Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Play-offs 08:35 - Feb 24 with 8146 viewsLuke8686

A little premature maybe but if we win 8, draw 4 and lose 2 of our remaining games it would put us on 70 pts and surely in with a shout of a play-off spot.

Not out of all realms of possibility and it's about time we put a bit of a run together, particularly now Hilly has settled on a competent back four and we have the legend back!
Play-offs on 09:03 - Feb 24 with 5819 viewsDomDale

I can't see that myself but I'd be more than happy with a top half finish and to be above our nearest and dearest Bury and Oldham.

KHBA
Poll: Preferred next Tory Leader / PM

Play-offs on 09:06 - Feb 24 with 5813 viewsdingdangblue

The most important thing is getting these 8 points (50 total) as quickly as possible. The sooner that happens the better for everyone. We seem to have been stuck in the 30's for months before last night! Our first ever win or indeed a point v Sheffield United is the next priority.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Play-offs on 09:06 - Feb 24 with 5812 viewsfitzochris

While I’ll never dampen the spirit of ambition, I’ll be content if we simply manage to pull clear enough of the bottom four by the season’s end.

Having heard from people at the game last night, and listened to Hill’s post-match interview, it sounds like we were lucky to hold on for the win. What a cliché merchant would call a Jekyll and Hyde performance, by the sounds of it.

To challenge for the play-offs would require a herculean effort at this stage and an equal god-like transformation of performances.

I’m happy to go game by game, point by point now we’ve beaten Fleetwood. That result has given us the kind of breathing space we needed for the next few games.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 9:10]

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Play-offs on 09:12 - Feb 24 with 5789 viewsJimmyRustler

Kin hell...and we call Bury et al for jumping the fun.

I'm all for quiet optimism but by all rights, we shouldn't have won last night and even after doing so, it's our second win in 8 (I think?) and that's hardly sparkling form.

We still have more chance of finishing closer to the relegation zone than the playoff spots with some very tough fixtures coming up.
Play-offs on 09:14 - Feb 24 with 5783 viewsdingdangblue

Play-offs on 09:06 - Feb 24 by fitzochris

While I’ll never dampen the spirit of ambition, I’ll be content if we simply manage to pull clear enough of the bottom four by the season’s end.

Having heard from people at the game last night, and listened to Hill’s post-match interview, it sounds like we were lucky to hold on for the win. What a cliché merchant would call a Jekyll and Hyde performance, by the sounds of it.

To challenge for the play-offs would require a herculean effort at this stage and an equal god-like transformation of performances.

I’m happy to go game by game, point by point now we’ve beaten Fleetwood. That result has given us the kind of breathing space we needed for the next few games.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 9:10]

Fleetwood spent around half of the game keeping possession on the edge of their own box. I'm all for passing and keeping the ball but it must be frustrating to watch for their own fans - especially in a game they needed to equalise .

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Play-offs on 09:42 - Feb 24 with 5731 viewsD_Alien

Play-offs on 09:14 - Feb 24 by dingdangblue

Fleetwood spent around half of the game keeping possession on the edge of their own box. I'm all for passing and keeping the ball but it must be frustrating to watch for their own fans - especially in a game they needed to equalise .

Someone must've looked at Hilly's erstwhile tactics and thought "Rochdale are doing ok, we'll try that"

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Play-offs on 09:53 - Feb 24 with 5686 viewsSandyman

Play-offs on 09:14 - Feb 24 by dingdangblue

Very Van Gaal
Play-offs on 09:53 - Feb 24 with 5684 viewsnordenblue

Play-offs on 09:12 - Feb 24 by JimmyRustler

I'm all for quiet optimism but by all rights, we shouldn't have won last night and even after doing so, it's our second win in 8 (I think?) and that's hardly sparkling form.

We still have more chance of finishing closer to the relegation zone than the playoff spots with some very tough fixtures coming up.

We fully deserved to win last night,the closing down,defending and work rate all over the pitch warranted the 3 points.
Login to get fewer ads

Play-offs on 10:01 - Feb 24 with 5663 viewsKenBoon

Need more than 50 points to stay up
Play-offs on 10:11 - Feb 24 with 5634 viewsrafc1984

Play-offs on 10:01 - Feb 24 by KenBoon

Agree, think we will need 10 maybe 11 points yet to be absolutely safe.
Play-offs on 10:54 - Feb 24 with 5573 viewsJimmyRustler

Play-offs on 09:53 - Feb 24 by nordenblue

We fully deserved to win last night,the closing down,defending and work rate all over the pitch warranted the 3 points.

On chances created alone (and missed), they should have got a point.

9 times out 10 you don't win games like that. Despite the fact that we defended OK, we were very fortunate not to concede AT LEAST one.
Play-offs on 10:57 - Feb 24 with 5564 viewsdingdangblue

Should be enough going off last 10 seasons stats.

Play-offs on 12:09 - Feb 24 with 5456 viewsrobbowood

50 points meant relegation last season
Play-offs on 12:44 - Feb 24 with 5355 viewsfrenzied

We will need 55 to stay up...play offs?..nowhere near good enough...unfortunately
Play-offs on 12:46 - Feb 24 with 5347 viewsfirgrovedale51

Play-offs on 10:54 - Feb 24 by JimmyRustler

9 times out 10 you don't win games like that. Despite the fact that we defended OK, we were very fortunate not to concede AT LEAST one.

