Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Respect for the Football Club!! 17:59 - Aug 27 with 9802 viewsTalkingSutty

Things aren't right are they? Ask yourself a question, do you support Keith Hill or the Football Club, the correct answer is the Football Club. He's been great for us Hilly but after scrutinising his recent recruitment of players, his comment about having the opportunity to move to other Clubs,I am left with the distinct feeling that his time at Rochdale is coming to an end. In a nutshell I reckon he's lost his mojo, his hunger or whatever you want to call it. I think he's gutted that the Bolton and Blackburns didn't come knocking in the Close Season.

The recruitment of Thompson, RNL and no doubt Holness given the chance, is the work of a manager who doesn't have the desire to push the team forward and better what we had only a few months previous, i can't see how anybody can argue that point?.

We have a Chairman and a bunch of Directors, their credentials can't really be questioned because they love the Club even though some of their decisions Have been poor at times and I think it's now the time to sit Hill down and remind him who runs the Club and who pays the wages. Find out what direction Hill wants to go in because it's quite obvious he's treading water at the moment, if he's not happy then a parting of the ways should be sorted out. If he's 100% committed to staying and pushing us onwards then excellent.

The Future of the Football Club is more important than Keith Hills and if he's just plodding along until the next opportunity comes along then it's the Club who will suffer. I don't buy into the theory that he's had his budget slashed that's a non starter but the whole atmosphere around the Club at the moment is downbeat and the recruitment of certain players can only be described as flabbergasting.

I fully expect to get flamed for this post but somebody as got to ask the question.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:01 - Aug 27 with 5472 viewsKnowlesy

Agree wholeheartedly. He's lost his way and needs to either be brought back from the brink if possible or moved on. He's not the only football manager in the country - Burton have replaced good managers with other good managers there's no fundamental reason why we can't do the same IF it's necessary.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:11 - Aug 27 with 5380 viewsDaleFan7

I for one wont flame you for this post as its spot on. He thinks he's to big for the club and the decisions and recruitment at the moment are proving that he isnt. Compounded by how he reacts and interact with fans is appalling, something needs to change and needs to change fast and if that is Hill leaving then I wouldnt be one bit bothered.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:13 - Aug 27 with 5357 viewsShun

I'll disagree. Hill's mentioning of how he could've gone to another club was nothing more than a muscle-flexing show of arrogance. Throughout his time here he's bigged himself up. This was nothing new.

The recruitment of RNL and Thompson is more, in my eyes, a sign of how hard quality recruitment on such a draconian budget is, rather than any sign of giving up. He's signed players he knows simply because he needs bodies.

I haven't watched or listened to a Hill interview in my life but I haven't seen anything to suggest he's lost his mojo or his passion for improving this football club. The current negativity around the club is perhaps making everything seem darker so every little incident that would've previously just been seen as typical Hill is now being scrutinised more closely and cynically than ever. I'm struggling to see any evidence that he's lost his passion, I really am. The arguments put forward are nothing new. He's made out that he can do better than us before, he's made poor signings before, and he's used perplexing tactics before. The fact that he's doing them all again and they've coincided with a spell of poor form (that's really all I believe this is!) doesn't give us the right to question the man's passion, commitment, and therefore his professionalism as a football manager.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2016 18:14]
Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:17 - Aug 27 with 5321 viewsBrierls

I support the club. The board of directors and Keith Hill (and his staff) have overseen arguably the best times this club has ever had. Surely that is what it's about? The team you love being successful against the odds?

I am literally shaking my head in disbelief. I don't understand at all.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:35 - Aug 27 with 5219 viewsTalkingSutty

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:17 - Aug 27 by Brierls

I support the club. The board of directors and Keith Hill (and his staff) have overseen arguably the best times this club has ever had. Surely that is what it's about? The team you love being successful against the odds?

I am literally shaking my head in disbelief. I don't understand at all.

