Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! 17:49 - Jul 16 with 6743 viewsTalkingSutty

Never seen so many pot bellies on a football Pitch and they were all wearing Stockport shirts. For the older members of the forum try to imagine Charlie Drake lookalikes purporting to be Footballers and you get the picture. They made RNL look like Tom Daley.

We passed around them and played out from the back with no real attemp to score goals, a bit of a stroll really but the players got some miles in their legs. Stockport had one shot on target during the game and none in the second half, we could have played with no goalkeeper. Allen ran the show for us, Theo hit the bar and was denied by the keeper and Andrew converted the penalty.

The Stockport fans are now accustomed to this level of Football and seem happy with their lot. They applauded with gusto everything that moved, a simple 3 yard pass, a sponge man, a passing pigeon, performing bloody seals the lot of them. Anyway, leave them to it,they're not causing any harm.
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:07 - Jul 16 with 5344 viewschalkyncfc

Its a shame how a club with such a long and proud history as Stockport has dropped down the leagues so spectacularly, it wasn't that long ago when they was in the old Division 2 and taking on big clubs in the cup,sometimes its better to be grateful for what we have got than what we want
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:10 - Jul 16 with 5337 viewsLuke8686

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:07 - Jul 16 by chalkyncfc

Its a shame how a club with such a long and proud history as Stockport has dropped down the leagues so spectacularly, it wasn't that long ago when they was in the old Division 2 and taking on big clubs in the cup,sometimes its better to be grateful for what we have got than what we want

Don't think you'll find a lot of sympathy on here for what's happened to Stockport mate
[Post edited 16 Jul 2016 20:11]
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:12 - Jul 16 with 5331 views442Dale

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:07 - Jul 16 by chalkyncfc

It's a lesson to any club that you should do things the right way.

Their playoff win at Wembley against us meant NOTHING. Sound familiar?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:22 - Jul 16 with 5289 viewschalkyncfc

If you don't mind me saying but you lot seem to harbour a lot of grudges against a lot of clubs for a long time
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:27 - Jul 16 with 5268 views442Dale

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:22 - Jul 16 by chalkyncfc

If you don't mind me saying but you lot seem to harbour a lot of grudges against a lot of clubs for a long time

We don't mind you saying so, because it's right to do so.

By spending more time here, you're becoming a better human being. You realise now how such success is deserving of ridicule rather than celebration. You really are welcome.

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:27 - Jul 16 with 5268 viewsroccydaleian

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:22 - Jul 16 by chalkyncfc

Fook off Chalky!
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:29 - Jul 16 with 5257 viewsTalkingSutty

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:12 - Jul 16 by 442Dale

It's a lesson to any club that you should do things the right way.

Their playoff win at Wembley against us meant NOTHING. Sound familiar?

It cheated us out of a promotion,recruiting and paying players money that they couldn't possibly afford. It becomes a unlevel playing field. They loved to gloat about that victory at Wembley but there's a old saying, 'He who laughs last,laughs longest'. Bury are taking the same route and their fans are having a laugh but it'll end in tears.
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:37 - Jul 16 with 5223 viewsTalkingSutty

Correct,kick one of us and we all limp. We aren't fickle ,once you're on the list thats it. Nobody likes a cheat.
Login to get fewer ads

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:46 - Jul 16 with 5192 viewsYouTubeDale

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 21:12 - Jul 16 with 5101 viewsBigKindo

Their keeper looks familiar. Did he play for Wales at the Euros?
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 21:22 - Jul 16 with 5067 views442Dale

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 21:12 - Jul 16 by BigKindo

Their keeper looks familiar. Did he play for Wales at the Euros?

Another Welsh hero, Ashley Williams, at centre half too. Easily beaten by Murray for the first and outjumped by Alan Goodall for goal no. 2.

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 21:40 - Jul 16 with 5020 viewschalkyncfc

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 20:37 - Jul 16 by TalkingSutty

Correct,kick one of us and we all limp. We aren't fickle ,once you're on the list thats it. Nobody likes a cheat.

Does the list include all clubs named County,how do you feel about Derby?
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 21:46 - Jul 16 with 5004 viewsBigKindo

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 21:40 - Jul 16 by chalkyncfc

Wearing surgical gloves
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 21:49 - Jul 16 with 4989 viewsTalkingSutty

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 21:40 - Jul 16 by chalkyncfc

Just Nottingham and Stockport as far as i'm aware.
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 10:23 - Jul 17 with 4531 viewsboromat

At the Stockport game I over heard one of there fans explaining to a Daley that as a smaller club you can get so far up the league's but once you peak you drop down the league's and that we'll be next. I really wanted to say something but bit my lip. He obviously must think we've over spent to get where we are.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 12:39 - Jul 17 with 4345 viewschalkyncfc

