Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement: Season Tickets 09:49 - Apr 21 with 29429 viewsDale_Trust

Yesterday The Trust contacted the club both via telephone and by submitting a letter following an unprecedented level of communication from both members and supporters to the announcement of the season ticket prices for the 2016-17 season. A copy of that letter is published here. >>>

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/04/trust-statement-season-tickets/
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:22 - Apr 24 with 2724 viewsWill_RAFC

This whole episode stinks. There's been a feeling amongst a lot of supporters for a while that Team Rochdale no longer exists and this sums it up.

Firstly the whole "Frozen" prices. Designed to try and pull the wool over our eyes. I don't care how Mr Garlick wants to dress it up. It is a dishonest statement. My season ticket will cost £37 more next season. End of story.

It blows my mind that we are currently enjoying the best ever times at this football club and we have lost fans along the way. Infact its criminal. I feel so sorry for Keith. At any other club his achievements would see his teams playing to a packed house.

The boards ingenious plan to combat this....piss off its entire fanbase and price adult tickets at a price well out of reach of most people in a poor town and not comparable with similar clubs to us.

Then we have more lies - "free" tickets that aren't free and adult prices too high that will see barely any new fans through the turnstiles next season.

More lies - the value of the vouchers. If Mr Garlick really thinks they are worth over £100 then he can buy mine off me. I've frozen the price of those from last season and for a special promotion period I will only charge him £140 (plus £10 admin fee).

It stinks. Really really stinks. Its an effort to bleed the few who will always turn up. We have a Championship standard manager and some fantastic players but a total amateur approach at almost every other department at the club.

Given Mr Garlicks reply I suggest he has no business representing supporters on the Trust board.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:24 - Apr 24 with 2712 viewsscooby

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:53 - Apr 23 by roccydaleian

One of the rules of business is look after and don't upset your loyal customers, they're your lifeblood. Oh and as a shareholder i'll cry like i want thanks.
PS. Don't bother sending me a DM again either.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2016 21:57]

Then cry away, fill your boots! Being a shareholder doesn't make you part of the decision making, however, yes we can all have our say.

It's a bit like KH and the team - Some love him and the team and wont a have a bad word said against him even when when it is reasonable criticism because we going through a bad patch. No difference here. Again, cant please everyone. But (as per the DM) what makes you so special that others cannot say their opinion when it differs to yours?

Personally, and i think someone has stated this before, they completely got this wrong and as successful business their chosen areas, it has been proven there is work to do to understand this line of business. I think we are all agreed that its a mess.

PS the DM was a message to try and discuss / understand your side of things. Get over yourself.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 11:27]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:59 - Apr 24 with 2600 viewsD_Alien

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:24 - Apr 24 by scooby

Then cry away, fill your boots! Being a shareholder doesn't make you part of the decision making, however, yes we can all have our say.

It's a bit like KH and the team - Some love him and the team and wont a have a bad word said against him even when when it is reasonable criticism because we going through a bad patch. No difference here. Again, cant please everyone. But (as per the DM) what makes you so special that others cannot say their opinion when it differs to yours?

Personally, and i think someone has stated this before, they completely got this wrong and as successful business their chosen areas, it has been proven there is work to do to understand this line of business. I think we are all agreed that its a mess.

PS the DM was a message to try and discuss / understand your side of things. Get over yourself.

You seem to be under the illusion that you're telling us something we haven't already factored into the points we've been making for the past week.

Don't cry into your cornflakes about it.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:01 - Apr 24 with 2597 viewspioneer

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 08:09 - Apr 24 by BartRowou

The point is that as with any type of dispute, both sides need to compromise and meet somewhere in the middle. As it stands, we have the clubs being stubborn and keeping it as it is; supporters, on the other hand, are being stubborn and refusing to buy season tickets.

A gesture such as free friendlies or two free cup matches or something like that would save some fans up to approximately £30, possibly more. The fans who don't attend friendlies would hopefully see that something has been done and would recognise that their voice has been heard even if they don't directly benefit from it.

