Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? 09:06 - Apr 24 with 925 viewssaint901

The Leicester game was terrible (for us).

RM saying he saw a good match for 60 minutes? Really? Did he have a TV on the bench and was watching Arsenal?

One of the BBC pundits said after 20 minutes that it was like watching attack v defence and that the defence was in panic mode.

No organisation, no shape, no aggression or fight, no heart in the team to buckle in and make it a contest.

Is this is one off reaction to losing - not to Cardiff - but automatic promotion? Or was it just a one off as we are prone to (Sunderland away this season?)

My worst fear is that this is the players giving RM a message that they are fed up with his way of playing - and him - and as a lot of them will likely be away in the summer, they have nothing to win or lose at the moment.

Take that into the playoffs and we may as well concede now.

If the issue is that RM has lost the dressing room, I really hope somebody in management /ownership knows that and takes appropriate steps.
A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? on 09:15 - Apr 24 with 884 viewsCenturion

The players aren't good enough and therefore demoralised at RM's type of football.

I think RM will be here for the play offs.

Norwich or WBA will take us to the cleaners.
A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? on 09:32 - Apr 24 with 840 viewsgrumpy

A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? on 09:15 - Apr 24 by Centurion

The players aren't good enough and therefore demoralised at RM's type of football.

I think RM will be here for the play offs.

Norwich or WBA will take us to the cleaners.

I think we have one of the strongest squads in the Championship.
The problem is the Manager and Coaching.
The owners must bear responsibility for not finding competent managers too.
We had a great run which Martin must take credit for,but when teams worked out that all our possession football was easily dealt with by counter attacking the writing was on the wall because Martin doesn't have a plan B.
We are in the Payoffs now so we must support the team because they are going to need it.
The fans have been Magnificent,after losing to Cardiff on Saturday and with little expectation to get anything from Leicester they turned up again on a Tuesday night and supported the team.
They deserve so much more.
A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? on 09:45 - Apr 24 with 812 viewsTripleNiemi

Part of me was thinking we had timed things just about right; i.e., gotten over our dip of poor results but we’re coming into form (results wise at least) for the play offs. Watford, Preston etc. and I was starting to (maybe being deluded) think we might just get out of this league. Last night really showed a gulf in class and styles of play though.

I don’t think the players are questioning RM’s tactics but then again who knows. One things for sure, I have never been a fan of this style of play and would much sooner we had naff all possession (much skin to Leicester) but carve teams up with quick incisive forward play that results in goals. Said it before, don’t go with the continual ousting of managers, but I for one would be overjoyed if someone pulled the trigger on RM. Sadly however, there are a lot of young plums on Socisl Media thinking he is the messiah and that we need to ‘trust the process’ ffs.

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? on 09:49 - Apr 24 with 801 viewsMattFinish

A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? on 09:32 - Apr 24 by grumpy

I think we have one of the strongest squads in the Championship.
The problem is the Manager and Coaching.
The owners must bear responsibility for not finding competent managers too.
We had a great run which Martin must take credit for,but when teams worked out that all our possession football was easily dealt with by counter attacking the writing was on the wall because Martin doesn't have a plan B.
We are in the Payoffs now so we must support the team because they are going to need it.
The fans have been Magnificent,after losing to Cardiff on Saturday and with little expectation to get anything from Leicester they turned up again on a Tuesday night and supported the team.
They deserve so much more.

I agree Grumps. This squad is easily good enough for automatic promotion and if we hadn’t lost a string of easy victories we’d be up already
Rms system is too over complicated particularly for this level of football. Okay if you’re Man City or Arsenal.
I only wonder what we’d have done with Daniel Farke or Kieran McKenna in charge.
The main problem isn’t RMs possession football or Che’s inability to score from 3 yards or Bazunu’s numerous blind spots, it’s SRs disastrous transfer record
A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? on 11:20 - Apr 24 with 658 viewsGRIM

A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? on 09:49 - Apr 24 by MattFinish

I agree Grumps. This squad is easily good enough for automatic promotion and if we hadn’t lost a string of easy victories we’d be up already
Rms system is too over complicated particularly for this level of football. Okay if you’re Man City or Arsenal.
I only wonder what we’d have done with Daniel Farke or Kieran McKenna in charge.
The main problem isn’t RMs possession football or Che’s inability to score from 3 yards or Bazunu’s numerous blind spots, it’s SRs disastrous transfer record

I must be the only one that thinks our squad is not that good.
Goalkeeper = very poor, all of them.
Full Backs = RM useless & KWP OK going forward but defensively useless. Bree is very average
Ctr Backs = OK if THB & JB play.
Midfield = not strong enough physically & not creative (exception being FD).
Wingers. = lightweight & no end product.
Strikers = Scored plenty between them but missed many more than they've scored.
And as for our Manager, enough has already been said.
A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? on 12:43 - Apr 24 with 569 viewskingolaf

The players have downed tools. Martin said as much after the game.

I don’t blame them either. If Martin was made of chocolate he would eat himself.
A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? on 13:02 - Apr 24 with 538 viewssaint22

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/forum/308619/atrocious/#4
A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? on 13:19 - Apr 24 with 527 views1885_SFC

66% possession last night - and still get thumped 5-0.

That proves to me that Russell Martin's tippy-tappy 'keep the ball at all costs' football doesn't work - not with these players. Everyone knows it - except Martin himself. It's pointless keeping the ball if you do f@ck all with it. I saw RM's post-match interview last night & the guy was utterly embarrassing - totally clueless.

Time to change the way we play by changing the manager. I'm done with him and his sidekicks. Sounds like most of the players are too - and just at the point in the season when we needed them to be focussed & together. Instead, they look as lost & rudderless as I've ever seen them.

Old School is Cool

Login to get fewer ads

A loss of confidence at the worst time - or a one off? on 22:40 - Apr 24 with 365 viewssledger

his previous clubs conceded 60 odd goals a season now with better players hes doing it again,its a repeating pattern,fact is you cannot be successful with these stats
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024