Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keith Hill lovers 17:58 - Jan 1 with 21155 viewsDale23years

Explain this performance, find your excuses for your lovely manager

Poll: Renewing your season ticket

Keith Hill lovers on 21:28 - Jan 2 with 2187 viewsrochdaleriddler

Keith Hill lovers on 21:18 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

Exactly. Its okay if your well into the club and know every aspect of the coming and goings of the club like some on here like to make out they do with their cryptic posts. Its not so good if you just turn up to support the team and watch the match and aren't really interested in the club politics and all the shite that goes with it.

There are a lot of bullshitters on here that make you believe they are in the know , they know the intimate thoughts of the board , and know how much money we have. It's quite funny they know who we can afford , Keith hills breakfast plans etc . They are all sad old men, who pine for sub 1500 crowds and wallow in failure

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Keith Hill lovers on 21:48 - Jan 2 with 2183 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill lovers on 21:28 - Jan 2 by rochdaleriddler

There are a lot of bullshitters on here that make you believe they are in the know , they know the intimate thoughts of the board , and know how much money we have. It's quite funny they know who we can afford , Keith hills breakfast plans etc . They are all sad old men, who pine for sub 1500 crowds and wallow in failure

If he's going for breakfast at The White Hart, he might bump into you...

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Keith Hill lovers on 22:01 - Jan 2 with 2112 viewsrochdale_ranger

Keith Hill lovers on 21:28 - Jan 2 by fitzochris

But you’re wondering what’s been done with the transfer money. Surely that counts as “all the shite” that goes with the internal politics?

Knowing who is injured and how much money we have received for a player is basic information. I’m not all that interested in whether Russ Green has fired a gold bond agent off or other such club triviality that isn’t related to what’s going on on the pitch.
Keith Hill lovers on 22:05 - Jan 2 with 2094 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill lovers on 22:01 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

Knowing who is injured and how much money we have received for a player is basic information. I’m not all that interested in whether Russ Green has fired a gold bond agent off or other such club triviality that isn’t related to what’s going on on the pitch.

... like people banging a drum, you mean?

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Keith Hill lovers on 22:08 - Jan 2 with 2077 viewsfitzochris

Keith Hill lovers on 22:01 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

I actually agree with you. I think fans should be kept abreast of transfer fees, both paid and recouped, and especially injuries.

I think it’s important to be interested in the internal politics too. We are the unofficial stewards of the club and it’s only by being tuned in that we can become aware of anything that might hurt the club. I’m not saying that’s happening now, but it might not always be that way.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Keith Hill lovers on 22:14 - Jan 2 with 2052 viewsrochdale_ranger

Keith Hill lovers on 22:05 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

People over react to the kids with the drum. The criticism of the young kids who are the future of the club is unjust. I seen a load of old farts at Bradford away a few week back ( who were quite frankly dressed like semi tramps) offering a group of different younger supporters out with threats of violence for bemoaning how shit we were. That wasn’t picked up on on here. Maybe some of them ( one of them was pointing out that he had “ thirty five years of experience watching dale” ) are the same lot on here who overreact and try and stifle criticism on here. Like the riddler pointed out sad old men.
Keith Hill lovers on 22:23 - Jan 2 with 2021 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill lovers on 22:05 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

Ive never mentioned "where has the money gone" its non of my business who gets paid what. Salaries and bonus are earned, If Hill gets a cut directly related to transfers then so be it a performance related bonus is normal in management and if that's not an incentive to recruit well then what is? I don't buy into the argument that Hill or anybody connected with the club sells for pecuniary interest other than the well being of the club.

Having said that I genuinely thought we were flush. I genuinely expected that this year we could somewhat compete in the recruitment of players at a level better than we ever could before. So where has the money gone? its a genuine question not an accusation.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 22:28]

This is not the time for bickering.

Keith Hill lovers on 22:24 - Jan 2 with 2019 viewsTVOS1907

Keith Hill lovers on 22:14 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

People over react to the kids with the drum. The criticism of the young kids who are the future of the club is unjust. I seen a load of old farts at Bradford away a few week back ( who were quite frankly dressed like semi tramps) offering a group of different younger supporters out with threats of violence for bemoaning how shit we were. That wasn’t picked up on on here. Maybe some of them ( one of them was pointing out that he had “ thirty five years of experience watching dale” ) are the same lot on here who overreact and try and stifle criticism on here. Like the riddler pointed out sad old men.

It wasn't me pal.

For a start, I was dressed like a full tramp.

Login to get fewer ads

Keith Hill lovers on 22:31 - Jan 2 with 1989 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill lovers on 22:24 - Jan 2 by TVOS1907

It wasn't me pal.

For a start, I was dressed like a full tramp.

Like?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill lovers on 22:51 - Jan 2 with 1920 viewsDaley_Lama

Keith Hill lovers on 22:14 - Jan 2 by rochdale_ranger

I was quite happy with the junior chorists yesterday, they did their best to raise some kind of support in the TDS.

Then Blackpool scored and it sadly went awry. Songs such as ‘That’s why we’re going down’ could be taken as post-modern reverse ferret gallows humour, or it could be seen as abandoning all hope the moment things get tough.

They do this to me, occasionally i will see something good in them then they (individuals admittedly) cock it up by thowing stuff at away fans or being rather beastly to stewards and metal doors.

I’m half trampish depending on whether i can be bothered to shave. No other reason.

Poll: DF in or out

Keith Hill lovers on 23:04 - Jan 2 with 1885 viewsD_Alien

Keith Hill lovers on 22:51 - Jan 2 by Daley_Lama

I was quite happy with the junior chorists yesterday, they did their best to raise some kind of support in the TDS.

