Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? 19:03 - Feb 17 with 766 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

You can only pick one.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 19:10 - Feb 17 with 756 viewsspell_chekker

It's got to be Green.

As a young boy, I got my first Pool shirt and my mum stitched a number 8 on the back. At times, I believed I was Tony.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 19:30 - Feb 17 with 749 viewsspudgun

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 19:10 - Feb 17 by spell_chekker

It's got to be Green.

As a young boy, I got my first Pool shirt and my mum stitched a number 8 on the back. At times, I believed I was Tony.

Time can play tricks on your memory, and although players like Suddick, Green and the like seemed awesome to a 10 year old, the standard was certainly lower back then, and I`m not sure how the good they would look if their games were re-run on tv now.

Whilst players like Sinclair, Stewart and Wright etc. have gone to play at a very high standard after leaving BFC, I think Charlie Adam was the best in his actual time at `Pool.

For a midfielder he had an exceptional goal record, and was the standout player for two seasons in a very good team.
Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 20:42 - Feb 17 with 736 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Tough one, I would have posted something similar to Spud however.......

Eamonn O'Keefe. Might of played less than 40 games, but banged in the goals, was part of the team that got us out of Div 4, and just for a brief spell the next season, the way he was scoring goals, really thought we could get back into Div 2, until injury struck.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 20:42]

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 22:13 - Feb 17 with 725 viewsjanegallagher

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 20:42 - Feb 17 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Tough one, I would have posted something similar to Spud however.......

Eamonn O'Keefe. Might of played less than 40 games, but banged in the goals, was part of the team that got us out of Div 4, and just for a brief spell the next season, the way he was scoring goals, really thought we could get back into Div 2, until injury struck.
[Post edited 17 Feb 2019 20:42]

Trevor Sinclair

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 22:28 - Feb 17 with 721 viewstonysoprano

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 22:13 - Feb 17 by janegallagher

Trevor Sinclair

Without question Alan Ball . As a young un I worshipped him . Over the summer of 1966 I went from the highs of England winning the World Cup with my hero starring to absolute despair as a few weeks later he was transferred to Everton . What a player he was !!
Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 22:40 - Feb 17 with 716 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 22:28 - Feb 17 by tonysoprano

Without question Alan Ball . As a young un I worshipped him . Over the summer of 1966 I went from the highs of England winning the World Cup with my hero starring to absolute despair as a few weeks later he was transferred to Everton . What a player he was !!

I should have said, Tony Green for me. With Marco Tardelli and Colin Bell as the three most complete midfield players I have ever seen for anyone.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 22:43 - Feb 17 with 713 viewstonysoprano

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 22:40 - Feb 17 by basilrobbiereborn

I should have said, Tony Green for me. With Marco Tardelli and Colin Bell as the three most complete midfield players I have ever seen for anyone.

Colin Bell was very good , he almost signed for us but at the last minute chose City . To the best of my knowledge we didn't almost sign Marco Tardelli , he of one the greatest goal celebrations ever !
Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 08:19 - Feb 18 with 688 viewsLala

Got to agree with Spud about time playing tricks of on your mind. I have a few from 80’s and 90’s that I hold in high regard however yes, Charlie Adam probably is the best I have seen.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Login to get fewer ads

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 12:30 - Feb 18 with 678 viewsokeh_for_some

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 08:19 - Feb 18 by Lala

Got to agree with Spud about time playing tricks of on your mind. I have a few from 80’s and 90’s that I hold in high regard however yes, Charlie Adam probably is the best I have seen.

Rose tinted specs I know, but Tony Green, Alan Suddick and Tommy Hutch were damn fine players. A 17 year old Trevor Sinclair was also pretty special. More latterly, Aidy Forbes :)
Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 15:11 - Feb 18 with 661 viewspoppajoe

Fred Pickering for that hat trick at Preston

What about best keeper

Tony West for me
Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 16:01 - Feb 18 with 652 viewsjanegallagher

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 15:11 - Feb 18 by poppajoe

Fred Pickering for that hat trick at Preston

What about best keeper

Tony West for me

For entertainment John Burridge

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 19:22 - Feb 19 with 625 viewsspell_chekker

Who is the best player you have seen for 'Pool? on 16:01 - Feb 18 by janegallagher

For entertainment John Burridge

I loved Sinclair as well. Great player.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024