Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rochdale v Chesterfield 15:38 - Jan 9 with 11338 viewsjokerthief

Oh no... 0=1 sounds like we are getting hammered
Taken Rose off...Kennedy on.
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 15:45 - Jan 9 with 7131 viewssandy_dale

Another absolutely horrendous performance.
Rochdale v Chesterfield (n/t) on 15:47 - Jan 9 with 7115 viewsDale23years

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 15:45 - Jan 9 by sandy_dale

[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 15:48]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 15:54 - Jan 9 with 7040 viewsDomDale

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 15:45 - Jan 9 by sandy_dale

Until they scored we were well on top IMO.
However their diasslowed goal near to HT was embarrassing. Seemed to happen in slow mo and they were queuing up to take it. Will take a point now.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:01 - Jan 9 with 6962 viewsbatfink

Let's hope Jamie Allen steps up in second half as Imo he's been non existent so far
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:01 - Jan 9 with 6959 viewsMancDale

Remember when Will Buckley used to embarrass opposition defenders every week? That's exactly what their right winger is doing to us. No lack of effort from us but Chesterfield been too good so far. Still reckon we might get something out of this though.
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:05 - Jan 9 with 6925 viewsDaley_Lama

Aribiyi is running us rotten and 1-0 down flatters us.

Equally, Morsy in midfield is as good as ever for them.

Nothing to lose second half, i expect there to be more goals but not sure who for!

Poll: DF in or out

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:16 - Jan 9 with 6864 viewssandy_dale

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 15:54 - Jan 9 by DomDale

Until they scored we were well on top IMO.
However their diasslowed goal near to HT was embarrassing. Seemed to happen in slow mo and they were queuing up to take it. Will take a point now.

I wouldn't say booting the ball into space where nobody is stood and misplacing easy passes is being on top.
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:20 - Jan 9 with 6846 viewssandy_dale

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:16 - Jan 9 by sandy_dale

I wouldn't say booting the ball into space where nobody is stood and misplacing easy passes is being on top.

Although that cross was absolute perfect.
Login to get fewer ads

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:21 - Jan 9 with 6828 viewsjokerthief

Its 1-1 Henderson..
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:41 - Jan 9 with 6713 viewssandy_dale

Very DECENT defending on show.
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:43 - Jan 9 with 6690 viewsDale23years

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:41 - Jan 9 by sandy_dale

Very DECENT defending on show.

3.1 poor defending for all 3/4 goals

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:44 - Jan 9 with 6664 viewsJimmyRustler

McNulty been on the keg all week or what?
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:24 - Jan 9 with 6371 viewsTalkingSutty

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:44 - Jan 9 by JimmyRustler

McNulty been on the keg all week or what?

Disjointed.
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:26 - Jan 9 with 6327 viewsJimmyRustler

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:24 - Jan 9 by TalkingSutty

Disjointed.

More like disaronno and coke!
Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:31 - Jan 9 with 6269 viewsDaley_Lama

Well played Chesterfield, best team won.

Non stop attacking mentality, great outlet on the wing who stupidly dived twice and got himself sent off.

Poll: DF in or out

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:31 - Jan 9 with 6267 viewsdingdangblue

Chesterfield were very good - we battled but not much came off today. Was sure their 2nd was offside ( the player practically stood on the line when he scored but will have to see highlights) . 2 definite dives for their lad sent off - he was too good for both Rose and Kennedy so trying to con the ref was daft.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:33 - Jan 9 with 6235 views442Dale

Defensively we were poor all day, looked too exposed at times with one pass put wide causing us problems too often. This was illustrated best for their second. Henderson's chance at 1-1 was a big one but we have to accept the will be some games like this.

Thought Andrew played the targetman role well again and Lund had another decent game. Credit to Chesterfield and Wilson who appears to have abandoned his usual dour tactics and looked to hit teams with pace, we couldn't cope with Ariyibi at all.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:48 - Jan 9 with 6073 views442Dale

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:31 - Jan 9 by dingdangblue

Chesterfield were very good - we battled but not much came off today. Was sure their 2nd was offside ( the player practically stood on the line when he scored but will have to see highlights) . 2 definite dives for their lad sent off - he was too good for both Rose and Kennedy so trying to con the ref was daft.

Goals have been on SSN, definitely onside for their second. For the disallowed goal Novak is right in front of Lillis, you don't often see them given though.

One other note re the officials: they were applauded off by the main stand at half time. The same stand that goes mad at a ref leaving the pitch when they've given a decision against us.

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:50 - Jan 9 with 6051 viewsDomDale

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 16:16 - Jan 9 by sandy_dale

They weren't doing any better with their efforts. First 25 mins they hardly had a sniff of the ball.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:50 - Jan 9 with 6046 viewsD_Alien

Not too disappointed with that, and an entertaining game. Chesterfield deserved the three points and 0-2 at half time wouldn't have flattered them. Ariyibi's wiki profile suggests he's not done much so far but by Christ he was far too good for us today. Rose's limitations as a fullback well and truly exposed and rightly taken off before he got sent off. TK fared a bit better although by then we'd doubled up on the lad with Lund getting involved and having another all round good game.

