Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The front 3 last night 08:45 - Apr 24 with 1006 viewsButty101

I thought Brooks would be a great signing, but he really flatters to deceive. He dosent seem to be able to do it for 90mins. Offered nothing and has no pace.

Adam Armstrong has all the pace in the world, yet not once last night did he take his man on. Every time he passed backwards and the ball ended up on the halfway line.

Che i thought battled gamely but had little service. But then again im not convinced he was really showing for the ball.

Whats happened to Fraser, he was a key part of our record run.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

The front 3 last night on 09:31 - Apr 24 with 909 viewsSaintNick

Had the confidence and fight knocked out of them, Brooks is a very good player, but he is good when the opposition are on the back foot, when you have to dig in and grind out results he is found a little wanting

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The front 3 last night on 09:51 - Apr 24 with 862 viewsPatfromPoole

I am fearing Brooks has lost interest since Wales got knocked out of the Euros, and he is just counting down the days until he can return to the utterly irrelevant club on my doorstep.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

The front 3 last night on 12:18 - Apr 24 with 703 viewsCity_boy

The front 3 last night on 09:51 - Apr 24 by PatfromPoole

I am fearing Brooks has lost interest since Wales got knocked out of the Euros, and he is just counting down the days until he can return to the utterly irrelevant club on my doorstep.

Spot on. I was thinking exactly the same. Brooks has been useless since Wales failed to qualify.
The front 3 last night on 12:35 - Apr 24 with 673 viewssaint901

Why would Brooks risk getting injured when he will almost certainly go back to his home club (and the PL) or be picked up by one of the promoted sides and play in the PL?

AA has said all season that he wants to be in the centre but RM plays him on the wing or in midfield. When AA is central you do see him take players on and have a shot. Much more difficult from the wing.

Che has been poorly served by RM and his "way". Che is the sort of reactive striker who likes chaos and confusion in the box. The RM way is to try and walk it into the net and Che is not that type of player.

You can argue that all three have faults and flaws. It's the manager's job to bring out the strengths and make them play together.

The manager's job was on full display last night.
The front 3 last night on 13:03 - Apr 24 with 635 viewsTimSaint

The front 3 last night on 09:31 - Apr 24 by SaintNick

Had the confidence and fight knocked out of them, Brooks is a very good player, but he is good when the opposition are on the back foot, when you have to dig in and grind out results he is found a little wanting

Brooks is technically very good, but has been severely lacking in the very things we needed - fight, graft, determination, chase back (especially when he loses it) and the ability to dig in.

I have said before that he is a luxury player and someone to ideally bring on at home when we are winning, so he can open up defences with his passing, or score the odd worldy.

He deficiencies were very noticeable away to Bristol City and in some of the games since then, even at home, particularly when he has started games.

He has not done enough to earn a contract with us, with any of the teams that will get promoted and won't be in the starting XI for Bournemouth next season. Another loans beckons.

I would much rather we used, or gave a chance to some of our own wingers - Sam AA, Dibling, Sulemana, Edozie, Fraser (aware he is on loan but dropped out of the starting XI despite losing the creativity of S Arm).

TimSaint

The front 3 last night on 13:22 - Apr 24 with 609 viewsPatfromPoole

The front 3 last night on 13:03 - Apr 24 by TimSaint

Brooks is technically very good, but has been severely lacking in the very things we needed - fight, graft, determination, chase back (especially when he loses it) and the ability to dig in.

I have said before that he is a luxury player and someone to ideally bring on at home when we are winning, so he can open up defences with his passing, or score the odd worldy.

He deficiencies were very noticeable away to Bristol City and in some of the games since then, even at home, particularly when he has started games.

He has not done enough to earn a contract with us, with any of the teams that will get promoted and won't be in the starting XI for Bournemouth next season. Another loans beckons.

I would much rather we used, or gave a chance to some of our own wingers - Sam AA, Dibling, Sulemana, Edozie, Fraser (aware he is on loan but dropped out of the starting XI despite losing the creativity of S Arm).

Sulemana should be got out of the club ASAP; can’t control the ball and doesn’t give a toss.

Edozie isn’t good enough, I fear. The more I see him the more I think League One is his natural level.

Fraser has done little since his injury sadly.

As for Sam AA and Dibling, lots of promise there, but God knows how long it will be until we see it realised.

The more the season goes on, the more I am thinking the key defining moment was when we sold Tella.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

The front 3 last night on 13:24 - Apr 24 with 604 views1885_SFC

Brooks's confidence is shot. You only have to watch Saturday's game at Cardiff when he rounded the keeper to see his mojo has gone.

Old School is Cool

The front 3 last night on 15:01 - Apr 24 with 526 viewsTimSaint

The front 3 last night on 13:22 - Apr 24 by PatfromPoole

Sulemana should be got out of the club ASAP; can’t control the ball and doesn’t give a toss.

Edozie isn’t good enough, I fear. The more I see him the more I think League One is his natural level.

Fraser has done little since his injury sadly.

As for Sam AA and Dibling, lots of promise there, but God knows how long it will be until we see it realised.

The more the season goes on, the more I am thinking the key defining moment was when we sold Tella.

I get all your points about the players mentioned Pat, but I don't see why we pick a loan player ahead of our own, especially when he has done so little of late and clearly can't wait to leave.

I would rather give Sam AA a run out.
Sulemana I agree hasn't got a clue, but he is quick and we could have put him up against Vesti last night as something unexpected - especially as Vesti was on a yellow.
Agree that Dozie is probably L1 standard. He is so lightweight, loses the ball far too often and will try to beat the same man 2 or 3 times instead of laying it off. He needs to learn the offside rule as well.

Fraser was excellent this season, before Millwall kicked him off the park. Now he is struggling, or not showing it in training, or RM has moved him down the pecking order. I am surprised that he hasn't reverted back to the Fraser - Adams - A Arm front 3 combo yet.

2 games to find a winning combination.

TimSaint

Login to get fewer ads

The front 3 last night on 17:22 - Apr 24 with 430 viewsarfurdent

The front 3 last night on 15:01 - Apr 24 by TimSaint

I get all your points about the players mentioned Pat, but I don't see why we pick a loan player ahead of our own, especially when he has done so little of late and clearly can't wait to leave.

I would rather give Sam AA a run out.
Sulemana I agree hasn't got a clue, but he is quick and we could have put him up against Vesti last night as something unexpected - especially as Vesti was on a yellow.
Agree that Dozie is probably L1 standard. He is so lightweight, loses the ball far too often and will try to beat the same man 2 or 3 times instead of laying it off. He needs to learn the offside rule as well.

Fraser was excellent this season, before Millwall kicked him off the park. Now he is struggling, or not showing it in training, or RM has moved him down the pecking order. I am surprised that he hasn't reverted back to the Fraser - Adams - A Arm front 3 combo yet.

2 games to find a winning combination.

please do not hold your breathe waiting with the NHS in terminal decline

And the White Knight is talking backwards And the Red Queen's off with her head

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024