Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans 14:29 - Jun 20 with 4340 viewsMoonyDale

Signing for Chesterfield later today apparently.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Ched Evans on 14:35 - Jun 20 with 4325 viewschalkyncfc

Its been confirmed now that he's signed
Ched Evans on 14:40 - Jun 20 with 4298 viewsToffeemanc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36575406

The same Chesterfield who in the wake of the Oldham attempted signing gave a statement to the BBC stating they wouldn't sign him.
No doubt they will now only be wanting to talk about the pending re-trial and hoping for a favourable verdict.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Ched Evans on 16:04 - Jun 20 with 4107 viewsD_Dale

Cheaterfield were badly in need of a striker for the coming season, so presumably took all the risks associated with signing Evans.

Danny Wilson will remember the 2011-12 season when he managed Sheffield U. Evans scored 35 league and cup goals (including 4 against Dale) in 42 appearances. Then, with Evans a guest in HM Prison, Sheffield slipped from an automatic promotion place and lost in the play-off final.
Ched Evans on 16:54 - Jun 20 with 4009 viewsSuddenLad

Look forward to hearing the opinions and reactions of the female Chesterfield season ticket holders, sponsors, club staff, players wives/girlfriends.

Talk about lighting the blue touch paper........

Can't imagine it will be worth all the aggravation and negative media, whatever the outcome of any legal proceedings.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ched Evans on 18:13 - Jun 20 with 3905 viewsShun

Ched Evans on 16:54 - Jun 20 by SuddenLad

Look forward to hearing the opinions and reactions of the female Chesterfield season ticket holders, sponsors, club staff, players wives/girlfriends.

Talk about lighting the blue touch paper........

Can't imagine it will be worth all the aggravation and negative media, whatever the outcome of any legal proceedings.

And male ones too!
Ched Evans on 18:46 - Jun 20 with 3828 viewsD_Alien

Ched Evans on 14:40 - Jun 20 by Toffeemanc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36575406

The same Chesterfield who in the wake of the Oldham attempted signing gave a statement to the BBC stating they wouldn't sign him.
No doubt they will now only be wanting to talk about the pending re-trial and hoping for a favourable verdict.

When Oldham were trying to sign him, his status was guilty; it's now innocent until proven guilty pending the retrial.

I'm not making a judgement one way or the other, simply stating that those who deemed him not fit to play football due to his guilty status, if they are to be consistent, should allow that his innocent status means he should be able to play.

But they probably won't.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Ched Evans on 22:32 - Jun 20 with 3650 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ched Evans on 18:46 - Jun 20 by D_Alien

When Oldham were trying to sign him, his status was guilty; it's now innocent until proven guilty pending the retrial.

I'm not making a judgement one way or the other, simply stating that those who deemed him not fit to play football due to his guilty status, if they are to be consistent, should allow that his innocent status means he should be able to play.

But they probably won't.

agree with that

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ched Evans on 12:08 - Jun 21 with 3465 viewsBarryStrange

Ched Evans on 18:46 - Jun 20 by D_Alien

But they probably won't.

I can't stand the guy, or particularly his entourage, and am delighted that the circus which will follow him will only impact us for the 2 games with Chesterfield, but you are right about innocent until proven guilty.

Until the retrial (and it is worth remembering that the CPS are bothering with a retrial - if the problem was with the decision and not the process or the fairness of his original trial they probably wouldn't as they have to clear the criminal burden of proof again) he is a free man entitled to work for a living.
Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans on 20:51 - Jun 21 with 3279 viewspioneer

Yes he is entitled to work for a living but no one has to employ him.

I would be very disappointed were Dale to go for him...hypothetically speaking...I know we are not.
Ched Evans on 15:24 - Jun 24 with 2927 viewsSheffdale

From the Guardian - poisoned chalice - similar reaction from sponsors when he started training with the Blades: "One of Chesterfield’s sponsors has pulled out after the club signed the striker Ched Evans, three months before he faces a retrial for rape.

The fitting company HTM Products said it had withdrawn its support of the League One club “in light of recent events”.

It's much better to be signing ex academy players from Man U I'm sure.
Ched Evans on 15:36 - Jun 24 with 2895 views1mark1

Ched Evans on 15:24 - Jun 24 by Sheffdale

From the Guardian - poisoned chalice - similar reaction from sponsors when he started training with the Blades: "One of Chesterfield’s sponsors has pulled out after the club signed the striker Ched Evans, three months before he faces a retrial for rape.

The fitting company HTM Products said it had withdrawn its support of the League One club “in light of recent events”.

It's much better to be signing ex academy players from Man U I'm sure.

Good.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024