Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ings 07:49 - Feb 3 with 1423 viewsdarthvader

So he went off injured ..again.. Is there anything less surprising than this ?

keep the faith coyr

Ings on 09:31 - Feb 3 with 1365 viewsMrangry25

Liverhampton must be laughing their heads off

Ings on 09:50 - Feb 3 with 1334 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

An area that must concern us - unless we can get Sam G or say, Josh Simms - give them a chance and try and get them firing? but with our 2 main strikers injury prone - I feel it is a concern!

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

Ings on 10:12 - Feb 3 with 1301 viewsKennington

If he didn’t have fitness problems he’d probably be a £40m+ striker. £20m these days gets you little more than potential to do well.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Ings on 11:08 - Feb 3 with 1239 views1885_SFC

Another hamstring injury apparently. “I hope it’s not too serious,” said Hasenhuttl. “Maybe the second game in four days was a little bit too much."

It obviously was.

Love life. Love music.

Ings on 13:23 - Feb 3 with 1117 viewsJaySaint

Ings on 10:12 - Feb 3 by Kennington

If he didn’t have fitness problems he’d probably be a £40m+ striker. £20m these days gets you little more than potential to do well.

I think it is the madness the board that has committed £20m to buy him.
Everyone knew he was a sick note. Yet we committed serious cash to get him
Ings on 14:05 - Feb 3 with 1074 viewsKennington

Ings on 13:23 - Feb 3 by JaySaint

My point was £20m isn’t really serious cash anymore. In this day and age that really doesn’t buy much of a forward.

Ings on 14:27 - Feb 3 with 1045 views1885_SFC

I love the fella - but I remember saying the exact same thing last Summer when we were linked with him. Too injury prone/fragile.

I would love to see him have a long, relaxing Summer and get himself 100% fit with no more injury woes... but I really can't see that being the case unfortunately.

Love life. Love music.

Ings on 14:31 - Feb 3 with 1041 viewsdarthvader

Ings on 14:27 - Feb 3 by 1885_SFC

I love the fella - but I remember saying the exact same thing last Summer when we were linked with him. Too injury prone/fragile.

I would love to see him have a long, relaxing Summer and get himself 100% fit with no more injury woes... but I really can't see that being the case unfortunately.

He will be too busy taking his hangers on to Ibiza again or somewhere flashing his cash to worry about getting fit .

keep the faith coyr

Login to get fewer ads

Ings on 14:49 - Feb 3 with 1020 viewsScoot

We had a striker that we sold who just scored his 15th goal for WBA this season & did the same last year. A-rod did well for us as well. We should change our name to deadwood. That's all we have left. The owners have picked the bones like piranha.
Ings on 15:04 - Feb 3 with 992 viewsBicester_North

Ings on 14:49 - Feb 3 by Scoot

We had a striker that we sold who just scored his 15th goal for WBA this season & did the same last year. A-rod did well for us as well. We should change our name to deadwood. That's all we have left. The owners have picked the bones like piranha.

A-Rod? Turn it in Larry.

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

Ings on 15:26 - Feb 3 with 969 viewsLeslie_Hughes

Ings on 15:04 - Feb 3 by Bicester_North

A-Rod? Turn it in Larry.

Didn’t he play for the New York Yankees?

Poll: Should there be a strict dress code to attend games?

Ings on 15:32 - Feb 3 with 962 viewsBicester_North

Ings on 15:26 - Feb 3 by Leslie_Hughes

Didn’t he play for the New York Yankees?

Yankees? I thought it was New York Yaddas

Poll: How proud are you to see our ex players at Liverpool?

Ings on 21:27 - Feb 3 with 818 viewsA1079

Is that the case Jaysaint, we are committed to purchasing him, no matter what (for #20m)? Surely with his injury and medical issues they would have built something in the arrangement subject to future medical assessments and appearances!

I like the guy and he is a goalscorer but we cannot keep taking on forwards who spend more time unavailable because of vulnerability to injury and physical issues and therefore only available for 90 minute games for less than 50% of the season. I appreciate any player can suffer a life effecting injury etc at any time but in the case of Ings we knew he had problems.
Ings on 22:05 - Feb 3 with 793 viewsKennington

Ings on 21:27 - Feb 3 by A1079

Is that the case Jaysaint, we are committed to purchasing him, no matter what (for #20m)? Surely with his injury and medical issues they would have built something in the arrangement subject to future medical assessments and appearances!

I like the guy and he is a goalscorer but we cannot keep taking on forwards who spend more time unavailable because of vulnerability to injury and physical issues and therefore only available for 90 minute games for less than 50% of the season. I appreciate any player can suffer a life effecting injury etc at any time but in the case of Ings we knew he had problems.

£20m still seems fine to me. That’s about the price a 10-12 league goal striker will get you and Ings should manage that even with his time out on the physio’s table. I don’t get the problem. Richarlison cost Everton double yet only has 3 more goals than Ings. Just take Ings for what he is, a good ‘cheap’ striker that will spend a third of games injured.

Ings on 22:28 - Feb 3 with 771 viewsA1079

Ings on 22:05 - Feb 3 by Kennington

£20m still seems fine to me. That’s about the price a 10-12 league goal striker will get you and Ings should manage that even with his time out on the physio’s table. I don’t get the problem. Richarlison cost Everton double yet only has 3 more goals than Ings. Just take Ings for what he is, a good ‘cheap’ striker that will spend a third of games injured.

Fair point Kennington. #20m still seems a lot to me, but it probably isn't for the PL and by todays standards.
Ings on 09:33 - Feb 4 with 606 viewsBuggalugs

Ings on 22:05 - Feb 3 by Kennington

Yes, I kind of agree with this, however, not when your back up strikers are the always unfit Austin and the always crap Shane Long.

Poll: Who is the most in-the-know on SFC’s transfer activity?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019