Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club Statement 13:03 - Nov 6 with 4967 viewsThe_DJ

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/statement-calvin-andrew-340243
Club Statement on 13:13 - Nov 6 with 4907 viewsdingdangblue

That reads like the matter isn't over with.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Club Statement on 13:17 - Nov 6 with 4863 viewsfitzochris

More importantly, it clarifies the club's current position.

Now, let's enjoy the FA Cup match.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Club Statement on 13:22 - Nov 6 with 4817 viewsNafelad

It also explains the Club's silence so far. I'm now wondering about Clarke and Oldham's silence - is there something they don't want to admit to, in regards to provocation of the incident?

Topcat

Club Statement on 13:25 - Nov 6 with 4764 viewsmingthemerciless

Club Statement on 13:22 - Nov 6 by Nafelad

It also explains the Club's silence so far. I'm now wondering about Clarke and Oldham's silence - is there something they don't want to admit to, in regards to provocation of the incident?

It says he's admitted to the offence. Would he do that if there were mitigating circumstances ?
Club Statement on 13:27 - Nov 6 with 4739 viewsD_Alien

The club have put out the minimum allowed under the circumstances

The FA Cup match will be enjoyed whether a statement had been made or not

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Club Statement on 13:28 - Nov 6 with 4717 viewsfitzochris

Club Statement on 13:25 - Nov 6 by mingthemerciless

It says he's admitted to the offence. Would he do that if there were mitigating circumstances ?

He couldn't not admit to the offence. He did it. It's there for all to see.

I imagine the PFA will now put his mitigation forward. That's a whole separate argument, however.

Club Statement on 13:31 - Nov 6 with 4675 viewsfitzochris

Club Statement on 13:27 - Nov 6 by D_Alien

But they've put something out instead of nothing. As they should have done.

The enjoyment of the FA Cup is subjective.

Club Statement on 13:32 - Nov 6 with 4658 views442Dale

Club Statement on 13:27 - Nov 6 by D_Alien

Maybe, but I'm glad they have done that. Reports like that seen in the Guardian will take a different slant now - more of a 'wait and see' theme.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Login to get fewer ads

Club Statement on 13:34 - Nov 6 with 4636 viewsD_Dale

Club Statement on 13:17 - Nov 6 by fitzochris

More importantly, it clarifies the club's current position.

Now, let's enjoy the FA Cup match.

But doesn't clarify it much. (And I'd struggle to say that phrase " proper, proportionate and appropriate representations" five times after a couple of drinks.)

Still, better now to focus on what's happening on the field. Starting with this afternoon's potential banana skin.
Club Statement on 13:34 - Nov 6 with 4626 viewsD_Alien

Club Statement on 13:31 - Nov 6 by fitzochris

But they've put something out instead of nothing. As they should have done.

The enjoyment of the FA Cup is subjective.

It takes time to agree the right form of words, and they've rightly taken their time, no doubt after thorough scrutiny. A more carefully-worded statement I doubt we'll ever see emanating from the club.

Club Statement on 13:35 - Nov 6 with 4587 viewsD_Alien

Club Statement on 13:34 - Nov 6 by D_Dale

But doesn't clarify it much. (And I'd struggle to say that phrase " proper, proportionate and appropriate representations" five times after a couple of drinks.)

Still, better now to focus on what's happening on the field. Starting with this afternoon's potential banana skin.

I'd struggle to say it once after five drinks

Club Statement on 13:37 - Nov 6 with 4555 viewsjudd

Club Statement on 13:32 - Nov 6 by 442Dale

Maybe, but I'm glad they have done that. Reports like that seen in the Guardian will take a different slant now - more of a 'wait and see' theme.

I wouldn't worry about the Guardian.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Club Statement on 13:37 - Nov 6 with 4563 viewsfitzochris

Club Statement on 13:34 - Nov 6 by D_Dale

It clarifies that the club is awaiting an outcome of the PFA representing Calvin. The matter is clearly not over.

