Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jamie bids 21:45 - Jun 24 with 24745 viewsfitzochris

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Jamie bids on 21:52 - Jun 24 with 11752 viewskiwidale

if we can get the deal right add on's etc he will be gone before season starts and possibly wont be the only one. good luck to the guy and amazingly he might not be guaranteed a starting spot if he stays.

This is not the time for bickering.

Jamie bids on 22:06 - Jun 24 with 11697 viewsMancDale

As long as the deals right I don't think you can stand in his way. With the signing yesterday I did wonder if it might mean someone moving on. Thought camps would have been more likely though. Is Done the last player we got money for?
Jamie bids on 08:10 - Jun 25 with 11314 viewsboromat

Think I'm right in saying he's the oldest graduate we have from the youth system and definitely deserves a move if available. Rather see him go for good money now than go for nothing later.

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Jamie bids on 09:13 - Jun 25 with 11160 viewsdingdangblue

Jamie bids on 08:10 - Jun 25 by boromat

Think I'm right in saying he's the oldest graduate we have from the youth system and definitely deserves a move if available. Rather see him go for good money now than go for nothing later.

He won't go for nothing - we'll get compo based on his Acadamy success and development in the 1st team. Not in the same league but Liverpool had to pay a record amount for Danny Ings.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/04/28/liverpool-t
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 11:02]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Jamie bids on 09:15 - Jun 25 with 11163 viewsDaley_Lama

Bids come up short *chortle*

Poll: DF in or out

Jamie bids on 09:27 - Jun 25 with 11121 views442Dale

Jamie bids on 22:06 - Jun 24 by MancDale

As long as the deals right I don't think you can stand in his way. With the signing yesterday I did wonder if it might mean someone moving on. Thought camps would have been more likely though. Is Done the last player we got money for?

In a direct sale, I think so. Though the beauty of the way we set up these deals means that technically it's Hogan and that's the biggest amount we've ever got.

However, the club is set up to do just this; develop players then sell them on while the team is progressing on the pitch. While none of us would be happy to see an Allen/Camps leave, in some ways we should be welcoming it as it's what we do.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Jamie bids on 11:32 - Jun 25 with 10766 viewsRAFCBLUE

I can't see Jamie Allen moving this season and there are three big years coming up for Jamie Allen.

At 22 and with a January birthday, Jamie turns 23 this season and 24 in 2018/19 the end of that season would be able to leave on a free. Under contract, there is no hurry or need to sell him if indeed we wanted to.

Going now for him up the pyramid, in my opinion, is a bit early. In our last league 1 campaign he was excellent but behind Lund and Camps for me in terms of midfield performances.

He's got another couple of years to do development wise but he has all the technical attributes to be a top flight midfielder. The downside risk of a move up is that he won't play and get that development game time.

If he signed a contract extension here now until 2019/2020 that would make him "market ready" post Bodman and he'd play lots of games here. Rough estimate would be 250-270 appearances by then and only 25.

He's a brilliant person off the pitch too as many stories on here have outlined. One to keep hold of.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Jamie bids on 12:02 - Jun 25 with 10674 viewsisitme

An interesting perspective but how much is two seasons of Jamie worth before he left on a free? Would a fee of £500,000 plus be worth more to the club than his services? After all it would give more game time to Morley and then the cycle could continue.
Login to get fewer ads

Jamie bids on 12:25 - Jun 25 with 10590 viewsDaleFan7

After losing Lund imo Allen is our best midfielder, to lose them both wouldn't be good at all, whoever our backups are. If we were to sell Allen now then a bid comes in for Camps in August that's too good to accept that leaves us without last year's starting midfield.
Jamie bids on 13:10 - Jun 25 with 10454 viewsCamdenDale

JA is currently on a two year deal yes?
Jamie bids on 13:40 - Jun 25 with 10337 viewsisitme

One year left on his deal.
Jamie bids on 14:05 - Jun 25 with 10221 viewsShun

I love how we're conducting ourselves this summer. Six-figure bids for a team's star in June, signing a good League One player on loan, new contracts to players we all feared would leave, and rejecting bids for our own players. There seems to be a newfound confidence in the way we do our businesss, like we're aware we have to be that little bit stronger and more aggressive in our deals, yet because it's us we know we aren't compromising our future. Good work, Dale.
Jamie bids on 14:16 - Jun 25 with 10182 viewsfitzochris

442 says it above, and I've said it countless times - Chris Dunphy categorically said the only way a club like ours can be sustainable is to develop our own saleable assets through the academy.

He said these players should aim to crack our first team, spend about two seasons in it, and then be looking for a move to a bigger club.

I really don't want to see Jamie Allen leave - he's a fantastic footballer - but we can't abandon our model if his price is met. We've been able to sign players such as Williams because of the windfalls we have received through sticking to the model.

