Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill lovers 17:58 - Jan 1 with 21460 viewsDale23years

Explain this performance, find your excuses for your lovely manager

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Keith Hill lovers on 15:43 - Jan 2 with 2157 viewsDale92

I cant be bothered to read through 4 page but heres my view of events and circumstance of the current situation as a fanwho attends 10 games ish a season.
We clearly lost 3 off our best players in the summer (Lund, NML and Allen). And we inly got a fee for 1, which we decided to reinvest in Williams (which hasnt worked out) so shall we blame the board for this? When you lose 2 other Championship players that we probanly on high league 2 wages and replaced them with Done(who was paud up- and everyone wanted us to get) and Keane-who has been injured. Keith has always signed bad players along with good ones like many managers. This season is his worst with us but he is probably thenonly guy who can realistically compete with our fans expectation because he built that and to saxk your greatest ever manager after 1 bad year wpuld be ridcoulous he deserves till mid way next season. Camps has lost form as well pribably due to agent talk in the summer and a lack of dm this season. We knew what we were getting with Davies hes class but overweight and no longer of a football league standard of fitness anymore...10 years ago maybe.The lack of moneybeing spent is clear why, if you ever here KH talk in agms etc he wants a training ground. Something we dont have atm or ever had. This is something we need to be striding towards. Rochdale Afc all under one roof, youth teams, under 16s, womens, mens team and ive heard were very close to doing this. Which would explain wheee the hogan money has gone.

This is the One, I've waited for

Keith Hill lovers on 16:04 - Jan 2 with 2087 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill lovers on 15:43 - Jan 2 by Dale92

I cant be bothered to read through 4 page but heres my view of events and circumstance of the current situation as a fanwho attends 10 games ish a season.
We clearly lost 3 off our best players in the summer (Lund, NML and Allen). And we inly got a fee for 1, which we decided to reinvest in Williams (which hasnt worked out) so shall we blame the board for this? When you lose 2 other Championship players that we probanly on high league 2 wages and replaced them with Done(who was paud up- and everyone wanted us to get) and Keane-who has been injured. Keith has always signed bad players along with good ones like many managers. This season is his worst with us but he is probably thenonly guy who can realistically compete with our fans expectation because he built that and to saxk your greatest ever manager after 1 bad year wpuld be ridcoulous he deserves till mid way next season. Camps has lost form as well pribably due to agent talk in the summer and a lack of dm this season. We knew what we were getting with Davies hes class but overweight and no longer of a football league standard of fitness anymore...10 years ago maybe.The lack of moneybeing spent is clear why, if you ever here KH talk in agms etc he wants a training ground. Something we dont have atm or ever had. This is something we need to be striding towards. Rochdale Afc all under one roof, youth teams, under 16s, womens, mens team and ive heard were very close to doing this. Which would explain wheee the hogan money has gone.

Apart from one or two exceptions nobody is calling for Hill to be sacked there are however a growing number who are dissatisfied with him for various reasons, recruitment lob sided team selection playing players out of position are some of them. He now has the opportunity rightly so to fix it by bringing players in. I just hope that if he signs O'grady he plays him up front.

This is not the time for bickering.

Keith Hill lovers on 16:29 - Jan 2 with 2028 viewsValleySaddler

Keith Hill lovers on 16:04 - Jan 2 by kiwidale

Apart from one or two exceptions nobody is calling for Hill to be sacked there are however a growing number who are dissatisfied with him for various reasons, recruitment lob sided team selection playing players out of position are some of them. He now has the opportunity rightly so to fix it by bringing players in. I just hope that if he signs O'grady he plays him up front.

Correct
Keith Hill lovers on 17:41 - Jan 2 with 1882 viewsnordenblue

Keith Hill lovers on 16:04 - Jan 2 by kiwidale

Hed make a cracking midfield partner for our other striker Hendo...
Keith Hill lovers on 18:36 - Jan 2 with 1793 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill lovers on 14:30 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

It has crossed my mind ,let’s face it how many of our players been sold off for “undisclosed fees” you would have to be very naive for it not to have crossed your mind in fairness. It’s been mentioned on the fans Facebook page in the past aswell as on here.

What has?

