Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
longest/oldest supporter 09:01 - Aug 31 with 7874 viewsseasidedale

After reading about the turnstile sponsor, Iwas just wondering how long our supporters have been watching us, Who is he oldest and who watched us the longest , i will start I know it wont be the longest 47 years
longest/oldest supporter on 09:08 - Aug 31 with 4870 views1949er

I first started going to Spot land at the age of six.that was in 1949.so including this year it will be 68.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

longest/oldest supporter on 09:10 - Aug 31 with 4865 viewssykeboy

50 for me this season😀
longest/oldest supporter on 09:19 - Aug 31 with 4835 viewsNigeriamark

51st season watching at least 1 game for me once I get to the Southend game which will be my first game this year
longest/oldest supporter on 09:22 - Aug 31 with 4824 viewsBlueMessiah

What about the bestest though? Surely that's the most important thing. I think I know who the winner is!

(Clue: not you James1980)

Poll: Do I Know You?

longest/oldest supporter on 09:56 - Aug 31 with 4753 viewsTalkingSutty

longest/oldest supporter on 09:22 - Aug 31 by BlueMessiah

What about the bestest though? Surely that's the most important thing. I think I know who the winner is!

We already have the 'super fan'... David Clough, he waa given the award a few years ago and rightlyso. There are other examples also, it's not just dependant on how many games you currently attend. Some did their whack years ago and no longer attend games.Some never attend games.but just post on the forum.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 10:02]
longest/oldest supporter on 09:59 - Aug 31 with 4748 viewsfirgrovedale51

Not sure approx 59/60
longest/oldest supporter on 10:16 - Aug 31 with 4686 viewsJames1980

longest/oldest supporter on 09:22 - Aug 31 by BlueMessiah

Well considering at the most I will be 37 that goes without saying

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

longest/oldest supporter on 10:34 - Aug 31 with 4646 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Sweetmore?
Login to get fewer ads

longest/oldest supporter on 10:41 - Aug 31 with 4628 viewsHuddersdale1

First went to Spotland in 1966/7 as a 9 year old, v Barnsley 1-1 draw I think
longest/oldest supporter on 10:46 - Aug 31 with 4614 viewsHuddersdale1

longest/oldest supporter on 10:41 - Aug 31 by Huddersdale1

First went to Spotland in 1966/7 as a 9 year old, v Barnsley 1-1 draw I think

Also remember that there was some trouble after the game on the street opposite The Church Inn
longest/oldest supporter on 11:00 - Aug 31 with 4581 viewsBobbyjoe

My neighbour attended his first game in the 40's. Must have a strong claim. Not sure if he renewed his season ticket!!!!!!!
longest/oldest supporter on 11:01 - Aug 31 with 4578 viewsSuddenLad

Saw my first game in 1961. There are many who have been going longer. David Clough was rightly recognised for his sterling support & service to Dale. A legend.

That said, there are many who have given years of unrecognised voluntary service behind the scenes whose efforts are unrewarded and nor do those individuals seek public recognition for what they do. They are Dale fans first and foremost and are proud to support the club they love.

(Despite what some individuals think, none of us are 'better' fans than anyone else ).

Others are content just to watch matches, but do so through very trying circumstances and they love the club just as much as anyone else.

Most of us know who these people are, many regularly post on these boards. They don't often get the thanks they deserve. They are the life-blood of the club.

So - thank you.

Up the Dale...

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

longest/oldest supporter on 11:02 - Aug 31 with 4573 viewsDaleFan7

My grandad has been going since around 1945/46.

