Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Thomas - season ticket for life 09:15 - Sep 15 with 11787 viewsCharsean

Morning guys. I got talking to James Thomas a couple of weeks ago and asked if he still follows the swans. He said that he's got a season ticket and goes to as many games as work (ambulance technician) allows. I joked that he probably gets a freebie and he replied that he didn't even get a discount. WTF!!!!
He wasn't complaining or moaning about it but I felt he was somewhat disappointed - and rightly so. I know there's been many people who helped our incredible rise but without his hat trick that day we would never be where we are today. I've canvassed quite a few fans and they believe he should be rewarded with a season ticket for life - in fact most think he should have a statue at the liberty.
Anyway I'm trying to drum up support from the fans and the evening post to get JT rewarded with something that he so thoroughly deserves.
If you're on Twitter please leave a comment on #jamesthomasseasonticketforlife

Thank you for your time
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 13:32 - Sep 15 with 1174 viewsSpratty

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 13:20 - Sep 15 by Parlay

Do all soldiers deserve the medal of honour? Does every player deserve a statue? Does every actor deserve a lifetime achievement award? Does every player deserve their shirt retired?

I think in that hull game we could have replaced any single player for that match and i would still be confident we would have won (maybe martinez aside but hes not a swans fan).... Apart from Thomas. Most important game in our history, most important player in that game. An iconic moment that began one of the greatest rags to riches stories in British football.

Simple as that.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 13:24]

Damn it i'm filling up here
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:37 - Sep 15 with 1166 viewsScoobyWho

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:07 - Sep 15 by pencoedjack

He is also very lucky that he lived out most of our dreams .....

Think Man City have a banner 'Your living our dreams' which is very apt IMO.

Living 'some' peoples dreams, me ? I'm a fan of football, not a fan of people, and most certainly not footballers, I'm a supporter of Swansea City and I don't want or desire to be what they are.
Not at any point.

No thanks mate

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 13:37 - Sep 15 with 1167 viewsParlay

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 13:30 - Sep 15 by Catullus

To put it properly, Thomas had absolutely no impact in our rise up the league. His impact was in stopping us going down.
The same impact that every player had in those games at the tail end of that season. If we'd dropped any points in the other last ten games of the season (obviously besides the points we did drop) we'd have gone down.
The results stand, it was a team effort, you can't single one out and make out he did it single handed in one game.
I think strikers get too much credit, they can't do what they do without the rest of the team.

Something must stop its downward motion in order to rise. If i jumped on a trampoline i would need to stop in order to bounce back up, james thomas stopped us falling that day and we have been soaring ever since. He has had every impact on our rise by giving us the ability to.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 13:38]

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 13:38 - Sep 15 with 1163 viewsDarran

I wonder if the board could attach a high chair to a seat in the West Stand for Brian Flynn?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 13:40 - Sep 15 with 1159 viewsParlay

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 13:29 - Sep 15 by Chief

Marc Richards?

Without his goal at Rochdale the week before, we wouldn't have been in a position that allowed us to stay up if we won the Hull game.

And England wouldnt have won the world cup without winning their group games. To think they are as iconic as Geoff Hurst in the world cup final though is just looking to be awkward for the sake of it.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 14:29 - Sep 15 with 1107 viewspremierjack

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 12:19 - Sep 15 by Parlay

Ah maybe it is, either way, he did not have his career cut short or indeed have the impact of James Thomas in Swansea's rise to where we are now. In fact you could pin point that hattrick as the beginning of it all.

James Thomas is wealthier than John coats....
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 14:38 - Sep 15 with 1095 viewsicecoldjack

Well i have to say its been a joy to debate this topic, lots of good constructive comments from all.

For me its not sp much what he earnt but more to do with an iconic moment in the clubs history.

After all we could argue many should have their name on the wall,many should perhaps have a statue etc,etc.

For recognition of a point in history, a turning point in the clubs history and a FAmous hatrick i say why not reward him with something to remember the moment .
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 14:42 - Sep 15 with 1088 viewsScoobyWho

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 14:38 - Sep 15 by icecoldjack

Well i have to say its been a joy to debate this topic, lots of good constructive comments from all.

For me its not sp much what he earnt but more to do with an iconic moment in the clubs history.

After all we could argue many should have their name on the wall,many should perhaps have a statue etc,etc.

For recognition of a point in history, a turning point in the clubs history and a FAmous hatrick i say why not reward him with something to remember the moment .

It certainly is a pleasure to have discussion without having to resort to defending yourself or being abused. Things are certainly better round here

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:43 - Sep 15 with 1088 viewspencoedjack

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:37 - Sep 15 by ScoobyWho

Living 'some' peoples dreams, me ? I'm a fan of football, not a fan of people, and most certainly not footballers, I'm a supporter of Swansea City and I don't want or desire to be what they are.
Not at any point.

No thanks mate

You've never dreamt about scoring a winner in a South Wales derby and running up to the NB or East stand with the fans going crazy.

I have often dreamt about Scotty's Mrs too but that's for another time.

Maybe its just me
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:46 - Sep 15 with 1077 viewsScoobyWho

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:43 - Sep 15 by pencoedjack

You've never dreamt about scoring a winner in a South Wales derby and running up to the NB or East stand with the fans going crazy.

I have often dreamt about Scotty's Mrs too but that's for another time.

