Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement: Season Tickets 09:49 - Apr 21 with 29069 viewsDale_Trust

Yesterday The Trust contacted the club both via telephone and by submitting a letter following an unprecedented level of communication from both members and supporters to the announcement of the season ticket prices for the 2016-17 season. A copy of that letter is published here. >>>

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/04/trust-statement-season-tickets/
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:38 - Apr 23 with 2798 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:27 - Apr 23 by firgrovedale51

Never said they would not did I?

No, I know. It was saying that many won't stop coming just because they don't want to renew.

The club can run themselves how they see fit, they can also be questioned by the Trust and the supporters they represent. Everyone can make their own minds up and subsequent decisions after reading the information provided. Much as the club can make decisions based on feedback from the fanbase and from polls like that in the other thread.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:39 - Apr 23 with 2797 viewsroccydaleian

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:36 - Apr 23 by scooby

And this is the key. i wont be renewing, but the games i attend will still see me pay as much.

I'm personally not fussed by the clubs approach or stance, they are a business and run it to make a profit as much as they can. They do this by having a USP, and that is RAFC. Running a business can only be done by taking measured business risks, and they are doing this. These risks will either balance out due to supporters on the day, or they will have to react next year.

The published accounts / profits are for up to Mar 2015, we may be struggling now, who really knows but them. They have made decisions based on the information they have / are privileged to. These decisions are nothing to do with us. They are all successful business people in their own right, they are not clueless.

Some of you need to get over yourselves. You have no input to club, they owe you nothing, you are nothing but a customer for the product they provide. Accept it and then act accordingly, pay or don't. That is the only decision of relevance you have. It's like a supermarket, you either shop there because it's local or provides what you want, if not, you decide to go elsewhere and travel a little more.

Probably the biggest load of shite written on this thread.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:40 - Apr 23 with 2779 viewsdalestats

The one thing from this I take is that Tuesday night games where the attendances have been low will next season be even lower. It looks like some people will pick and choose their games so I can see Saturday's games being ok attended but a little down but Tuesday nights could struggle to reach 1500

Poll: Remain in the eu

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:47 - Apr 23 with 2749 viewsscooby

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:39 - Apr 23 by roccydaleian

Probably the biggest load of shite written on this thread.

Opinions is all it is. You dont like the rules of business, your choice.

However, humour me oh wise one. Why do you think they need to listen to the likes of you crying?
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:49 - Apr 23 with 2734 viewsdingdangblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:37 - Apr 23 by scooby

And what does that matter? you will never have a say in how the club is run, only if you are on the board. you have a voice, they do not have a need to listen if they dont want to.

In reality, we are the junkies, they are the dealers. if they want to mess with the goods, we will keep buying... it is all about how far you willing to go, and for them, how much of drought they create

Because you support 1 team - you don't pick and choose just because another team down the road has a bogof offer on!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:51 - Apr 23 with 2704 viewsD_Alien

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:47 - Apr 23 by scooby

However, humour me oh wise one. Why do you think they need to listen to the likes of you crying?

I'll help you.

"You have no input to club, they owe you nothing, you are nothing but a customer"

Without customers, businesses don't exist, you tool.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:53 - Apr 23 with 2687 viewsroccydaleian

One of the rules of business is look after and don't upset your loyal customers, they're your lifeblood. Oh and as a shareholder i'll cry like i want thanks.
PS. Don't bother sending me a DM again either.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2016 21:57]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 22:04 - Apr 23 with 2643 viewsfitzochris

The rules of engagement are different when it comes to a club and its supporters. It's never a straightforward supplier and customer relationship. It goes beyond that.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 22:05 - Apr 23 with 2637 viewsnordenblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:37 - Apr 23 by scooby

And what does that matter? you will never have a say in how the club is run, only if you are on the board. you have a voice, they do not have a need to listen if they dont want to.

