephens. Really can't understate how damaging this has been, and even worse the refusal to go back to basics over a number of weeks has made things 10 times worse. Not having a pop at Stephens here, but the effect on the team has been enormous.

So that annoys me but I've also got to give credit to Martin, of course for the unbeaten run (during which we played some of the best football I've ever seen us play) but also for picking us up after relegation. After last season, I remember his arrival being initially underwhelming, then optimistic, then pessimistic following the run of losses, then extremely positive on our unbeaten run. Fair play to him for picking us up when we needed it but sometimes the blind faith in the 'philosophy' does becomes a bit numbing, especially when it's not working.

I'm still enjoying the season and looking forward to the play offs. I wouldn't say I'm fed up with Saints but I'm definitely annoyed with how stupidly we have thrown our position away lately. But then again, that's what we have always always always done. So for me it's business as usual. I reckon however many 'resets' we end up having (hopefully none of which Rasmus is involved in any more) we'll always have that inclination to f@ck it all up deep in our DNA.

Football is becoming rubbish and they'll probably start messing with the championship soon in the same way that Prem has gone. While it's still a watchable spectacle, I don't mind us being the same old Saints team who always manages to throw it away.
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 07:02 - Apr 5 with 926 viewscocklebreath

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 02:19 - Apr 5 by sledger

do we really want promotion ffp now going out the window it seems so it will become a money free for all in which smaller clubs will have even less chance,how long before the top 6 or 7 clubs take all the tv money as in spain.

Surely with ffp going out the window we might have a chance of staying up as we coukd spend some cash without being docked points but I agree the premier league is a sh!t show

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 08:08 - Apr 5 with 887 viewssledger

our owners do not bring any of there own cash to the table,in the premier league we
would be minnows in shark infested waters
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 09:30 - Apr 5 with 836 viewsButty101

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 21:35 - Apr 4 by SaintNick

Im amzed at the knowledge that our fans have of Swansea & MK Dons games

Its stats rather than knowledge ............

His 3 whole seasons

MK Dons 2020-21 conceded 62 14th best

Takes over a Swansea side that the previous season conceded 39
Swansea 2021-22 conceded 68 6th worst in division
Swansea 2022-23 conceded 64 5th worst in division

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 09:48 - Apr 5 with 827 viewsManhattan_Lynx

Russell Martin is a clown.
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 11:18 - Apr 5 with 779 viewssaint901

Strangely I'm not that fed up but I do have what I think is a realistic and objective take on where we are and where we might be.

Went to my first match in 1962 (lifted over the turnstile at the Dell). Supported them ever since. Played for the youth teams. Seen some great games and some terrible games. Seen some great players and some on the pitch who frankly should have paid to get into the ground.

I was a ST holder but gave it up the season before we were relegated from the PL. I was frustrated by how we played and the attitude of the manager. Add in traffic problems every home game and it became an exercise in self harm. The last season in the PL was pure agony even though I saw only four/five home games.

I've enjoyed watching us be one of the better teams in the Champ and actually winning games. I've not enjoyed how we've done that and do not like the style we play nor the arrogance of RM refusing to adapt to the opposition. On balance though, would I like my team winning or playing gung ho football and losing?

It was obvious from the start of the season that we were short of the personnel and managerial nous required for automatic promotion. Lack of quality in key areas of the pitch, constant tinkering with the team, one style/pace/method which is easily disrupted - all pointed toward a high finish but not top two.

Whose fault? Owners, managers, strategists, players, coaches? All of them. Fans? yes, at times we have been too quick to criticise and too slow to appreciate.

Like any true long term fan, I know that we are world class at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Add in the "how you perform on the day" lottery of the play offs and I approach the end of the season with trepidation. I hope we will do well and get promoted but I dare not let that hope grow because the disappointment if we do not will be crushing.

If we did get promoted, we need to patch the holes in our team. For me that is four positions. GK, CB, holding mid, CF. The spine of the team.

If we do not get promoted, whilst it would be great to have the four players above, realistically we will get perhaps two - CF and holding mid - and have to make do with the others. (I do worry that RM does not see a holding mid as necessary in his system but I hope that an analysis of goals conceded will show him the error of that view).

(we are high in the table of yellow cards and that seems to be for "tactical" fouls to stop fast breakaways rather than bone breaking violence. Would a holding mid prevent this? Does it matter?)

Last game I saw was Boro and that was our season in a nutshell. Outplayed them, failed to score, sat back, got tired, let in a goal against what was basically a Boro reserve team. I hope the playoffs show us a better, fitter, sharper team.

SO not fed up, cautiously optimistic, but not letting hope run rampant.
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 11:42 - Apr 5 with 749 viewsCenturion

TBH, I am happy we are in a play off position. Of course it would be nice to be challenging for top 2 but I never expected it this season.
We were relegated quite easily and I always imagined it would take two or three seasons to re-establish ourselves.
Who knows it could be longer. I would rather the club takes their time and gets it right than go up and come straight down again.
Also, the Championship has some clubs that are easily the equal of Saints in terms of fan base and history. We are doing OK.
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 12:37 - Apr 5 with 714 viewsFlamingbankers

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 16:46 - Apr 4 by Ifonly

TBF, some people are enjoying it this season and good on 'em. But I'm much the same as you. Used to love football and Saints, now disillusioned with both. I've enjoyed the wins this year but feel almost as frustrated as I did last year with the direction the club is taking. If I could believe that tippy tappy tactics were the right direction for Saints, then I wouldn't mind some bumps in the road. But I don't believe it for a minute. I feel that it's going to be a long painful wait for the club to finally realise they're heading down a dead end road.

