Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘The Southampton Way’ 20:06 - Nov 4 with 3956 viewsBuggalugs

All a load of bollox it would seem...

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

‘The Southampton Way’ on 20:13 - Nov 4 with 2806 viewsgrumpy

We March On...........

‘The Southampton Way’ on 20:17 - Nov 4 with 2789 viewsDel_Bianco

Looking forward to the pre Liverpool smiling training ground videos of the players having bantz.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

‘The Southampton Way’ on 20:56 - Nov 4 with 2754 viewsTimSaint

‘The Southampton Way’ on 20:13 - Nov 4 by grumpy

We March On...........

We also had 'Raise The Bar' as a slogan at the start of last season, but this mysteriously disappeared during the Puel tenure - once we knew the bar was not going to be raised !!

TimSaint

‘The Southampton Way’ on 21:18 - Nov 4 with 2716 viewsdarthvader

‘The Southampton Way’ on 20:13 - Nov 4 by grumpy

We March On...........

Down the league .

I had to watch a re run of the cup final of last season tonight . Virtually the same players giving the united team the run around .
Scoring and getting forward going past defenders ,cross after cross .
What the hell has gone wrong with these players ? It's just embarrassing now .
I wasn't calling for Puels head last season- 8th and a final(and the run to it) was a good season something to build on .
I was excited when MP was brought in though and looking forward to the season , Now I would rather we had him (Puel) back .

keep the faith coyr

‘The Southampton Way’ on 22:18 - Nov 4 with 2631 viewsinthebox

Are luck will change soon, the opponents goalies luck will change soon and those chances will start going in. The thing will MP be around to see it happen. What more can he do. Possession, shots on target, corners all in Saint favour. Just hope the players keep it up.
‘The Southampton Way’ on 22:24 - Nov 4 with 2621 viewsgrumpy

‘The Southampton Way’ on 22:18 - Nov 4 by inthebox

Are luck will change soon, the opponents goalies luck will change soon and those chances will start going in. The thing will MP be around to see it happen. What more can he do. Possession, shots on target, corners all in Saint favour. Just hope the players keep it up.

‘The Southampton Way’ on 00:28 - Nov 5 with 2557 viewscocklebreath

‘The Southampton Way’ on 20:17 - Nov 4 by Del_Bianco

Looking forward to the pre Liverpool smiling training ground videos of the players having bantz.

Fraze and redderd fist pumping. C&nts

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

‘The Southampton Way’ on 07:43 - Nov 5 with 2469 viewsdune

Red hot Saints.

http://www.westmonster.com/
Poll: Given his track record should Les Reed be allowed to appoint the next manager?

Login to get fewer ads

‘The Southampton Way’ on 07:57 - Nov 5 with 2452 viewsCity_boy

‘The Southampton Way’ on 21:18 - Nov 4 by darthvader

Down the league .

I had to watch a re run of the cup final of last season tonight . Virtually the same players giving the united team the run around .
Scoring and getting forward going past defenders ,cross after cross .
What the hell has gone wrong with these players ? It's just embarrassing now .
I wasn't calling for Puels head last season- 8th and a final(and the run to it) was a good season something to build on .
I was excited when MP was brought in though and looking forward to the season , Now I would rather we had him (Puel) back .

I agree with this post.

it is the slow predictable build up that frustrates me, which has not changed since last year and suggests it is down to how they are being coached. They are very capable players but we just don't look like scoring.

The common factor here is Eric Black.

‘The Southampton Way’ on 08:29 - Nov 5 with 2411 viewssaintwizzler

THE common factor is employing two cheap managers after having two great managers.
This fûcktard doesn’t know his arsè from his elbow.
His claim to fame is playing minutes for Liverpool.
We are never going to win the league, or get top 4, but ffs (as the kids say) let’s be entertained.
That yesterday was fûcking dire.
I await the training videos, snoods & gloves aplenty, with some bantz from these overpaid cretins.
The ship has become rudderless since RK left and it seems we are doing things on the cheap. You can’t blame Black, blame the people above for employing two shît managers.