In reality, we are the junkies, they are the dealers. if they want to mess with the goods, we will keep buying... it is all about how far you willing to go, and for them, how much of drought they create

They'll have no option but to listen when there's eventually no crowd left to support the team,piss customers (yes that's us) off so far and they will stop spending money with you it's that simple.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 22:25 - Apr 23 with 2586 viewsClivert

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:40 - Apr 23 by dalestats

The one thing from this I take is that Tuesday night games where the attendances have been low will next season be even lower. It looks like some people will pick and choose their games so I can see Saturday's games being ok attended but a little down but Tuesday nights could struggle to reach 1500

We've had 4 scheduled Tuesday night home fixtures this season with the Crewe and Fleetwood rearranged for Tuesdays due to postponements. For me personally if the fixtures would be similar next season then missing Tuesday night games would be an easy decision to make as it would help family life out at home. The 'saving' from having a season ticket wouldn't benefit me anymore so apart from the 'Free' season ticket (that costs £10 more than last season) that my U7 son has these new prices don't do me any favours.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2016 22:32]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 22:25 - Apr 23 with 2582 views442Dale

It would be good to hear the Chairman's views on this situation.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 22:48 - Apr 23 with 2524 viewspedrodale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 22:25 - Apr 23 by 442Dale

It would be good to hear the Chairman's views on this situation.

He will say its out of his control or such like
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 03:41 - Apr 24 with 2365 viewsDaleiLama

There are two aspects to this that don't sit right with me at all.

Wrt the 7-11 offer, the numbers Dale claim seem to be misguided at best and the offer smacks of pester power. If parents can't afford to attend with their kids, is the club going to lay on school buses? Is this really going to grow the support long term? Big nope from me.

The current profit model seems to be predicated on Hilly working his magic. In other words, cup runs, tv money, selling on and bigger opponents. Take Hilly out of the equation and look at the worst case - we slip down a league, lots of young talent deserts the sinking ship, well supported away visitors dry up and less tv money. How many home fans do they think that scenario will tempt back to San Spotty, even with lower prices, let alone current prices? That's another epic fail from me.

Still, at the end of the day, it's their business and the business decisions have been made. Up to consumers to choose now.

#toomanyeggsinonebasket
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 3:48]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 06:02 - Apr 24 with 2340 viewsnordenblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 22:48 - Apr 23 by pedrodale

He will say its out of his control or such like

I'd guess it's very much within his control
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 07:21 - Apr 24 with 2293 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 06:02 - Apr 24 by nordenblue

I'd guess it's very much within his control

There's no doubt we are paying a lot more for our ST than other Clubs, I can't find anywhere else in the area that matches our prices apart from In the Premiership. Accrington Stanley who will probably be playing in League One next season are priced at £199 for adults anywhere in the ground and concessions £159. I think it's free entrance for the kids. They have no money but are brave enough to make it affordable for everybody.

Anyway let's see how the crowds pan out next season. We could see an influx of two thousand kids turn up with a parent, going off the Clubs figures that's only just over 5% of the target audience and should be easily achievable. That's the business model they are working on and they know best obviously so let's wait and see. So, including the 'free' kids and a parent it will be a nice change to see maybe 5000 Dale fans for our first home fixture of the season (even just 2.5% would see gates approaching 4000)

The Club have from now until the middle of July to bombard every school with posters regarding the free offer. The players and manager need to visit every school. Calvin Andrew is the man, he's a likeable guy and he actually looks like kids imagine a footballer to look like ( is that a secret man crush?). Posters need printing and distributing in every Supermarket/Petrol Station/Shopping Centre/Pubs/ and also on billboards. Have they even started advertising the 'free' offer yet or is the information only available to those who visit the website?

If it's not just a gimmick and the Club are really serious about getting all the kids involved we should see the offer advertised at every turn before the schools finish for their Summer break. Once that happens the opportunity is more or less over, we will be a month into the Season before they return from their holidays. The whole of June should be pretty easy to get the message out and about because the European Championships will be in full flow, football will still be at the top of the agenda.

Doing all of the above will probably more than supplement the loss of Full paying Season Ticket sales. The Directors aren't daft and would have reckoned on some not renewing once they figured out the price increase, that's what happens when prices go up obviously. If I am correct some of the teenagers are being asked to pay over 100% more for their ST next season. Those are the most important Supporters we have and we price them out at a stroke. The big price jump should happen at 21 years old. Anyway, I don't think this is worth falling out over because the Directors aren't forcing fans to buy a ST, we do have a choice. Let's see how it all pans out, hopefully the doubters ( me) will be left with egg all over their faces.

There will be an action plan in place to implement the 'Exciting' news regarding the ST announcement won't there?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 8:10]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:07 - Apr 24 with 2240 viewsPorlicks

Finally all catching up with it all.

I reached a part of the statement that read:

...the club believes it has frozen prices because the new prices were in effect last season and some season ticket holders paid these new prices and certainly all those who bought match day tickets or paid at the turnstiles on the day paid the new prices and we are not increasing prices next season..

And realised I was being fed gobbledygook.