Maybe its just me

No disrespect to anyone who dreams about anything, we are all different ;-)

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:47 - Sep 15 with 1074 viewsjacksinceever

(No subject) (n/t) on 13:37 - Sep 15 by ScoobyWho

Not at any point.

No thanks mate

Ironic that with a username like Scooby Who ......
(No subject) (n/t) on 14:54 - Sep 15 with 1064 viewsScoobyWho

(No subject) (n/t) on 14:47 - Sep 15 by jacksinceever

Ironic that with a username like Scooby Who ......

Irony is the station masters whistle, the dancers shoe and the missing links only hope.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 15:11 - Sep 15 with 1036 viewsCharsean

Thank you all for debating this. I think it's obvious were split down the middle. I still believe there's a case for JT to be rewarded. As I said... Just my onion like
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 15:24 - Sep 15 with 1008 viewsScoobyWho

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 15:11 - Sep 15 by Charsean

Thank you all for debating this. I think it's obvious were split down the middle. I still believe there's a case for JT to be rewarded. As I said... Just my onion like

Onions are lovely

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 15:53 - Sep 15 with 996 viewsPhil_S

Firstly I can see the arguments for both sides but I come down on the side of not giving James a free season ticket. I will never forget what he did that afternoon and for his exploits alone that season he earned a place on the Wall of fame.

As someone has said elsewhere the Trust are working towards an ex players association but giving out free season tickets to people just doesn't feel right and as has been stated why is his desire/need any greater than anyone elses

That is not knocking the people that believe it is the right think but for me it isn't and therefore it is not something I would back.
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 16:12 - Sep 15 with 963 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 11:36 - Sep 15 by Brynmill_Jack

He's probably got less disposable income than you .
I think the gravy train of the PL passed him buy , probably earned less than some of our U21's.
If anyone deserves a discount or more appropriately a freebie it's him

No ex players should get any free tickets .
It's a simple as that .

Unless they are invited to games by the club of course .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:04 - Sep 15 with 932 viewsJackfath

Give him a freebie but make him work for it. The half time entertainment needs jazzing up and he could be the very man.

I'll have a think about what he could do and get back to you all when this thread reaches 10 pages.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:09 - Sep 15 with 919 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

A season ticket for life?

That isn't the Swansea City way.

Give him a job in the coaching department, that's what we do.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:17 - Sep 15 with 901 viewsScoobyWho

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:04 - Sep 15 by Jackfath

Give him a freebie but make him work for it. The half time entertainment needs jazzing up and he could be the very man.

I'll have a think about what he could do and get back to you all when this thread reaches 10 pages.

He could re-enact that chipped goal each week in fancy dress or rush from the back of an ambulance waving to the crowd and then score ? Re dramatisations of him scoring in period costume and later on serve ice cream from a van to the east stand as they chant his name.

The possibilities are endless, but of course I've just realised he probably works shifts so he couldn't make it every week ? And then there's nights. Which cancels him out of having a season ticket gratis in any event, one weekend off in four - he would only sell it on twitter.

Would make a mockery of a free seat.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:20 - Sep 15 with 895 viewsJackfath

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:17 - Sep 15 by ScoobyWho

He could re-enact that chipped goal each week in fancy dress or rush from the back of an ambulance waving to the crowd and then score ? Re dramatisations of him scoring in period costume and later on serve ice cream from a van to the east stand as they chant his name.

The possibilities are endless, but of course I've just realised he probably works shifts so he couldn't make it every week ? And then there's nights. Which cancels him out of having a season ticket gratis in any event, one weekend off in four - he would only sell it on twitter.

Would make a mockery of a free seat.

I like your idea of fancy dress goal chipping. We could have a poll on here weekly to see what he should wear. It would be like Mr Ben but at the Liberty instead of the fancy dress shop.

Well done on your idea. I think you deserve a free season ticket too.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:20 - Sep 15 with 892 viewsC_jack

Im sure that the people who feel so strongly about this will be keen to chip in for his season ticket for the rest of his life.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:23 - Sep 15 with 891 viewsJackfath

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 15:11 - Sep 15 by Charsean

You should set up a poll on here.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:24 - Sep 15 with 885 viewsScoobyWho

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:20 - Sep 15 by Jackfath

I like your idea of fancy dress goal chipping. We could have a poll on here weekly to see what he should wear. It would be like Mr Ben but at the Liberty instead of the fancy dress shop.

Well done on your idea. I think you deserve a free season ticket too.

Well, I still work shifts and as I already own one with my lad it would probably go spare.
I work see.
I tell you what, shall I give it to James Thomas ?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:26 - Sep 15 with 879 viewsJackfath

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:24 - Sep 15 by ScoobyWho

Well, I still work shifts and as I already own one with my lad it would probably go spare.
I work see.

Tricky one. Ask if you can have vouchers to the value of the ST in the club shop instead.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 18:27 - Sep 15 with 815 viewsjacksinceever

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:24 - Sep 15 by ScoobyWho

I work see.

You can't give it away as you don't own it. Just 'cause you paid for it means nothing - it's non-transferable. God forbid you should want to do a charitable act like offer a chance to see a game as a prize in a charity draw (I did and was told it's non-transferable so there!)
Anyway how dare you work on days when Swans are home? Depriving those more worthy of a chance of attending any games you can't get to.
There must be a rule against that on the SCFC statute somewhere
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024