At 1-1 it could've gone either way but we shot ourselves in the foot, twice. After a superb block when it seemed a certain goal, then a surging run upfield to create the chance for Hendo, Cannon got beaten on his inside again for their second and the third was, well... unspeakable. McNulty made a big show at the end to applaud the fans, as if to say sorry for his blunder.

After all that, we could've snatched a point in the end. Their sending off, at 1-3, just about the most senseless I've seen and we pressed but couldn't quite claw our way back. But at least the result was in doubt till the final whistle and I've no complaints. The difference was Ariyibi and if he performs like that every week we'll be hearing a lot more about him.

Crewe will be another day and hopefully a very different one.

Edit: a note about Boyeson. Thought he did just fine. The TDS was singing "you don't know what you're doing" as he went off at half time but the right decisions were made in the end, which suggests he did know what he was doing. Can't fault any of his decisions and it takes guts to disallow a goal after the celebrations have ended. Oh, and there was an altercation as the teams came out for the second half, anyone see what happened?

[Post edited 9 Jan 2016 18:10]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 18:00 - Jan 9 with 5957 views442Dale

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:50 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

Not too disappointed with that, and an entertaining game. Chesterfield deserved the three points and 0-2 at half time wouldn't have flattered them. Ariyibi's wiki profile suggests he's not done much so far but by Christ he was far too good for us today. Rose's limitations as a fullback well and truly exposed and rightly taken off before he got sent off. TK fared a bit better although by then we'd doubled up on the lad with Lund getting involved and having another all round good game.

At 1-1 it could've gone either way but we shot ourselves in the foot, twice. After a superb block when it seemed a certain goal, then a surging run upfield to create the chance for Hendo, Cannon got beaten on his inside again for their second and the third was, well... unspeakable. McNulty made a big show at the end to applaud the fans, as if to say sorry for his blunder.

After all that, we could've snatched a point in the end. Their sending off, at 1-3, just about the most senseless I've seen and we pressed but couldn't quite claw our way back. But at least the result was in doubt till the final whistle and I've no complaints. The difference was Ariyibi and if he performs like that every week we'll be hearing a lot more about him.

Edit: a note about Boyeson. Thought he did just fine. The TDS was singing "you don't know what you're doing" as he went off at half time but the right decisions were made in the end, which suggests he did know what he was doing. Can't fault any of his decisions and it takes guts to disallow a goal after the celebrations have ended. Oh, and there was an altercation as the teams came out for the second half, anyone see what happened?

It's Fleetwood next week although the tannoy did say Crewe at full time.

Interesting to hear at half time on the tannoy there will be half term promotions for the Crewe game in February, good stuff.

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 18:03 - Jan 9 with 5920 viewsD_Alien

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 18:00 - Jan 9 by 442Dale

It's Fleetwood next week although the tannoy did say Crewe at full time.

Interesting to hear at half time on the tannoy there will be half term promotions for the Crewe game in February, good stuff.

Aye, but Crewe will be another day too...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 18:27 - Jan 9 with 5749 views1mark1

Disappointing result, and disappointed with the defending for their goals.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 18:56 - Jan 9 with 5588 viewsTVOS1907

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 18:03 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

Aye, but Crewe will be another day too...

It will actually be two other days.

Or a day and a night.

Or summat!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 19:36 - Jan 9 with 5376 viewsrobbowood

Rochdale v Chesterfield on 17:50 - Jan 9 by D_Alien

Can't argue with any of that - you make your own luck but we didn't seem to have the run of a 50/50 ball at times

A strange game. We started off well in the first ten minutes but for the rest of the half it was all Chesterfield. The first half possession was 68% to them and 32% to us which speaks for itself and though Josh didn't make a save they could have easily been 2 or 3 up at half time

They could have scored in the first minute of second half but after we equalised we could, with a bit of luck, have been 2-1 or 3-1 up but then in the blink of an eye it was 3-1 to them. Ariyibi (no 28 I think) was superb and the left side of our defence was run ragged by him. Whether he plays like this every week I wouldn't know but if he does he should be playing at a higher level

I think we missed Camps in midfield as he and Lund he been linking up well since Lund came back. I am Jamie Allen's no 1 fan but I don't think he is match fit and he didn't seem to contibute much from what I saw from the Sandy. He seems to be playing far too deep and passing sideways and backwads and not getting forward to producve defence splitting passes

Still we scored two and it's not the end of the world. Most of us would have settled for 3 points out of six from Walsall away and Chesterfield at home. It's a funny old game
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024