Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quest EFL highlights 09:26 - Aug 6 with 6789 viewsFrog

Did anybody watch Quest's new offering on Saturday? AT least they're showing every goal but the commentary, as usual, was dire. They described Burton's goal as if it was Dale getting back in the game but unable to find an equaliser. Hope it improves.
Quest EFL highlights on 09:44 - Aug 6 with 5486 viewsdingdangblue

Yes I noticed that (in the DAY ONE thread) very bizarre commentary? You would have thought the commentator would have known having already described Dale's 2 goals in the 1st half that it was Burton scoring to get back in the game? I guess it's all so rushed that mistakes like this occur but it does make it sound amateurish.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Quest EFL highlights on 10:48 - Aug 6 with 5385 viewsToffeemanc

The level of reporting etc from lower league games in general and our games in particular is always shite.

The match reports on both BBC and Sky both credit the headed knockdown/assist for the first goal to Henderson when it was clearly from Wilbraham.
Even the live score app credits Henderson with 2 assists!

They both clearly don't give a toss about anything outside of the Premiershit.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 10:50]

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Quest EFL highlights on 11:42 - Aug 6 with 5284 viewsSuddenLad

When you hear popular radio stations and their high profile guests constantly referring to the EFL as the footballing wilderness, you know exactly what attitude broadcasters have towards anything outside the Premiership. They don't give a fig for what happens.

The BBC couldn't even find time for a 'Final Score' slot on Saturday afternoon, not even via the 'red button'.

The standard and quality of that Saturday night Quest programme was appallng. It looked as though the studio was hurriedly assembled in the back of a Ford Transit and whoever did the voice commentary should be sent for re-training.

If that's the contempt that broadcasters show for the EFL, then they may as well give up. Quest ? I had to Google it to find out what it was !

For me, they can stick the Premiershite up their cash-stuffed ar5eholes and I'll watch proper football every week from the stands.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Quest EFL highlights on 12:02 - Aug 6 with 5244 viewsTVOS1907

Quest EFL highlights on 10:48 - Aug 6 by Toffeemanc

The level of reporting etc from lower league games in general and our games in particular is always shite.

The match reports on both BBC and Sky both credit the headed knockdown/assist for the first goal to Henderson when it was clearly from Wilbraham.
Even the live score app credits Henderson with 2 assists!

They both clearly don't give a toss about anything outside of the Premiershit.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 10:50]

To be fair, the BBC, Sky and all other external media will use a central report provided by someone at the ground working for the Press Association, as happens for the majority of games outside the top flight.

Unfortunately, this person has also reported that we had MJ Williams booked on Saturday when it was in fact Matt Done.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Quest EFL highlights on 12:06 - Aug 6 with 5234 viewsTVOS1907

Quest EFL highlights on 11:42 - Aug 6 by SuddenLad

When you hear popular radio stations and their high profile guests constantly referring to the EFL as the footballing wilderness, you know exactly what attitude broadcasters have towards anything outside the Premiership. They don't give a fig for what happens.

The BBC couldn't even find time for a 'Final Score' slot on Saturday afternoon, not even via the 'red button'.

The standard and quality of that Saturday night Quest programme was appallng. It looked as though the studio was hurriedly assembled in the back of a Ford Transit and whoever did the voice commentary should be sent for re-training.

If that's the contempt that broadcasters show for the EFL, then they may as well give up. Quest ? I had to Google it to find out what it was !

For me, they can stick the Premiershite up their cash-stuffed ar5eholes and I'll watch proper football every week from the stands.

Why did you have to Google it? Just go through your TV Guide until you get to it.

Quest EFL highlights on 12:27 - Aug 6 with 5169 viewsDaley_Lama

Bbc news on Saturday evening...

‘Its only x number of days since the world cup finished but already the football season has started’
I awaited some news about Swansea or West Brom. They mentioned the 4 Scottish Prem games.