I've been going since 93/94 season, so a long time until I catch him up!
longest/oldest supporter on 13:50 - Aug 31 with 4435 viewsmingthemerciless

My first game was the League Cup Semi Final against Blackburn Rovers in 1962 I think.
longest/oldest supporter on 14:16 - Aug 31 with 4383 viewsLuke8686

My dad has been watching Dale since the early 60's, my first game was v Barnet on 9/10/99, however I didn't first visit Spotland until 2010.
longest/oldest supporter on 14:22 - Aug 31 with 4363 viewsD_Alien

Christmas 1965

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

longest/oldest supporter on 16:53 - Aug 31 with 4238 viewsShun

My first time was during Parkin's second spell, just when it was turning sour, about 2005.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 17:07]
longest/oldest supporter on 16:55 - Aug 31 with 4241 viewspioneer

February 1968. It was me and Bob Stokoe who turned the club around!!!!

Over the next 12 months I thought this supporting your local team is a riot, winning games, promotion, cup runs and then . . . . . . .
longest/oldest supporter on 18:20 - Aug 31 with 4141 viewsjohnn

longest/oldest supporter on 16:55 - Aug 31 by pioneer

February 1968. It was me and Bob Stokoe who turned the club around!!!!

Over the next 12 months I thought this supporting your local team is a riot, winning games, promotion, cup runs and then . . . . . . .

First full match Dale v Hartlepool in 1959 fa cup replay ,Scotland draw 3-3 played 3rd game at OLD TRAFFORD and lost in fog and didn't see a goal ,couldn't see past half way
longest/oldest supporter on 19:07 - Aug 31 with 4086 viewsTalkingSutty

longest/oldest supporter on 11:01 - Aug 31 by SuddenLad

Saw my first game in 1961. There are many who have been going longer. David Clough was rightly recognised for his sterling support & service to Dale. A legend.

That said, there are many who have given years of unrecognised voluntary service behind the scenes whose efforts are unrewarded and nor do those individuals seek public recognition for what they do. They are Dale fans first and foremost and are proud to support the club they love.

(Despite what some individuals think, none of us are 'better' fans than anyone else ).

Others are content just to watch matches, but do so through very trying circumstances and they love the club just as much as anyone else.

Most of us know who these people are, many regularly post on these boards. They don't often get the thanks they deserve. They are the life-blood of the club.

So - thank you.

Up the Dale...

We also had our own Brian Clough, another fan who did his bit during some very dark days and also legends such as Colin Smith Markel RIP.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 19:08]
longest/oldest supporter on 19:28 - Aug 31 with 4053 viewsSuddenLad

longest/oldest supporter on 19:07 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

We also had our own Brian Clough, another fan who did his bit during some very dark days and also legends such as Colin Smith Markel RIP.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2017 19:08]

I knew them both very well indeed and Brians' Dad, John. Great character.

longest/oldest supporter on 19:42 - Aug 31 with 4039 viewsTalkingSutty

longest/oldest supporter on 19:28 - Aug 31 by SuddenLad

I knew them both very well indeed and Brians' Dad, John. Great character.

Yep, i met Brian's dad, they lived at the back of Dale Street in Milnrow many moons ago. Colin was my German teacher at Littleborough, along with George Kokocki. Very advantageous having Dale supporting teachers, especially when you wanted a flyer for a midweek away fixture, Supporters Club Coach in those days👍
longest/oldest supporter on 19:46 - Aug 31 with 4019 viewsSuddenLad

longest/oldest supporter on 19:42 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

Yep, i met Brian's dad, they lived at the back of Dale Street in Milnrow many moons ago. Colin was my German teacher at Littleborough, along with George Kokocki. Very advantageous having Dale supporting teachers, especially when you wanted a flyer for a midweek away fixture, Supporters Club Coach in those days👍

Colin lived 50 yards from me, I've spent many an hour with him and George travelling here there and everywhere and sampling various ales along the way. George a little more 'reserved' these days in his posh seat.

Happy days........

longest/oldest supporter on 19:46 - Aug 31 with 4018 viewsTVOS1907

longest/oldest supporter on 19:42 - Aug 31 by TalkingSutty

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

longest/oldest supporter on 20:12 - Aug 31 with 3979 viewsTalkingSutty

longest/oldest supporter on 19:46 - Aug 31 by TVOS1907

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Oui
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024