Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement: Season Tickets 09:49 - Apr 21 with 29300 viewsDale_Trust

Yesterday The Trust contacted the club both via telephone and by submitting a letter following an unprecedented level of communication from both members and supporters to the announcement of the season ticket prices for the 2016-17 season. A copy of that letter is published here. >>>

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/04/trust-statement-season-tickets/
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:50 - Apr 23 with 2837 viewsDaleiLama

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:15 - Apr 23 by Sandyman

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/04/3638/

Lip service and window dressing. If they won't listen to the fans, maybe they'll listen to the tills, by which time it will be too late.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:59 - Apr 23 with 2786 viewsSalwaDale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:15 - Apr 23 by roccydaleian

The problem could be though, once that custom is lost, sometimes it can be bloody hard to get it back.

Very true, as someone else said - people find other things to do and they get out of the routine. I hate the fact that price is now an issue in whether you go to football or not. It never used to be like that, and isn't like that in many places around the world.

TBBT

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 16:25 - Apr 23 with 2698 viewspioneer

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 14:53 - Apr 23 by SuddenLad

Get in for free ??

These Directors have personally put many tens of thousands of pounds into the club, so the insinuation that they are on 'freebies' is a bit unfair and insulting.

However, the club have definitely missed an opportunity here to close the apparent rift that they have created. The effect of not renewing season tickets as a protest is surely counter-productive in terms of reducing the amount of funds the club has available for the summer months.

Does the season ticket money pay for the pre-season trip to Spain ? Is it used to pay for pitch improvements ? Player recruitment ?

I understand exactly how and why we have arrived at this point and the response from the club is disappointing to say the least. However, it would be immensely sad if team development and the managers' plans were to suffer as a result.

In that case, we all lose out and I'm surprised that hasn't dawned on those who can make a difference.

You misunderstod my point, because they do not buy season tickets, or for that matter pay at the gate as supporters they not affected by these decisions.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 16:56 - Apr 23 with 2620 viewsNinco

I note that they said that the prices would not change if we get promoted to the Championship and had that happened, it would have been a reasonable price to pay but now that we are not getting promoted, you would expect them to review the price given the number of fans who are not happy with the situation. Those 2000 fans who buy season tickets are the loyal die hard fans who keep Dale going year in year out and many of them have been following Dale a lot longer than the board have. They should be treated fairer than this. At the end of the day, if we don't get a fair deal, we don't have to pay and where would that leave Dale if we stuck together and didn't pay these prices?

They are potentially asking those loyal fans who usually pay during the early bird period to find an extra 18% in a financial climate where pay increases for most people are around 1% if they are lucky, and those sort of increases are way above the rate of inflation. For many people, paying for the season in full is hard and there has to be some benefit over and above those who pay on the day to make it worthwhile. While it will still be cheaper than paying on the day, the amount you would save is hardly worth shelling out £400 for.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:09 - Apr 23 with 2560 viewsSuddenLad

The stand-out fact, despite all the club 'spin' and counter-claims, is that Dale are charging appreciably more than their rivals at the same level and in some cases, much more than clubs at a higher level.

Whilst the clubs at the top of the pyramid have many more supporters to buy their tickets, we should be offering greater price competition with League One clubs.

If they won't budge (as seems the case) then supporters are stuck with a simple choice.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:17 - Apr 23 with 2530 viewsSandyman

"if any supporter does feel as though they have been misled then we would offer our sincere apologies."

The club has dropped a humongous clanger on this issue by not reminding people of the June 2015 increase, and then telling people that prices had been frozen. When looking at their current season tickets, many saw otherwise and responded accordingly. This is a costly mistake as numerous fans have declared already that they are not renewing and reducing their attendance levels accordingly. Or even spending their season ticket money on a composite door. Those with younger fans in tow seem even more fed up. This was communicated by Dale Trust and we've got an apology (fair enough)but the club still haven't acknowledged or attempted to rectify a huge mistake that could take years to recover from, if at all.

