Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? 11:45 - Feb 27 with 1657 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

It would make a lot of sense? WOULDN'T IT ??? Will Pellegrino take ANY RISK?

ANSWER ..... Not A F'ING HOPE when his thought process comes out in the press as - I think the substitutions make a big impact on the team," said the Saints manager.
"Josh because he is an intelligent guy, running behind and being always close to the strikers and was really close to score.

"Sofiane allow us to have three or four free kicks in the frontal area and Manolo scored the goal.

"It's important when the team has got people from the bench ready mentally because in this type of game when it's really really tough the substitution can be important."

To pinch a quote - UNBELIEVABLE!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 11:56 - Feb 27 with 1407 viewsSaintNick

If you were at Burnley then you might have been one of the many who were berating Pellegrino for not knowing what he was doing, up until that final minute Josh Sims had made one good run and shot that produced a save and Gabbiadini looked lost with no service.

The fans were not praising Pellegrino for these substitutions that was for sur, they paid off so does that suddenly make him a good manager ? No one seems to be giving him credit for such brave substitutions.

Truth is on Saturday he will be a brave man to go two up front and risk Stoke overwhelming us in midfield and getting a goal that will then see them retreat back into their own half with everyone behind the ball.

Brave decisions are for the final third of the game, we need to slowly build our momentum rathe rthan throw caution to the wind, look how Brighton blitzed us early on got a goal and then sat back

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 12:05 - Feb 27 with 1395 viewssaints__fan__73

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 11:56 - Feb 27 by SaintNick

If you were at Burnley then you might have been one of the many who were berating Pellegrino for not knowing what he was doing, up until that final minute Josh Sims had made one good run and shot that produced a save and Gabbiadini looked lost with no service.

The fans were not praising Pellegrino for these substitutions that was for sur, they paid off so does that suddenly make him a good manager ? No one seems to be giving him credit for such brave substitutions.

Truth is on Saturday he will be a brave man to go two up front and risk Stoke overwhelming us in midfield and getting a goal that will then see them retreat back into their own half with everyone behind the ball.

Brave decisions are for the final third of the game, we need to slowly build our momentum rathe rthan throw caution to the wind, look how Brighton blitzed us early on got a goal and then sat back

Going 2 up front is obv a no no as no one plays 442 in the PL but we could go 4-3-3
JWP Romeu Lemina
Sims Carrillo Gabbiadini

Obv he won't though.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 12:11 - Feb 27 with 1388 viewsarfurdent

no

white Fiat driver wanted for Paris tours, discount for Yanks

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 12:16 - Feb 27 with 1385 viewsWinchesterExile

I'm afraid Pellegrino has had his day. There's no way back for him for the majority of fans. No doubt not all his decisions are bad but our position in the table doesen't lie. I realise that the points difference between us and 7th is only 10 points but to not have at least 35 points at this stage of the season is terrible and definately a step back from the last few seasons.

We can't keep a manager who's taken us backward
Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 12:18 - Feb 27 with 1380 viewsgrumpy

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 11:56 - Feb 27 by SaintNick

He wasn't that brave, he only put Gabbiadini on with 9 minutes of normal time left.
I don't get why he would be a brave man'to go two up front and risk Stoke overwhelming us us in midfield '...
Saints should show no fear,particularly at home where the emphasis should be on us to come forward.
The strategy should favour us not our opponents at home
As for no one playing 4 4 2 in the Prem.thats ok if it suits you but it obviously doesn't suit us because that's why we are where we are.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 12:22]
Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 12:23 - Feb 27 with 1365 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 12:18 - Feb 27 by grumpy

He wasn't that brave, he only put Gabbiadini on with 9 minutes of normal time left.
I don't get why he would be a brave man'to go two up front and risk Stoke overwhelming us us in midfield '...
Saints should show no fear,particularly at home where the emphasis should be on us to come forward.
The strategy should favour us not our opponents at home
As for no one playing 4 4 2 in the Prem.thats ok if it suits you but it obviously doesn't suit us because that's why we are where we are.
[Post edited 27 Feb 2018 12:22]

Well said grumpy.