As someone who doesn't care about ticket prices, it still amazes me how poorly the club communicate with fans.

Without that 10pound admin charge, they might just have got away with it. They've got to bite the bullet on that one. I thought the whole point of it was to get kids going to the game, bringing parents with them. You don't make customers pay for the costs of your marketing promotion.

Who are YOU with?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:09 - Apr 24 with 2236 viewsBartRowou

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 20:08 - Apr 23 by RAFCBLUE

What's the point? The damage is done and three home friendlies don't attract crowds. When was the last time we had a proper high profile home friendly?

Everton? Even they played half a real side. No Premier League side does friendlies now; overseas tours are far more lucrative.

Let's see how many people renew. I don't think attendances in pre-season games are meaningful. I stopped doing them five years ago.

Let's then see what the first five games look like attendance wise. Like most things it will be only in October when the damage/benefit can be assessed.

The point is that as with any type of dispute, both sides need to compromise and meet somewhere in the middle. As it stands, we have the clubs being stubborn and keeping it as it is; supporters, on the other hand, are being stubborn and refusing to buy season tickets.

A gesture such as free friendlies or two free cup matches or something like that would save some fans up to approximately £30, possibly more. The fans who don't attend friendlies would hopefully see that something has been done and would recognise that their voice has been heard even if they don't directly benefit from it.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:16 - Apr 24 with 2219 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:07 - Apr 24 by Porlicks

Finally all catching up with it all.

I reached a part of the statement that read:

...the club believes it has frozen prices because the new prices were in effect last season and some season ticket holders paid these new prices and certainly all those who bought match day tickets or paid at the turnstiles on the day paid the new prices and we are not increasing prices next season..

And realised I was being fed gobbledygook.

As someone who doesn't care about ticket prices, it still amazes me how poorly the club communicate with fans.

Without that 10pound admin charge, they might just have got away with it. They've got to bite the bullet on that one. I thought the whole point of it was to get kids going to the game, bringing parents with them. You don't make customers pay for the costs of your marketing promotion.

Very good points. It really isn't hard to get right so that fans feel valued.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:20 - Apr 24 with 2216 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:09 - Apr 24 by BartRowou

The point is that as with any type of dispute, both sides need to compromise and meet somewhere in the middle. As it stands, we have the clubs being stubborn and keeping it as it is; supporters, on the other hand, are being stubborn and refusing to buy season tickets.

A gesture such as free friendlies or two free cup matches or something like that would save some fans up to approximately £30, possibly more. The fans who don't attend friendlies would hopefully see that something has been done and would recognise that their voice has been heard even if they don't directly benefit from it.

I think the damage as been done though. They've managed to give their customers, non footballing people remember, a great excuse to NOT renew. Once you make that decision it frees up a few hundred quid in your bank and doing a u-turn is no longer an attractive option. Others like myself will just use the money to pay for something else. It doesn't really bother me if I have a season ticket or not, it never has done, i just thought it might help the Club.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 8:23]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:42 - Apr 24 with 2177 viewsjustanillusion

"Doing all of the above will probably more than supplement the loss of Full paying Season Ticket sales. The Directors aren't daft and would have reckoned on some not renewing once they figured out the price increase, that's what happens when prices go up obviously. If I am correct some of the teenagers are being asked to pay over 100% more for their ST next season. Those are the most important Supporters we have and we price them out at a stroke. The big price jump should happen at 21 years old. Anyway, I don't think this is worth falling out over because the Directors aren't forcing fans to buy a ST, we do have a choice. Let's see how it all pans out, hopefully the doubters ( me) will be left with egg all over their faces."

Talking sutty for a 16 year old moving into the student/U21 bracket next season they are faced with a price increase of 200% !
This age category is sixth form students and apprentices who will be on part time hours, minimum wage and in the case of apprentices an 'apprentice rate of pay' even lower than min wage. How they afford a ST in the Pearl St for £259 is anyones guess... Our board is deluded! Out of interest Oldham do this category of tickets for £160, Bury increase the age category to U23's and sell them at £150
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:50 - Apr 24 with 2148 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:42 - Apr 24 by justanillusion

"Doing all of the above will probably more than supplement the loss of Full paying Season Ticket sales. The Directors aren't daft and would have reckoned on some not renewing once they figured out the price increase, that's what happens when prices go up obviously. If I am correct some of the teenagers are being asked to pay over 100% more for their ST next season. Those are the most important Supporters we have and we price them out at a stroke. The big price jump should happen at 21 years old. Anyway, I don't think this is worth falling out over because the Directors aren't forcing fans to buy a ST, we do have a choice. Let's see how it all pans out, hopefully the doubters ( me) will be left with egg all over their faces."