It’s gonna be a long winter..

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.

‘The Southampton Way’ on 08:49 - Nov 5 with 2390 viewsChapstick

Everton sacked Ron. West Ham will doubtless sack Billic soon. We as ever will be too soft. It is the untouchable Les Reed that needs to act. Yep, as many keep reminding us, he helped get us to where we are today. But for the last two years he has been sliding and failing. So it is time now for him to show his brass and get us a new manager and get it right this time.

Poll: Les Reed. Stay or Fired.

‘The Southampton Way’ on 08:53 - Nov 5 with 2383 viewsBuggalugs

‘The Southampton Way’ on 08:29 - Nov 5 by saintwizzler

THE common factor is employing two cheap managers after having two great managers.
This fûcktard doesn’t know his arsè from his elbow.
His claim to fame is playing minutes for Liverpool.
We are never going to win the league, or get top 4, but ffs (as the kids say) let’s be entertained.
That yesterday was fûcking dire.
I await the training videos, snoods & gloves aplenty, with some bantz from these overpaid cretins.
The ship has become rudderless since RK left and it seems we are doing things on the cheap. You can’t blame Black, blame the people above for employing two shît managers.

It’s gonna be a long winter..

Yep.

I get people drawing conclusions about Black being to blame, but he’s just a coach ffs. The manager is responsible for picking and setting up the team and Les Reed is responsible for identifying and employing the managers.

‘The Southampton Way’ on 09:14 - Nov 5 with 2355 viewsKennington

I don't understand blaming Black, he's just a coach. Blame the manager and Les, who hired the manager. Yesterday really was appalling and I'm surprised Peligrino wasn't sacked immediately after the game.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

‘The Southampton Way’ on 09:20 - Nov 5 with 2341 viewssaintwizzler

‘The Southampton Way’ on 08:53 - Nov 5 by Buggalugs

Yep.

I get people drawing conclusions about Black being to blame, but he’s just a coach ffs. The manager is responsible for picking and setting up the team and Les Reed is responsible for identifying and employing the managers.

Les Reed has done wonders, but I’m afraid this manager and Puel are mistakes.
We all make mistakes, it’s putting them right that counts.

The sooner we get to 40 points the better.

‘The Southampton Way’ on 10:59 - Nov 5 with 2289 viewssaint22

‘The Southampton Way’ on 09:20 - Nov 5 by saintwizzler

If we do t sort it out and start scoring soon we will be lucky to get to 30 points
‘The Southampton Way’ on 11:55 - Nov 5 with 2261 viewsFrankXerox

‘The Southampton Way’ on 10:59 - Nov 5 by saint22

If we do t sort it out and start scoring soon we will be lucky to get to 30 points

Gad, how about Everton hey? A manager in control maybe?

Poll: How would you prefer to travel with the 657?

‘The Southampton Way’ on 12:11 - Nov 5 with 2247 viewsBuggalugs

I knew nothing about this bloke before he came to us, just like I knew nothing about Puel. I don’t profess to follow other European leagues scouting for managerial and playing talent....that’s not my job, I’m just a fan ffs.

I trust the people running the club and making these decisions, but at the same time, I appreciate they won’t always get it right. What I’m struggling to accept is what the fvck did they see in this bloke when doing their due diligence on him, that made them think he’s the answer, especially after sacking the previous bloke for being so negative? Its not even as though he talks a good game, he thought we played really well yesterday ffs.

‘The Southampton Way’ on 08:13 - Nov 6 with 2162 viewssaintwizzler

‘The Southampton Way’ on 12:11 - Nov 5 by Buggalugs

I knew nothing about this bloke before he came to us, just like I knew nothing about Puel. I don’t profess to follow other European leagues scouting for managerial and playing talent....that’s not my job, I’m just a fan ffs.