We were very unfortunate not to score more ourselves
It was a battle last night and a scrappy one at that but we did what we needed to do to win the battle.
Fleetwood are no mugs and we had a lot of plusses our there last night .
Play-offs on 12:49 - Feb 24 with 5326 viewsdingdangblue

Play-offs on 12:09 - Feb 24 by robbowood

50 points meant relegation last season

Yes 50 points went down last season but it is rare. Our goal diff at this moment is the best down in the bottom half also which is a bonus.
After 32 games we have 42 points - no one has been relegated with that many points at that stage. Last 10 seasons the final relegation placed team (21st) at this stage had:
14/15 Notts Co 32 games 38 points
13/14 Tranmere 35 points
12/13 Scunthorpe 35 points
11/12 Wycombe 26 points
10/11 Dagenham 35 points
09/10 Gillingham 33 points
08/09 Northampton 37 points
07/08 Bournemouth 22 points
06/07 Chesterfield 38 points
05/06 Hartlepool 37 points

Last nights win was massive.

Play-offs on 13:01 - Feb 24 with 5296 viewschaff_in_eb

Also, if you look at our record throughout the Season, played 32, Won 11, Drawn 9 Lost 12. If we continue to pick up the points at the similar rate then our record will likely look something similar to this. Played 46, W 15, D 14, L17 which will give us around 59 points. We don't have to do anything spectacular to survive, just keep picking up points at the same sort of rate that we have been doing this season.
Play-offs on 13:06 - Feb 24 with 5270 viewsD_Alien

A top half finish would be just fine. It'd mean we'd be clearing any threat of being dragged into the relegation zone quite comfortably and would maintain Hilly's record of having never finished in the bottom half of the table, even when he's not had a full season to go at.

Other than that, finishing above Bury would be good. Why on earth we treated them with such respect in the cup tie I've no idea. I'm hoping Hill's learnt a few lessons this season; he seems to be doing, so credit to him.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Play-offs on 13:43 - Feb 24 with 5198 viewsnordenblue

You can't say we only defended OK when also saying they had so many chances to score,surely some of them non converted chances are down to GOOD defending?

Dress it up how you like and I've been a big critic about tactics,personel etc but last night the team selected if not my first choice was absolutely spot on and played on the front foot when allowed to and FULLY deserved to win.

Both my least favourite players Josh and Bunney fully justified their inclusion I hate to admit
Play-offs on 14:39 - Feb 24 with 5119 views1mark1

Play-offs on 09:12 - Feb 24 by JimmyRustler

I agree. Don't think we will end up challenging for play-offs.
Very sorry but I marked you down, did not mean to.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 15:11]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Play-offs on 14:44 - Feb 24 with 5103 views1mark1

Play-offs on 13:06 - Feb 24 by D_Alien

A top half finish would be just fine. It'd mean we'd be clearing any threat of being dragged into the relegation zone quite comfortably and would maintain Hilly's record of having never finished in the bottom half of the table, even when he's not had a full season to go at.

Other than that, finishing above Bury would be good. Why on earth we treated them with such respect in the cup tie I've no idea. I'm hoping Hill's learnt a few lessons this season; he seems to be doing, so credit to him.

Absolutely agree with what you say about bury.

Play-offs on 14:55 - Feb 24 with 5081 viewsroccydaleian

We had some "tough" fixtures against Walsall and Burton. Last night we deserved to win imo. How about saying something positive for a change.
Play-offs on 14:59 - Feb 24 with 5071 viewsroccydaleian

Play-offs on 14:39 - Feb 24 by 1mark1

I agree. Don't think we will end up challenging for play-offs.
Very sorry but I marked you down, did not mean to.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 15:11]

How can you agree with someone when you didn't see it yourself? Bet he wasn't there either.
Play-offs on 15:00 - Feb 24 with 5061 viewsdingdangblue

Play-offs on 09:06 - Feb 24 by dingdangblue

The most important thing is getting these 8 points (50 total) as quickly as possible. The sooner that happens the better for everyone. We seem to have been stuck in the 30's for months before last night! Our first ever win or indeed a point v Sheffield United is the next priority.

Breaking the season up into 10 point sections:

0-10 points 5 games
11-20 points 10 games
21-30 points 7 games
31-40 points 10 games

If we continue our good spell/bad spell pattern we should be ok. 50 points should come in the next 5-7 games

Play-offs on 15:10 - Feb 24 with 5039 views1mark1

Play-offs on 14:59 - Feb 24 by roccydaleian

How can you agree with someone when you didn't see it yourself? Bet he wasn't there either.

I was agreeing with the general point made about not likely to be play off contenders, etc. There is plenty of antedotel evidence from those who witnessed the win, to suggest we might easily have not won the match, if I HAD actually passed judgement on the performance, which I didn't, or indeed haven't!

. People who haven't attended a match can get plenty of information regarding how a match has gone, so can pass some judgement if they so wish! However more often than not I will say "good win" or "bad loss" rather than saying it was a good or bad performance. I have not passed any judgement on last night's performance.

And how would YOU know if an individual poster had been there or not? Have you got trackers on all of us who often don't agree with you? 😀
[Post edited 24 Feb 2016 15:19]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024