And I’m far from naive, but thanks for your concern.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Keith Hill lovers on 18:52 - Jan 2 with 1761 viewsdingdangblue

Keith Hill lovers on 14:30 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

It has crossed my mind ,let’s face it how many of our players been sold off for “undisclosed fees” you would have to be very naive for it not to have crossed your mind in fairness. It’s been mentioned on the fans Facebook page in the past aswell as on here.

I'm pretty sure that undisclosed fees are disclosed to shareholders every year when the accounts are published.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keith Hill lovers on 20:37 - Jan 2 with 1617 viewsrochdale_ranger

Keith Hill lovers on 18:52 - Jan 2 by dingdangblue

I'm pretty sure that undisclosed fees are disclosed to shareholders every year when the accounts are published.

That may or may not be the case. I don't know much about that. The club might make all the players we sell to bigger clubs undisclosed in case they turn out to be duds and the bigger team ends up with egg on its face or maybe its for more sinister reasons that have been alluded to on here. Either way its not transparant and you cant blame the paying fans for asking the question.
Keith Hill lovers on 20:41 - Jan 2 with 1605 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill lovers on 20:37 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

That may or may not be the case. I don't know much about that. The club might make all the players we sell to bigger clubs undisclosed in case they turn out to be duds and the bigger team ends up with egg on its face or maybe its for more sinister reasons that have been alluded to on here. Either way its not transparant and you cant blame the paying fans for asking the question.

Virtually every transfer fee is undisclosed these days, often at the request of the buying club.

As ddb says, the figures are in the accounts every year.

Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill lovers on 20:44 - Jan 2 with 1596 viewsnordenblue

Keith Hill lovers on 20:37 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

The undisclosed fee is common place for loads of transfers its not something isolated to us..... its very transparent if you(or anyone) really wanted to find the exact details out though....
Keith Hill lovers on 20:47 - Jan 2 with 1588 viewsfinberty

Keith Hill lovers on 14:44 - Jan 2 by nordenblue

While certain people insinuate members of the club "cream" money out off the club,lets not forget many of these same people have and still do pump a lot of their own time and money into the club.....

Well said Nordenblue.

There are some fairly shocking allegations being bandied around without an iota of hard evidence, and which would not stand up to any form of legal scrutiny if called to account.

I understand the disappointments as much as anyone else - most people are probably sick of having the evening of a match day ruined because of ineptness or poor luck, or a combination of both, during the 90 minutes that went before.

I'd like to strike a more positive note by pointing out that it's the beginning of January, not the end, and so there is time for KH to identify and attempt to secure the two or three positions that can change things for the better. I'll be more dispirited if, come the end of January, we have no movements in, or last minute panics in the absence of anything else.
Keith Hill lovers on 20:49 - Jan 2 with 1577 viewsJimmyRustler

Just an aside about Steven Davies, I could accept it if his lack of fitness was simply due to a persistent injury but the guy is fat as f*ck and it's just another feature of the CBA nature which seems to be plaguing the club at the moment. Look at Logan when he was here and now look at the new svelte version at Mansfield. WTF is going on? Don't we have nutritionists and dietitians?
Keith Hill lovers on 20:59 - Jan 2 with 1547 viewsfitzochris

Keith Hill lovers on 20:47 - Jan 2 by finberty

Well said Nordenblue.

There are some fairly shocking allegations being bandied around without an iota of hard evidence, and which would not stand up to any form of legal scrutiny if called to account.

I understand the disappointments as much as anyone else - most people are probably sick of having the evening of a match day ruined because of ineptness or poor luck, or a combination of both, during the 90 minutes that went before.

I'd like to strike a more positive note by pointing out that it's the beginning of January, not the end, and so there is time for KH to identify and attempt to secure the two or three positions that can change things for the better. I'll be more dispirited if, come the end of January, we have no movements in, or last minute panics in the absence of anything else.

Absolutely.

Like you, I share that fear of last-minute make-do signings, especially if we lose anyone valuable into the bargain.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Keith Hill lovers on 21:01 - Jan 2 with 1540 viewsrochdale_ranger

Keith Hill lovers on 20:49 - Jan 2 by JimmyRustler

Just an aside about Steven Davies, I could accept it if his lack of fitness was simply due to a persistent injury but the guy is fat as f*ck and it's just another feature of the CBA nature which seems to be plaguing the club at the moment. Look at Logan when he was here and now look at the new svelte version at Mansfield. WTF is going on? Don't we have nutritionists and dietitians?

