Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes 3rd Test - Edgbaston 15:16 - Jul 21 with 2598 viewsBrierls

England squad announced. Out goes Ballance, in comes Bairstow.

I think I agree with that. I'd guess it means Bell up to 3 (on this home ground), Root in at 4, and Bairstow coming in at 5.
Ashes 3rd Test - Edgbaston on 15:52 - Jul 21 with 2549 viewslurker

Disagree. IMO you either stick with all of the top order in a show of confidence or you replace both Lyth and Balance.

In other news, I see KP has been tweeting his support for England's top order from his sun lounger in Miami.
Ashes 3rd Test - Edgbaston on 09:02 - Jul 22 with 2420 viewsNigeriamark

I think Bell is very lucky that it is at his home ground or it could have been him.

My view is that they should pick a squad of 15 - 17 for a 5 match series and then pick within that on a match by match basis. Every player in advance ( especially bowlers) should know that they could miss a game or 2 depending on what type of pitch is there. I am sure 8 or 9 players would probably play every game but being dropped for 1 in favour of home knowledge or a specific bowling surface should not be seen as a negative
Ashes 3rd Test - Edgbaston on 09:08 - Jul 22 with 2411 viewsTalkingSutty

Ashes 3rd Test - Edgbaston on 09:02 - Jul 22 by Nigeriamark

I think Bell is very lucky that it is at his home ground or it could have been him.

My view is that they should pick a squad of 15 - 17 for a 5 match series and then pick within that on a match by match basis. Every player in advance ( especially bowlers) should know that they could miss a game or 2 depending on what type of pitch is there. I am sure 8 or 9 players would probably play every game but being dropped for 1 in favour of home knowledge or a specific bowling surface should not be seen as a negative

Great post NM, it makes perfect sense bearing in mind how quickly the weather changes in this country. The weather conditions obviously dictate selection from a bowling point of view and naming a limited pool of players a week before the start of the Test Match restricts your options.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2015 9:10]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024