Poll: DF in or out

Quest EFL highlights on 12:43 - Aug 6 with 5108 viewsDaleAddict

Quest EFL highlights on 12:27 - Aug 6 by Daley_Lama

Bbc news on Saturday evening...

‘Its only x number of days since the world cup finished but already the football season has started’
I awaited some news about Swansea or West Brom. They mentioned the 4 Scottish Prem games.

It's worse that they couldn't even be bothered to find out how many days it had been since the World Cup! ;-)

Blog: A Dale Fan Abroad - Reflections on Burton Albion 1 Rochdale 2

Quest EFL highlights on 13:16 - Aug 6 with 5009 viewsSuddenLad

Quest EFL highlights on 12:06 - Aug 6 by TVOS1907

Why did you have to Google it? Just go through your TV Guide until you get to it.

I didn't know it was a Freeview channel. If it had been pay-to- view I wouldn't have been able to see it. Never heard of Quest channel until it was announced that EFL was being broadcast and I found that out from this MB.

Login to get fewer ads

Quest EFL highlights on 13:21 - Aug 6 with 4993 viewsrochdale_ranger

Quest EFL highlights on 11:42 - Aug 6 by SuddenLad

I would be all for a breakaway from the premier league. The way it’s going soon the big premier league games will be played in different continents to appease the more global fanbase of the big four teams. Let them have it. Would do the English National team a lot more good too.
Quest EFL highlights on 13:24 - Aug 6 with 4981 viewsTVOS1907

Quest EFL highlights on 13:16 - Aug 6 by SuddenLad

I didn't know it was a Freeview channel. If it had been pay-to- view I wouldn't have been able to see it. Never heard of Quest channel until it was announced that EFL was being broadcast and I found that out from this MB.

It was in many other places last week, including the club's official website and social media feeds.

Quest EFL highlights on 14:21 - Aug 6 with 4844 viewsjonesy

Quest Is one of the better channels. How it’s made. Wheeler Dealers.
Quest EFL highlights on 15:12 - Aug 6 with 4741 viewsdeeplishblue

and Salvage Hunters

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Quest EFL highlights on 17:05 - Aug 6 with 4567 viewsmodelboydave

i'm pretty sure on the sky Q platform there is no HD channel either.

Watching a none HD broadcast for me is like watching an old VHS video.

When you consider i now watch the majority of the matches in Ultra HD going back to standard definition is a retrogade step.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Quest EFL highlights on 18:10 - Aug 6 with 4454 viewsColDale

Quest EFL highlights on 17:05 - Aug 6 by modelboydave

i'm pretty sure on the sky Q platform there is no HD channel either.

Watching a none HD broadcast for me is like watching an old VHS video.

When you consider i now watch the majority of the matches in Ultra HD going back to standard definition is a retrogade step.

I think I'm right in saying that whilst Channel 5 was shown in HD last season, the highlights shown were just SD
Quest EFL highlights on 18:33 - Aug 6 with 4396 viewsShun

I’m with you there. I have no idea who tf Quest are and I’d never heard of them beyond a few posts on here over the past few days.
Quest EFL highlights on 19:04 - Aug 6 with 4329 viewsmodelboydave

yes it was HD. some of the highlights were always show in HD. normally the ones that were a live SKY game. but at least you could see the actual presenters clearly.

seen as the average mobile phone now shoots video in HD you would think that it would be possible for Quest.

Poll: Attention man united fans - who do you want to win the premier league?

