Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Changing the Record!! 06:35 - Jul 1 with 3604 viewsTalkingSutty

The start of July and a new season beckons... new players, new fixtures, new adventures and a new DJ. It was a somewhat torturous process with the new lad being caught in the eye of a shitstorm not of his own making, but anyway it's sorted out now.

I expect Eren will have been busy sorting his records out into different piles over the last couple of months, I hope he has. We don't want a clone of Dave Sweetmore do we?? The turgid din of diabolical voices wallowing in self pity, bullets in the gullet...slit your wrists music. Think about the kids Eren, the youngsters, do you honestly think they want to be force fed this doom and gloom? They don't even know who Hector is. Would their parents even be happy?

I mention the kids on purpose because of the new Season Ticket initiative, they will be at the ground in greater numbers and need catering for, not in the foot long hot dog sense, i am talking about music/ entertainment. Eren, I want you to open your eyes to your audience and remember one word 'inclusive' and ask yourself... ' Out of this pile of records in front of me, how can I best mix them all up to cater for ALL of the supporters in the ground'.

Don't listen to your mates because they will get you sacked from your job, you'll be playing crap that nobody is interested in, probably about 'somebody stuck in the gutter in the pouring rain and his Jack Russell has just popped its clogs'. It's old hat, like I said think of the kids, the females, the old farts. Mix it up and i think you will be a roaring success. I'm in the Dale bar before every game if you need any more advice. Good luck with everything.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 7:04]
Changing the Record!! on 07:56 - Jul 1 with 3546 viewsD_Alien

Good stuff TS

I was slightly disappointed that no-one on here could be bothered to respond to Eden's posts, on the morning of the Dale quiz night and the morning after. It used to be the subject of a bit of leg-pulling etc and a bit of enthusiasm towards him will go a long way. I'm not a quiz-nighter so didn't feel able to comment. I take it, it was a success?

Like you TS, I'll be interested in what comes over the tannoy and don't expect everything to be to my taste because if it is, it won't be a good mix for the new demographic. I won't be expecting "slick" delivery either, even for an oil arena, just honest enthusiasm. I'll take this opportunity to wish Eden all the very best

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Changing the Record!! on 08:20 - Jul 1 with 3509 viewsBartRowou

He can play what he wants till 2.45. Then he should play those songs that get the crowd going. If he can get his mates in the ground by then who know what the songs are going to be - e.g. in the WMG corner - then we might finally get a birrova atmosphere. Just needs some joined-up-thinking. Looking forward to it.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Changing the Record!! on 08:29 - Jul 1 with 3493 viewsTalkingSutty

Changing the Record!! on 07:56 - Jul 1 by D_Alien

Good stuff TS

I was slightly disappointed that no-one on here could be bothered to respond to Eden's posts, on the morning of the Dale quiz night and the morning after. It used to be the subject of a bit of leg-pulling etc and a bit of enthusiasm towards him will go a long way. I'm not a quiz-nighter so didn't feel able to comment. I take it, it was a success?

Like you TS, I'll be interested in what comes over the tannoy and don't expect everything to be to my taste because if it is, it won't be a good mix for the new demographic. I won't be expecting "slick" delivery either, even for an oil arena, just honest enthusiasm. I'll take this opportunity to wish Eden all the very best

All I'm trying to say is... this isn't a Club night or a gig, it's a sporting event full of different age groups and families and that's how it should be approached. Sweetmore played what he wanted to listen to and bugger everybody else, some liked it but plenty didn't. Maybe Eren can speak to some of the younger supporters and try to gauge what they are interested in and play some of their music.Personally I would like to hear the odd Motown/ Northern Soul / Stevie Wonder track. A motivational piece of music 5 minutes before the team emerge would also be good to lift the crowd. . If Eren is going to just copy David Sweetmore then we are back to square one, music for the minority.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 9:25]
Changing the Record!! on 08:59 - Jul 1 with 3439 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull please Eden. All 44 bastard minutes of it.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Changing the Record!! on 09:03 - Jul 1 with 3433 views442Dale

I only hope Eden has checked with Jimmy Wagg to see what he wants.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Changing the Record!! on 10:31 - Jul 1 with 3267 viewsAtThePeake

Changing the Record!! on 08:29 - Jul 1 by TalkingSutty

All I'm trying to say is... this isn't a Club night or a gig, it's a sporting event full of different age groups and families and that's how it should be approached. Sweetmore played what he wanted to listen to and bugger everybody else, some liked it but plenty didn't. Maybe Eren can speak to some of the younger supporters and try to gauge what they are interested in and play some of their music.Personally I would like to hear the odd Motown/ Northern Soul / Stevie Wonder track. A motivational piece of music 5 minutes before the team emerge would also be good to lift the crowd. . If Eren is going to just copy David Sweetmore then we are back to square one, music for the minority.

Eden has quite an eclectic taste and I think that should help lend itself to a more 'inclusive' playlist as you put it TS.

I don't expect to hear any Ed Sheeran or Lady Gaga, but I expect to hear a bit less Oasis and Stone Roses. Motown and Northern Soul will most certainly be on his agenda.

It'd be great if Eden could continue the club's tradition of having a stand-out playlist that gains positive press and attention from elsewhere whilst playing a wider range of genres than before. I may have taken the mick out of him a bit since the news was announced but I have every faith he'll be able to do that.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2017 10:32]

Tangled up in blue.

Changing the Record!! on 10:33 - Jul 1 with 3260 viewsTipperaryDale

TS - Dave's music was widely praised by home and away fans, the only problem was that there wasn't enough variety (ie the same fifteen songs in a different order; okay if you're an away fan, but tiresome for us). I don't think the club will want a massive departure from Dave's style. I suspect Eden will have very clear plans for what he's going to play, and I dare say his tastes will be massively more in tune with what the 'youngsters' want to hear, rather than you.

In short - shut up and let him do his job.
Changing the Record!! on 10:34 - Jul 1 with 3259 viewsrochdaleriddler

Changing the Record!! on 08:29 - Jul 1 by TalkingSutty

Eden is a younger supporter, the club know his plans and gave him the job on the strength of them. If he is going to talk to younger fans, they will be his mates! All I'm hoping for is that I can actually hear what he is saying and the distortion has been sorted. Mind you I'm in the pub till 14.57 and again at half time. Good luck Eden

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Login to get fewer ads

Changing the Record!! on 10:47 - Jul 1 with 3229 viewsR17ALE

Stirring stuff TS!

For the trip to Portsmouth I've dug out some Enya and Abba stuff for you.

And good luck to Eden too. My advice would be to adjust the volume levels around the ground so you don't feel like you are being aurally raped!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Changing the Record!! on 11:33 - Jul 1 with 3109 viewsD_Alien

Changing the Record!! on 10:47 - Jul 1 by R17ALE

Stirring stuff TS!

And good luck to Eden too. My advice would be to adjust the volume levels around the ground so you don't feel like you are being aurally raped!

He's bound to play summat that'll make you prick up your ears

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Changing the Record!! on 11:33 - Jul 1 with 3106 viewsTalkingSutty

Changing the Record!! on 10:47 - Jul 1 by R17ALE

Stirring stuff TS!

Something with a quicker tempo please, it might make you get your foot down... if we set off any later we might make it in time for the final whistle. There's more than one 7 o'clock in the day!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024