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 12:34 - Feb 27 with 1357 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

they paid off ! ............ Is Pellegrino being brave? Come on ............ He was backed into a corner and HAD to make changes.

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 12:40 - Feb 27 with 1347 viewsarfurdent

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 12:16 - Feb 27 by WinchesterExile

I'm afraid Pellegrino has had his day. There's no way back for him for the majority of fans. No doubt not all his decisions are bad but our position in the table doesen't lie. I realise that the points difference between us and 7th is only 10 points but to not have at least 35 points at this stage of the season is terrible and definately a step back from the last few seasons.

does he actually care? He is still getting paid more than most on here

white Fiat driver wanted for Paris tours, discount for Yanks

Login to get fewer ads

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 14:43 - Feb 27 with 1295 viewsThermosNBlanket

I dont get why when sides only play up front we have to have 4 at the back....our squad is perfect for 3-5-2

Lifes a marathon not a sprint

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 16:16 - Feb 27 with 1246 viewsSaintNick

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 12:34 - Feb 27 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

they paid off ! ............ Is Pellegrino being brave? Come on ............ He was backed into a corner and HAD to make changes.

I am no fan of Pellegrino, but it seems that in some peoples eyes he can do no right and will get no credit whatever the situation, I at least try to just give him stick for the things he does wrong, not when he gets it right and it pays off .

I get the feeling that Pellegrino could win the last ten league games plus the three cup games and have a storming end to the season and most of our fans would say he wasnt the reason he was just backed into a corner lol

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 16:37 - Feb 27 with 1235 viewssaint22

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 16:16 - Feb 27 by SaintNick

I am no fan of Pellegrino, but it seems that in some peoples eyes he can do no right and will get no credit whatever the situation, I at least try to just give him stick for the things he does wrong, not when he gets it right and it pays off .

I get the feeling that Pellegrino could win the last ten league games plus the three cup games and have a storming end to the season and most of our fans would say he wasnt the reason he was just backed into a corner lol

Saturday will I prove a lot
He should be playing Sims, Boufal, Gabbi and/or Carillo and really get at Stoke and be two up at HT
If he reverts to type ad goes defensive from the off it shows he is learning nothing and knows no other way to play
Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 16:52 - Feb 27 with 1230 viewsHeisenberg

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 16:37 - Feb 27 by saint22

Saturday will I prove a lot
He should be playing Sims, Boufal, Gabbi and/or Carillo and really get at Stoke and be two up at HT
If he reverts to type ad goes defensive from the off it shows he is learning nothing and knows no other way to play

Tickets are still available.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 21:06 - Feb 27 with 1164 viewsWinchesterExile

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 16:16 - Feb 27 by SaintNick

Rightly or wrongly you’re correct. No matter how we do for the rest of the season he won’t win the fans back. It’s only a case of when he goes, not if.

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 21:15 - Feb 27 with 1151 viewssaint68

I fully expect secure a point rather than all 3 is paramount in the ponces thoughts.

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 21:24 - Feb 27 with 1142 viewsHeisenberg

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 21:06 - Feb 27 by WinchesterExile

Rightly or wrongly you’re correct. No matter how we do for the rest of the season he won’t win the fans back. It’s only a case of when he goes, not if.

It's clear if he goes it will be at the end of the season. All we can do is hope and get behind the team.

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 22:04 - Feb 27 with 1131 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 21:15 - Feb 27 by saint68

I fully expect secure a point rather than all 3 is paramount in the ponces thoughts.

Saints are AT HOME - NO FLAIR or POSITIVE IMAGINATIVE TEAM CONSTRUCTION ...... Just Let's hold on for a point with plenty of - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING ALL the bloody time!

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 22:18 - Feb 27 with 1126 viewssaint68

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 22:04 - Feb 27 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

Saints are AT HOME - NO FLAIR or POSITIVE IMAGINATIVE TEAM CONSTRUCTION ...... Just Let's hold on for a point with plenty of - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING - NEGATIVE THINKING ALL the bloody time!

