Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bring a Friend 23:25 - Aug 15 with 2724 viewsLuke8686

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-dale-season-ticke

Would have liked to see one of the £5 ones on a Saturday instead of Tuesday
Bring a Friend on 06:07 - Aug 16 with 2652 viewswindowsbug

But you still have to go to the ticket office and get a ticket.
#yet another own goal.
Bring a Friend on 11:09 - Aug 16 with 2447 viewsrod_leach

Bring a Friend on 06:07 - Aug 16 by windowsbug

But you still have to go to the ticket office and get a ticket.
#yet another own goal.

Yes, because otherwise the turnstile operator could let someone in for £20 and keep £15 cash a number of times.
I remember working on the turnstiles at Hornets years ago and one bloke used to let adults in through the kids turnstile and keep the difference. I remember him saying it paid for his hols.
Bring a Friend on 12:54 - Aug 16 with 2352 viewswindowsbug

Bring a Friend on 11:09 - Aug 16 by rod_leach

Yes, because otherwise the turnstile operator could let someone in for £20 and keep £15 cash a number of times.
I remember working on the turnstiles at Hornets years ago and one bloke used to let adults in through the kids turnstile and keep the difference. I remember him saying it paid for his hols.

How can that happen.
The turnstiles are computer controlled and count each operation. They know how many times the turntile is used. If the monies and vouchers then don't tally, then someone's fiddling.
I can use my adult season ticket on a concession turnstile, it will get treated as an adult payment not a concession.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2016 13:23]
Bring a Friend on 13:05 - Aug 16 with 2327 viewsisitme

Bring a Friend on 12:54 - Aug 16 by windowsbug

How can that happen.
The turnstiles are computer controlled and count each operation. They know how many times the turntile is used. If the monies and vouchers then don't tally, then someone's fiddling.
I can use my adult season ticket on a concession turnstile, it will get treated as an adult payment not a concession.

As an adult season ticket holder I go through any of the turnstiles where there is no queue. Often this will be though the child/concessions one and the person manning it has never said anything.
Bring a Friend on 13:29 - Aug 16 with 2293 viewswindowsbug

Bring a Friend on 13:05 - Aug 16 by isitme

As an adult season ticket holder I go through any of the turnstiles where there is no queue. Often this will be though the child/concessions one and the person manning it has never said anything.

Exactly....
Say 200 people use the turnstile @£10
That's £2000
Now if 50 of those presented a £5 voucher the total will be short 50x £5 =£250
Therefore £2000 minus the voucher amount equals £1750.
If that amount plus the relevant vouchers are not in the turnstiles operators cash bag, then there's cause for concern.
Bring a Friend on 14:29 - Aug 16 with 2213 viewschalkyncfc

Before we got credit card type season tickets you could buy a child's ST and when it was given to you it was exactly the same as an adult ST,absolutely no difference what so ever,this went on for years before Trew came and sussed it out.... Erm not that I ever did it of course
Bring a Friend on 17:07 - Aug 16 with 2111 viewsjudd

Bring a Friend on 14:29 - Aug 16 by chalkyncfc

Before we got credit card type season tickets you could buy a child's ST and when it was given to you it was exactly the same as an adult ST,absolutely no difference what so ever,this went on for years before Trew came and sussed it out.... Erm not that I ever did it of course

What did he do - introduce joined up writing or summat?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Bring a Friend on 18:04 - Aug 16 with 2046 viewschalkyncfc

Bring a Friend on 17:07 - Aug 16 by judd

What did he do - introduce joined up writing or summat?

No he introduced credit card type season tickets
Login to get fewer ads

Bring a Friend on 18:15 - Aug 16 with 2029 views442Dale

Bring a Friend on 18:04 - Aug 16 by chalkyncfc

No he introduced credit card type season tickets

I hope it was after that season that meant nothing. Did you all get your money back after that campaign?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Bring a Friend on 18:44 - Aug 16 with 1988 viewsdingdangblue

Bring a Friend on 11:09 - Aug 16 by rod_leach

Where did he go? Pwllheli Butlin's?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bring a Friend on 19:55 - Aug 16 with 1924 viewsrod_leach

Bring a Friend on 12:54 - Aug 16 by windowsbug

How can that happen.

Oops, forgot about the voucher. You are right.
Bring a Friend on 23:14 - Aug 16 with 1840 viewsNinco

I know they are going to give out these tickets for games that don't normally attract a big crowd, but surely it would make more sense to give them out for the big games. For example, Joe Bloggs who doesn't normally go to Dale games decides to go with a friend on one of these tickets and watches a drab game on a wet Tuesday night against some boring team with no atmosphere and a low attendance and decides it didn't appeal to him and goes to watch Oldham or Bury instead...or, Joe Bloggs goes to a Saturday derby game on one of these tickets, sees a big crowd, a good atmosphere, a cracking game etc, and decides he likes it and wants to go watching Dale every week.

If you want to keep them coming, you need to get them in to a decent game.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024