Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's 09:30 - Nov 8 with 2384 viewsSaintsNews

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61224/magnificent-southa

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 10:12 - Nov 8 with 2346 viewsfranniesTache

Spending 45mins singing about nothing other than the skates, with maybe a small "respite" to sing about libraries, and stealing every song man city come up with isn't a magnificent support, it's cringeworthy, tinpot and god awful.

The numbers might be good, but the quality is seriously lacking.
Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 10:29 - Nov 8 with 2321 viewsSaintNick

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 10:12 - Nov 8 by franniesTache

Spending 45mins singing about nothing other than the skates, with maybe a small "respite" to sing about libraries, and stealing every song man city come up with isn't a magnificent support, it's cringeworthy, tinpot and god awful.

One step at a time, a ground with plenty of noise, even if it is just the usual stuff, is better than silence.

In truth how many clubs actually have their own songs, Spurs have stolen our anthem, Celtic have stolen Liverpool's although back in the 1970's every one sung YNWA, even Manchester United.

I would say all clubs repetoire is mainly made up of generic songs, Liverpool get some stick, but they are one of the few clubs who have some genuine anthems that nobody else sings, but even they sing oh when the reds go marching in and other generic songs

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 11:24 - Nov 8 with 2264 viewsBuggalugs

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 10:29 - Nov 8 by SaintNick

One step at a time, a ground with plenty of noise, even if it is just the usual stuff, is better than silence.

In truth how many clubs actually have their own songs, Spurs have stolen our anthem, Celtic have stolen Liverpool's although back in the 1970's every one sung YNWA, even Manchester United.

I would say all clubs repetoire is mainly made up of generic songs, Liverpool get some stick, but they are one of the few clubs who have some genuine anthems that nobody else sings, but even they sing oh when the reds go marching in and other generic songs

I'm with Frannie on this. I struggle to join in with any of the songs our lot insist on signing as they're hideously embarrassing. I've never liked to stand in silence watching football, but I find it's definitely getting harder to contribute other than shouting random encouragements out.

However, I appreciate the new generation coming through do things differently and us old fvckers struggle to relate. My nipper's 16 and pretty clued up about football and it's culture, but I'm still forever having to tell him to reign in being a bellend. It's a never-ending battle because of all the content their social platforms feed them. Limbs/pyros/concourse antics/w@nk songs; like it or not, that's what the nippers are in to now.

Poll: How do YOU define a racist?

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 12:08 - Nov 8 with 2232 viewsdirk_doone

Fortunately, because they're hidden away in the corners of the away end, where the acoustics are worst and they are easily drowned out by the away fans, you don't hear their songs about Pompey on TV because if you did, it would be great publicity for them. especially when we were in the Premier League and Pompey in League One.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 12:28 - Nov 8 with 2205 viewsgrumpy

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/southampton/news/61021/back-of-the-chapel

Come on you Northam/Itchen lot get yourselves down there.
[Post edited 8 Nov 2023 12:29]
Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 15:30 - Nov 8 with 2096 viewskingslandstand1

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 10:12 - Nov 8 by franniesTache

Did we get the "You've only got one song" retort?
Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 15:32 - Nov 8 with 2092 viewskingslandstand1

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 10:29 - Nov 8 by SaintNick

Unfortunately Nick, almost every club now has their version of OWTS to the degree that some even think we've nicked it!
Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 16:15 - Nov 8 with 2047 viewsgrumpy

Should sing a song along with our words to the lyrics of 'Hey Jude'

Login to get fewer ads

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 17:09 - Nov 8 with 2018 viewsfranniesTache

How many clubs have their own songs?

Norwich have on the ball city
Stoke have Delilah
Sheffield United the chip butty song
Newcastle the blaydon races
Leeds Marching on together
Bristol rovers have goodnight irene
Wolves do Hi Ho Wolverhampton
Manchester United have so many it's hard to even list them, but the United Calpyso is totally unique and quality
FCUM have on top of the world
West Ham have bubbles
Man city have blue moon (plus keep coming up with new ones we seem to copy for some reason)
Palace have Glad all over

In fact there's loads more i've not listed too, but the best one for me is Hibs Sunshine on Leith.

To be honest it's not even the fact we don't have one unique one, Liverpool are the same in using a song loads of others do, it's the fact that every single song is just a carbon copy of another team from the week before that's annoying (and most are so lazy they don't even change the words much, just add Pompey/Scummer to it).