I trust the people running the club and making these decisions, but at the same time, I appreciate they won’t always get it right. What I’m struggling to accept is what the fvck did they see in this bloke when doing their due diligence on him, that made them think he’s the answer, especially after sacking the previous bloke for being so negative? Its not even as though he talks a good game, he thought we played really well yesterday ffs.

It seems we’ve taken the cheap option on Puel and this clown.

‘The Southampton Way’ on 08:36 - Nov 6 with 2136 viewsDel_Bianco

I think Puel was a much better manager than he got credit for. He had a lot to contend with, fonte being a coont, loss of wanyama, Pelle and mane with the replacements not being anywhere near as good, injuries to key players, Europa league. The problem was the fans never took to him and neither did the players, but I can see why he was employed a decent track record in France. That said though when Koeman left we were in a great position to attact someone with real kudos and we went cheap.

Pellegrino however is a massive f*ck up. Here's what happened. we spoke to several
Managers including Silva. Tuchel was sounded out and quickly became our choice, we thought we'd got him, so Silva went to Watford, we sacked Puel, Tuchel turned us down, next on the list was Roger Schmidt who got Offered mega bucks in China, now our top 3 targets not interested we were left scratching around for what was left and ended up with this clown.

I know some people are rubbing their hands together at the chance to have a go at Les Reed as proof that they were right all along, it doesn't change the fact they are still bitter coonts and liars or Reed has done a great job in his time here up up until the last 18 months or so.

Part of A small, but perfectly formed nucleus of clueless c**ts bowling underarm, deludely thinking they're in the big leagues since December 2015
Poll: what do you prefer?

‘The Southampton Way’ on 08:47 - Nov 6 with 2128 viewsianbranflake

‘The Southampton Way’ on 08:36 - Nov 6 by Del_Bianco

I think Puel was a much better manager than he got credit for. He had a lot to contend with, fonte being a coont, loss of wanyama, Pelle and mane with the replacements not being anywhere near as good, injuries to key players, Europa league. The problem was the fans never took to him and neither did the players, but I can see why he was employed a decent track record in France. That said though when Koeman left we were in a great position to attact someone with real kudos and we went cheap.

Pellegrino however is a massive f*ck up. Here's what happened. we spoke to several
Managers including Silva. Tuchel was sounded out and quickly became our choice, we thought we'd got him, so Silva went to Watford, we sacked Puel, Tuchel turned us down, next on the list was Roger Schmidt who got Offered mega bucks in China, now our top 3 targets not interested we were left scratching around for what was left and ended up with this clown.

I know some people are rubbing their hands together at the chance to have a go at Les Reed as proof that they were right all along, it doesn't change the fact they are still bitter coonts and liars or Reed has done a great job in his time here up up until the last 18 months or so.

Are you ITK on this Del or is that speculation on your part? Genuine question. If true then the fact we were after Tuchel and Schmidt is at least promising for next time but then it makes even less sense that we eventually went for Pellegrino who obviously plays a totally different way.His interview must have been incredible! The end of last season was dreadful but I really don’t think Puel would have been daft enough to keep playing that way this season. I also think the players fücked him over, particularly after the cup final.

Poll: Best team our fans have felated whilst getting rimmed 6-0

‘The Southampton Way’ on 09:09 - Nov 6 with 2099 viewspatred

time is of the essence, and not only for the 4O points.
Time was wasted during the summer deciding whether to stick with Puel or change the manager.
Then we wasted another couple of weeks deciding on the shortlist of replacements
By the time we got through that we lost out on the better choices.
It was fairly obvious that Pelligrino wasn't the first choice. It was also obvious no homework was done on him, as his preferred way of playing was even more defensive than the dour Frenchman.
So we need all of this international break to get the deal done, starting today.
I suggest that Reed and Wilson seek outside help with selecting the next manager, because The two they have appointed have resulted in this new 'Southampton defensive Way'.
We cannot afford another negative manager

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

‘The Southampton Way’ on 09:27 - Nov 6 with 2085 viewspatred

‘The Southampton Way’ on 08:47 - Nov 6 by ianbranflake

Are you ITK on this Del or is that speculation on your part? Genuine question. If true then the fact we were after Tuchel and Schmidt is at least promising for next time but then it makes even less sense that we eventually went for Pellegrino who obviously plays a totally different way.His interview must have been incredible! The end of last season was dreadful but I really don’t think Puel would have been daft enough to keep playing that way this season. I also think the players fücked him over, particularly after the cup final.