It also means future media articles cannot say we are remaining "disappointingly silent" on the matter.

Club Statement on 13:40 - Nov 6 with 4501 viewsjudd

Club Statement on 13:37 - Nov 6 by fitzochris

It clarifies that the club is awaiting an outcome of the PFA representing Calvin. The matter is clearly not over.

It also means future media articles cannot say we are remaining "disappointingly silent" on the matter.

Spot on Fitzo and perfect timing by the club. It's a very good statement by the club in my opinion.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Club Statement on 13:44 - Nov 6 with 4455 viewsNafelad

Of course he's admitted the offence - he did it! My comment is to do with the provocation.

Topcat

Club Statement on 13:46 - Nov 6 with 4424 viewsBartRowou

I can't imagine Latics are looking forward to being dragged into it after their recent media bashings.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Club Statement (n/t) on 14:41 - Nov 6 with 4192 viewsDale23years

[Post edited 6 Nov 2016 14:43]

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Club Statement on 14:46 - Nov 6 with 4147 viewsSuddenLad

He would have to admit it given the footage. Provocation is no excuse. He may well have other factors he wants to mention but that can only be used in mitigation. That won't excuse his actions, but may explain why he did it.

Best hope is for a reduced ban in terms of number of games. Perhaps down to six.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement on 15:03 - Nov 6 with 3994 viewsolympicdale

Sounds like Andrew has enlisted the help of the PFA to make his case, it could be why there has been silence on the matter, from Andrew personally, interesting to see what evidence comes out.

Life is a game of fate.

Club Statement on 17:34 - Nov 6 with 3584 viewswroughtironron

I hope that the Club make it clear that such violent thuggery has no place at Spotland, and that the actions of Andrew are condemned for the potential injury he could have caused the Oldham defender and for getting a lengthy ban making him unavailable for selection for 12 games
Club Statement on 10:18 - Nov 7 with 3038 viewsaleanddale

Club Statement on 17:34 - Nov 6 by wroughtironron

I hope that the Club make it clear that such violent thuggery has no place at Spotland, and that the actions of Andrew are condemned for the potential injury he could have caused the Oldham defender and for getting a lengthy ban making him unavailable for selection for 12 games

Me too.

Kept my powder dry until now with no comment on the matter more in disbelief and shock than anything else.

Glad Calvin is full of remorse. He can come back from this I expect we will see a carefully worded statement and apology from him this week.

Just no room in football for this loutish behaviour. Certainly not at this club.

The above said with the apology I will support him when he returns to the team in 11 games time.
Club Statement on 10:44 - Nov 7 with 2977 viewsSuddenLad

Club Statement on 10:18 - Nov 7 by aleanddale

Me too.

Kept my powder dry until now with no comment on the matter more in disbelief and shock than anything else.

Glad Calvin is full of remorse. He can come back from this I expect we will see a carefully worded statement and apology from him this week.

Just no room in football for this loutish behaviour. Certainly not at this club.

The above said with the apology I will support him when he returns to the team in 11 games time.

Whether Calvin wants to make a public statement or not, he will be following legal advice, both from the club solicitor and the PFA.

If the club are to consider an appeal, I can't magine any kind of statement until those decisions are finalised.

Subsequent to any appeal, successful or otherwise, then I'm sure we can expect some kind of comments from all parties.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Club Statement on 11:10 - Nov 7 with 2909 viewsDaleiLama

Club Statement on 10:44 - Nov 7 by SuddenLad

Whether Calvin wants to make a public statement or not, he will be following legal advice, both from the club solicitor and the PFA.

If the club are to consider an appeal, I can't magine any kind of statement until those decisions are finalised.

Subsequent to any appeal, successful or otherwise, then I'm sure we can expect some kind of comments from all parties.

Agree - potentially prejudicial remarks certainly won't be made before the appeal and I expect bland (but not well-meant) statements of contrition will be made after it.

Then there's the drip-feed from the grapevine.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024