Quest EFL highlights on 20:35 - Aug 6 with 4182 viewsrafc1984

Quest EFL highlights on 18:10 - Aug 6 by ColDale

I think I'm right in saying that whilst Channel 5 was shown in HD last season, the highlights shown were just SD

Quest is in HD on the freesat platform. Not sure about freeview. I would be surprised if it's not in HD on sky.
Quest EFL highlights on 20:48 - Aug 6 with 4157 views49thseason

The BBC is only too happy to take its £150.50p "telly tax" off people and even take them to court for non-payment but expecting them to be fair and accurate seems to have gone out of the window. they need a dose of the real world as in scrap the telly tax, sell off the BBC and let them show adverts like every other TV channel.
Quest EFL highlights on 21:56 - Aug 6 with 4051 viewsNerazzurri

Quest EFL highlights on 20:35 - Aug 6 by rafc1984

Quest is in HD on the freesat platform. Not sure about freeview. I would be surprised if it's not in HD on sky.

Quest HD is Sky channel 144.

Forza Nerazzurri

Quest EFL highlights on 23:06 - Aug 6 with 3963 viewsD_Dale

I've no idea who runs Quest but the programme is the same format as Channel 5 last season: an hour on the Championship followed by half an hour on matches in both L1 and L2, with a presenter and a guest 'expert'.

Broadcast at 9pm Saturday on Freeview 37, with repeats from 10pm (Freeview 83) and on Sunday at 10am and 11am. Also available via Freesat, Sky and Virgin. There was also mention of an app that allows allows the programme to be downloaded.

Of course. I'd prefer longer reports of L1 and L2 games, with slo-mo repeats of the goals, but it's a better offering than what was available a few seasons ago.
Quest EFL highlights on 23:14 - Aug 6 with 3946 viewsTVOS1907

Quest EFL highlights on 23:06 - Aug 6 by D_Dale

I've no idea who runs Quest but the programme is the same format as Channel 5 last season: an hour on the Championship followed by half an hour on matches in both L1 and L2, with a presenter and a guest 'expert'.

Broadcast at 9pm Saturday on Freeview 37, with repeats from 10pm (Freeview 83) and on Sunday at 10am and 11am. Also available via Freesat, Sky and Virgin. There was also mention of an app that allows allows the programme to be downloaded.

Of course. I'd prefer longer reports of L1 and L2 games, with slo-mo repeats of the goals, but it's a better offering than what was available a few seasons ago.

Precisely.

The faux-pas over Burton's goal aside, the programme gave me all I need, as I saw all the goals from all the games, significant incidents and, having recorded it, the chance to rewind to watch things again, which is an alternative to slow motion replays.

I might need to invest in some sunglasses if they don't tone the set down, but at least it's not Bob Greaves.

Quest EFL highlights on 23:59 - Aug 6 with 3902 viewsSuddenLad

Quest EFL highlights on 23:14 - Aug 6 by TVOS1907

Precisely.

The faux-pas over Burton's goal aside, the programme gave me all I need, as I saw all the goals from all the games, significant incidents and, having recorded it, the chance to rewind to watch things again, which is an alternative to slow motion replays.

I might need to invest in some sunglasses if they don't tone the set down, but at least it's not Bob Greaves.

Bob Greaves, the famous Calderbrook commentator. Not a patch on Gerald Sinstadt or Hugh Johns.

Quest EFL highlights on 08:13 - Aug 7 with 3766 viewsTVOS1907

Quest EFL highlights on 23:59 - Aug 6 by SuddenLad

Bob Greaves, the famous Calderbrook commentator. Not a patch on Gerald Sinstadt or Hugh Johns.

Ha, yes. He used to live not far from me on Clough Road, I believe.

Quest EFL highlights on 11:22 - Aug 7 with 3621 viewsEllDale

They were all better than Gerry Loftus who was the first Granada commentator I remember!
Quest EFL highlights on 11:38 - Aug 7 with 3587 viewsColDale

Never found myself watching the Channel 5 show and I doubt I'll be a regular watching Quest.

its just accessible elsewhere these days - we've got the goals on the Sky sports website usually by about 6:30pm on a Saturday evening, the club stick it on the Youtube channel, and if I want the full round up, it's usually on rotation every hour on Sky Sports from 6pm on a Saturday through to middayish on the Sunday, so the days of having to tune in to catch our goals are very much a thing of the past.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024