Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement: Season Tickets 09:49 - Apr 21 with 29301 viewsDale_Trust

Yesterday The Trust contacted the club both via telephone and by submitting a letter following an unprecedented level of communication from both members and supporters to the announcement of the season ticket prices for the 2016-17 season. A copy of that letter is published here. >>>

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/04/trust-statement-season-tickets/
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:06 - Apr 21 with 11167 viewsLuke8686

Any response from the club yet?

I've seen very little on social media advertising the season tickets since it was first announced, could mean that the prices are under review again
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:17 - Apr 21 with 11129 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

A well written piece by The Trust.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:10 - Apr 21 with 11050 viewsdingdangblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:06 - Apr 21 by Luke8686

I've seen very little on social media advertising the season tickets since it was first announced, could mean that the prices are under review again

If they want to sell any you would think they will be reviewing it!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 07:09 - Apr 22 with 10608 viewsThe_DJ

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:10 - Apr 21 by dingdangblue

If they want to sell any you would think they will be reviewing it!

I hope the club do consider the points made by the Trust and have the courage to revisit the pricing structure.
I'm fairly sure that nearly all clubs in the lower divisions have an early bird period in which supporters get a good deal and the clubs get cash into the pot to pay summer wages when no games are taking place.

Putting this mess right would not be a sign of weakness on the clubs part, but strength in the fact that customers had been listened to and common sense has prevailed.

An attempt to attract a younger fanbase is a necessary step by the club who have clearly done the right research into who buys Season Tickets currently.
Securing new fans will be achieved by evolution rather than revolution.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 07:58 - Apr 22 with 10543 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 07:09 - Apr 22 by The_DJ

I hope the club do consider the points made by the Trust and have the courage to revisit the pricing structure.
I'm fairly sure that nearly all clubs in the lower divisions have an early bird period in which supporters get a good deal and the clubs get cash into the pot to pay summer wages when no games are taking place.

Putting this mess right would not be a sign of weakness on the clubs part, but strength in the fact that customers had been listened to and common sense has prevailed.

An attempt to attract a younger fanbase is a necessary step by the club who have clearly done the right research into who buys Season Tickets currently.
Securing new fans will be achieved by evolution rather than revolution.

It would be an acknowledgement that they are wrong though,rather than a sign of weakness. The Customers opinions aren't even welcomed never mind listened to. Not consulting the Supporters can't be an oversight because we have the Chief Executive of the Football Club sitting on the Trust Board. Is he sitting in that role to represent the Supporters or the Football Club?

It just smacks of taking the Supporters for granted and actually reveals a large degree of arrogance, it's easy to act that way when everything's rosy in the garden. There was a time when they would have snapped your hand off for Season Ticket Money, the Club wouldn't have survived the Summer without it, hence the early bird offer. Short memories.

If this is the sort of relationship the Club wants with its small band of supporters ( us and them) then let them go down that route, i won't be hanging around though. The Supporters Trust raise money left right and centre for the Club and obviously the money is always gratefully received, yet the Club don't see them as worthy of being consulted when it comes to setting Season Ticket prices? That's putting two fingers up to the fans in my book and a snub to those who who share the same Trust table as Colin Garlick.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2016 8:10]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:11 - Apr 22 with 10173 viewsMoonyDale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 07:58 - Apr 22 by TalkingSutty

It would be an acknowledgement that they are wrong though,rather than a sign of weakness. The Customers opinions aren't even welcomed never mind listened to. Not consulting the Supporters can't be an oversight because we have the Chief Executive of the Football Club sitting on the Trust Board. Is he sitting in that role to represent the Supporters or the Football Club?

It just smacks of taking the Supporters for granted and actually reveals a large degree of arrogance, it's easy to act that way when everything's rosy in the garden. There was a time when they would have snapped your hand off for Season Ticket Money, the Club wouldn't have survived the Summer without it, hence the early bird offer. Short memories.

If this is the sort of relationship the Club wants with its small band of supporters ( us and them) then let them go down that route, i won't be hanging around though. The Supporters Trust raise money left right and centre for the Club and obviously the money is always gratefully received, yet the Club don't see them as worthy of being consulted when it comes to setting Season Ticket prices? That's putting two fingers up to the fans in my book and a snub to those who who share the same Trust table as Colin Garlick.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2016 8:10]

Us and them indeed, they don't listen and never will..I just hope those who said they would not buy a season ticket stick to their principles and don't do a u turn.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:31 - Apr 22 with 9993 viewspedrodale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:06 - Apr 21 by Luke8686

Could be wrong but I don't think the prices will be reviewed until they have been on sale at least a week or more just to test the waters. Gold bond leaflet still advertises

11 and under free
12 - 16 years £89
Adults from £314.50
65+ from £222

I always feel embarrassed when anyone asks how much a season ticket is at Spotland
and usualy reply £40 / £50 cheaper than it actualy is
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:40 - Apr 22 with 9954 viewsLuke8686

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:31 - Apr 22 by pedrodale

Could be wrong but I don't think the prices will be reviewed until they have been on sale at least a week or more just to test the waters. Gold bond leaflet still advertises

11 and under free
12 - 16 years £89
Adults from £314.50
65+ from £222

I always feel embarrassed when anyone asks how much a season ticket is at Spotland

Surely it would make sense to review the prices before they go on sale so no-one ends up over paying!?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2016 20:41]
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:47 - Apr 22 with 9905 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:40 - Apr 22 by Luke8686

Surely it would make sense to review the prices before they go on sale so no-one ends up over paying!?
[Post edited 22 Apr 2016 20:41]

Which is why there has to be a comment at some stage this weekend. If oly so we all know where we stand.

