Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Yesterday 09:18 - Oct 2 with 3609 viewsLuke8686

Great win yesterday, fully deserved, amazing to see what a difference a few wins, a bit of confidence and a bit of luck can make!

I really enjoyed yesterday, but there was one thing that did put a slight dampener on the day. I was talking to a guy on the train on the way up that riled me a little bit. We were getting on quite well until he mentioned the fact that he makes the effort to go to all our away games, without bothering to go to any home games.

In some circumstances, this can be understandable. Location for a start - as is the case for me, I live a long way from Spotland so can only go to the odd home game. Financial reasons also - we all know how the club has priced out a lot of fans in recent times. But this guys reason was 'lack of atmosphere' and 'can't be bothered'. He lives 2 miles from Spotland and doesn't bother to turn up while he is willing to get up at 4:30am for an away match at Charlton. The mind boggles.

Bit ironic because our 'lack of atmosphere' is down to fans like him who can't be bothered to show up on a Saturday. I do hope that he is in a minority within our fanbase.
Yesterday on 09:25 - Oct 2 with 3575 viewsDaleiLama

Got a mate who lives in Marple and only ever went to Imps away games. Never missed one and organised pub crawls at each venue with other away fans. Never went to any home games. He subsequently bought a season ticket for home games, so maybe there's hope yet?

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Yesterday on 09:50 - Oct 2 with 3505 views442Dale

That's why it's important we get the pricing right to get those people to turn up regularly at Spotland.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Yesterday on 10:15 - Oct 2 with 3439 views_dezzy

If its who I think it is, He has done it for years. He says he just likes the trip out. I don't see a problem.

KHBA

Yesterday on 10:38 - Oct 2 with 3368 viewsTVOS1907

Yesterday on 10:15 - Oct 2 by _dezzy

If its who I think it is, He has done it for years. He says he just likes the trip out. I don't see a problem.

Choosing to put his money into other clubs and the transport system instead of Dale seems a bit odd.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Yesterday on 10:42 - Oct 2 with 3358 viewsmacro

Could be banned from Home games.
Yesterday on 19:26 - Oct 2 with 3103 viewsantmarina

I also encountered this bloke, on the platform at London Cannon Street tube station, taking to a few other dale fans.

Amazing but his own choice. As an exile myself away games do provide an excellent atmosphere and seeing the same faces you recognise from 25 years ago gives it a homely edge. Also being able to say you were at a few of HIllys best away games, as mentioned on the other thread, is quite something.
Yesterday on 20:08 - Oct 2 with 2986 viewsR17ALE

Yesterday on 19:26 - Oct 2 by antmarina

I also encountered this bloke, on the platform at London Cannon Street tube station, taking to a few other dale fans.

Amazing but his own choice. As an exile myself away games do provide an excellent atmosphere and seeing the same faces you recognise from 25 years ago gives it a homely edge. Also being able to say you were at a few of HIllys best away games, as mentioned on the other thread, is quite something.

I was one of the Dale train family yesterday and Cannon Street station felt like being in the Sandy such were the numbers and the giddy atmosphere, amongst the younger ones!

To anyone who hasn't done a SE away game on the train, try it. If you book around 12 weeks in advance you can usually pick up a cheap deal. I think I paid about £30 return yesterday. We left Piccadilly around 10.20am and I was in the ground before 2pm. And I was home by half 9!

The upcoming Gillingham game is a good train one too. Get a deal to Euston from Piccadilly on-line. Then from Euston it's a five minute walk to St. Pancras where you get an over ground train straight to Gillingham and the ground is a ten minute walk away. You could leave home at 10am and easily make kick off if the connections are suitable.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Yesterday on 21:40 - Oct 2 with 2790 viewsTVOS1907

Yesterday on 20:08 - Oct 2 by R17ALE

I was one of the Dale train family yesterday and Cannon Street station felt like being in the Sandy such were the numbers and the giddy atmosphere, amongst the younger ones!

To anyone who hasn't done a SE away game on the train, try it. If you book around 12 weeks in advance you can usually pick up a cheap deal. I think I paid about £30 return yesterday. We left Piccadilly around 10.20am and I was in the ground before 2pm. And I was home by half 9!

The upcoming Gillingham game is a good train one too. Get a deal to Euston from Piccadilly on-line. Then from Euston it's a five minute walk to St. Pancras where you get an over ground train straight to Gillingham and the ground is a ten minute walk away. You could leave home at 10am and easily make kick off if the connections are suitable.

Aye, but bear in mind that the £30-£35 is with a railcard of some description.

Login to get fewer ads

Yesterday on 17:11 - Oct 3 with 2505 views_dezzy

Traveling on a Saturday. Go on trainline, , like Razz says book early, you can get a Saturday travelcard that covers the underground, (got us to Charlton from Euston ) costs about £41 return. Obviously wont get you to Gillingham, but will cover all London grounds.

KHBA

Yesterday on 19:23 - Oct 3 with 2367 viewsDickydaler

Yesterday on 17:11 - Oct 3 by _dezzy

Traveling on a Saturday. Go on trainline, , like Razz says book early, you can get a Saturday travelcard that covers the underground, (got us to Charlton from Euston ) costs about £41 return. Obviously wont get you to Gillingham, but will cover all London grounds.

If you booked Piccadilly to Charlton, you got the tube transfer from Euston to Cannon St included, and return, thrown in. No need to buy a separate card. (Unless I'm misunderstanding you?)
Yesterday on 20:38 - Oct 3 with 2257 views_dezzy

Yesterday on 19:23 - Oct 3 by Dickydaler

If you booked Piccadilly to Charlton, you got the tube transfer from Euston to Cannon St included, and return, thrown in. No need to buy a separate card. (Unless I'm misunderstanding you?)

The ticket is called Saturday day travelcard, its return from Manchester to Euston, and includes all day travel on the underground. And is £41.20

KHBA

Yesterday on 16:04 - Oct 4 with 1916 viewsDickydaler

Yesterday on 20:38 - Oct 3 by _dezzy

The ticket is called Saturday day travelcard, its return from Manchester to Euston, and includes all day travel on the underground. And is £41.20

Didn't know about that travel card. Thanks Dezzy.
Yesterday on 16:32 - Oct 4 with 1885 viewsonedalefan

Never use Trainline. Everything that they offer is available on actual train company websites which often offer cheaper fares that they don't allow Trainline to sell. Trainline also charges to get the tickets to you whereas train companies allow you to pick up at any station for no additional charge.
Yesterday on 18:17 - Oct 4 with 1764 viewsTVOS1907

Yesterday on 16:32 - Oct 4 by onedalefan

Never use Trainline. Everything that they offer is available on actual train company websites which often offer cheaper fares that they don't allow Trainline to sell. Trainline also charges to get the tickets to you whereas train companies allow you to pick up at any station for no additional charge.

Trainline also offer the latter service.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024