Then Blackpool scored and it sadly went awry. Songs such as ‘That’s why we’re going down’ could be taken as post-modern reverse ferret gallows humour, or it could be seen as abandoning all hope the moment things get tough.

They do this to me, occasionally i will see something good in them then they (individuals admittedly) cock it up by thowing stuff at away fans or being rather beastly to stewards and metal doors.

I’m half trampish depending on whether i can be bothered to shave. No other reason.

I was thinking pretty much the same thing yesterday. They were generating just about the only noise in the ground apart from groans, and even got a wave off Hilly whilst it stood at 0-0 but as you say, things went downhill (no pun intended) both on and off the pitch

But credit where it's due. I have been critical about certain things but without their support up to the first goal, it'd have been like a very wet and windy mausoleum

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Keith Hill lovers on 23:22 - Jan 2 with 1830 viewsdingdangblue

Keith Hill lovers on 21:13 - Jan 2 by rochdaleriddler

How does that help inform fans?

Usually the information gets posted on here after a shareholder's meeting - that's quite helpful to fans.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Keith Hill lovers on 23:24 - Jan 2 with 1826 viewsCleedale

On a previous thread it wasn't too difficult to work out from alleged & abbreviated accounts that expenditure for 2015/16 was around the £3m mark! Three MILLION!! Over £1.8 M just on player wages - not that it wasn't a worthy amount finishing 9th/10th - but perhaps shows the gulf. Were we at or very near the bottom for Div 1 for wages?

If we look at a few players that raised/are perhaps still raising some valuable coffers for the Dale - Hogan, Dawson, Lambert, Holt, Murray, Le-Fondre; in no particular order and there are others - it becomes pretty apparent how we are able to carry on; others have mentioned this.

On the radio yesterday, a football commentator was talking about non-league strikers on £2K+ per week and guess that some of these could well be part-time.

So, it's what we're up against all the time and I think remarkable we've got this far. I hope the outcome of League 1 survival is successful but it's going to be one hellishly tough run-in and a very strong test of managerial and player ability.

Perhaps more worryingly, regardless of season outcome, might be the expenditure in getting there and what kind of hole is left in the coffers for, say, season 17/18 and beyond.

I personally think footie is totally fcuked. The massive gulfs appearing, especially between the Prem/Champ and the also rans. The continual increase in footballer's wages regardless of skill or commitment and the massive hand that I guess their agents are playing behind the scenes in a manipulative manner to secure the next sale/add-on.

I feel a tad sorry, (only a tad), for the task in hand for The Club. Going down potentially opens the trap-door to the Conference where so many ex-League clubs flounder - a place where amazingly we've never been but also a graveyard that we would never, in theory, expect to return from.

Let's hope fortunes change.

UTD!
Keith Hill lovers on 00:01 - Jan 3 with 1750 viewskiwidale

Keith Hill lovers on 23:24 - Jan 2 by Cleedale

On a previous thread it wasn't too difficult to work out from alleged & abbreviated accounts that expenditure for 2015/16 was around the £3m mark! Three MILLION!! Over £1.8 M just on player wages - not that it wasn't a worthy amount finishing 9th/10th - but perhaps shows the gulf. Were we at or very near the bottom for Div 1 for wages?

If we look at a few players that raised/are perhaps still raising some valuable coffers for the Dale - Hogan, Dawson, Lambert, Holt, Murray, Le-Fondre; in no particular order and there are others - it becomes pretty apparent how we are able to carry on; others have mentioned this.

On the radio yesterday, a football commentator was talking about non-league strikers on £2K+ per week and guess that some of these could well be part-time.

So, it's what we're up against all the time and I think remarkable we've got this far. I hope the outcome of League 1 survival is successful but it's going to be one hellishly tough run-in and a very strong test of managerial and player ability.

Perhaps more worryingly, regardless of season outcome, might be the expenditure in getting there and what kind of hole is left in the coffers for, say, season 17/18 and beyond.

I personally think footie is totally fcuked. The massive gulfs appearing, especially between the Prem/Champ and the also rans. The continual increase in footballer's wages regardless of skill or commitment and the massive hand that I guess their agents are playing behind the scenes in a manipulative manner to secure the next sale/add-on.

I feel a tad sorry, (only a tad), for the task in hand for The Club. Going down potentially opens the trap-door to the Conference where so many ex-League clubs flounder - a place where amazingly we've never been but also a graveyard that we would never, in theory, expect to return from.

Let's hope fortunes change.

UTD!

A very well written post putting into perspective the struggle we have to be competitive both on and off the field. I'm of the opinion that relegation might be inevitable and also that it would not be the end of the world. Many clubs go through the cycle of promotion and relegation I would be happy for us to be one of those clubs, I just don't want another 40 yrs in the Rochdale division. Hill has done an amazing job in his two spells we have been spoiled they really have been golden years. I mentioned on another thread that Dumphy and the board are in a stick or twist situation, we got to where we are now by fiscal prudence, cutting our cloth accordingly its a model that has served us well and one that can be repeated with Hill and Dumphy at the helm. Those who advocate a splash the cash approach should be careful what they wish for,I expect some additions to the squad but they will be modest by comparison to Bury or Fleetwood who have just signed Madden on who knows what terms and what cost. If we survive then it will be another miracle if not we go again next season. I believe Dumphy and Hill will not gamble long term stability for short term gain that doesn't mean that they wont be looking for the right players maybe using the loan system to suppliment what we have already got.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 0:05]

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024