Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
MOTD Shane Long 09:13 - Apr 15 with 803 viewsBaselSaint

I've watched the match v Wolves a couple of times and the Block Brexit Corporation pundit says it was a simple finish from Shane Long. I thought it was extraordinary considering his position in relation to the goal, and what type of kick was that? and a bloody quick reaction as well.
I thought it was great.

Poll: Uglies Favorite Cologne Poll

MOTD Shane Long on 10:02 - Apr 15 with 748 viewsA_Saint_in_Stoke

I completely agree with you - but in my opinion, not enough praise has been given to Maya YOSHIDA keeping the ball in their area with his overhead kick and his reaction to stab the ball to Long, Personally, I feel that although Maya makes some mistakes - he has managed some incredible blocks - literally throwing his body in defense of preventing the opposition scoring - and overall helped strengthen our recent performances?
[Post edited 15 Apr 10:14]

Poll: As a Saint's supporter I Feel Southampton F.C. Public Relations Department is -

MOTD Shane Long on 10:52 - Apr 15 with 714 viewsdarthvader

MOTD Shane Long on 10:02 - Apr 15 by A_Saint_in_Stoke

I completely agree with you - but in my opinion, not enough praise has been given to Maya YOSHIDA keeping the ball in their area with his overhead kick and his reaction to stab the ball to Long, Personally, I feel that although Maya makes some mistakes - he has managed some incredible blocks - literally throwing his body in defense of preventing the opposition scoring - and overall helped strengthen our recent performances?

Maya is a machine .

keep the faith coyr

on 12:49 - Apr 15 with 691 views_

Poll: Sundays match v spurs.. Would you rather.....

MOTD Shane Long on 13:00 - Apr 15 with 679 viewsSaintNick

Imentiond this in the match verdict on the home page, I said credit should be given to him.

I think you are right he has offered us something that Jack Stephens didn't and he has played a part in our revival, however te reality is that he is not good enough over a season and if we want to avoid giving games away to late goals and errors as we have done for the past two years then we have to look beyond him, especially because he will be 31 at the stat of next season.

I would say that we need to get rid of Hoedt as the manager clearly does not want him and raise £12-15 million or so, get rid of Stephens for £3 million and then use the money to buy another central defender I think Hasenhuttl already has his man earmarked.

That would leave us with Bednarek, Vestergaard and the new man with Yoshida as back up.

That would not be a bad option, no one can deny that Yoshida is not 100% committed, but in his 7 years here he has never shown he has what it takes as first choice at this level over a full season.

I applaud Yoshida he has been a great servant and I hope he has one more year with us, but we all know that the truth is if we want to compete for the top 10 again, commitment is not enough

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

MOTD Shane Long on 13:13 - Apr 15 with 666 viewsPatfromPoole

MOTD Shane Long on 13:00 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

Imentiond this in the match verdict on the home page, I said credit should be given to him.

I think you are right he has offered us something that Jack Stephens didn't and he has played a part in our revival, however te reality is that he is not good enough over a season and if we want to avoid giving games away to late goals and errors as we have done for the past two years then we have to look beyond him, especially because he will be 31 at the stat of next season.

I would say that we need to get rid of Hoedt as the manager clearly does not want him and raise £12-15 million or so, get rid of Stephens for £3 million and then use the money to buy another central defender I think Hasenhuttl already has his man earmarked.

That would leave us with Bednarek, Vestergaard and the new man with Yoshida as back up.

That would not be a bad option, no one can deny that Yoshida is not 100% committed, but in his 7 years here he has never shown he has what it takes as first choice at this level over a full season.

I applaud Yoshida he has been a great servant and I hope he has one more year with us, but we all know that the truth is if we want to compete for the top 10 again, commitment is not enough

£12 - £15 million for Hoedt, sir?

Are you still in Steingarten?
MOTD Shane Long on 13:26 - Apr 15 with 650 viewsSaintNick

MOTD Shane Long on 13:13 - Apr 15 by PatfromPoole

£12 - £15 million for Hoedt, sir?

Are you still in Steingarten?

Thats his current valuation according to various websites

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

MOTD Shane Long on 14:45 - Apr 15 with 608 viewsBaselSaint

MOTD Shane Long on 13:26 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

Note also that Jack Stephens slipped in seamlessly at RB.
How injured is Valery?
[Post edited 15 Apr 14:45]

Poll: Uglies Favorite Cologne Poll

MOTD Shane Long on 14:51 - Apr 15 with 599 viewsButty101

MOTD Shane Long on 13:26 - Apr 15 by SaintNick

No chance we will get any where near that. He cant even get in the Celta Vigo team.

Poll: First League Win of the Season

Login to get fewer ads

MOTD Shane Long on 16:36 - Apr 15 with 517 viewsgreen

Credit to Yoshida - he works very hard but was it him that was at fault for the straight-up-in-the-air-clearance that almost gave Wolves the chance to equalise? (when the 'shot' went out for a throw).

The trouble is all of our defenders have a mistake in them (Vestergaard nearly getting caught out in the first half) and they just about cope as a back three but ideally we could go down to 2 CBs and give us another body further forward.
MOTD Shane Long on 17:44 - Apr 15 with 463 viewssaint22

on 12:49 - Apr 15 by _

Agreed, Maya is the calm back there, Bednarek is quality and learning, just need a top draw CB in there as well and that back 3 will be formidable

If only we had drawn twice with Cardiff we would be home and dry
MOTD Shane Long on 08:40 - Apr 16 with 277 viewsButty101

MOTD Shane Long on 16:36 - Apr 15 by green

Credit to Yoshida - he works very hard but was it him that was at fault for the straight-up-in-the-air-clearance that almost gave Wolves the chance to equalise? (when the 'shot' went out for a throw).

The trouble is all of our defenders have a mistake in them (Vestergaard nearly getting caught out in the first half) and they just about cope as a back three but ideally we could go down to 2 CBs and give us another body further forward.

Everyone picks up on the centrebacks mistakes, but watch Højbjerg perfect attempt at jumping for the header at the corner for the Wolves goal.

Poll: First League Win of the Season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019