No, both sides dont need to compromise....they dont charge prices that fans are happy with, they dont get the money.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:11 - Apr 24 with 2571 viewsroccydaleian

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:24 - Apr 24 by scooby

Anyone can have a difference of opinion of course, nowt wrong with that, and my opinion is that your post was a load of shite. Who do you think you are telling people to get over themselves because they care about what's going on? Looks like others have tried to point out to you that you're talking nonsense so I'll leave it at that.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:11 - Apr 24 with 2570 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:19 - Apr 24 by scooby

and that is my point. they are taking a risk to grow the business and made decisions people may not like. they either suck it for a year and see how it impacts in reality. how much will it hurt when they still get the same income through the door due to people still turning up on the day as we are loyal?

So the question is, will they listen now or in 12mths? You cant please everyone all the time, its just tough titties if you are the ones upset. Vote how you know it will be heard.

Agree with that, let them run with the plan and see if it works. If it doesn't they will then have to devise another plan to attract lapsed supporters back. It's all very short sighted,but what do we the fans know, best to leave it to the footballing people.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:24 - Apr 24 with 2522 views442Dale

Will say it again, I want to see a statement from the Chairman. One without explanations that can be picked apart, because we're clever enough to do it. One which addresses concerns, ours and theirs.

Because they should have them.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:29 - Apr 24 with 2514 viewspioneer

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 07:21 - Apr 24 by TalkingSutty

There's no doubt we are paying a lot more for our ST than other Clubs, I can't find anywhere else in the area that matches our prices apart from In the Premiership. Accrington Stanley who will probably be playing in League One next season are priced at £199 for adults anywhere in the ground and concessions £159. I think it's free entrance for the kids. They have no money but are brave enough to make it affordable for everybody.

Anyway let's see how the crowds pan out next season. We could see an influx of two thousand kids turn up with a parent, going off the Clubs figures that's only just over 5% of the target audience and should be easily achievable. That's the business model they are working on and they know best obviously so let's wait and see. So, including the 'free' kids and a parent it will be a nice change to see maybe 5000 Dale fans for our first home fixture of the season (even just 2.5% would see gates approaching 4000)

The Club have from now until the middle of July to bombard every school with posters regarding the free offer. The players and manager need to visit every school. Calvin Andrew is the man, he's a likeable guy and he actually looks like kids imagine a footballer to look like ( is that a secret man crush?). Posters need printing and distributing in every Supermarket/Petrol Station/Shopping Centre/Pubs/ and also on billboards. Have they even started advertising the 'free' offer yet or is the information only available to those who visit the website?

If it's not just a gimmick and the Club are really serious about getting all the kids involved we should see the offer advertised at every turn before the schools finish for their Summer break. Once that happens the opportunity is more or less over, we will be a month into the Season before they return from their holidays. The whole of June should be pretty easy to get the message out and about because the European Championships will be in full flow, football will still be at the top of the agenda.

Doing all of the above will probably more than supplement the loss of Full paying Season Ticket sales. The Directors aren't daft and would have reckoned on some not renewing once they figured out the price increase, that's what happens when prices go up obviously. If I am correct some of the teenagers are being asked to pay over 100% more for their ST next season. Those are the most important Supporters we have and we price them out at a stroke. The big price jump should happen at 21 years old. Anyway, I don't think this is worth falling out over because the Directors aren't forcing fans to buy a ST, we do have a choice. Let's see how it all pans out, hopefully the doubters ( me) will be left with egg all over their faces.

There will be an action plan in place to implement the 'Exciting' news regarding the ST announcement won't there?
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 8:10]

I can see it now, rochdale striker adresses 10 year old math class

striker: if a kids season ticket is free how much does it cost to buy two free kids season tickets

slowest kid in the class after long pause: nothing?

striker: No twenty pounds.

I think most of the board are reasonably succesful businessmen. Does the chairman tell the churches he sell his stuff to, something costs 600 quid and then sends them an invoice for 650 (including admin charge)? Does he tell them the price this year is not really more than last year because last year they took advantage of discounts that arent offered this year?

if the answer to both questions is know why does he treat the supporters worse than he treats his customers
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:03 - Apr 24 with 2450 viewsrafc1984

As a country s/t holder in the pearl St end, if I renewed it would save me £20 over next season, compared to £43 this season. As I'm sure you can all appreciate I won't be renewing.