Tbf I can see his point,I honestly can't see how small clubs like Rochdale and Notts survive year in and year out,look at the amount of staff they employ.the running costs of the ground and so on,three months of the year there is no income at all and the other nine only once a fortnight, I feel sorry for Dale as you have so much more major competition near by than Notts and we are finding it hard, I can see that a ground share will be the only way of survival in the future but this wouldn't go down well with either set of supporters,sadly football is so much more accessible than it was say fifty years ago,then if you wanted to see a game then you would have to go to Spotland but now you only have to switch on your mobile and you can watch one and its normal to support a team from another city now but when I was younger it was ridiculed
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 12:48 - Jul 17 with 4312 views1mark1

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 12:39 - Jul 17 by chalkyncfc

Tbf I can see his point,I honestly can't see how small clubs like Rochdale and Notts survive year in and year out,look at the amount of staff they employ.the running costs of the ground and so on,three months of the year there is no income at all and the other nine only once a fortnight, I feel sorry for Dale as you have so much more major competition near by than Notts and we are finding it hard, I can see that a ground share will be the only way of survival in the future but this wouldn't go down well with either set of supporters,sadly football is so much more accessible than it was say fifty years ago,then if you wanted to see a game then you would have to go to Spotland but now you only have to switch on your mobile and you can watch one and its normal to support a team from another city now but when I was younger it was ridiculed

We have just extracted ourselves out of a ground share, can't see us going into another.
The facts are that Rochdale are surviving financially, in most years making small profits, some bigger.

Also now we are sole owners of the ground, the club will be able to maximise the earnings from the ground, having more events etc.

Whether or not the football side of things will be able to continue to be given enough money to carry on surviving in League One and above I don't know for sure, but you know what, I think we will be ok, even if we were to go up to the Championship.

Just to add re Stockport, they spent money they did not have. They spent beyond their means, Dale don't do that, never have.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2016 12:50]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 12:50 - Jul 17 with 4300 viewsTVOS1907

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 12:39 - Jul 17 by chalkyncfc

We've developed and sold lots of players for money plus add-ons.

We've also had quite a bit of TV money and promotion prize money.

The likes of County (both of them) just spent money they didn't have.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 13:03 - Jul 17 with 4270 viewschalkyncfc

Its very thin ice that you skate on if you think that you will be fine in the future because you had some promotion prize money in the past, finding players that you can develop and sell on is fine as long as you can find those players,you have to spot them at ever younger ages because obviously lots of other clubs are on the search for them as well,as for Notts spending money that they didn't have (yet again) the point is that we thought that we did have the money and God had answered all of our dreams but became a nightmare
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 13:14 - Jul 17 with 4243 viewschalkyncfc

Out of interest how do you rate Rochdale?
They are a good League 1 side to me but that is their ceiling,if you should get promoted then there is no way that you would make to the Premier League,two years max in the Championship before you came down again,Notts fans seriously believe that our rightful place is in the Championship and its only a matter of time before we get back there,they are deluded fools,we can't get out.of League 2 never mind survive the Championship,in my opinion we have more chance of failure in the future than success
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 13:16 - Jul 17 with 4237 viewsTVOS1907

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 13:03 - Jul 17 by chalkyncfc

Its very thin ice that you skate on if you think that you will be fine in the future because you had some promotion prize money in the past, finding players that you can develop and sell on is fine as long as you can find those players,you have to spot them at ever younger ages because obviously lots of other clubs are on the search for them as well,as for Notts spending money that they didn't have (yet again) the point is that we thought that we did have the money and God had answered all of our dreams but became a nightmare

I thought I had just inherited a million pounds when I got an email from Nigeria asking for my bank details, but I didn't go out and spend it first.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 13:22 - Jul 17 with 4225 viewsColDale

It shouldn't be difficult for any professional team to break even every season. Everyone will pretty much know what their income is likely to be over the next twelve months, and you just budget your wage bill according to that. The problems only come when teams start speculating or paying wages to remain at or reach an unsustainable level. Fans across the country need to accept that and shouldn't look to any individual to subsidise their club.
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 13:26 - Jul 17 with 4211 viewscon_dale

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 13:03 - Jul 17 by chalkyncfc

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/175142/youth-system-product
Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 13:29 - Jul 17 with 4205 views442Dale

We don't think that. One look on here should tell you we are very realistic about our club and what would happen if the success were to end.

You were naive, don't worry that's not a real problem, especially as you now realise what a waste of time the last few years have been.

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 19:18 - Jul 17 with 3932 viewspioneer

Suspicions Confirmed.......Stockport are a pub team!! on 12:48 - Jul 17 by 1mark1

We have just extracted ourselves out of a ground share, can't see us going into another.
The facts are that Rochdale are surviving financially, in most years making small profits, some bigger.

Also now we are sole owners of the ground, the club will be able to maximise the earnings from the ground, having more events etc.

Whether or not the football side of things will be able to continue to be given enough money to carry on surviving in League One and above I don't know for sure, but you know what, I think we will be ok, even if we were to go up to the Championship.

Just to add re Stockport, they spent money they did not have. They spent beyond their means, Dale don't do that, never have.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2016 12:50]

We still share the ground with hornets, we have simply taken on full ownership and all that goes with it (including the bills, though we were probably paying most of them before)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024