Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blog: a Dale fan abroad 11:55 - Jul 29 with 3578 viewsRochdaleAFC.com

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/48310/blog-a-dale-fan-abroa

If you want to remove this post from the board index, just click the hide post icon below. To hide all our news posts click the ignore user icon under the avatar.
Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 13:27 - Jul 29 with 3493 viewsdownunder

Hope Salzburg is similar to my visit there, over 45 years ago. Beautiful City.

Life/ weekends do change, even for exiles, when the season begins. It took the reading of your article for me to realise how close it is. As always, luck is needed at the right time of the season, to ensure a high finish in the league. Here's hoping my gut feeling that 9th place will be bettered comes true.
Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 16:49 - Jul 29 with 3326 viewsdavidab2202

Well written and touches a nerve as someone who upon retirement chose to spend a fair amount of time in a kinder climate.Even when you are couple of thousand miles away ,come Saturday you don a Dale polo shirt(My wife draws the line of a slightly?? overweight 70 year old wearing a football shirt) and wish you were heading up to Spotland,still full of hope and anticipation before the start of a new season even after 65 years of accepting that at times we were not very good and some of the short comings of the lads out on the park they are still and always will be MY team.
Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 21:40 - Jul 29 with 3195 viewskiwidale

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 16:49 - Jul 29 by davidab2202

Well written and touches a nerve as someone who upon retirement chose to spend a fair amount of time in a kinder climate.Even when you are couple of thousand miles away ,come Saturday you don a Dale polo shirt(My wife draws the line of a slightly?? overweight 70 year old wearing a football shirt) and wish you were heading up to Spotland,still full of hope and anticipation before the start of a new season even after 65 years of accepting that at times we were not very good and some of the short comings of the lads out on the park they are still and always will be MY team.

After 40 yrs in exile I still feel the nerves I couldn't watch the last game v Charlton live until we scored after that it was awful knowing Oldham might score again... Spotland or Crown arena is a special place for me I can still smell the pipe tobacco and liniment.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2018 21:45]

This is not the time for bickering.

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 09:44 - Jul 30 with 3035 viewschalky_ncfc

A very enjoyable read,I doubt that this season will have the up's and downs of last season,how can you possibly top drawing a top six club in the FA Cup and then taking them to a replay at Wembley,being in the news all week because of the state of the pitch,spending most of the season near the bottom when it's fair to say that a lot of Daleys had given up on league one survival as the games slowly ebbed away only to stay up in the fina! minutes of the final game at the expense of local your local rivals,No it's not going to anywhere as memorable as that but I hope that it comes close

Good luck Rochdale

Poll: Do you now think that Notts have suffered enough since Munto?

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 14:28 - Jul 30 with 2889 viewsNigeriamark

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 13:27 - Jul 29 by downunder

Life/ weekends do change, even for exiles, when the season begins. It took the reading of your article for me to realise how close it is. As always, luck is needed at the right time of the season, to ensure a high finish in the league. Here's hoping my gut feeling that 9th place will be bettered comes true.

It's true that it affects your weekend even if you don't live there. I am thinking of buying a Dynamo Kiev season ticket. However it looks that if I watch the Dale games on I follow, I will then have to jump into a taxi and will only see the second half of the Kiev games.

Decisions decisions, but will have to see if I can watch the second half of Dale games on my phone in the Kiev stadium otherwise wont bother with the season ticket
Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 15:09 - Jul 30 with 2856 viewsdavidab2202

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 13:27 - Jul 29 by downunder

Lovely City, We visited around about the same time.
We have not returned to Austria since but have actually booked a trip to Vienna early in September this year. Can't say that my Dale attire will be making the trip but any match day action will be closely monitored
Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 15:40 - Jul 30 with 2830 viewsAtThePeake

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 15:09 - Jul 30 by davidab2202

Lovely City, We visited around about the same time.
We have not returned to Austria since but have actually booked a trip to Vienna early in September this year. Can't say that my Dale attire will be making the trip but any match day action will be closely monitored

Booked a visit to Vienna on the fly a couple of years ago and absolutely loved it. Definitely somewhere I want to go back to as soon as possible. Enjoy.

Great read by the way Jan.

Tangled up in blue.

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 20:57 - Jul 30 with 2695 viewsDaleAddict

Thanks for the kind words everyone, and great to hear from other Dale fans in a similar position around the world. I'm hoping to keep up with the blog throughout the season as long as life doesn't get too much in the way.

I don't imagine the old town of Salzburg has changed much at all since you were here; it's still very recognisable from the Sound of Music! We also enjoy Vienna; me for the history, the Mrs for the shops! The last time I was there was to run the Vienna Marathon, so there are now parts of the city that I don't have quite such fond memories of!

Blog: A Dale Fan Abroad - Reflections on Burton Albion 1 Rochdale 2

Login to get fewer ads

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 21:41 - Jul 30 with 2651 viewsTVOS1907

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 20:57 - Jul 30 by DaleAddict

Thanks for the kind words everyone, and great to hear from other Dale fans in a similar position around the world. I'm hoping to keep up with the blog throughout the season as long as life doesn't get too much in the way.

I don't imagine the old town of Salzburg has changed much at all since you were here; it's still very recognisable from the Sound of Music! We also enjoy Vienna; me for the history, the Mrs for the shops! The last time I was there was to run the Vienna Marathon, so there are now parts of the city that I don't have quite such fond memories of!

I never had her down as a shopaholic! Pass on my regards.

What's happened to that Bobbyjoe chap?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 09:07 - Jul 31 with 2522 viewsDaleAddict

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 21:41 - Jul 30 by TVOS1907

I never had her down as a shopaholic! Pass on my regards.

What's happened to that Bobbyjoe chap?

Regards passed on and reciprocated.

Bobbyjoe remains an enigma (although that might be giving him too much credit!), but he might have more to say after I drag him along to the Barnsley game when I'm back home next month.

Blog: A Dale Fan Abroad - Reflections on Burton Albion 1 Rochdale 2

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 10:43 - Jul 31 with 2491 viewsSalwaDale

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 14:28 - Jul 30 by Nigeriamark

It's true that it affects your weekend even if you don't live there. I am thinking of buying a Dynamo Kiev season ticket. However it looks that if I watch the Dale games on I follow, I will then have to jump into a taxi and will only see the second half of the Kiev games.

Decisions decisions, but will have to see if I can watch the second half of Dale games on my phone in the Kiev stadium otherwise wont bother with the season ticket

I feel you're pain on that one. When Dale games clash with Qadsia games here I tend to watch part of the game on ifollow and then listen to the commentary while the Qadsia game is on in front of me. Get some funny looks when I start cheering when nothing has happened.

TBBT

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 07:46 - Aug 1 with 2303 viewsNigeriamark

Blog: a Dale fan abroad on 10:43 - Jul 31 by SalwaDale

I feel you're pain on that one. When Dale games clash with Qadsia games here I tend to watch part of the game on ifollow and then listen to the commentary while the Qadsia game is on in front of me. Get some funny looks when I start cheering when nothing has happened.

Decided to buy one last night as they have a few games on Friday night and Sunday's. 85 quid for a 19 match ticket near the half way line so not bad ( May include cup matches but I can't read Ukrainian to check!!). Get reductions for champions league if they qualify

Never heard of Qadsia - are they one of the top teams?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024