Can't help but feel this new pricing structure is a massive own goal by the board.
Less season ticket holders will definitely mean less home fans, add to this our already poor home support, that for me is a worry for the future of our beloved football club.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:07 - Apr 24 with 2436 views100notout

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:24 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

Will say it again, I want to see a statement from the Chairman. One without explanations that can be picked apart, because we're clever enough to do it. One which addresses concerns, ours and theirs.

Because they should have them.

Ring radio Manchester tomorrow evening at 6 o'clock and ask him

edit its 01612282255
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 13:08]

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:16 - Apr 24 with 2406 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:07 - Apr 24 by 100notout

edit its 01612282255

Pointless exercise that because even if the question is asked you probably wouldn't get chance to discuss or pick holes in the answer. I often find that the people ringing in are talked over by Jimmy Wagg and the guest, then they go off on a tangent and the original question gets lost in the wash. It's like the person and the question posed becomes an irrelevance and they end up massaging each other's egos in agreement. Me cynical? Never.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 13:17]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:21 - Apr 24 with 2383 viewsroccydaleian

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:16 - Apr 24 by TalkingSutty

Pointless exercise that because even if the question is asked you probably wouldn't get chance to discuss or pick holes in the answer. I often find that the people ringing in are talked over by Jimmy Wagg and the guest, then they go off on a tangent and the original question gets lost in the wash. It's like the person and the question posed becomes an irrelevance and they end up massaging each other's egos in agreement. Me cynical? Never.

Just been listening to Matey FM and CD isn't on tomorrow, it's just CG.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:22 - Apr 24 with 2376 viewspioneer

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:16 - Apr 24 by TalkingSutty

no you are spot on. It gives then an excuse to say they have engaged with the supporters
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:22 - Apr 24 with 2375 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:07 - Apr 24 by 100notout

edit its 01612282255

Will be sending in a text, have the number somewhere which I'll post on here later for anyone who wishes to use it.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:24 - Apr 24 with 2373 viewsDaleyBrent

Think the whole Debacle is a bit disgusting to our loyal fans...

Another issue i have hardly seen brought up is there being no student prices whatsoever! Im a university student who travels home specifically to watch Rochdale, home and away!

Notoriously students are quite poor, like myself, and just cannot afford to ay for 4 trains per weekend and £314.50 for a season ticket - impossible!! And I'm sure other students in a similar position feel the same.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:24 - Apr 24 with 2372 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:21 - Apr 24 by roccydaleian

Just been listening to Matey FM and CD isn't on tomorrow, it's just CG.

Ok. I won't then. Should have read further down the thread first!

Will still try and get the text number for anyone interested.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:33 - Apr 24 with 2350 viewsroccydaleian

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:24 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

Q and A just appeared.
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-information-qa-3075651.a
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:44 - Apr 24 with 2322 views442Dale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:33 - Apr 24 by roccydaleian

Q and A just appeared.
http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-information-qa-3075651.a

I especially like that they feel the need to explain the difference between 'early bird' and 'Special Promotion Period'. Except supporters (you know the ones who actually buy the season tickets), don't really care in how they term it.

And again, why aren't ALL tickets listed as subject to availability rather than the u11s that they choose to specifically mention?

Look at the terminology for concessionary tickets for 65 year olds. Why end it with a negative saying "you will not be entitled" if under 65 on the 1st Sept? Surely it's easier to say "you will be entitled to a concessionary season ticket if you are aged 65 on the 1st Sept."?

One final question, is the tone of that article designed to promote Season Tickets and increase sales?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:47 - Apr 24 with 2308 viewsroccydaleian

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:24 - Apr 24 by 442Dale

Text the word MANC and the number is 81333
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:54 - Apr 24 with 2281 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 13:33 - Apr 24 by roccydaleian

Q and A just appeared.

Just spotted a bit of value.....the upgrade to executive seats in the main stand. No consolation to the young/ hard up supporters of course.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:14 - Apr 24 with 2177 viewsDaleFan7

Emailed the club my 2 cents and to ask them to remove me from their mailing list. Not that it will make any difference.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 16:11 - Apr 24 with 2079 viewsKnowlesy

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:14 - Apr 24 by DaleFan7

Emailed the club my 2 cents and to ask them to remove me from their mailing list. Not that it will make any difference.