Talking sutty for a 16 year old moving into the student/U21 bracket next season they are faced with a price increase of 200% !
This age category is sixth form students and apprentices who will be on part time hours, minimum wage and in the case of apprentices an 'apprentice rate of pay' even lower than min wage. How they afford a ST in the Pearl St for £259 is anyones guess... Our board is deluded! Out of interest Oldham do this category of tickets for £160, Bury increase the age category to U23's and sell them at £150

My son falls into this category, he's working but not earning much. We had the discussion on the way to Port Vale yesterday and he understands the reason behind not renewing. He actually said ' We could see how much it is to watch City', that was a bit worrying.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:51 - Apr 24 with 2146 viewsPorlicks

Don't want to dig up old arguments, but wasn't all that long ago that the Trust handed over (donated) £30,000 of supporters' money the club. That's 3,000 admin fees.

Who are YOU with?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 09:25 - Apr 24 with 2086 viewsdingdangblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 07:21 - Apr 24 by TalkingSutty

There's no doubt we are paying a lot more for our ST than other Clubs, I can't find anywhere else in the area that matches our prices apart from In the Premiership. Accrington Stanley who will probably be playing in League One next season are priced at £199 for adults anywhere in the ground and concessions £159. I think it's free entrance for the kids. They have no money but are brave enough to make it affordable for everybody.

Anyway let's see how the crowds pan out next season. We could see an influx of two thousand kids turn up with a parent, going off the Clubs figures that's only just over 5% of the target audience and should be easily achievable. That's the business model they are working on and they know best obviously so let's wait and see. So, including the 'free' kids and a parent it will be a nice change to see maybe 5000 Dale fans for our first home fixture of the season (even just 2.5% would see gates approaching 4000)

The Club have from now until the middle of July to bombard every school with posters regarding the free offer. The players and manager need to visit every school. Calvin Andrew is the man, he's a likeable guy and he actually looks like kids imagine a footballer to look like ( is that a secret man crush?). Posters need printing and distributing in every Supermarket/Petrol Station/Shopping Centre/Pubs/ and also on billboards. Have they even started advertising the 'free' offer yet or is the information only available to those who visit the website?

If it's not just a gimmick and the Club are really serious about getting all the kids involved we should see the offer advertised at every turn before the schools finish for their Summer break. Once that happens the opportunity is more or less over, we will be a month into the Season before they return from their holidays. The whole of June should be pretty easy to get the message out and about because the European Championships will be in full flow, football will still be at the top of the agenda.

Doing all of the above will probably more than supplement the loss of Full paying Season Ticket sales. The Directors aren't daft and would have reckoned on some not renewing once they figured out the price increase, that's what happens when prices go up obviously. If I am correct some of the teenagers are being asked to pay over 100% more for their ST next season. Those are the most important Supporters we have and we price them out at a stroke. The big price jump should happen at 21 years old. Anyway, I don't think this is worth falling out over because the Directors aren't forcing fans to buy a ST, we do have a choice. Let's see how it all pans out, hopefully the doubters ( me) will be left with egg all over their faces.

There will be an action plan in place to implement the 'Exciting' news regarding the ST announcement won't there?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 8:10]

The FREE kids ticket is all over the Goldbond sheet apparently.
No mention of admin fee.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 10:34 - Apr 24 with 1996 viewsDaleFan7

The club clearly don't care about loyalty to the fans that have stuck with them through bad and more recently good times. I'm not one who has to be at every game religiously though if I have a season ticket I am anyway. At least this season it will give me the freedom to pick and choose what I do with my Saturdays. And I won't be freezing my b*llocks off on a cold Tuesday night. It will be interesting to see how many people who have said they won't renew actually go through with it though.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:19 - Apr 24 with 1923 viewsscooby

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 22:05 - Apr 23 by nordenblue

They'll have no option but to listen when there's eventually no crowd left to support the team,piss customers (yes that's us) off so far and they will stop spending money with you it's that simple.

and that is my point. they are taking a risk to grow the business and made decisions people may not like. they either suck it for a year and see how it impacts in reality. how much will it hurt when they still get the same income through the door due to people still turning up on the day as we are loyal?

So the question is, will they listen now or in 12mths? You cant please everyone all the time, its just tough titties if you are the ones upset. Vote how you know it will be heard.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024