Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Curse 18:16 - Feb 4 with 4073 viewsThe_DJ

continues..................
The Curse on 18:36 - Feb 4 with 3995 views442Dale

The 'notgettingselections/subsrightandthepitchisn'tplayingtoogreat' curse?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

The Curse on 19:42 - Feb 4 with 3840 viewsDaleiLama

......... and the world is flat

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

The Curse on 13:17 - Feb 6 with 3365 viewsSuggers

Leicester have the year long version of the curse.
The Curse on 07:45 - Feb 10 with 3005 viewsClivert

Uwe Rosler of Fleetwood named January's manager of the month.
😉
The Curse on 20:26 - Feb 25 with 2613 viewsdawlishdale

The Curse on 07:45 - Feb 10 by Clivert

Uwe Rosler of Fleetwood named January's manager of the month.
😉

And on the curse goes.

No L1 wins since Hill was given the January award... a string of long term injuries, the pitch mystery, a few strange signings in January and some baffling selection/formation decisions by the Manager again today leading to our play off hopes fast becoming a distant dream.

Have to say, our defence was awful beyond belief today... Calvin probably the pick of them. Such rank bad defending from the 2 centre backs. McNulty again at fault for the opening goal.

Obviously; it's selective, this curse lark, as Fleetwood seem to be going from strength to strength with their ex Daley's playing a full part again today.
The Curse on 20:30 - Feb 25 with 2586 views442Dale

The Curse on 20:26 - Feb 25 by dawlishdale

And on the curse goes.

No L1 wins since Hill was given the January award... a string of long term injuries, the pitch mystery, a few strange signings in January and some baffling selection/formation decisions by the Manager again today leading to our play off hopes fast becoming a distant dream.

Have to say, our defence was awful beyond belief today... Calvin probably the pick of them. Such rank bad defending from the 2 centre backs. McNulty again at fault for the opening goal.

Obviously; it's selective, this curse lark, as Fleetwood seem to be going from strength to strength with their ex Daley's playing a full part again today.

Having seen it, McNulty was really poor for that first goal. We've reached a point where whoever plays a centre half is costing us at the moment which is why it has to be worth giving McGahey a decent run there alongside Keane.

However, much as a back four isn't helped by an ever changing keeper, nor are a central two assisted by not having regular selections alongside them at full back.

Great point about Fleetwood, they're have a brilliant season.

The Curse on 20:42 - Feb 25 with 2510 viewsdawlishdale

The Curse on 20:30 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

Having seen it, McNulty was really poor for that first goal. We've reached a point where whoever plays a centre half is costing us at the moment which is why it has to be worth giving McGahey a decent run there alongside Keane.

However, much as a back four isn't helped by an ever changing keeper, nor are a central two assisted by not having regular selections alongside them at full back.

Great point about Fleetwood, they're have a brilliant season.

He's been as poor if not poorer than Canavan in terms of playing well for 85 minutes but then having a 5 minute nightmare which almost invariably leads to one or two goals.

Tough decision for Hill on who he plays on Tuesday. McGahey too is prone to some big mistakes.

I'd play Keane and Canavan, with McGahey on the left side. Presuming Raff is now out, it would have to be Cannon at RB.

I thought the ref was too quick to make his decisions regarding cards today, although Rafferty was stupid and deserved 2 yellows... McDermott a little unlucky from very near the incident, although a rash challenge, it looked like he made some contact with the ball, but he did leave the ground... watch how quick the ref had a red card out though.

Annoyingly, I'm now near London for work until Wednesday, and won't be coming for the Port Vale game, despite it being £1.
The Curse on 20:50 - Feb 25 with 2481 views442Dale

The Curse on 20:42 - Feb 25 by dawlishdale

He's been as poor if not poorer than Canavan in terms of playing well for 85 minutes but then having a 5 minute nightmare which almost invariably leads to one or two goals.

Tough decision for Hill on who he plays on Tuesday. McGahey too is prone to some big mistakes.

I'd play Keane and Canavan, with McGahey on the left side. Presuming Raff is now out, it would have to be Cannon at RB.

I thought the ref was too quick to make his decisions regarding cards today, although Rafferty was stupid and deserved 2 yellows... McDermott a little unlucky from very near the incident, although a rash challenge, it looked like he made some contact with the ball, but he did leave the ground... watch how quick the ref had a red card out though.

Annoyingly, I'm now near London for work until Wednesday, and won't be coming for the Port Vale game, despite it being £1.

McGahey at left back? Did he play really well there today because if so fair enough. If not we've two proper left backs in the squad, Taylor definitely deserves a chance at least. Doubt Canavan will be back after Hill's view on his header that led to Charlton's equaliser last week, but you can never tell. Across the back four we've been short of someone truly solid all season, Eastham has been a big miss.

As posted elsewhere, I can see arguments for whether the cards could have been different, though nobody coud really claim they were terrible decisions. All on our own choices.

Login to get fewer ads

The Curse on 21:07 - Feb 25 with 2429 views49thseason

And this from a ref who historically has been rather slow to even book, never mind send off players. Makes you wonder if someone had a "word" with him.
28/88/4 Games /Yellow /Red this season up to but not including today
31/91/2 (2015/16)
30/87/3 (2014/15)
31/95/6 (2013/14)
29/69/4 (2012/13)
The Curse on 21:15 - Feb 25 with 2400 viewsdawlishdale

The Curse on 20:50 - Feb 25 by 442Dale

McGahey at left back? Did he play really well there today because if so fair enough. If not we've two proper left backs in the squad, Taylor definitely deserves a chance at least. Doubt Canavan will be back after Hill's view on his header that led to Charlton's equaliser last week, but you can never tell. Across the back four we've been short of someone truly solid all season, Eastham has been a big miss.

As posted elsewhere, I can see arguments for whether the cards could have been different, though nobody coud really claim they were terrible decisions. All on our own choices.

Had completely forgotten about Taylor...only saw him for just over half a game, before he disappeared. Another victim of the curse?

McGahey is a strong no nonsense defender, who struggles against a quick footed player, but is actually quite fast once he gets going, and does look decent coming forward, although he overplays the hollywood pass.

Regarding Canavans header last week, it was awful. However, Wilson was not completely blameless either, and has not struck me as as good as either Lillis or a normal weight Logan.
The Curse on 21:58 - Feb 25 with 2326 viewsTVOS1907

The Curse on 20:42 - Feb 25 by dawlishdale

How quick or slow is the red card supposed to come out?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024