Just done the same. If this is what counts as an exciting announcement then I don't want to hear any others
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:05 - Apr 24 with 1964 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 16:11 - Apr 24 by Knowlesy

Just done the same. If this is what counts as an exciting announcement then I don't want to hear any others

They've made a pigs ear of this, starting from the initial exciting announcement that implied a radical pricing plan might be put in place to encourage those within the town who cant afford the current prices to start supporting their home team. That hasn't happened. They've made their decision and the proof will be in the pudding,lets hope they are right and proven to be more savvy than their customers.

I think we also need to refrain from making this more a 'us and them' than we need to do. The Chairman,Directors and Colin Garlick have all done fantastically over the years and they deserve respect for that. If in time its proven they cocked up on this issue then lets draw a line under it and move on. They get more right than they get wrong. The whole issue indicates to me that we need some new, young, dynamic blood on the Club books though. Blue Sky thinking is what we require!!
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 17:08]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:17 - Apr 24 with 1928 viewsKnowlesy

I agree that the board have done a good job running the club and I often find myself defending them when friends that are fans of premier league clubs suggest a lack of ambition. I just feel that the gesture with the mailing list is the best, least aggressive way that I can tell them that I'm unhappy with how this has all played out.
For me, I work a lot of Tuesday nights so it's just not worth getting a season ticket at those prices, say we play 4 Tuesday night games at home in a season that is a big 80 quid hole into my savings with a season ticket, plus no one can ever guarantee they'll be available for every Saturday. A lower price would have convinced me that it would be an investment rather than a gamble. I'll still be going to the same amount of games but safe in the mind that if I can't go it isn't costing me.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 17:19]
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 19:49 - Apr 24 with 1740 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 17:17 - Apr 24 by Knowlesy

I agree that the board have done a good job running the club and I often find myself defending them when friends that are fans of premier league clubs suggest a lack of ambition. I just feel that the gesture with the mailing list is the best, least aggressive way that I can tell them that I'm unhappy with how this has all played out.
For me, I work a lot of Tuesday nights so it's just not worth getting a season ticket at those prices, say we play 4 Tuesday night games at home in a season that is a big 80 quid hole into my savings with a season ticket, plus no one can ever guarantee they'll be available for every Saturday. A lower price would have convinced me that it would be an investment rather than a gamble. I'll still be going to the same amount of games but safe in the mind that if I can't go it isn't costing me.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 17:19]

Just do what you thinks right, it doesn't make you less of a fan because you decide not to buy a Season Ticket. It gives you more options by not committing to one though. Taking fans for granted, or non football people , however those employed within the Club view us all,is a big mistake.

I noticed Colin Garlick stated that they are all Dale fans within the Club, I beg to differ on that one. If he wasn't employed by the Club would he travel up and down the country paying his own hard earned money on travel expenses and match ticket? Would he heck, that's what proper football people do, they support the bloody team. I was always under the impression he supported Macclesfield anyway. I would suggest he's never paid to watch Rochdale in his life.

Real footballing people obviously includes the fans,so don't listen to anybody trying to waffle otherwise, unless that's somebody who shells out his hard earned money travelling and watching the team. Which in this case it wasn't

There seems to be quite a few people within the Club who allege they they are lifelong Dale fans when everybody knows they aren't, they must think we're daft. Invariably these people never pay to enter the ground so ticket prices don't affect them. Would they support the team week in week out if they had to open their wallets? Would they hell. There opinions are worthless unless they've walked the walk and put the hard miles in.

We've got plenty of lifelong Dale fans in the boardroom I'll grant you that.Would they imply that that the fans are 'non footballing people'? I don't think they would.

A lot of fans have invested their life and their finances into this Club and for somebody employed by the Club to start trying to differentiate by coming out with the comment ' Footballing People ' just sums up how we are taken for granted. If we are really just viewed as customers then they won't mind if some decide to shop around for the best offers, that's what customers do. Away from the pitch the fans have had some crap to put up with this year and that's what focuses the mind when it comes to taking money out of your bank account.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2016 20:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024