Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trust Statement: Season Tickets 09:49 - Apr 21 with 29305 viewsDale_Trust

Yesterday The Trust contacted the club both via telephone and by submitting a letter following an unprecedented level of communication from both members and supporters to the announcement of the season ticket prices for the 2016-17 season. A copy of that letter is published here. >>>

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2016/04/trust-statement-season-tickets/
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 23:50 - Apr 26 with 2701 viewsmikehunt

Ah well I'm getting a ticket.
No one likes price hikes but what are the club supposed to do? We know that you wouldn't be able to give tickets away so reducing prices in the hope that we double our gates is a complete non-starter. So they have to rely on their loyal supporters. And asking them to dig deep for the club is something they have to do. This comes across as them milking supporters but, so long as they don't take the p!ss, then I am prepared to pay (I obviously don't think they have intentionally tried to fleece us this time).
If you can no longer afford it or don't like what they have done well it's your prerogative not to buy. But remember, the directors pump loads of time and money into our club to keep it afloat and keep a team there for us to support. We should do what we can too.
We are what we are, I'm afraid, and, I fear, no amount of giveaways will dramatically improve the fortunes of the club.
We do have a chance to see whether a freebie will prove to be any kind of incentive with the 11 and under "free" ticket. If the take up is a success then, perhaps, the club could revisit across the board discounts. We will have to wait and see.
Up The Dale!

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 06:32 - Apr 27 with 2609 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:55 - Apr 26 by 442Dale

They might have some decent money backing them, but it's still a very good PR gesture:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/salfordcityfc/news/ammies-to-gift-part-of-play-off

So easy to get things right.

A nice gesture.

#Teamsalford
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 07:40 - Apr 27 with 2559 viewsnordenblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 06:32 - Apr 27 by TalkingSutty

A nice gesture.

#Teamsalford

They won 3.1 last night after extra time,through to play off final,I believe against Workington this Sat
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 09:42 - Apr 27 with 2465 viewsJimmyRustler

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 23:50 - Apr 26 by mikehunt

No one likes price hikes but what are the club supposed to do? We know that you wouldn't be able to give tickets away so reducing prices in the hope that we double our gates is a complete non-starter. So they have to rely on their loyal supporters. And asking them to dig deep for the club is something they have to do. This comes across as them milking supporters but, so long as they don't take the p!ss, then I am prepared to pay (I obviously don't think they have intentionally tried to fleece us this time).
If you can no longer afford it or don't like what they have done well it's your prerogative not to buy. But remember, the directors pump loads of time and money into our club to keep it afloat and keep a team there for us to support. We should do what we can too.
We are what we are, I'm afraid, and, I fear, no amount of giveaways will dramatically improve the fortunes of the club.
We do have a chance to see whether a freebie will prove to be any kind of incentive with the 11 and under "free" ticket. If the take up is a success then, perhaps, the club could revisit across the board discounts. We will have to wait and see.
Up The Dale!

People seem to be taking issue with the disingenuous marketing of the tickets as opposed to the prices themselves (and rightly so).

If the club had come out and said, 'Despite the club being in one of it's healthiest financial positions in recent times, we feel a small price increase is necessary in order to compete both on and off the pitch. Whilst the purchasing of the stadium and it's surroundings has required a substantial initial outlay, we are confident that the benefits of this deal will be felt for generations to come and hope to reward current supporters' generosity and loyalty in the more immediate future.' or something like that then I would imagine not many people would have batted an eyelid, especially if this would have meant that the kids got an actual FREE season ticket.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:13 - Apr 27 with 2403 viewsdeeplishblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 23:50 - Apr 26 by mikehunt

Up The Dale!

Well said. I agree completely.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:11 - Apr 27 with 2322 viewsD_Alien

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 09:42 - Apr 27 by JimmyRustler

People seem to be taking issue with the disingenuous marketing of the tickets as opposed to the prices themselves (and rightly so).

