Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saints top of the table 09:28 - Apr 24 with 912 viewsMattFinish

https://footystats.org/england/championship/xg

It’s not difficult to see why we have missed automatic promotion
Saints top of the table on 10:50 - Apr 24 with 815 viewsIfonly

Well, having a high xG is not a bad thing, so that is not why we've missed out. So, are you trying to say that we've missed out because we don't convert the xG to G? Are you trying to say that the reason is down to bad finishing?

If so, I'm sorry but that's not what the stats say. If you want to look at finishing, look in your table at "xG v Actual". On that measure, we aren't great, we're top half of the table, not great - but not poor either.

A high xG and a decent conversion ratio should be enough. That's not where the problem lies. The problem is the goals going in at the other end of the pitch.

For example, in comparison to Leicester, we have scored only one goal less than them, but we have let in 22 more. That shows the difference.
Saints top of the table on 12:55 - Apr 24 with 684 viewsTripleNiemi

xG?

Am I correct in thinking another useless ‘metric’ or modern ‘stat’ ?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Saints top of the table on 13:33 - Apr 24 with 653 viewssaint22

Saints top of the table on 12:55 - Apr 24 by TripleNiemi

xG?

The only stats that natter are goalks
Score more, concede less

We have that the wring way round

Our shots on target stat is atrocious and if we cant hit the target we won't score

I would love to see how many shots we have had against us on target that resulted on goals
Saints top of the table on 13:38 - Apr 24 with 642 viewsNumber_58

Saints top of the table on 13:33 - Apr 24 by saint22

The only stats that natter are goalks
Score more, concede less

We have that the wring way round

Our shots on target stat is atrocious and if we cant hit the target we won't score

I would love to see how many shots we have had against us on target that resulted on goals

Are you the policeman in Allo Allo?
Saints top of the table on 14:14 - Apr 24 with 614 viewsMattFinish

Saints top of the table on 13:38 - Apr 24 by Number_58

like that
Saints top of the table on 14:20 - Apr 24 with 585 viewsMattFinish

What I think I'm trying to say is that like the XG table we're also way out on top in the possession table but like Saint22 said the only stat that counts is scoring at least one more than the opposition

RM seems to be deliberately over complicating the point of the game and playing in a particular way seems to be as important as winning. When it comes off it's great but it doesn't come off consistently.

I'd be all in favour of Saints going balls out to sign Kieran McKenna if Ipswich don't go up.
Saints top of the table on 14:41 - Apr 24 with 557 viewsTimSaint

Saints top of the table on 12:55 - Apr 24 by TripleNiemi

xG?

Yes !!

One of the graphics on Sky last night said that our Expected Goals for the 2nd half was 0.08 !!

TimSaint

Saints top of the table on 17:11 - Apr 24 with 486 viewsTripleNiemi

Saints top of the table on 14:20 - Apr 24 by MattFinish

What I think I'm trying to say is that like the XG table we're also way out on top in the possession table but like Saint22 said the only stat that counts is scoring at least one more than the opposition

RM seems to be deliberately over complicating the point of the game and playing in a particular way seems to be as important as winning. When it comes off it's great but it doesn't come off consistently.

I'd be all in favour of Saints going balls out to sign Kieran McKenna if Ipswich don't go up.

Our possession stat is no doubt bigger than all the teams combined in the top four leagues…..

Fücking possession…. fück off and get the fücking ball forward fücking quickly and put the fücking ball in the net.

Login to get fewer ads

Saints top of the table on 17:13 - Apr 24 with 481 viewsTripleNiemi

Saints top of the table on 14:41 - Apr 24 by TimSaint

Yes !!

One of the graphics on Sky last night said that our Expected Goals for the 2nd half was 0.08 !!

Makes sense as I thought I had seen SaintsRob quote some inane stat on this matter.

Saints top of the table on 18:40 - Apr 24 with 416 viewsRon11

Saints top of the table on 13:38 - Apr 24 by Number_58

Well it's not God moaning
Saints top of the table on 19:20 - Apr 24 with 383 viewsMattFinish

Saints top of the table on 17:11 - Apr 24 by TripleNiemi

Our possession stat is no doubt bigger than all the teams combined in the top four leagues…..

Fücking possession…. fück off and get the fücking ball forward fücking quickly and put the fücking ball in the net.

Couldn’t have put it better myself 🤣🤣
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024