At least in the 90s we had a few unique ones to us, like the Le Tiss song, Eyal Eyal, Our Claus and we want Branfoot out.
Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 17:17 - Nov 8 with 1988 viewskingslandstand1

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 16:15 - Nov 8 by grumpy

Should sing a song along with our words to the lyrics of 'Hey Jude'

Isn't there a copyright for public broadcast with that song??? Not that L&M need the dosh (well Lennon's estate)
Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 21:03 - Nov 8 with 1879 viewsA1079

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 17:09 - Nov 8 by franniesTache

How many clubs have their own songs?

Norwich have on the ball city
Stoke have Delilah
Sheffield United the chip butty song
Newcastle the blaydon races
Leeds Marching on together
Bristol rovers have goodnight irene
Wolves do Hi Ho Wolverhampton
Manchester United have so many it's hard to even list them, but the United Calpyso is totally unique and quality
FCUM have on top of the world
West Ham have bubbles
Man city have blue moon (plus keep coming up with new ones we seem to copy for some reason)
Palace have Glad all over

In fact there's loads more i've not listed too, but the best one for me is Hibs Sunshine on Leith.

To be honest it's not even the fact we don't have one unique one, Liverpool are the same in using a song loads of others do, it's the fact that every single song is just a carbon copy of another team from the week before that's annoying (and most are so lazy they don't even change the words much, just add Pompey/Scummer to it).

At least in the 90s we had a few unique ones to us, like the Le Tiss song, Eyal Eyal, Our Claus and we want Branfoot out.

Sunshine on Leith from Hibs fans is one of the most spine tingling thing I have heard. Can you imagine Sunshine on Solent????? Not sure it works, but anyway:-

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 21:07 - Nov 8 with 1877 viewsA1079

Country Roads
Take me home
To the place, I belong
We're Southampton
Super Southampton
Take me home Country Roads

Hardly Lennon and McCartney but..........
Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 11:24 - Nov 9 with 1723 viewsfranniesTache

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 21:07 - Nov 8 by A1079

Country Roads
Take me home
To the place, I belong
We're Southampton
Super Southampton
Take me home Country Roads

Hardly Lennon and McCartney but..........

if we keep copying chants from City/United we may as well just follow it to it's logical conclusion and sing Manchester instead of Southampton
Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 13:04 - Nov 9 with 1686 viewsSaintNick

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 21:03 - Nov 8 by A1079

Sunshine on Leith from Hibs fans is one of the most spine tingling thing I have heard. Can you imagine Sunshine on Solent????? Not sure it works, but anyway:-

People forget that we are nowhere near the Solent, we are on either the Test or the Itchen rivers or Southampton Water, the Solent is at the end of that in between the mainland and the island.

The Solent washes up on Southsea and Portsmouth shores not ours.

If there is a song we could sing it would be this one

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 17:54 - Nov 9 with 1589 viewsChesham_Saint

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 21:03 - Nov 8 by A1079

And of course, Forest have McCartney's Mull of KIntyre, which they've somehow managed to twist to include the River Trent.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 18:26 - Nov 9 with 1573 viewsIfonly

A good atmosphere doesn't come from some knobby song. A good atmosphere is all about noise which can just be random shouting. The best atmosphere in any ground is when the home side are up and at'em and the noise from the crowd just drives them on to scoring. The players can feel the passion in that noise. Songs are just a side issue.
Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 21:13 - Nov 11 with 1398 viewsIanSouthstander

I thought the atmosphere today was the best i've heard at St Marys for a long long time.

Well done everybody.
Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 21:21 - Nov 11 with 1386 viewsSouthamptonfan

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 21:13 - Nov 11 by IanSouthstander

I thought the atmosphere today was the best i've heard at St Marys for a long long time.

Well done everybody.

Yes it was excellent. The fans are getting hyped and excited.

Poll: After Nick's revelation, would you welcome back Danny Ings?

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 22:26 - Nov 11 with 1300 viewscocklebreath

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 21:13 - Nov 11 by IanSouthstander

Well done everybody.

Last 10 minutes when we were hanging on it was great, every challenge cheered it felt like the good old days.

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Magnificent Southampton Away Support Now Needs To Be Replicated At St Mary's on 09:19 - Nov 12 with 1124 viewsPatfromPoole

I thought both sets of fans were good yesterday.

West Brom fans are decent, have always quite admired their fans.

Better noise yesterday than you will get at a lot of Prem games. Caught a bit of the Boscombe game last night and that was deathly silent.

Poll: Does anybody think Saints can get promoted this season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024