Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick 07:39 - Apr 24 with 1427 viewsPatfromPoole

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 08:02 - Apr 24 with 1339 viewsfelly1

No Flynn.. No win.
Look at the stats when he doesn't play, it's embarrassing.
Since beating Huddersfield which was our last win in our unbeaten run which Flynn played.
He then got injured and we've lost virtually every game he didn't feature in our next fourteen games.

With Stephens we actually average more points per game than when he doesn't play.

We concede more.. But score more.

It's baffling that he receives so much attention.. Mainly negative from our illustrious super fan yet he's been a peripheral figure in the story of our season.

Theres a ton of other reasons we've blown this season but for me it points to an over reliance on our West Ham loanee.

[Post edited 24 Apr 8:04]
A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 08:14 - Apr 24 with 1289 viewsSaintNick

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 08:02 - Apr 24 by felly1

No Flynn.. No win.
Look at the stats when he doesn't play, it's embarrassing.
Since beating Huddersfield which was our last win in our unbeaten run which Flynn played.
He then got injured and we've lost virtually every game he didn't feature in our next fourteen games.

With Stephens we actually average more points per game than when he doesn't play.

We concede more.. But score more.

It's baffling that he receives so much attention.. Mainly negative from our illustrious super fan yet he's been a peripheral figure in the story of our season.

Theres a ton of other reasons we've blown this season but for me it points to an over reliance on our West Ham loanee.

[Post edited 24 Apr 8:04]

One player doesn't make a team just as one player doesn't make it a bad one, as I have always said it is not about Jack Stephens as an individual, but he has become the focus of just why we have gone to pot.

In our run we had the tightest defence in the Championship during that period, so what changed ?

Since January at some point every member of that defence has either found themselves dropped or moved position to accommodate our Captain.

The manager has ruined the continuity and confidence of our back four we are now a disorganised rabble '

I feel sorry for Jack, he is a good squad player, he should be getting the plaudits for filling in for injuries and coming on in the final third to close out games, yet he is the focus for the managers failings.

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 08:16 - Apr 24 with 1283 viewsSaintNick

This is the most worrying thing I have seen, so it was nothing to do with the fact that players who looked world beaters two months ago now look shells of their former selves is all down to the fact that he didn't pick Jack Stephens

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 09:26 - Apr 24 with 1166 viewsfranniesTache

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 08:14 - Apr 24 by SaintNick

One player doesn't make a team just as one player doesn't make it a bad one, as I have always said it is not about Jack Stephens as an individual, but he has become the focus of just why we have gone to pot.

In our run we had the tightest defence in the Championship during that period, so what changed ?

Since January at some point every member of that defence has either found themselves dropped or moved position to accommodate our Captain.

The manager has ruined the continuity and confidence of our back four we are now a disorganised rabble '

I feel sorry for Jack, he is a good squad player, he should be getting the plaudits for filling in for injuries and coming on in the final third to close out games, yet he is the focus for the managers failings.

One player doesn't make a team? Has old age caught up with you and made you forget Le Tiss mush?
A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 09:30 - Apr 24 with 1161 viewsSaintNick

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 09:26 - Apr 24 by franniesTache

One player doesn't make a team? Has old age caught up with you and made you forget Le Tiss mush?

How many times did we get beat heavily with Le Tiss in the team, he was the icing on the case, but for the most part of his career here he was keeping us from getting relegated, not making us a decent team.

He was one of our greatest players, if he had played in our teams from 1980-84, with good players around him we might well have won the League

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 09:38 - Apr 24 with 1135 viewsfelly1

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 08:16 - Apr 24 by SaintNick

This is the most worrying thing I have seen, so it was nothing to do with the fact that players who looked world beaters two months ago now look shells of their former selves is all down to the fact that he didn't pick Jack Stephens

I'm guessing he said that because when you look at the results, we win more when Stephens plays .

I agree during our unbeaten run we had a settled defence that played really well.

That was never going to last, it never does and we're certainly not that good defensively.

Everyone can see Bazunu is not a great keeper.
We're 23rd in shots saved, according to Sky last night.

