Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... 15:31 - Mar 13 with 1365 viewssuzie

If correct, IMHO it's an unmitigated disaster for our club ... his mediocre track record speaks volumes and if he's not up to the Stoke job no one in their right mind could possibly think he's the ideal manager for us.

Poll: Would you welcome Koeman back to the club?

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 15:33 - Mar 13 with 1359 viewsstmichael

Thing is for several years he was up to the Stoke job.
Top 9 finishes Shakiri Bojan Anoutovitch etc
Upgrade on Pellegrino that's for sure
Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 16:08 - Mar 13 with 1282 viewskingslandstand1

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 15:33 - Mar 13 by stmichael

Thing is for several years he was up to the Stoke job.
Top 9 finishes Shakiri Bojan Anoutovitch etc
Upgrade on Pellegrino that's for sure

I'd be an upgrade on Pellegrino .................
Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 16:16 - Mar 13 with 1264 viewsBar_Brother

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 16:08 - Mar 13 by kingslandstand1

I'd be an upgrade on Pellegrino .................

Speaking to fans and looking at fans polls it is quite clear that Hughes being named as manager will be met with a muted and fairly underwhelmed response. As has been stated on many forums he falls into the same bracket as Moyes, Allardyce, Pullis and Pardew. Surely Reed must know this - or is he completely incompetent?
Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 16:20 - Mar 13 with 1256 viewssuzie

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 16:16 - Mar 13 by Bar_Brother

Speaking to fans and looking at fans polls it is quite clear that Hughes being named as manager will be met with a muted and fairly underwhelmed response. As has been stated on many forums he falls into the same bracket as Moyes, Allardyce, Pullis and Pardew. Surely Reed must know this - or is he completely incompetent?

Now let me think ... ummmm ... Yup! Completely incompetent.

Poll: Would you welcome Koeman back to the club?

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 16:28 - Mar 13 with 1244 viewsKemp_Not_Martin

Are people just ignoring his good record with Stoke before? Come on, give the bloke a chance.

Poll: Quickie Poll. Tonights Outcome.

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 17:23 - Mar 13 with 1126 viewsDockersRottingCorpse

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 16:28 - Mar 13 by Kemp_Not_Martin

Are people just ignoring his good record with Stoke before? Come on, give the bloke a chance.

Hes average at best and a short term stop gap.

If appointed on a long term contract then the board need to be terminated at the end of the season and the club put back up for sale.

Poll: What does Arthur use to Floss?

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 17:23 - Mar 13 with 1126 viewsgreen

Reminds me a bit of when we appointed Strachan - he’d relegated Coventry and his stock was not very high and the initial news was not met with great enthusiasm. That turned out alright.
Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 18:05 - Mar 13 with 1010 viewscornetto

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 17:23 - Mar 13 by green

Reminds me a bit of when we appointed Strachan - he’d relegated Coventry and his stock was not very high and the initial news was not met with great enthusiasm. That turned out alright.

I’m sure I remember reading about that on a Sunday night via teletext, and not being impressed.

Poll: Now Hughes is confirmed, what area will he settle down in?

Login to get fewer ads

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 18:10 - Mar 13 with 987 viewsUlsterBaz

Uninspiring but better than what we had 24 hours ago.
Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 20:16 - Mar 13 with 789 viewsHappy_Jack

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 17:23 - Mar 13 by green

Exactly. If it is Hughes, give the bloke a chance ffs

Millbrook Furnishing shop floor level banter
Poll: Who on this forum has the most impressive contact list on their phone?

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 20:22 - Mar 13 with 768 viewsthis_charming_man

About time. Didn’t you know we had always planned to make Hughes our manager. We have admired him for a long time and has always been at the top of the list of managers that les has in his office which only he has access to. We know who we want to replace our outgoing manager, we constantly monitor them and mark is the outstanding candidate and our first choice. The fact he’s also unemployed is an amazing coincidence

Official club mongboard liaison officer
Poll: So whose fault is it?

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 21:03 - Mar 13 with 705 viewscornetto

Hughes now 1/6 with sky bet

Poll: Now Hughes is confirmed, what area will he settle down in?

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 21:28 - Mar 13 with 659 viewsKennington

If we needed any further proof that the era of gold toilets and aiming for the champions league is over, it’s Mark Hughes becoming manager. Still though a massive upgrade on Pellegrino. But the Ralph and Jisheng Gao little old Saints narrative is clearly being put into action.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 21:32 - Mar 13 with 637 viewsBoris_

If it is Hughes until the end of the season on a short term contract that it's very smart by the club.

Knows the division and knows how to get teams fighting.

Definitely not the answer long-term but there's few managers available I'd rather have for the remainder of the season, when we need our players to dig in and fight.

Poll: Claude Puel

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 22:09 - Mar 13 with 566 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 21:32 - Mar 13 by Boris_

If it is Hughes until the end of the season on a short term contract that it's very smart by the club.

Definitely not the answer long-term but there's few managers available I'd rather have for the remainder of the season, when we need our players to dig in and fight.

Agreed. I favoured Bilic, but Hughes will do just fine for the remainder of the season. Hopefully he'll knock a few heads together and crucially, as a striker with a VERY good pedigree, tell some of our useless c**ts how to score.

Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 22:10 - Mar 13 with 562 viewsthis_charming_man

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 21:32 - Mar 13 by Boris_

Is the right answer.

Official club mongboard liaison officer
Poll: So whose fault is it?

Jeremy Wilson, in the Telegraph, says it'll be Hughes in the next 24 hours ... on 22:55 - Mar 13 with 488 viewshedgeend61

Look, if we'd have kept MP till the end of the season, it would be a near certainty he would have taken us down without a whimper, sleepwalking into the Championship. Most of our fans had already lost the will to live.

Who do our fans think we'd really get in our current state? Pep, Jose, Jurgen? Get real ffs.

Mark Hughes has a 40% win rate in his career, only really failed at the basket case that is QPR, and never relegated a side. Do you think he's going to put up with lightweight fannys like Tadic and Redmond waiving their arms around for 50 bags a week.

Those who want Silva think again, he'll only be here 5 minutes till fat Sam gets the sack.

If we go down, we go down, it happens, but whatever happens let it be with a bit of fight rather than the white flag so far of this season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2018