There's no use trying for Tuchel this time, after they turn down our approaches in the summer. We would waste precious time again.
They would come to the PL, now, but only to clubs likely to qualify for Europe. And, Everton apparentley ????

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/10/everton-and-liverpool-among-potential-premi

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

‘The Southampton Way’ on 09:48 - Nov 6 with 2068 viewsianbranflake

‘The Southampton Way’ on 09:27 - Nov 6 by patred

There's no use trying for Tuchel this time, after they turn down our approaches in the summer. We would waste precious time again.
They would come to the PL, now, but only to clubs likely to qualify for Europe. And, Everton apparentley ????

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/10/10/everton-and-liverpool-among-potential-premi

No way he would have signed for us then or now. I’m just saying that if what Del says is right it’s good to know we aren’t going for shît managers ‘from the get go’ and we are least looking at Managers who play in an exciting way. It also puts pay to the idea that Les only wants to appoint a yes man if we looked at Tuchel who was in part sacked due to his disagreements with Dortmund’s board over player sales, wouldn’t you say?

Someone like Julian Nagelsmann from Hoffenheim would be an interesting option (he’s only 30 ffs!) but also a bit of a risk. It would be worth it if we got back to playing exciting football though.

Poll: Best team our fans have felated whilst getting rimmed 6-0

‘The Southampton Way’ on 09:52 - Nov 6 with 2064 viewsSonicBoom

I know you don't like Reed Pat, but are you seriously suggesting that our board appointed Pellegrino without doing any due diligence on how he plays? Come on.

What is the most likely scenario?
That our board (in charge of a PL club and high value business) appointed Pellegrino without bothering to check on his style of play at all.
Or that Pellegrino during his interview, said that he played a certain style at Alaves but that he can adapt to different styles depending on the players at his disposal.
Come on Pat, be honest......
‘The Southampton Way’ on 10:27 - Nov 6 with 2028 viewssaints__fan__73

‘The Southampton Way’ on 09:52 - Nov 6 by SonicBoom

I know you don't like Reed Pat, but are you seriously suggesting that our board appointed Pellegrino without doing any due diligence on how he plays? Come on.

What is the most likely scenario?
That our board (in charge of a PL club and high value business) appointed Pellegrino without bothering to check on his style of play at all.
Or that Pellegrino during his interview, said that he played a certain style at Alaves but that he can adapt to different styles depending on the players at his disposal.
Come on Pat, be honest......

MP has been defensive his entire career so that would point to the club not doing much due diligence considering the very last thing we wanted was a defensive manager.

Reed did ok on a limited remit when NC was in charge. After the mass-exodus he got very lucky that RK turned up on his doorstep desperate to get any job in the PL (He has already applied for and was turned down for the Swansea job after they decided to give it full-time to Monk - that much was confirmed as fact by RK's agent)

Koeman was exactly what we needed post exodus as his strong controlling personality was exactly what we needed as NC was never replaced.

However this meant that Reed's remit was no more than the U23s and Academy something he evidently hated, as as soon as there was rumours of Everton wanting RK, Reed did everything he could to make sure he left.

I said when Puel was appointed, this was Reed's big chance to finally be the man in control of the club and appoint a manager who would do his bidding. I also said if it turned out to be a massive failure I couldn't see how Reed could stay in post.

Well it was a failure but Reed was allow to repeat the failure step by step a second time.

That's what happens when a club has absentee owners and no CEO.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020