Manning is poor .
KWP gets caught out .
Bednerak makes mistakes.

We're also vulnerable in defence because of our style of play.
Martins teams concede alot of goals.

You just fixate on Stephens Nick.
Always have and always will.

Lots of other issues have also contributed to our downfall since January.
Fraser has gone off the boil after some excellent performances...why?

Maybe Brooks and Rothwell upset the Applecart.
Neither have added much to the team.

Edozie has also gone backwards since they arrived.

As I mentioned earlier Downes is a massive miss.

The two strikers not finishing clear chances to kill off teams as well.

But you focus on Stephens?
[Post edited 24 Apr 9:42]
A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 09:48 - Apr 24 with 1100 viewsSaintNick

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 09:38 - Apr 24 by felly1

I'm guessing he said that because when you look at the results, we win more when Stephens plays .

I agree during our unbeaten run we had a settled defence that played really well.

That was never going to last, it never does and we're certainly not that good defensively.

Everyone can see Bazunu is not a great keeper.
We're 23rd in shots saved, according to Sky last night.

Manning is poor .
KWP gets caught out .
Bednerak makes mistakes.

We're also vulnerable in defence because of our style of play.
Martins teams concede alot of goals.

You just fixate on Stephens Nick.
Always have and always will.

Lots of other issues have also contributed to our downfall since January.
Fraser has gone off the boil after some excellent performances...why?

Maybe Brooks and Rothwell upset the Applecart.
Neither have added much to the team.

Edozie has also gone backwards since they arrived.

As I mentioned earlier Downes is a massive miss.

The two strikers not finishing clear chances to kill off teams as well.

But you focus on Stephens?
[Post edited 24 Apr 9:42]

As I have always maintained, it is not about Stephens as an individual or as a player, it is about the managers fixation on him, he has played him in 5 different positions in the last few months, that in essence is why the squad has lost its confidence and fight.

Did Bazunu play last night ? did anything change in goal, everyone has their fixations

Rothwell is in and out of the side, he has scored some vital goals this season so has contributed

My only fixation is the constant chopping and changing that the manager has made in the past few months

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 09:59 - Apr 24 with 1071 viewsfelly1

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 09:48 - Apr 24 by SaintNick

As I have always maintained, it is not about Stephens as an individual or as a player, it is about the managers fixation on him, he has played him in 5 different positions in the last few months, that in essence is why the squad has lost its confidence and fight.

Did Bazunu play last night ? did anything change in goal, everyone has their fixations

Rothwell is in and out of the side, he has scored some vital goals this season so has contributed

My only fixation is the constant chopping and changing that the manager has made in the past few months

Tbf none of our keepers inspire much confidence .

Rothwell. Yep, 4 nice goals and his couple against Huddersfield saved our backsides, but honestly I can't help feel I'm watching a pub player when he plays.. Massively not suited to our style, what mentalist thought he'd be a good signing!
Login to get fewer ads

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 10:37 - Apr 24 with 1003 viewsIfonly

Why worry about who plays when it's the system that's at fault? There is no combination of Saints players that would have won that game. RM may be right (for once) that we wouldn't have lost 5-0 with a different team, but we would still have lost.

This game was really about a clueless one dimensional coach going up against a good one. The gulf between them was absolutely massive.
A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 11:09 - Apr 24 with 956 viewsGRIM

Look at our mix of players.
A) Loanees who really don't care about our club they are just here for game time (exception being FD who always puts in a shift).
They all know that regardless of what happens to us they can go back to their parent club or go on loan elsewhere, why would they be committed to us.
How many loanees do Leicester + Leeds + Ipswich have, I can't think of any.
That's why they show commitment.
B) The remnants of the squad we had in Premier Lge .
AA/CA/GB/KWP/JB/SA/JA/SE/KS there's more but I can't be bothered to try & think of them all.
How many of these are good enough to get regular game time in Premier lge. (& please don't tell me KWP is a good Premier player, because he ain't, he'd be playing there now if he was.).
Failure last season proved that they just aren't good enough, so I think most of those players have the mindset that they are better off in the Championship.
They are not committed to getting promoted because it's not in their best interests.
We lack leadership, character, commitment & quality.
If we get promoted via the play offs I'd be really worried about next season.
A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 12:10 - Apr 24 with 855 viewsmushinexile

