Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good attendance, but where is the drum?? 17:22 - Dec 26 with 2809 viewsRAFC1907

3800+ today, must of been around 800 Chesterfield fans.

Where is the young lad with the drum from the Pearl Street? Let's get the atmosphere better which is what these players deserve who are playing the best football we have ever seen at Spotland.

If anybody knows him, I want him there on Friday night and everyone in the Pearl making it a noisy night.

Up the Dale

Poll: Bottomley...

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 17:29 - Dec 26 with 2768 viewsdeeplishblue

It was great seeing a few extra today but the club needs to do improve the catering situation people were queueing for 20 minutes in the main stand to get a brew. If a big gate is expected can we not have some temporary facilities set up to service the extra people?

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:07 - Dec 26 with 2565 viewsDaleFan7

Wasn't there thankfully. If a crowd the size we had today can't create and atmosphere without a drum then it's a poor do.
Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:09 - Dec 26 with 2544 viewsRAFC_1990

I would say 600 Chesterfield fans, either way good turnout but looked like more? Main Stand was brimming. Same again Friday night please.

P.S Get the drummer back!

Poll: Halifax or Chorley? If any which game are you going?

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:10 - Dec 26 with 2538 viewsD_Alien

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:07 - Dec 26 by DaleFan7

Wasn't there thankfully. If a crowd the size we had today can't create and atmosphere without a drum then it's a poor do.

They did

No drum needed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:21 - Dec 26 with 2469 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:10 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

They did

No drum needed

Great to see the Main Stand packed today......the Sandy not so busy.

Plenty of new faces around......but not the most inspiring game for the neutral fan,despite a great result.

The food kiosks were ultra busy and the 2 new boys in Sandy were struggling.....NO PIES at half time! Freezing in the queue too. I suspect the takings in the Radcliffe were decent though?

Same again Friday night no doubt.......luv it.
Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:31 - Dec 26 with 2394 viewsdalenumber2

'Wasn't there thankfully' ???
Why do you call yourself Dale fan then?
Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:32 - Dec 26 with 2393 viewsroccydaleian

Pathetic.
Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:33 - Dec 26 with 2385 viewsD_Alien

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:21 - Dec 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

Plenty of new faces around......but not the most inspiring game for the neutral fan,despite a great result.

The food kiosks were ultra busy and the 2 new boys in Sandy were struggling.....NO PIES at half time! Freezing in the queue too. I suspect the takings in the Radcliffe were decent though?

One of the biggest drawbacks to being a Dale regular over the years has been whenever we have a surge in interest, or a bank holiday crowd, the results have gone against us, and the usual 'I don't know why I bothered' routine gets trotted out

The wind made flowing football dificult, but we did enough today to show even the most cynical newbies that we've got something going we haven't had before - perhaps not even in previous L1 seasons under Hilly

And we won - comfortably. Not all the new faces will be back on Friday, but when they decide they're able to splash the cash again, their memories will be good ones

[Post edited 26 Dec 2016 18:40]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:34 - Dec 26 with 2365 viewsDaleFan7

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:21 - Dec 26 by Yorkshire_Dale

Dale bar and Radcliffe were packed before the game and at HT. The queue for resfreshments was rpund the main stand for the first time in a long time. Was good to see. With the football as good as it is hopefully a few more people will start to co.e regularly again.
Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 19:01 - Dec 26 with 2217 viewsSandyDrum

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:34 - Dec 26 by DaleFan7

Dale bar and Radcliffe were packed before the game and at HT. The queue for resfreshments was rpund the main stand for the first time in a long time. Was good to see. With the football as good as it is hopefully a few more people will start to co.e regularly again.

It was my birthday yesterday so I was celebrating with my family today, my apologies.

I'm hoping to attend V Shrewsbury.

Wish I'd chosen a different username...

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 19:24 - Dec 26 with 2075 viewsTVOS1907

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:31 - Dec 26 by dalenumber2

'Wasn't there thankfully' ???
Why do you call yourself Dale fan then?

I think he means the drum wasn't there.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 19:52 - Dec 26 with 1990 viewsdalenumber2

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 19:24 - Dec 26 by TVOS1907

I think he means the drum wasn't there.

Hah my bad. A bit ambiguous though to be fair.
Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 20:53 - Dec 26 with 1829 viewspedrodale

Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 18:33 - Dec 26 by D_Alien

One of the biggest drawbacks to being a Dale regular over the years has been whenever we have a surge in interest, or a bank holiday crowd, the results have gone against us, and the usual 'I don't know why I bothered' routine gets trotted out

The wind made flowing football dificult, but we did enough today to show even the most cynical newbies that we've got something going we haven't had before - perhaps not even in previous L1 seasons under Hilly

And we won - comfortably. Not all the new faces will be back on Friday, but when they decide they're able to splash the cash again, their memories will be good ones

[Post edited 26 Dec 2016 18:40]

Agree with all this but with the half a season tickets kicking in for Fridays game there could be a decent turn out
Good attendance, but where is the drum?? on 21:21 - Dec 26 with 1729 viewsboromat

Brilliant to see a good attendance and to get a result that hopefully will see many of them return soon.

I do wish people came with open minds though. I get the impression people expect to be watching Barcelona. The first half was a typical struggling team away from home parking the bus and we had the difficult job of putting enough pressure on to get a first goal without leaving gaps for the chesterfield counter to take advantage of. We did this to perfection! The comments near me were of frustration that we weren't doing enough. Second half we then came out and could play in a more open game with Chesterfield forced to open up being a goal down and we picked them off. A perfect professional job done and we played some good stuff at times but deserved to win on effort and determination alone. Luckily didn't hear any comments after the final whistle as the left with 5 mins to go

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024