Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hassenhuttl Backing Stephens 21:23 - Feb 26 with 711 viewsRon11

Saying that he's still a young player (26?), will learn form his 'mistake' (although he actually made two, and others in previous games) and shouldn't be booed or abused.
Yet he took him off at half time against Arsenal.
The pressing game has gone, and he persists with a least one players that obviously is not confident and has cost points.
Why??

Hassenhuttl Backing Stephens on 21:31 - Feb 26 with 694 viewsCity_boy

Hopefully, he will learn from the bench and reflect on how crap he has been ?

RH had to back him in public, but must realise he is a liability now.

There were signs of the pressing game in 2nd half against Arsenal and flashes of it actually working.

Hassenhuttl Backing Stephens on 21:51 - Feb 26 with 644 viewskingslandstand1

He needs educating, but if he's 26 (I'll take your word on that) he should know when to play the ball and when to row Z the ball. He should know when to make risky tackle and possibly one for the team and when to make a safe tackle. He should also be able win a few more in the air
He does get a few good block tackles in but just seems to totally lack confidence which we can't afford. I really think he's got to bring Yosh back for tomorrow cos if JS makes just one early mistake tomorrow night being at home it will totally destroy him as the crowd will get on his back

Hassenhuttl Backing Stephens on 21:54 - Feb 26 with 637 viewsGennaro_Contaldo

No, he was 25 only 3 weeks ago. But he still should be a lot better than he is ...

The UI; For the sophisticated gentleman
Poll: Where will Saints finish in the 2018/19 season

on 21:54 - Feb 26 with 636 views_

Poll: Sundays match v spurs.. Would you rather.....

Hassenhuttl Backing Stephens on 22:58 - Feb 26 with 561 viewsRon11

Hassenhuttl Backing Stephens on 21:54 - Feb 26 by Gennaro_Contaldo

No, he was 25 only 3 weeks ago. But he still should be a lot better than he is ...

How old is Valery, who is already a better player..
Hassenhuttl Backing Stephens on 02:07 - Feb 27 with 513 viewsKriSaint

Hassenhuttl Backing Stephens on 21:54 - Feb 26 by Gennaro_Contaldo

Re "No, he was 25 only 3 weeks ago. But he still should be a lot better than he is ..."

Yeah , and he has been in the team for the better parts of two years now.

Still.. - obviously, Hasenhüttl sees something in him, and that kind of pleases me.

Hassenhuttl Backing Stephens on 08:40 - Feb 27 with 423 viewssaint68

RH probably is trying too hard with Stephens, he picked vestergaard after his clanger at Cardiff and he slowly improved and he probably feels that Stephens will too given more game time.

I'd much prefer to see him sitting on the bench if honest .
He can't cause any unwanted problems from there.
[Post edited 27 Feb 8:41]

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Hassenhuttl Backing Stephens on 09:49 - Feb 27 with 385 viewsRustyhelmet

Hassenhuttl Backing Stephens on 08:40 - Feb 27 by saint68

RH probably is trying too hard with Stephens, he picked vestergaard after his clanger at Cardiff and he slowly improved and he probably feels that Stephens will too given more game time.

I'd much prefer to see him sitting on the bench if honest .
He can't cause any unwanted problems from there.
[Post edited 27 Feb 8:41]

It seems that Stephens is turning into Hughes's Hoedt..... maybe Jack has some dodgy snaps of RH down Derby Road?....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019