Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The O2 10:43 - Oct 31 with 1726 viewsBuggalugs

Never been before, but going to a gig in a few weeks time. Anyone got any good tips about getting there/parking? Want to get away quite quickly afterwards, so would rather avoid the official car park which is not only best part of £25, but bound to be a nightmare getting in and out of.

Don't want to get train from Southampton, but don't mind parking a few stops away and tubing it in...

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

The O2 on 10:48 - Oct 31 with 1719 viewsSonicBoom

Plenty of boats stop outside so take a water taxi.

Beware if you're at the back at the top. It's very steep. We went to the Artic Monkeys and a mate of mine (after a few scoops) proceeded to fall over the seats in front and tumbled about 5 rows before his fall was broken by some couple who were in mid-snog.
Funniest thing we'd ever seen. Nearly killed him.

The O2 on 10:52 - Oct 31 with 1715 viewsfranniesTache

Assuming you're travelling up from Southampton i'd recommend avoiding parking anywhere near the O2 itself as getting out is a nightmare.

Best bet i'd suggest is park at Putney and get the riverboat in (though check what time the gig ends and make sure it's running back), it's actually pretty relaxed, has a bar on it and you can pay using your oyster or contactless.

As for the O2 itself i've seen a few gigs there and had a mixed experience, when the stage is in the middle it's a decent venue, but when it's at the far end you can just end up watching it on tv pretty much, and as mentioned if you're right up the top it's steep as f*ck.

The O2 on 11:02 - Oct 31 with 1709 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

I've been there twice - both times time tube has been rammed, so avoid that.

Both times I've come away disappointed that the venue is just TOO big and I didn't feel a part of it.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

The O2 on 12:31 - Oct 31 with 1672 viewsSaintNick

The O2 on 11:02 - Oct 31 by Gennaro_Contaldo

I've been there twice - both times time tube has been rammed, so avoid that.

Both times I've come away disappointed that the venue is just TOO big and I didn't feel a part of it.

I think the train can still be the best bet for the O2 as its only about 4 stops on the Jubilee line, so timewise as long as its not a sunday you would be fine.

Given that this is the only tube line outside the O" and its a fair hike into Greenwich etc to pick up other lines personally I would always get the train

Who you going to see

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

The O2 on 12:43 - Oct 31 with 1660 viewsThermosNBlanket

Park at Old Deerleep Park in Richmond 5 mins to station- overground to Waterloo-Jubilee to O2 and back same route.
Best way I have found as close to M3.

Lifes a marathon not a sprint

The O2 on 13:10 - Oct 31 with 1642 viewsSaintNick

The O2 on 12:43 - Oct 31 by ThermosNBlanket

Park at Old Deerleep Park in Richmond 5 mins to station- overground to Waterloo-Jubilee to O2 and back same route.
Best way I have found as close to M3.

Probably the best option and the cheapest, but when you take into account that it would be a change at Waterloo and then a 25 min journey to Richmond minimum followed by a 10 min walk to car and 1 hr 15 mins home to southampton I would say you might as well get the train from southampton to waterloo and cut out the hassle of parking and driving etc

The O2 on 13:19 - Oct 31 with 1634 viewsSalisburySaint

On my visits i've found if you are a SKY Customer it's worth applying for tickets in their Backstage Lounge as you can sit in comfort and have a drink before the bands come on

I also when catching tube, have checked the set list of band you are seeing to check which a the last songs, and also even if sat on top tier managed to go down to lower tier seats before the encore: not the floor area, to watch the last few songs, if you go to area near exit to tube you'll have no trouble getting first couple of trains after the gig

The O2 on 14:35 - Oct 31 with 1587 viewsBuggalugs

Ta, some good ideas I hadn't thought of.

Train from Southampton for 2 is just under £80 and still have to get to and from Soton Central from home, which makes that a no go really. Will probably go for the Richmond/train or Putney/water bus options.

Have always steered clear of gigs at the O2 before for the reasons others mention and the hassle of getting there and back, but have got freebie VIP's for Depeche Mode so thought it'd be worth a mooch.

Login to get fewer ads

The O2 on 14:43 - Oct 31 with 1583 viewsSalisburySaint

The O2 on 14:35 - Oct 31 by Buggalugs

Train from Southampton for 2 is just under £80 and still have to get to and from Soton Central from home, which makes that a no go really. Will probably go for the Richmond/train or Putney/water bus options.

Have always steered clear of gigs at the O2 before for the reasons others mention and the hassle of getting there and back, but have got freebie VIP's for Depeche Mode so thought it'd be worth a mooch.

Hope you enjoy the gig

Saw Depeche Mode at London Stadium in the Summer they were excellent
The O2 on 16:18 - Oct 31 with 1548 viewsTimSaint

Enjoy The Silence !!

TimSaint

The O2 on 16:29 - Oct 31 with 1543 viewsCity_boy

I am not sure if it still works, but there used to be different parking rates for people attending the cinema at the O2 and upto 4 hrs free. Not sure of the exact details.

Canary wharf is an option and 1 stop from Greenwich, but you have to get through Blackwall tunnel going back.
The O2 on 16:29 - Oct 31 with 1541 viewsBuggalugs

The O2 on 16:18 - Oct 31 by TimSaint

Enjoy The Silence !!

I Just Can't Get Enough of it.

The O2 on 17:02 - Oct 31 with 1516 viewsKennington

I've been many times. Never really enjoyed it though, as it's a big soulless expensive experience. Jubilee line is fine and I've never found it that long a wait to head home afterwards. Top tip is go as close to the start of the gig as possible to avoid the usual rip off drink prices.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2017 21:54]

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

The O2 on 18:20 - Oct 31 with 1481 viewsSaintNick

Get a network railcard then it will be £30 including a capital card for the tubes etc

The O2 on 19:24 - Oct 31 with 1431 viewsprofessor_peach

Park at Gatwick for £9 using their evening rate ( after 5pm) in the South Terminal Short Stay. Train to London Bridge then Jubilee line to O2. Lots of trains to/from London Bridge so no need to rush.

The O2 on 21:24 - Oct 31 with 1374 viewsBoris_

It's actually pretty decent getting out of the o2 by car. The roads clear pretty easy and you'll be on the A2 and heading south pretty quickly.

All of the other tube stops are north of the Blackwall Tunnel, which is what you want to avoid.

Most travel in by tube, so that's what to avoid.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2017 21:28]

Poll: Claude Puel

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020