That other clubs nearby want to entice potential fans with better season ticket deals than ours shows they have more initiative than Dale. Given the excellent forward progress at Spotland on and off the pitch (this matter apart) in recent years, the RAFC train is one I don't want to leave, even though the thoughtlessness of the guards has caused havoc and they've needlessly thrown people off due to being clumsy. Those passengers are precisely the ones RAFC can least afford to lose. Last year I got my season ticket on they first day they were on sale. I'll probably* end up getting one with £25 off before the SPP period ends but not really made my mind up yet. We'll see. Others won't bother at all.

Was an own goal last Monday. It still is.

(*Could forget the date SPP ends and not bother or CBA. Subject to administration fee.)
[Post edited 23 Apr 2016 17:18]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:23 - Apr 23 with 2503 viewsRAFCBLUE

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:15 - Apr 23 by Sandyman

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/04/3638/

I read that and thought to myself "Have the buryfc PR team drafted this?"

Genuinely woeful PR. It screams contempt at the loyal supporters who watched this club when we really were sh1t, alienates those who could just about afford to come this year despite personal challenges and redefines what they actually meant by "significant". Oh and everyone got a "double discount" who renewed last year.

All fans can do now is vote with their feet next season and I expect many to.

I expect a "significant" drop in home attendance next year as many pick and choose games.

It would be good if all non-renewing season ticket holders did join the Dale Trust.

A situation where there were multiple more Dale Trust members that season ticket holders would send an interesting PR message back to the club.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:33 - Apr 23 with 2473 views442Dale

Another day since the original story on the OS promoting Season Tickets for next season and another day without it being reposted or any follow up promotion on their website. Or have I missed something somewhere?

All those words this morning, where's the action?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 18:41 - Apr 23 with 2315 viewsBartRowou

Compromise for the club:

1. Admit you've taken on board the strength of feeling.
2. Make home pre-season friendlies (at least 3) free of charge for anyone who buys a season ticket before a certain date.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 19:39 - Apr 23 with 2231 viewsKenBoon

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:09 - Apr 23 by SuddenLad

The stand-out fact, despite all the club 'spin' and counter-claims, is that Dale are charging appreciably more than their rivals at the same level and in some cases, much more than clubs at a higher level.

Whilst the clubs at the top of the pyramid have many more supporters to buy their tickets, we should be offering greater price competition with League One clubs.

If they won't budge (as seems the case) then supporters are stuck with a simple choice.

Ignoring all the spin and shite it's this FACT that gets me the most. You cannot be so much more expensive than your local competition and expect to grow. Offering kids season tickets for a Rochdale Free is the most risk free and lazy way to try and grow. If it doesn't work then you've made a bit more on the under 7s and lost a bit on the 7-11s. It's lazy and simply won't work.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 19:59 - Apr 23 with 2176 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:02 - Apr 23 by lyberoc

As stated on other threads I will definitely not be renewing, had I been one of those wavering as to renew or not, the club,s response would have pushed me deep into the not renewing camp. It,s not just the price rise/freeze , it,s about the lack of initiative in trying to entice new supporters, it,s all well and good offering "freebies" to kids, but they don,t have any cash to spend. It,s the young adults they need to be looking at and pricing season tickets according to that demograph

My feelings exactly.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:08 - Apr 23 with 2145 viewsRAFCBLUE

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 18:41 - Apr 23 by BartRowou

Compromise for the club:

1. Admit you've taken on board the strength of feeling.
2. Make home pre-season friendlies (at least 3) free of charge for anyone who buys a season ticket before a certain date.

What's the point? The damage is done and three home friendlies don't attract crowds. When was the last time we had a proper high profile home friendly?

Everton? Even they played half a real side. No Premier League side does friendlies now; overseas tours are far more lucrative.

Let's see how many people renew. I don't think attendances in pre-season games are meaningful. I stopped doing them five years ago.

Let's then see what the first five games look like attendance wise. Like most things it will be only in October when the damage/benefit can be assessed.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:08 - Apr 23 with 2142 viewsnordenblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 19:59 - Apr 23 by TalkingSutty

My feelings exactly.

Can't understand how/why they haven't really taken any notice whatsoever of the numerous emails/posts from so many genuine fans.