Don't worry GRIM, we won't. Living on the cheap for too long has come home to roost. Half of the team borrowed and not bought, Very poor decisions - I know, let's save a few bob by buying a broken striker. Sheer business incompetence from people who have read every book about business methodology but still haven't gained any business ability. I worked for a company where that was the way. They bought cheap staff including of course their managers. Cheap managers are cheap for a reason. They were not good enough for their pevious employer to want to keep them. Garbage in, garbage out. So it is with what used to be a football club.
A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 13:03 - Apr 24 with 787 viewsfranniesTache

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 09:30 - Apr 24 by SaintNick

How many times did we get beat heavily with Le Tiss in the team, he was the icing on the case, but for the most part of his career here he was keeping us from getting relegated, not making us a decent team.

He was one of our greatest players, if he had played in our teams from 1980-84, with good players around him we might well have won the League

Fair points, but i'd counter that a large amount of those teams Le Tiss played in weren't top flight standard teams and only were because he was there.
A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 13:53 - Apr 24 with 730 viewsNumber_58

Nick's Jack Stephens fixation is weird. Blaming his inclusion in the team a couple of months ago for last night's 5-0 defeat is even more so. And so is this constant nonsense about a 'lack of leaders on the pitch'. We've got experienced players out there, it's not like we've got our entire youth team playing. As was mentioned by felly1, the stats prove that Flynn Downes' absence is much more significant than any other team selection. Without him we seem to lack steel and creativity. Somehow we've managed to assemble to team of players who are great at one touch passes, but aren't so great at scoring open goals and tackling when it really matters.
[Post edited 24 Apr 13:54]
A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 15:07 - Apr 24 with 655 viewsGRIM

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 13:53 - Apr 24 by Number_58

Nick's Jack Stephens fixation is weird. Blaming his inclusion in the team a couple of months ago for last night's 5-0 defeat is even more so. And so is this constant nonsense about a 'lack of leaders on the pitch'. We've got experienced players out there, it's not like we've got our entire youth team playing. As was mentioned by felly1, the stats prove that Flynn Downes' absence is much more significant than any other team selection. Without him we seem to lack steel and creativity. Somehow we've managed to assemble to team of players who are great at one touch passes, but aren't so great at scoring open goals and tackling when it really matters.
[Post edited 24 Apr 13:54]

Are they great at one touch passes.?
They might think they are .
That's the major problem at the Club, they are being asked to do things that they are not very good at.
Just stick to what you're good at, it works much better.
A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 15:27 - Apr 24 with 639 viewsNumber_58

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 15:07 - Apr 24 by GRIM

Are they great at one touch passes.?
They might think they are .
That's the major problem at the Club, they are being asked to do things that they are not very good at.
Just stick to what you're good at, it works much better.

Some of our moves this season have been incredible to watch, like going back to the Keegan era, and I think the majority of the team can play that way. Unfortunately, it does rely on everyone being on the top of their game, all the time. If the confidence goes and players start to go missing, the whole thing breaks down and we don't appear to have the players to win the ball back when we give it away.
A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 15:30 - Apr 24 with 630 viewssaint22

A message from Brighton Buddha to Nick on 15:27 - Apr 24 by Number_58

Some of our moves this season have been incredible to watch, like going back to the Keegan era, and I think the majority of the team can play that way. Unfortunately, it does rely on everyone being on the top of their game, all the time. If the confidence goes and players start to go missing, the whole thing breaks down and we don't appear to have the players to win the ball back when we give it away.

We score goals, and should score a lot more, but its not enough because.........our defence and keeper aren't good enough as a unit
Yes THB is a fantastic player, KWP too, Jan B has his plusses but isn't great and is too slow and sideways, Jack too, Manning the less said the better, Bree is good but an average Championship player, then who do we have ?? No one
All 3 of our keepers are not very good
There are no replacements or competition in any position at the back

A winning team is built on a solid defence and clean sheets and we dont have either
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024