He will stick to HIS IDEAS!!!

Or scramble to save a point late on.

I hope he goes for the jugular, plays for all 3 points and succeeds.

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 05:08 - Feb 28 with 1048 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 22:18 - Feb 27 by saint68

Would be great to see 68 - but FEAR is in his mindset all the time .... producing dull unattractive play, but no matter what - the maximum 3 points would be very handy for us!

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 07:27 - Feb 28 with 1007 viewspatred

Pellegrino's setup is actually OK for playing away against a very attacking side. It's designed to frustrate and deny posscesion.
But at home, against teams like Stoke who will come here designed to do exactly the same to us.
He has to show some faith in our squad to outplay such teams. He has to sacrifice a DM for a creative player, or a player that will attack them with pace.
The threat to us is they could break on us, but we should have the wherewithall to be aware of a team like Stoke. We all know 75% of their attacks will go through Crouch, with Shaqiri picking up the 2nd ball.
It's the way Lambert sets up his team.
If we are so afraid of that, that it dictates we play defencively, then the manager shouldn't be in the job.
We have to dictate the game, force the pace, not just sit back waiting to see what they can do. The onus is entirely on us to do just that if we want all three points.
Anything less will enforce the idea that Pellegrino is a frightened manager who has transfered his 'fear' to his squad.

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 07:55 - Feb 28 with 991 viewssaint22

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 22:18 - Feb 27 by saint68

If only and the fact he can when up against it IE this past weekend means he really should throw everything at Stoke Saturday
They are a shambles at the back, Boufal will win endless free kicks

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 08:32 - Feb 28 with 967 viewsBuggalugs

As we all know OUR MIDFIELD IS SHITE, I'd just do away with them all-together and stick 6 UP FRONT. It's only Stoke at home ffs, so it's about time Pellegrino GREW SOME NUTS and get's RIGHT AT 'EM front the start. If we flood their penalty area with attackers; Guido, Manolo, Josh, Sofiane, Dusan and Redders, I'd expect us to be AT LEAST 6 UP BY HALF TIME.

SIMPLES

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 09:50 - Feb 28 with 938 viewssaint68

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 08:32 - Feb 28 by Buggalugs

As we all know OUR MIDFIELD IS SHITE, I'd just do away with them all-together and stick 6 UP FRONT. It's only Stoke at home ffs, so it's about time Pellegrino GREW SOME NUTS and get's RIGHT AT 'EM front the start. If we flood their penalty area with attackers; Guido, Manolo, Josh, Sofiane, Dusan and Redders, I'd expect us to be AT LEAST 6 UP BY HALF TIME.

SIMPLES

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 10:20 - Feb 28 with 932 viewsgrumpy

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 08:32 - Feb 28 by Buggalugs

SIMPLES

Nah!Lets sit back and pack our penalty area,if we're lucky we will get a draw or even just a 1-0 defeat.
One of our defenders might score, you never know.

Simples
[Post edited 28 Feb 2018 10:24]
Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 10:33 - Feb 28 with 928 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 07:55 - Feb 28 by saint22

If only and the fact he can when up against it IE this past weekend means he really should throw everything at Stoke Saturday
They are a shambles at the back, Boufal will win endless free kicks

Agree 22 - but we all know of his spineless negative, unimaginative, thought process that seems to run through his D.N.A. which will mean NO CHANCE, unless we are 0-3 behind, only then do Saints start playing for a draw.

Good point about Boufal winning free kicks, and should Ryan Shawcross play I can see a couple of pens are on the cards.

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 11:28 - Feb 28 with 910 viewsBaselSaint

Will Pellegrino start with the same side - that finished at Burnley? on 12:16 - Feb 27 by WinchesterExile

He has taken far to long to settle. The EPL has had him caught in the headlights like a frightened deer. Not a good appointment at all. Even if we survive he is still toast. - hope Reed goes too, way too many f*ck ups..

Poll: Did You Vote LEAVE Because;

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020