I was never buying one to start with as its simply not worth it to me,but if there was any doubt how much the club values you,the answers now glaringly obvious at least.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:17 - Apr 23 with 2126 viewsfirgrovedale51

Everyone to his own but I will be supporting The Dale I will renew
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:21 - Apr 23 with 2097 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:17 - Apr 23 by firgrovedale51

Everyone to his own but I will be supporting The Dale I will renew

Think most who don't renew will still be there supporting the team.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:30 - Apr 23 with 2063 viewsRAFCBLUE

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:08 - Apr 23 by nordenblue

Can't understand how/why they haven't really taken any notice whatsoever of the numerous emails/posts from so many genuine fans.

I was never buying one to start with as its simply not worth it to me,but if there was any doubt how much the club values you,the answers now glaringly obvious at least.

The only reason that can be concluded is that it really doesn't matter about the fan.

Next year RAFC gets £600k from the TV deal. We will sell a player, most likely Callum Camps for £1m plus. We already have a healthy bank balance.

The club are then banking on away attendances from Bolton, bury, Oldham, Sheff United, Bradford and possibly the FA Cup. Those away attendances are worth roughly £300k ; the remaining games maybe a further £150k

Home attendances will be what they will be.

1400 season ticket holders? So what if it's 1,100 ? 1,000? 500?

Season ticket revenue isn't big enough to worry next seasons budget makers. Price increases for on the day attendances means the club broadly recoup enough.

That's why those who have season tickets are being farmed. It does leave a bitter taste.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:36 - Apr 23 with 2040 viewsscooby

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:21 - Apr 23 by 442Dale

And this is the key. i wont be renewing, but the games i attend will still see me pay as much.

I'm personally not fussed by the clubs approach or stance, they are a business and run it to make a profit as much as they can. They do this by having a USP, and that is RAFC. Running a business can only be done by taking measured business risks, and they are doing this. These risks will either balance out due to supporters on the day, or they will have to react next year.

The published accounts / profits are for up to Mar 2015, we may be struggling now, who really knows but them. They have made decisions based on the information they have / are privileged to. These decisions are nothing to do with us. They are all successful business people in their own right, they are not clueless.

Some of you need to get over yourselves. You have no input to club, they owe you nothing, you are nothing but a customer for the product they provide. Accept it and then act accordingly, pay or don't. That is the only decision of relevance you have. It's like a supermarket, you either shop there because it's local or provides what you want, if not, you decide to go elsewhere and travel a little more.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:37 - Apr 23 with 2034 viewsroccydaleian

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:30 - Apr 23 by RAFCBLUE

The only reason that can be concluded is that it really doesn't matter about the fan.

Next year RAFC gets £600k from the TV deal. We will sell a player, most likely Callum Camps for £1m plus. We already have a healthy bank balance.

The club are then banking on away attendances from Bolton, bury, Oldham, Sheff United, Bradford and possibly the FA Cup. Those away attendances are worth roughly £300k ; the remaining games maybe a further £150k

Season ticket revenue isn't big enough to worry next seasons budget makers. Price increases for on the day attendances means the club broadly recoup enough.

That's why those who have season tickets are being farmed. It does leave a bitter taste.

A lot of ifs and buts there. IF we sell a player, can't see us getting anywhere near a million. Bradford could possibly go up and possibly be replaced by Accy. Cup matches as you say who knows what'll happen.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:40 - Apr 23 with 2018 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:17 - Apr 23 by SuddenLad

I agree, it's up to them, but unlike most other businesses, these customers won't be taking their money and business elsewhere, just witholding it. They will still be supporting the club so it makes the clubs' rigid stance even more baffling. An own goal if ever there was one.

We surely all want the same thing ? Why does it have to be so difficult to achieve ?

With me, I think it's a realisation that the Club will just keep relying on the same old faithful few to keep digging deep. I think a lot of us have 'dug deep' out of some sort of duty or even sympathy. We've been doing that for bloody years and never really moaned, we just keep putting our hand in our pockets.

When the great news of the Stadium broke, quickly followed up by the announcement of record profits and then a headline grabbing statement regarding upcoming Season Tickets it seemed like the start of a new exciting era. The fans were told to look out for exciting news regarding Season Tickets so I looked at the big picture and thought that the Club were going to be radical and reduce Season Tickets in a big push to get the Towns public to support the team. It was the right time, the 'Perfect Storm'.