The time was tight from the Trust contacting the club and them going on sale, so maybe there will be something over the weekend when it'd usually happen on a weekday.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:11 - Apr 22 with 9828 viewspedrodale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:47 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

Which is why there has to be a comment at some stage this weekend. If oly so we all know where we stand.

The time was tight from the Trust contacting the club and them going on sale, so maybe there will be something over the weekend when it'd usually happen on a weekday.

Yes I agree with you 442 and there was only a short time period for the Trust to contact the club but I still think the club will sit it out and IF they concede will give a refund.

Did you see the interview with David Bottomly on Dale player complete with Team Rochdale flag in the background
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:12 - Apr 22 with 9820 viewsdingdangblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:47 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

Maybe they are waiting till after the Port Vale result?

#championshipseasonticket

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:26 - Apr 22 with 9789 viewsTVOS1907

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:31 - Apr 22 by pedrodale

11 and under free
12 - 16 years £89
Adults from £314.50
65+ from £222

The Goldbond sheets were printed last Saturday.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:40 - Apr 22 with 9753 viewsLuke8686

Been in touch with Colin and he's said he has responded to the Trust and there will be an announcement regarding this tomorrow. Judging by his e-mail though I don't think it's anything to get too excited about.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:41 - Apr 22 with 9746 viewspedrodale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:26 - Apr 22 by TVOS1907

The Goldbond sheets were printed last Saturday.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:59 - Apr 22 with 9675 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:40 - Apr 22 by Luke8686

Been in touch with Colin and he's said he has responded to the Trust and there will be an announcement regarding this tomorrow. Judging by his e-mail though I don't think it's anything to get too excited about.

He has responded to the Trust or the club has?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 22:07 - Apr 22 with 9651 viewsLuke8686

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:59 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

He has responded to the Trust or the club has?

He has
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:15 - Apr 23 with 9312 viewsSandyman

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/04/3638/
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:17 - Apr 23 with 9292 viewsColDale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:15 - Apr 23 by Sandyman

You beat me to it (I blame RDI for making me reply to his post first)
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:25 - Apr 23 with 9269 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:15 - Apr 23 by Sandyman

Honestly don't know where to start with that. They had a real opportunity to illustrate they're in touch with how their loyal supporters feel.

The explanation of the admin fees for u11s does it for me. That's two more season ticket holders gone now. I'll now go and explain to my lad why, for the first time ever, he won't be having one.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:30 - Apr 23 with 9248 viewsjudd

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:25 - Apr 23 by 442Dale

Honestly don't know where to start with that. They had a real opportunity to illustrate they're in touch with how their loyal supporters feel.

The explanation of the admin fees for u11s does it for me. That's two more season ticket holders gone now. I'll now go and explain to my lad why, for the first time ever, he won't be having one.

That's a real shame.

Ever thought of doing Goldbond round? Adult season tickets are £30 for any home stand.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:41 - Apr 23 with 9212 viewsLuke8686

"We have had to state that free of charge season tickets are subject to availability, as you will appreciate the stadium has a limited capacity and we have to operate within that capacity."

He really has lost the plot if he thinks we're gonna get anywhere close to reaching that capacity
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:44 - Apr 23 with 9197 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:30 - Apr 23 by judd

That's a real shame.

Ever thought of doing Goldbond round? Adult season tickets are £30 for any home stand.

It's really not about the price for me. Maybe I was expecting too much, but by all accounts the Trust received an unprecedented response from supporters, it's staggering that we appear to be carrying on regardless.

And no, I haven't. But it's a great idea for anyone else who might want to take advantage of it. To be honest, the club has had more than enough of my time and assistance over the years. Today it makes you wonder why we bother at times. Yet, we still will.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:47 - Apr 23 with 9184 views442Dale

Why even mention there being a limit to u11 tickets with regards to capacity? If that's the case why isn't the same disclaimer attached to all types of ticket?

Again, as the admin cost is there for u11s, why isn't it there for all others too if only to process the application, cover the cost of the actual season ticket book and contribute to the ongoing costs of our ticketing system, which is on a 5 year agreement with ongoing updates and support?

Edit: reply to Luke8686868686.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2016 10:48]

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:51 - Apr 23 with 9164 viewsTVOS1907

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:47 - Apr 23 by 442Dale

Why even mention there being a limit to u11 tickets with regards to capacity? If that's the case why isn't the same disclaimer attached to all types of ticket?

Again, as the admin cost is there for u11s, why isn't it there for all others too if only to process the application, cover the cost of the actual season ticket book and contribute to the ongoing costs of our ticketing system, which is on a 5 year agreement with ongoing updates and support?

Edit: reply to Luke8686868686.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2016 10:48]

If under-11s had been advertised as "Watch Dale for less than 50p per game" nobody would have batted an eyelid.

Why say it's free when it isn't?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:58 - Apr 23 with 9139 viewsLuke8686

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:51 - Apr 23 by TVOS1907

If under-11s had been advertised as "Watch Dale for less than 50p per game" nobody would have batted an eyelid.

Why say it's free when it isn't?

Or even just stating that it's only £10 for a full season sounds better than just lying

The poster is a joke and the wording needs to be changed

Although probably a bit late now it's already done damage
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024