I'm asking if he's had enough, not for him to be sacked. His recruitment of certain players makes me ask that question, don't you agree?
Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:37 - Aug 27 with 5178 viewsDaleFan7

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:35 - Aug 27 by TalkingSutty

I'm asking if he's had enough, not for him to be sacked. His recruitment of certain players makes me ask that question, don't you agree?

Like you say, some fans have their head so far up his arse they cant come out.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:37 - Aug 27 with 5177 viewsSalwaDale

I don't agree and I really don't think he's had enough. He's arrogant, but always has been. And we lap it up when things are going well. His reaction today was clearly wrong but I get where he is coming from.

I do wish he'd do being do stubborn with Henderson though. He's not a midfielder or a captain in my opinion.

TBBT

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:41 - Aug 27 with 5133 viewsDaleFan7

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:37 - Aug 27 by SalwaDale

I don't agree and I really don't think he's had enough. He's arrogant, but always has been. And we lap it up when things are going well. His reaction today was clearly wrong but I get where he is coming from.

I do wish he'd do being do stubborn with Henderson though. He's not a midfielder or a captain in my opinion.

I'll react to paying customers the same way he has to do when I go to work on Tuesday. See how long i last.
Login to get fewer ads

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:41 - Aug 27 with 5126 viewsD_Alien

I'll agree, but I wish people would stop adding "I'll get flamed for this post" when they're simply putting forward their opinions

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:44 - Aug 27 with 5095 viewsClivert

Who would people replace Hill with?
Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:44 - Aug 27 with 5094 viewsSalwaDale

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:41 - Aug 27 by DaleFan7

I'll react to paying customers the same way he has to do when I go to work on Tuesday. See how long i last.

Are you saying he should be fired? I agree that he should apologise but I don't see that the incident means he's lost his mojo completely.

TBBT

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:47 - Aug 27 with 5059 viewsBrierls

I'm as baffled by the signings of RNL and Thompson just as much as anybody else. I found it disheartening. I think questions need to be asked about the budget available to Hill if that's the calibre of player we can realistically expect to sign, rather than Hill's desire to make us successful.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:48 - Aug 27 with 5056 viewsTVOS1907

I knew I shouldn't have mentioned that 2-1 home defeat to Fulham 20 years ago.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:52 - Aug 27 with 5001 viewsKenBoon

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:41 - Aug 27 by DaleFan7

Do you manage a Professional Football Club? Unless you do then it makes no difference. Stop being dramatic. Ditto with the apologies nonsense other people are saying. If folk aren't happy then contact "the front office".
Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:56 - Aug 27 with 4968 viewsDaleFan7

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:52 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

Do you manage a Professional Football Club? Unless you do then it makes no difference. Stop being dramatic. Ditto with the apologies nonsense other people are saying. If folk aren't happy then contact "the front office".

Lets pay our money every week to let the board and manager treat fans alike like shite then. Im sure that will solve the problem of the crap on the pictch and the low attendances out in no time.

If Hill cant handle a couple of fans on his back after some bad performances and questionable signings and selections then it says a lot to me.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:00 - Aug 27 with 4937 views442Dale

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:52 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

Why would it be nonsense to expect someone to apologise if their behaviour went beyond what is deemed acceptable?

I don't know if it did btw, being general. But there's never an excuse for a club employee to swear at supporters. If the fans are deemed to have gone too far, point it out to a steward and let them deal with it.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:04 - Aug 27 with 4915 viewsKenBoon

How much of this is the results and how much is it a case of this years squad being worse that last? I found Spotland depressing today. If felt empty (emptier than usual). The side were very poor and we were against a poor side. It didn't feel hapless though. F**k knows it has felt like that in the past. Unless something dumb happens then the stuff on the pitch should improve. It is the stuff off the pitch that concerned me.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:08 - Aug 27 with 4883 viewsNinco

We all know that in any sport, it is easy to lose your rag and vent your anger, and we expect that to happen from time to time, but it's not putting it right that annoyed me. If Hill had stopped as he walked down the tunnel, waved his hand and said sorry, it would have gone some way towards making the fans feel better, but he chose instead to give another facial gesture which to me said he couldn't care less that he had upset people.

