Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looks like Hughes!! 22:55 - Mar 12 with 4016 viewssaintmary5

According to Sky Hughes looks most likely to be next manager.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11700/11287775/

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:46 - Mar 13 with 1187 views1885_SFC

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:43 - Mar 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

He left to head back north, and to have the opportunity to spend a bit of money, and not have to bring the youth through.

Two more reasons why he wouldn't suit your club.

He left to head back north... as he couldn't stand living in such a depressing shíthole as Portsmouth.

There. Fixed it for you.

Love life. Love music.

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:48 - Mar 13 with 1178 views130yrs_and_one_Cup

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:46 - Mar 13 by 1885_SFC

He left to head back north... as he couldn't stand living in such a depressing shíthole as Portsmouth.

There. Fixed it for you.

I don't believe many tourists visit your town
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 8:52]

Poll: Is Southampton FC a big club. Where do they rank?

Looks like Hughes!! on 09:02 - Mar 13 with 1150 viewsUlsterBaz

Not for me.

Looks like Hughes!! on 09:15 - Mar 13 with 1131 viewsBoris_

One of the main reasons for our decline was player power and a clique group of senior players who dominated both Puel and MP. Hughes will stamp that out on the first day.

Poll: Claude Puel

Looks like Hughes!! on 09:17 - Mar 13 with 1120 viewscornetto

If it's Hughes and we beat Wigan, will our fans chant "Hughes-eh, Hughes-eh" in a plastic northern accent?

Poll: Now Hughes is confirmed, what area will he settle down in?

Looks like Hughes!! on 09:17 - Mar 13 with 1119 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Looks like Hughes!! on 09:15 - Mar 13 by Boris_

One of the main reasons for our decline was player power and a clique group of senior players who dominated both Puel and MP. Hughes will stamp that out on the first day.

Absolutely, it'd the one silver lining of a Hughes appointment; these players put back in the box.

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Looks like Hughes!! on 09:26 - Mar 13 with 1105 viewsKemp_Not_Martin

Not sure if this is right or wrong as the old memory box isn't what it used to be, but when Hughes was here as a player he went public in his hatred for the place no?

Poll: Quickie Poll. Tonights Outcome.

Looks like Hughes!! on 09:27 - Mar 13 with 1098 viewsianbranflake

Our man at the Telegraph seems to think he’s the favourite

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/03/13/mark-hughes-favourite-southampto

Poll: Best team our fans have felated whilst getting rimmed 6-0

Login to get fewer ads

on 09:34 - Mar 13 with 1077 views_

Poll: Sundays match v spurs.. Would you rather.....

Looks like Hughes!! on 09:35 - Mar 13 with 1073 viewsBar_Brother

If it's Hughes this time next year we will be a mid table championship side. Horrible individual who plays percentage, physical boring football- Ask Stoke and QPR fans what they think of him - it would be a match made in Hell!
Looks like Hughes!! on 09:42 - Mar 13 with 1059 viewsdirk_doone

Looks like Hughes!! on 09:26 - Mar 13 by Kemp_Not_Martin

Not sure if this is right or wrong as the old memory box isn't what it used to be, but when Hughes was here as a player he went public in his hatred for the place no?

He is in the line of players, like Dixon and Grobelaar, who viewed us with contempt because he'd been at a big club. But, that's been the case at just about every club he's been at since he left Manchester.

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Looks like Hughes!! on 09:54 - Mar 13 with 1020 viewsBison

His prem league stats , he did ok until 2009.

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/mark-hughes/

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/mauricio-pellegrino/

[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 9:56]

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Should I renew my 2 Season tickets this year or buy a share in a reacehorse ?

Looks like Hughes!! on 09:59 - Mar 13 with 1007 viewsKemp_Not_Martin

Looks like Hughes!! on 09:54 - Mar 13 by Bison

His prem league stats , he did ok until 2009.

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/mark-hughes/

http://www.managerstats.co.uk/managers/mauricio-pellegrino/

[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 9:56]

I think Hughes did OK at Stoke until recently when he had gotten stale and been there too long. Dour bloke, plays crap football but has had moderate success in terms of keeping up budget clubs etc.

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:06 - Mar 13 with 995 viewspatred

Looks like Hughes!! on 07:10 - Mar 13 by saint22

Pat I often agree with what you say but I am not sure Hughes is right
We need someone with ambition, someone who knows whats needed this season to survive and has a plan for next and beyond
Has Hughes ever really been a good manager? Played good football, done anything? its a sideways step at best
I know its dream land but Silva or AVB for me

As I said Hughes wouldn't be my 1st choice. I'm actually not all that bothered who gets it in a way.
Whoever gets it, is on a hiding to nothing. We are odds on favourites to go down.
But, if they had left Pellegrino in charge we would have lost the players all together and been in danger of being cast adrift.
A new manager is almost our last chance of turning things round and has a massive job to bringing back some respect to this club.
And, for that reason alone, he deserves mine, and everyone's 100% support.
So, if it's Sparky, then he's the best thing since slice bread

doing the same thing only results in the same thing
Poll: who will go if Maddison comes in ?