I might be wrong, but I'm quite sure that Hill will be prepared for losing players such as Allen and Camps, too. Perhaps even expecting it.

There is no way he'd have signed his new contract if he didn't subscribe to this.

Jamie bids on 14:31 - Jun 25 with 10125 viewsD_Alien

Jamie bids on 14:16 - Jun 25 by fitzochris

442 says it above, and I've said it countless times - Chris Dunphy categorically said the only way a club like ours can be sustainable is to develop our own saleable assets through the academy.

He said these players should aim to crack our first team, spend about two seasons in it, and then be looking for a move to a bigger club.

I really don't want to see Jamie Allen leave - he's a fantastic footballer - but we can't abandon our model if his price is met. We've been able to sign players such as Williams because of the windfalls we have received through sticking to the model.

I might be wrong, but I'm quite sure that Hill will be prepared for losing players such as Allen and Camps, too. Perhaps even expecting it.

There is no way he'd have signed his new contract if he didn't subscribe to this.

All good points, and I'd go even further and say the model described will have formed the very basis of his contract, not least the remunerative side, and the longer that continues the stronger we'll become

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Jamie bids on 15:03 - Jun 25 with 10035 viewsboromat

Jamie bids on 14:16 - Jun 25 by fitzochris

And don't forget there are youth players waiting in the wings Morley for example. And I'm sure Cannon will be wanting to really come into his own this year.

Jamie bids on 15:08 - Jun 25 with 10019 views442Dale

Others have mentioned a fee of 500k. If we were to get that, it would be one of the summer's biggest positives for the club as a whole.

Jamie bids on 15:17 - Jun 25 with 9971 viewsShun

Jamie bids on 15:08 - Jun 25 by 442Dale

Others have mentioned a fee of 500k. If we were to get that, it would be one of the summer's biggest positives for the club as a whole.

I wouldn't be particularly happy with £500K. Any mention of who the Championship club is?
Jamie bids on 15:27 - Jun 25 with 9955 viewsSuddenLad

Jamie bids on 15:17 - Jun 25 by Shun

I wouldn't be particularly happy with £500K. Any mention of who the Championship club is?

I think it's Bolton.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Jamie bids on 15:31 - Jun 25 with 9929 viewsboromat

He's worth much more than 500k for me! With the Hogan money etc we should be putting £1m target price plus add ons on most of our saleable assets.

Jamie bids on 15:31 - Jun 25 with 9928 viewsdale_spotland

Jamie bids on 15:08 - Jun 25 by 442Dale

If he goes for 500k we've been mugged.

Days like this one weren't supposed to happen to Rochdale.

Jamie bids on 16:15 - Jun 25 with 9803 viewsCanaDale

Not sure he's ready for the championship yet, hope he gets the chance to stay and continue his development. A big year for Allen, needs to get 30+ starts, his energy through the middle is crucial.
Jamie bids on 16:23 - Jun 25 with 9768 viewsfitzochris

Jamie bids on 16:15 - Jun 25 by CanaDale

Not sure he's ready for the championship yet, hope he gets the chance to stay and continue his development. A big year for Allen, needs to get 30+ starts, his energy through the middle is crucial.

He's more than ready.

Jamie bids on 16:25 - Jun 25 with 9755 views442Dale

Jamie bids on 15:31 - Jun 25 by dale_spotland

If he goes for 500k we've been mugged.

The Jamie Allen that broke through initially is still a very good player, but he's not a stand-out like he was initially. Goalscoring especially has dropped off - six in his first season, only five in 100+ games since.

We know how good he is, from the outside perspective though 500k is a decent deal.

Jamie bids on 17:05 - Jun 25 with 9635 viewsColDale

I think Jamie has got a big year ahead of him. We've seen with Camps last year that he stood up and moved on to the next level as a footballer. We don't tend to talk of Camps as being a prospect anymore - he's absolutely integral to everything that we do. I'm probably being harsh on him, but I'm not convinced that Allen has progressed in the past season or two as much as he should have done. I think its fair to say that he's not even guaranteed to be a starter next season. I do like him as a player but I just wouldn't see his absence as leaving a massive hole in the team that the departure of others would create.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Jamie bids on 17:11 - Jun 25 with 9603 viewsrkershaw

Jamie bids on 17:05 - Jun 25 by ColDale

I think Jamie has got a big year ahead of him. We've seen with Camps last year that he stood up and moved on to the next level as a footballer. We don't tend to talk of Camps as being a prospect anymore - he's absolutely integral to everything that we do. I'm probably being harsh on him, but I'm not convinced that Allen has progressed in the past season or two as much as he should have done. I think its fair to say that he's not even guaranteed to be a starter next season. I do like him as a player but I just wouldn't see his absence as leaving a massive hole in the team that the departure of others would create.

This post has been edited by an administrator

If the other rumoured team is Sheff Utd then what about a deal to bring JOC/Done this way again as a bargaining tool?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024