There was then an opportunity for the directors to apologise on his behalf which would have helped to restore our faith in the club, but instead they chose to move us on and retreated to the safety of their lounge. It would have been so much easier for them to say we will discuss it on Monday and make a statement on the web site instead of causing further bitterness by moving us on.

I have been following Dale for over 30 years and I think a lot of people sat around the dugouts have been there just as long. We have seen so many directors and managers who thought they were bigger and better than the club and they come and go and are now long forgotten and I expect the same will happen to this lot.

Today's attendance was lower than most league 2 games and Hill has now created a massive divide between the club and the fans which will be hard to turn around, so I expect that there will be even less people there at the next game. They will always get the die hard fans that have been through the bad times so many times before, but news like this travels fast and it wont encourage new fans to come and support Dale which is what they desperately need right now.

Good luck to the directors as I really can't see how they can turn this one around.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:10 - Aug 27 with 4864 viewsDaleFan7

Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:04 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

How much of this is the results and how much is it a case of this years squad being worse that last? I found Spotland depressing today. If felt empty (emptier than usual). The side were very poor and we were against a poor side. It didn't feel hapless though. F**k knows it has felt like that in the past. Unless something dumb happens then the stuff on the pitch should improve. It is the stuff off the pitch that concerned me.

Results are bad, the squad hasnt been lessened by releasing players and not recruiting. What happens of the pitch will have an affect on what happens on it, adverse or not.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:11 - Aug 27 with 4858 views442Dale

Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:04 - Aug 27 by KenBoon

Off the pitch, as many expressed concern about at the time, the season ticket fiasco has caused damage to the bond between the club and supporters. Hopefully this can be addressed by the new Chief Exec, and to be fair his statements yesterday indicate that may occur.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:11 - Aug 27 with 4858 viewsJamest1994

What about the signings of mcgahey, canavan, davies and logan, were they not signed with the purpose of improving the team? We cant just expect improvement every year, it isnt that easy.

I see a lot of fans saying they would be happy with a 19th place finish, but then overreact when we go through a poor spell of form.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:11 - Aug 27 with 4852 viewsTalkingSutty

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:41 - Aug 27 by D_Alien

I'll agree, but I wish people would stop adding "I'll get flamed for this post" when they're simply putting forward their opinions

I know, if I'm being honest i don't give a flying **** either way!!😄😀
Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:17 - Aug 27 with 4803 viewsNinco

I remember a time before when Hill wasn't getting on with the fans, and he spent about 2 months sitting in the stand and letting Flitcroft run things. He said it was because he could see the game better, but I always wondered if there was more to it and the directors had told him to sit there so he didn't lose it with the fans. It will be interesting to see if he is sat in the stands at the next game.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:20 - Aug 27 with 4774 viewsTalkingSutty

Respect for the Football Club!! on 18:44 - Aug 27 by Clivert

Who would people replace Hill with?

Tricky one that, it's all trial and error and there are never any guarantees but if we all believe there's no life after Hill then we might as well build houses on the Stadium. It's a very poor mindset if you believe the very existence of the Club revolves around the manager, he's going to leave at some stage.
Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:23 - Aug 27 with 4761 viewsKenBoon

Respect for the Football Club!! on 19:00 - Aug 27 by 442Dale

Why would it be nonsense to expect someone to apologise if their behaviour went beyond what is deemed acceptable?

I don't know if it did btw, being general. But there's never an excuse for a club employee to swear at supporters. If the fans are deemed to have gone too far, point it out to a steward and let them deal with it.

When I said apologise I meant publicly. My current getting old rant is people demanding folk publicly apologise for stuff that they shouldn't. I blame social media. I hate social media moaners. I agree with what you say though. Stuff like that (in any surrounding) should be handled professionally.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024