If the club had come out and said, 'Despite the club being in one of it's healthiest financial positions in recent times, we feel a small price increase is necessary in order to compete both on and off the pitch. Whilst the purchasing of the stadium and it's surroundings has required a substantial initial outlay, we are confident that the benefits of this deal will be felt for generations to come and hope to reward current supporters' generosity and loyalty in the more immediate future.' or something like that then I would imagine not many people would have batted an eyelid, especially if this would have meant that the kids got an actual FREE season ticket.

Spot on with that JR (the call to the NHS helpline must've worked!)

No Dale fan should have to resort to explaining why they're renewing an ST. We all know what the directors do for the club, the issue all along is largely one of treating fans with respect, as equals in the quest to see Dale remain successful and thriving. Being a businessman and having the resources to take a seat on the board is all well and good but the people they're addressing as fans are by and large educated, successful people in our own right. Many of us have, or have had, managerial responsibilities and a great deal of life experience. That needs to be reflected in the communications coming from within the club.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 12:15 - Apr 27 with 2316 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:13 - Apr 27 by deeplishblue

Well said. I agree completely.

Good point. There is a chance that maybe 100 regulars decide not to renew ( The Direcors would have been aware that some won't be happy with their decision) and there is a uptake of a thousand or so extra free kids and parents.

You would expect the Directors (successful businessmen) to know what they are doing on this one,however pessimistic the majority of Supporters you speak too appear to be. You are happy with the pricing structure and the plan to attract NEW supporters (kids), not LAPSED supporters who can't afford the price,but not everybody thinks that way. As ever, it's all about opinions and we all have one.
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:06 - Apr 27 with 2121 viewspioneer

For someone who bought their season ticket after the 'promotion period' they are not affected (at least financially). Its those who regularly lay out their money months in advance, and who help the club with cash flow during the difficult summer period, who face a substantial price increase -irrespective of what the spin merchants tell us.
Login to get fewer ads

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:06 - Apr 27 with 2121 viewsaleanddale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 09:42 - Apr 27 by JimmyRustler

Bang on the money that Jimmy.

As the kids say.... This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:16 - Apr 27 with 2099 viewsdingdangblue

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:06 - Apr 27 by aleanddale

Bang on the money that Jimmy.

As the kids say.... This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

But there hasn't been a small increase? Prices are the same?

#dontmentionthespecialpromotionperiod

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:20 - Apr 27 with 2086 viewslyberoc

The thing is, if the board are serious in trying to attract under 11,s then why bother with a season ticket at all, just let them in free at the turnstiles, Noe it means an adult has to actually obtain a "free" season ticket for the kids and there is nothing to attract new adults in the pricing policy
But say come August or Sept that same adult fancies coming to a game at Spotland he/she is much more likely to knowing that they can just turn up and the kids get in free , before you know it they have all caught the bug
Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 16:23 - Apr 27 with 1998 viewsTalkingSutty

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 15:20 - Apr 27 by lyberoc

The thing is, if the board are serious in trying to attract under 11,s then why bother with a season ticket at all, just let them in free at the turnstiles, Noe it means an adult has to actually obtain a "free" season ticket for the kids and there is nothing to attract new adults in the pricing policy
But say come August or Sept that same adult fancies coming to a game at Spotland he/she is much more likely to knowing that they can just turn up and the kids get in free , before you know it they have all caught the bug

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 18:13 - Apr 27 with 1858 viewsSalwaDale

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 21:55 - Apr 26 by 442Dale

They might have some decent money backing them, but it's still a very good PR gesture:

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/salfordcityfc/news/ammies-to-gift-part-of-play-off

So easy to get things right.

Quite clever too as I guess most people won't claim the money back and will happily 'gift' it back to the club. Great PR.

TBBT

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:26 - Apr 28 with 1608 viewsdingdangblue

Barnsley Early Bird ends tomorrow - a lot better value than ours and under 12's FREE (NO CHARGE)(REALLY).

http://mobile.barnsleyfc.co.uk//news/article/201516-early-bird-season-ticket-off

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Trust Statement: Season Tickets on 11:57 - Apr 28 with 1565 viewssandy_dale

Not to much season ticket related, but again the club shows little in doing much to get more fans for our last game. Scunthorpe are having a £5 for adults free for u18s day. Somewhat of an effort to get their fans behind the team for the playoff dream. (No rhyme intended)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024