Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Next season 18:50 - May 2 with 1000 viewsMattFinish

Assuming we go up which players will we keep and who will we need to offload?

I think KWP and Sulemana will be sold and Rothwell and Brooks will go back to Bournemouth.

McCarthy, Che and Stuey will leave at the end of their contracts but only Stuey would be good enough for a PL start.

The players I think could do a job as first teamers are:
Harwood-Bellis, Janny B and Downes plus Fraser and Aribo as late subs. The likelihood is though that Man City recall TH-B and WHU recall Downes

Players who could possibly be fringe players are Smallbone, Adam Armstrong, Bazunu, Stephens, Charles, Edozie, Amo-Ameyaw

Bree, Manning, Lumbley and Mara are nowhere near good enough and need to be sold.

I have no idea whether Ross Stewart and Juan Larios will ever be fit so how they'd perform in the PL is another question.

Two of our best performers last season are out on loan ie Perraud and Alcaraz who could be recalled. Mateusz Lis is at the end of his loan at Goztepe and should return

Not looking good is it when SR spent £130m last year on the likes of Sulemana, Onuachu, Mara, Caleta-Car, Orsic, Bree, Maitland-Niles (loan), Lyanco and Larios.

Next season on 20:40 - May 2 with 904 viewsPatfromPoole

We are contractually committed to buy Harwood-Bellis if we get promoted.

Otherwise he returns to City.

You are in for pelters on here for suggesting that Qu’est ce que c’est (Perraud) was one of our best players last season.

If you can find a buyer for Sulemana I would suggest you should be tasked with selling ice to eskimos, sir.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

Next season on 20:44 - May 2 with 903 viewsgrumpy

I don't think we're very good at getting the best out of players these days.
Why don't we have any young players coming through?Its not as if we're in the Premiership.
Next season on 20:48 - May 2 with 897 viewscocklebreath

Next season on 20:44 - May 2 by grumpy

I don't think we're very good at getting the best out of players these days.
Why don't we have any young players coming through?Its not as if we're in the Premiership.

We do but Russ won’t play them

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Next season on 17:33 - May 3 with 585 viewsNYC_Saint

I read somewhere Downes is open to making the move permanent if we go up. However, with West Ham likely to move on from Moyes at the end of his contract, any new manager would proabably want to look at him pre season given how well he's played for us this season. I'd love him to sign full time.

We also have ABK returning with tail firmly between legs following limited game time and (yet more) injury trouble in Holland. If he's prepared to knuckle down and rein his ego back in, he and THB could be a good option, albeit a very young/inexperienced pairing.

Hopefully in 4 games' time this thread will no longer be a theoretical one......
Next season on 18:05 - May 3 with 563 viewsMattFinish

Next season on 20:40 - May 2 by PatfromPoole

We are contractually committed to buy Harwood-Bellis if we get promoted.

Otherwise he returns to City.

You are in for pelters on here for suggesting that Qu’est ce que c’est (Perraud) was one of our best players last season.

If you can find a buyer for Sulemana I would suggest you should be tasked with selling ice to eskimos, sir.

To be honest Pat I was struggling to think of a good player from last season other than Alcaraz
Next season on 10:30 - May 4 with 311 viewsIfonly

This is what I posted on another thread a few days ago:

They may not be playing that way at the moment for various reasons, but these are good enough for the PL, if nothing else then as squad players: KWP, THB, Jan B, FD, Fraser, Brooks, Carlos Alcaraz and Perraud.

That's a similar list to yours but you don't mention KWP and you include Aribo (you might be right about him).

The bottom line for me is that this season we've had the option to use a set of players who were good enough to be promoted but would need significant strengthening if we were to survive in the PL. Next year, when we'll probably still be in this league, we might not be as strong.

We had weaknesses in certain areas (GK, CF) but these players were still good enough to be promoted. The trouble is we played a system that exposed our defence and made it look weak and some players have gradually lost confidence, so they're not playing anywhere near their potential.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024