Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rules regarding Travellers. 13:27 - Apr 23 with 2977 viewsmingthemerciless

Anybody know what the current legislation is regarding travellers. I live adjacent to Cronkeyshaw common and I was coming home from a night out late on Monday to find the upper end of the common Nr Whitehall St occupied by about 10 caravans and a similar number of accompanying cars.

Last year the Council went to the trouble of erecting a series of logs driven into the ground all around the bottom piece of the common with the purpose of deterring un authorised occupation of the common. On the top half they dug an unsightly trench all the way around with the same object in mind.

Obviously the travellers just up rooted the logs and drove straight in.

On Tuesday the council posted notices telling them to leave within 24 hrs - nothing happened.

Yesterday more caravans and pick ups arrived - all brand new, very nice.
The Council posted another notice yesterday telling them they would be removed forth with - nothing has happened yet.

I'm live and let live normally but I don't appreciate the common being occupied so kids can't play there, the loud music being played from cars just left with all the doors open, piles of rubbish and the noise of generators running all night etc.

A week or two back I left my excess rubbish neatly tied up in black sacks by my wheelie bin and the bin men just left them there. You can bet your bottom dollar the council will be around as soon as the Travellers move on to clear it up. I've paid for my rubbish to be removed, have they ?

I've got a few bits and pieces hanging around the house I might as well just lob them onto the piles left by the Travellers.

Anybody know what the state of play is regarding legislation covering these issues.
Rules regarding Travellers. on 14:31 - Apr 23 with 2884 viewssince58

The council should do what they did in Limoges France .when we were there
they sent in the police followed by a j c b with a big bucket on it. Not much
of there caravans left that was for sure.
Rules regarding Travellers. on 15:04 - Apr 23 with 2817 viewsSuddenLad

If the travellers refuse to obey the Council eviction order, the next step will be to obtain a Court order to forcibly remove them.

Unless things have changed, there was a 14 day period for them to comply, after which time the travellers can be forcibly removed by bailiffs without further ado.

As is usual, they will leave behind a trail of filth and rubbish of all kinds. The Council will remove it at our expense simply because it will not only be unsightly, but a health hazard.

Before they leave, expect them to be doing handbrake turns and driving round recklessly just to damage the common. It's what happens. Filthy buggers.

Have they offered to tarmac your path yet ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Rules regarding Travellers. on 19:45 - Apr 23 with 2616 viewsmingthemerciless

Rules regarding Travellers. on 15:04 - Apr 23 by SuddenLad

If the travellers refuse to obey the Council eviction order, the next step will be to obtain a Court order to forcibly remove them.

Unless things have changed, there was a 14 day period for them to comply, after which time the travellers can be forcibly removed by bailiffs without further ado.

As is usual, they will leave behind a trail of filth and rubbish of all kinds. The Council will remove it at our expense simply because it will not only be unsightly, but a health hazard.

Before they leave, expect them to be doing handbrake turns and driving round recklessly just to damage the common. It's what happens. Filthy buggers.

Have they offered to tarmac your path yet ?

I think the notice posted yesterday was an order to forcibly removed them. My question is - If it takes fourteen days before they can be removed why wait whilst Friday to post it ? Plus fourteen days is a ridiculous amount of time.
Rules regarding Travellers. on 19:51 - Apr 23 with 2581 viewsSuddenLad

Rules regarding Travellers. on 19:45 - Apr 23 by mingthemerciless

I think the notice posted yesterday was an order to forcibly removed them. My question is - If it takes fourteen days before they can be removed why wait whilst Friday to post it ? Plus fourteen days is a ridiculous amount of time.

If they already have the enforement order, the Council probably have a 'rolling arrangement' with the Court, which renews the eviction order every 28 days (or whatever) to save time. It acts as a effective 'permanent ban' from these itinerants parking on public land.

They will know exactly what the law is and will be well versed in when to move.

If the order is on public view, it will state the time and date by which they have to move on.

In the meantime, draw the curtains and buy some air fresheners..

Rules regarding Travellers. on 19:26 - Apr 24 with 2327 viewsmingthemerciless

Went out at 2-30 for the Rugby, they were still there. Came back at 6-00, not a soul around just piles of black sacks and cardboard boxes.
Rules regarding Travellers. on 19:38 - Apr 24 with 2307 viewspedrodale

Rules regarding Travellers. on 19:26 - Apr 24 by mingthemerciless

Went out at 2-30 for the Rugby, they were still there. Came back at 6-00, not a soul around just piles of black sacks and cardboard boxes.

Check your lead flashing
Rules regarding Travellers. on 19:46 - Apr 24 with 2285 viewsSuddenLad

Rules regarding Travellers. on 19:26 - Apr 24 by mingthemerciless

Black sacks !! Bloody hell, civilised behaviour is kicking in. That's evolution for you.

Rules regarding Travellers. on 12:27 - Apr 25 with 2115 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The question is,where will they turn up next?...............Coming to a common near you.
Login to get fewer ads

Rules regarding Travellers. on 12:47 - Apr 25 with 2069 viewsmingthemerciless

I've got to give the Council credit, they've sent a team round this morning to tidy up and now the common is almost back to normal.

Just seen the same group of caravans heading down Whitworth Rd towards the Townhead junction.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2016 14:37]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024