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:08 - Mar 13 with 991 viewsSonicBoom

We are in an unfortunate situation now.
Ideally the club would want to get to summer and then take time working on a new appointment.
But we don't have that luxury now. We have to appoint someone. Hopefully we do have a succession plan and we simply go to our list. But that depends on availability and whether we have enough time. If not then people like Hughes come into the reckoning.
I think if we had more time then Hughes would not have a sniff of this job.

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:19 - Mar 13 with 974 viewsdirk_doone

Stoke City fans have got their fingers crossed that it's Hughes:

lilfraise
Stoke City Legend

We have a small chance of staying up now. We had absolutely no chance with Hughes.

eddyclamp
Stoke City Legend

I hope Hughes get`s the job , that`s them f-cked. Just one spot left now.

Bojan Mackey
All Time Stoke City XI

Hughes in. Go on, send two clubs down in one season you boring, useless prick.

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:20 - Mar 13 with 970 viewspatred

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:08 - Mar 13 by SonicBoom

Ideally the club would want to get to summer and then take time working on a new appointment.
But we don't have that luxury now. We have to appoint someone. Hopefully we do have a succession plan and we simply go to our list. But that depends on availability and whether we have enough time. If not then people like Hughes come into the reckoning.

preciseley Sonic.

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:26 - Mar 13 with 955 viewsSalisburySaint

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:08 - Mar 13 by SonicBoom

Spot on, we've left it so late to change we are in the postion where there is now little choice over possible replacements

I don't like Hughes but he is a strong manager and would shake up the players, which with only eight games left is what we need if we are to have any hope of staying up
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 11:42]
Looks like Hughes!! on 10:31 - Mar 13 with 941 viewsdirk_doone

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:26 - Mar 13 by SalisburySaint

Spot on, we've left it so late to change we are in the postion where there is now little choice over possible replacements

I don't like Hughes but he is a strong manager and would shake up the players, which with only eight games left is what we need if we are to have any hope of staying up
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 11:42]

One of the reasons Hughes got sacked was that his Stoke team capitulated so easily and got absolutely thrashed by top sides, including a 7-2 defeat to Man City, and our remaining fixtures are mostly against top sides, finishing wih one against Man City. The final straw was when his Stoke team were knocked out of the FA Cup by a League Two side. We're playing a League One side in the FA Cup next. Our next League game is against West Ham. His Stoke team lost 3-0 at home to them. Our next home game is against Chelsea. His Stoke team lost 5-0 to them.

Anyone but Hughes please. Hopefully, the Hughes rumours have been started by the club so that the fans will be over the moon when we get anybody else.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2018 10:43]

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:42 - Mar 13 with 914 viewsRon11

Looks like Hughes!! on 08:43 - Mar 13 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

He left to head back north, and to have the opportunity to spend a bit of money, and not have to bring the youth through.

Two more reasons why he wouldn't suit your club.

C'mon you Gills!
Looks like Hughes!! on 10:44 - Mar 13 with 911 viewsianbranflake

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:31 - Mar 13 by dirk_doone

One of the reasons Hughes got sacked was that his Stoke team capitulated so easily and got absolutely thrashed by top sides, including a 7-2 defeat to Man City, and our remaining fixtures are mostly against top sides, finishing wih one against Man City. The final straw was when his Stoke team were knocked out of the FA Cup by a League Two side. We're playing a League One side in the FA Cup next. Our next League game is against West Ham. His Stoke team lost 3-0 at home to them. Our next home game is against Chelsea. His Stoke team lost 5-0 to them.

Anyone but Hughes please. Hopefully, the Hughes rumours have been started by the club so that the fans will be over the moon when we get anybody else.

I’m sure you will give Hughes a fair crack if he comes in Dirk despite your team of researchers scouring the internet for negative opinions of him already. The beauty of the internet though is that if he does come in and happens to do well you can always go back and edit this thread to make it look like you were in favour of him all along 😉

Poll: Best team our fans have felated whilst getting rimmed 6-0

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:44 - Mar 13 with 911 viewsBuggalugs

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:31 - Mar 13 by dirk_doone

One of Les's famous pr leaks?

This is what I'm pinning my hopes on too to be fair.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:53 - Mar 13 with 891 viewsdirk_doone

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:44 - Mar 13 by Buggalugs

One of Les's famous pr leaks?

This is what I'm pinning my hopes on too to be fair.

Yes, hopefully another PR masterstroke by Les.

Looks like Hughes!! on 11:16 - Mar 13 with 854 viewspatred

Looks like Hughes!! on 10:53 - Mar 13 by dirk_doone

Yes, hopefully another PR masterstroke by Les.

We are firmly in the situation of 'Beggars can't be Choosers'

Looks like Hughes!! on 11:32 - Mar 13 with 831 viewsKemp_Not_Martin

Looks like Hughes!! on 11:16 - Mar 13 by patred

We are firmly in the situation of 'Beggars can't be Choosers'

With that being the case, Hughes or Pullis?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2020