The best case scenario for me is we get promoted, then inevitably we get smashed by the PL teams and end up in the relegation zone at Xmas and that's when the club decide to change direction to something more pragmatic, where we aren't afraid of getting the ball forward quickly and playing at pace.

God yes, you just reminded me of of the good old days when we would consistently overrun teams with our attacking brilliance ( Channon, The Wallace brothers Keegan, Ball, Moran) and a sound defence ( Steel, Blyth, Waldron, Wright, Watson, Nicholl etc) but that's long behind us now. Best we can hope for is a change in a manager that is clear headed and positive. It just amazes me at how incredibly lucky some of these clueless managers get to earn millions without applying common sense consistently. It also reminds one of how incompetent the owners are in picking the right man for the job. At least look for a successful experienced manager - it really isn't complicated science.
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 13:13 - Apr 5 with 694 viewsfranniesTache

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 21:29 - Apr 4 by Butty101

I must of slept through the 90s and 00s success .
Did we win the combination league or Hampshire Senior cup?

to be fair in the 00's we did at least make it to an FA Cup final (albeit beaten soundly on the day) and played in Europe (yeah one game i know).

The 90's were generally a disaster though, from appointing branfoot onwards we were f*cking godawful, and if it wasn't for Le Tiss we'd have been relegated years before we did, and probably would still be at the Dell.

In fact there's a fairly strong argument to say that had it not been for Le God we'd have been like the other south coast minnows down the road and bounced around the lower leagues for years.
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 17:32 - Apr 5 with 610 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

I can't believe all the moaning after your manager has just given you your first winning season in 8 years

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 19:42 - Apr 5 with 576 viewsfranniesTache

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 17:32 - Apr 5 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

I can't believe all the moaning after your manager has just given you your first winning season in 8 years

Our standards are higher than small clubs like you
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 19:48 - Apr 5 with 563 viewscocklebreath

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 11:18 - Apr 5 by saint901

Strangely I'm not that fed up but I do have what I think is a realistic and objective take on where we are and where we might be.

Went to my first match in 1962 (lifted over the turnstile at the Dell). Supported them ever since. Played for the youth teams. Seen some great games and some terrible games. Seen some great players and some on the pitch who frankly should have paid to get into the ground.

I was a ST holder but gave it up the season before we were relegated from the PL. I was frustrated by how we played and the attitude of the manager. Add in traffic problems every home game and it became an exercise in self harm. The last season in the PL was pure agony even though I saw only four/five home games.

I've enjoyed watching us be one of the better teams in the Champ and actually winning games. I've not enjoyed how we've done that and do not like the style we play nor the arrogance of RM refusing to adapt to the opposition. On balance though, would I like my team winning or playing gung ho football and losing?

It was obvious from the start of the season that we were short of the personnel and managerial nous required for automatic promotion. Lack of quality in key areas of the pitch, constant tinkering with the team, one style/pace/method which is easily disrupted - all pointed toward a high finish but not top two.

Whose fault? Owners, managers, strategists, players, coaches? All of them. Fans? yes, at times we have been too quick to criticise and too slow to appreciate.

Like any true long term fan, I know that we are world class at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Add in the "how you perform on the day" lottery of the play offs and I approach the end of the season with trepidation. I hope we will do well and get promoted but I dare not let that hope grow because the disappointment if we do not will be crushing.

If we did get promoted, we need to patch the holes in our team. For me that is four positions. GK, CB, holding mid, CF. The spine of the team.

If we do not get promoted, whilst it would be great to have the four players above, realistically we will get perhaps two - CF and holding mid - and have to make do with the others. (I do worry that RM does not see a holding mid as necessary in his system but I hope that an analysis of goals conceded will show him the error of that view).

(we are high in the table of yellow cards and that seems to be for "tactical" fouls to stop fast breakaways rather than bone breaking violence. Would a holding mid prevent this? Does it matter?)

Last game I saw was Boro and that was our season in a nutshell. Outplayed them, failed to score, sat back, got tired, let in a goal against what was basically a Boro reserve team. I hope the playoffs show us a better, fitter, sharper team.

SO not fed up, cautiously optimistic, but not letting hope run rampant.

Begs the question why are we getting tired at the end of matches? We’re the team with the ball making the opposition run so they should be knackered not us. If we’re not as fit as other teams then that’s on big Russ.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 20:06 - Apr 5 with 554 viewsGRIM

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 16:08 - Apr 4 by PatfromPoole

As ever with Saints, as with England, it is the hope that kills you.

I think this is why everybody seems to be so doom and gloom about the play-offs rather than looking forward to them. The winning mentality has been sucked out of the fans.

It's the expectation that keeps us going.
We expect our team to entertain us.
We expect them to win matches.
We expect them to give 100'% every week.
We expect the next game to be better than the last.
We expect the second half to be better than the first half.
Without this expectation we would fall out of love with our team
But there comes a point when the club has to deliver on our expectations..
Our patience is beginning to wear thin.
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 23:24 - Apr 5 with 476 viewssaint22

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 22:57 - Apr 4 by grumpy

That ‘tightest defence’ was down to the central partnership which was changed when Stephen’s returned. Armstrong has been moved out wide to accommodate Adams which on the whole not worked because Adams misses easy chances.Martin had no plan B.just look at his substitutions.Interested to know, I haven’t checked how many of our record run were draws.

You win nothing with a short defence
We seemed to have formed one and went unbeaten then Jack came back it was disrupted and ever since we leak goals
It is SO obvious to anyone but Wussell apparently
Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 10:41 - Apr 6 with 388 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Is Everyone as Fed Up as Me? on 19:42 - Apr 5 by franniesTache

Our standards are higher than small clubs like you

You have certainly underachieved for such a big club

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024