Its the same with Billy Kee who most on here would like to sign. I cant find one article of him that isn't about his poor fitness, him leathering somone in a nightclub, his battle with depression or an article that doesn't have an accompanying picture of him with a packet of crisps in his hand. Nightmare signing.
Keith Hill lovers on 21:04 - Jan 2 with 1527 viewsJimmyRustler

Keith Hill lovers on 21:01 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

Its the same with Billy Kee who most on here would like to sign. I cant find one article of him that isn't about his poor fitness, him leathering somone in a nightclub, his battle with depression or an article that doesn't have an accompanying picture of him with a packet of crisps in his hand. Nightmare signing.

I bet they're chicken flavoured Walkers as well. He does seem a bit of a madman like that..
Keith Hill lovers on 21:05 - Jan 2 with 1523 viewsrochdale_ranger

Keith Hill lovers on 20:47 - Jan 2 by finberty

Well said Nordenblue.

Unless the oystons have took over the boardroom should anybody have to be worried about what they say on here from a legal point of view?
Keith Hill lovers on 21:05 - Jan 2 with 1523 viewsfinberty

Keith Hill lovers on 21:01 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

Oh no. Sounds just like the proverbial Broken Toy.
Keith Hill lovers on 21:08 - Jan 2 with 1507 viewsrochdaleriddler

Keith Hill lovers on 21:05 - Jan 2 by finberty

Oh no. Sounds just like the proverbial Broken Toy.

I hate that term, the guy isn't well. Let's not even go there

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Keith Hill lovers on 21:11 - Jan 2 with 1486 viewsrochdaleriddler

Keith Hill lovers on 20:41 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

Virtually every transfer fee is undisclosed these days, often at the request of the buying club.

As ddb says, the figures are in the accounts every year.

Err no most fees are disclosed , as are injuries, illness etc and not 3 weeks later

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Keith Hill lovers on 21:13 - Jan 2 with 1476 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill lovers on 21:11 - Jan 2 by rochdaleriddler

Err no most fees are disclosed , as are injuries, illness etc and not 3 weeks later

Most fees aren't disclosed these days.

You're right about the other things, though.

Keith Hill lovers on 21:13 - Jan 2 with 1473 viewsrochdaleriddler

Keith Hill lovers on 18:52 - Jan 2 by dingdangblue

How does that help inform fans?

Keith Hill lovers on 21:14 - Jan 2 with 1457 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill lovers on 21:13 - Jan 2 by rochdaleriddler

Shareholders are fans.

Keith Hill lovers on 21:15 - Jan 2 with 1453 viewsnordenblue

Keith Hill lovers on 21:05 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

Unless the oystons have took over the boardroom should anybody have to be worried about what they say on here from a legal point of view?

Absolutely yes.... you're very much accountable for things posted on forums,websites,facebook etc more than ever.
Keith Hill lovers on 21:15 - Jan 2 with 1452 viewsrochdaleriddler

Keith Hill lovers on 15:43 - Jan 2 by Dale92

Eh?

Keith Hill lovers on 21:18 - Jan 2 with 1444 viewsrochdale_ranger

Keith Hill lovers on 21:13 - Jan 2 by rochdaleriddler

Exactly. Its okay if your well into the club and know every aspect of the coming and goings of the club like some on here like to make out they do with their cryptic posts. Its not so good if you just turn up to support the team and watch the match and aren't really interested in the club politics and all the shite that goes with it.
Keith Hill lovers on 21:28 - Jan 2 with 1418 viewsfitzochris

Keith Hill lovers on 21:18 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

Exactly. Its okay if your well into the club and know every aspect of the coming and goings of the club like some on here like to make out they do with their cryptic posts. Its not so good if you just turn up to support the team and watch the match and aren't really interested in the club politics and all the shite that goes with it.

But you’re wondering what’s been done with the transfer money. Surely that counts as “all the shite” that goes with the internal politics?

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024