Obviously i was very misguided to think along those lines. I actually thought there was a good chance that the Club would try to attract more fans to the Club which would help to alleviate the Financial pressures that the long serving fans have had to burden for decade after decade,but I thought wrong. In fact they went in the complete opposite direction and decided to try to extract even more. At that point I decided to opt out. I don't think they have made a serious attempt to win back or attract new supporters, they haven't had a gamble and tested the waters and now was the time to do it.

I don't want to just spend my money on Football, i have other interests that also need financing so I do have a limit as to how much I am prepared to pay. If i feel as though I'm being taken for granted I'll grab some of my money back which is what i will be doing next season. The fans are treated shabbily,whether that's being manhandled unnecessarily at the turnstiles or being spoken down/ dubbed down by the manager etc,etc. This is another example and eventually you start to see things for how they are.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2016 21:06]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:52 - Apr 23 with 1982 viewsnordenblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:30 - Apr 23 by RAFCBLUE

As they say you fix a hole in the roof when the suns shining,we won't always be flush with brass as many decades previous have shown.

Take Hilly out of the equation and things can take a rapid downward turn as we've seen before too.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:09 - Apr 23 with 1925 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:41 - Apr 23 by 49thseason

I have no wish to pee on Colin Garlicks chips but his assertion " The potential in the borough is approximately 37,000 children of this age and of course the knock on effect to the families" is wholly incorrect - there are are only 74 primary schools in Rochdale and they have an average of about 250 -275 pupils per school. For there to be 37000 primary aged children every school would have to have 500 on roll. I doubt there are more than 5 primary schools with 500 or more. Also, I doubt many 5-7 year olds will be attending matches so the number is even smaller - probably less than 10,000

The other relevant thing is that of the 37k (or as you suggest a lesser figure of 10k) most will be from a background were English is not a first language and cricket or Turkish Wrestling is a favourite sport........not footie!
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:25 - Apr 23 with 1878 viewsdingdangblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:36 - Apr 23 by scooby

And this is the key. i wont be renewing, but the games i attend will still see me pay as much.

I'm personally not fussed by the clubs approach or stance, they are a business and run it to make a profit as much as they can. They do this by having a USP, and that is RAFC. Running a business can only be done by taking measured business risks, and they are doing this. These risks will either balance out due to supporters on the day, or they will have to react next year.

The published accounts / profits are for up to Mar 2015, we may be struggling now, who really knows but them. They have made decisions based on the information they have / are privileged to. These decisions are nothing to do with us. They are all successful business people in their own right, they are not clueless.

Some of you need to get over yourselves. You have no input to club, they owe you nothing, you are nothing but a customer for the product they provide. Accept it and then act accordingly, pay or don't. That is the only decision of relevance you have. It's like a supermarket, you either shop there because it's local or provides what you want, if not, you decide to go elsewhere and travel a little more.

Its not like a supermarket though - you don't have an emotional attachment to Tesco or Asda like you do for your football club.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:27 - Apr 23 with 1866 viewsfirgrovedale51

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:21 - Apr 23 by 442Dale

Never said they would not did I?
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:36 - Apr 23 with 1832 viewspioneer

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:36 - Apr 23 by scooby

Ive never walked round outside a supermarket with a blanket asking for money to keep the supermarket open. Ive never walked over the moors to raise money for a supermarket..Ive never soldlottery tickets for a supermarket.

But you are right, they are running the club as if it were a supoermarket, however unlike supermarkets they know that many are unlikely to go to the rival. The only thing is, we cant go without food, but we can easily go without sitting or standing in the cold and rain to watch third level football. Many have already made that choice. At your peril dear directors.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:37 - Apr 23 with 1832 viewsscooby

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:25 - Apr 23 by dingdangblue

Its not like a supermarket though - you don't have an emotional attachment to Tesco or Asda like you do for your football club.

And what does that matter? you will never have a say in how the club is run, only if you are on the board. you have a voice, they do not have a need to listen if they dont want to.

In reality, we are the junkies, they are the dealers. if they want to mess with the goods, we will keep buying... it is all about how far you willing to go, and for them, how much of drought they create
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024