Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Bertrand in England squad 14:05 - May 16 with 903 viewsBison

Serves him right .

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Should I renew my 2 Season tickets this year or buy a share in a reacehorse ?

No Bertrand in England squad on 14:10 - May 16 with 889 viewsTheKraken

Danny Rose and Gashley Young though. Dear me, that's a shocker.
No Bertrand in England squad on 14:11 - May 16 with 888 viewsBison

No Bertrand in England squad on 14:10 - May 16 by TheKraken

Yep he is better than both of them.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Should I renew my 2 Season tickets this year or buy a share in a reacehorse ?

No Bertrand in England squad on 14:14 - May 16 with 880 viewssaint22

No Bertrand in England squad on 14:10 - May 16 by TheKraken

Astonishing

No Bertrand in England squad on 14:27 - May 16 with 851 viewsSonicBoom

Does it matter? We'll be **** anyway.
No Bertrand in England squad on 14:43 - May 16 with 822 viewssaint22

No Bertrand in England squad on 14:27 - May 16 by SonicBoom

Does it matter? We'll be **** anyway.

No it doesn't matter for England
however if we want to keep him and he sees Rose at Spurs play about 3 games and get called up for England, then Rose moves in the summer where will Ryan go?
[Post edited 16 May 14:43]

No Bertrand in England squad on 14:50 - May 16 with 798 viewssaints__fan__73

Bertrand won't be seen again in Saints shirt. Whether he went to the WC or not was irrelevent to that.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

No Bertrand in England squad on 14:50 - May 16 with 798 viewsRon11

No Bertrand in England squad on 14:43 - May 16 by saint22

however if we want to keep him and he sees Rose at Spurs play about 3 games and get called up for England, then Rose moves in the summer where will Ryan go?

Man Titty

No Bertrand in England squad on 16:49 - May 16 with 702 viewsUlsterBaz

Why is anyone surprised? He’s looked very average for most of this season. (How much blame for that is on him and how much is down to Pellegrino effect is debatable.)
Login to get fewer ads

No Bertrand in England squad on 17:59 - May 16 with 641 viewsA1079

I have little confidence that England will do well, no matter who is picked, though I don't think Southgate is any worse (or better) than recent predecessors. I just don't think most players in the national team actually care that much unless, they are new to it and hope to put themselves in the window and boost their own position and brand, or they are towards the end of their careers and they hope for one last bit of success. The quality of home grown talent is not that great, partly because the opportunities at the highest level in England are not that great.

As regards Bertrand, he hasn't had a great season, but then he has been in a poorly performing team with poor management, though you could argue, that a player of his calibre and ability should have been one of those that others were looking to for leadership. I don't think he is any less deserving to be in the England team than some of those picked, but by and large you have to say, a majority of those picked emanate from London, Liverpool or Manchester - perhaps no wonder therefore, that any club outside those cities struggle to retain quality players.

I suspect Bertrand is going this summer anyway, irrespective of this.

Just need to get the manager thing sorted this week and he can move onto sorting the squad out nice and early for a change. It is nearly Friday!
No Bertrand in England squad on 20:10 - May 16 with 513 viewscornetto

No Bertrand in England squad on 14:43 - May 16 by saint22

So you are saying Saints players who play for England are more likely to stay at Saints?

Poll: Now Hughes is confirmed, what area will he settle down in?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2018