Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Take a bow BBM 17:05 - Apr 27 with 7793 viewsMoonyDale

After 12 points from the last 5 games and a complete turnaround in form and results take a bow that man, safe with a game to go and comfortably so after a good win today.....And Ian Henderson you are a sodding legend, well done to the board for their bravery and the faith shown in the gaffer.....Bloody poorly at the moment but what a lift this has been......Party time..

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Take a bow BBM on 17:17 - Apr 27 with 5825 viewsAlexF

spot on. Its a strange old game, Messrs McArdle , McGahey and Lund all left for better things.... They even have a lad called Borthwick -Jackson with them who looked excellent a year or two back.
Take a bow BBM on 17:25 - Apr 27 with 5753 viewsfrenzied

I never expected BBM to keep us up.
The turning point for me was after the Sunderland game..the last minute defeat I thought would destroy the players confidence..BBM managed to pick em up and win at Accy.

I hope he can get some good quality players in the summer..our loanees Ebanks Hamilton Lonergan all contributed massively..Bunney worked incredibly hard in difficult circumstances at times.
Team Rochdale has been resurrected
Take a bow BBM on 17:26 - Apr 27 with 5751 viewsCarbonDale

Incredible turnaround by BBM and credit to the team also, many having a complete 180 in form. If we'd had this same form all season we'd end up with 92 points next Saturday!
Take a bow BBM on 17:26 - Apr 27 with 5746 viewsRAFCBLUE

3 clean sheets in that run; 5 conceded - 4 of which were to the likely automatic promotion hopefuls Portsmouth.

It strikes me a lot of back to basics; tight scrappy defending with the ability to nick one. Less expansiveness; less risk and more success because of it.

And all after Cannon, McGahey, Perkins, Moore and Rafferty moved on in January.

Not sure how many appearances those five have made post-Rochdale this season but it doesn't feel many. McGahey in particular looks like he's League 2 bound next season.

George Bernard Shaw had it right: "He who can does; he who cannot, teaches." https://www.visittheusa.co.uk/
Poll: EGM - which way are you voting?

Take a bow BBM on 17:36 - Apr 27 with 5667 viewsShun

Sensational turnaround, well done to BBM and all the players - a lot of whom look unrecognisable from their past selves under Hill (Wilbraham and McNulty in particular).

Today was an absolute joy from start to finish, actual olé football and near enough complete domination. Camps and Hamilton were masterful in midfield and the back 2 were mountains.

Great performance, great day, great end to the season!
Take a bow BBM on 17:51 - Apr 27 with 5552 viewsD_Alien

Take a bow BBM on 17:36 - Apr 27 by Shun

Sensational turnaround, well done to BBM and all the players - a lot of whom look unrecognisable from their past selves under Hill (Wilbraham and McNulty in particular).

Today was an absolute joy from start to finish, actual olé football and near enough complete domination. Camps and Hamilton were masterful in midfield and the back 2 were mountains.

Great performance, great day, great end to the season!

Some of our football today was a joy to watch. We had one move in the second half that took us with superb skill and movement from the bottom right of the pitch to the top left before a cross which, if volleyed home, would've been the goal of many a season

Alby deservedly MoM, but Keohane not far behind, great fullback display; Hamilton too but everyone contributed

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Take a bow BBM on 18:13 - Apr 27 with 5411 viewsSuddenLad

Take a bow BBM on 17:51 - Apr 27 by D_Alien

Some of our football today was a joy to watch. We had one move in the second half that took us with superb skill and movement from the bottom right of the pitch to the top left before a cross which, if volleyed home, would've been the goal of many a season

Alby deservedly MoM, but Keohane not far behind, great fullback display; Hamilton too but everyone contributed

I thought MJ was superb today and a close contender for MOM. Hamilton was everywhere, tackling, passing, just excellent.

Contrast that with Harry 'lard arse' Bunn who was a constant whinging turd, chucking himself about and generally looking useless. What a shoddy example of a professional.

We're in League One next season, deservedly so, with renewed optimism.

Now let's see what 'ambition' this Board really has, when it comes to players.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Take a bow BBM on 18:15 - Apr 27 with 5389 viewsdalelee

Incredible turnaround.
2 months ago losing 5-1 to Plymouth. We looked certs for relegation, Plymouth moving comfortably into mid table and looking up.
Today, McGahey sat on the bench watching his team mates sink to a home defeat against already relegated Bradford. When he signed for Scunthorpe he probably felt he would have a far better chance of playing league one football in 19-20 than if he stayed with us!
Indeed, football is a funny old game.
We have won so many must win games in the past month. Accrington, Wycombe, Scunthorpe, Shrewsbury and the icing on the cake in the last two games. We have had some fantastic times in the last decade, cup runs, promotions. The effort in the last month must be our greatest achievement of them all?
To BBM and the players, you have been an absolute credit to Rochdale Football Club.
Login to get fewer ads

Take a bow BBM on 18:36 - Apr 27 with 5257 viewsD_Alien

Take a bow BBM on 18:15 - Apr 27 by dalelee

Incredible turnaround.
2 months ago losing 5-1 to Plymouth. We looked certs for relegation, Plymouth moving comfortably into mid table and looking up.
Today, McGahey sat on the bench watching his team mates sink to a home defeat against already relegated Bradford. When he signed for Scunthorpe he probably felt he would have a far better chance of playing league one football in 19-20 than if he stayed with us!
Indeed, football is a funny old game.
We have won so many must win games in the past month. Accrington, Wycombe, Scunthorpe, Shrewsbury and the icing on the cake in the last two games. We have had some fantastic times in the last decade, cup runs, promotions. The effort in the last month must be our greatest achievement of them all?
To BBM and the players, you have been an absolute credit to Rochdale Football Club.

Add to that, the absolute tonking Bradford gave us on 29 December when almost everyone said they'd be safe after probably the best footballing display at COA this season, at least as good as Barnsley's (who might end up as champions) with the same result

Strange times in L1. Bring on some more!

Take a bow BBM on 19:03 - Apr 27 with 5129 viewsJimmyRustler

Take a bow BBM on 18:36 - Apr 27 by D_Alien

Add to that, the absolute tonking Bradford gave us on 29 December when almost everyone said they'd be safe after probably the best footballing display at COA this season, at least as good as Barnsley's (who might end up as champions) with the same result

Strange times in L1. Bring on some more!

Bradford's demise is astounding considering how good they looked against us. Still can't believe they've finished bottom of the pile (I thought that was nailed on us a couple of months ago!)
Take a bow BBM on 19:17 - Apr 27 with 5050 viewsleedsdale

Take a bow BBM on 18:13 - Apr 27 by SuddenLad

I thought MJ was superb today and a close contender for MOM. Hamilton was everywhere, tackling, passing, just excellent.

Contrast that with Harry 'lard arse' Bunn who was a constant whinging turd, chucking himself about and generally looking useless. What a shoddy example of a professional.

We're in League One next season, deservedly so, with renewed optimism.

Now let's see what 'ambition' this Board really has, when it comes to players.

I was part of the Exiles Day today and had a vote for the MOTM.

There were about 6 or 7 names mentioned who could easily have been selected - all the midfield 3 in particular.

On the subject of the Exiles Day a massive thank you to all involved in making it happen. It was great to meet members of the current squad, as well as chat to the 68/69 players too. The buffet and hospitality were top notch throughout the day - thank you!
Take a bow BBM on 19:31 - Apr 27 with 4989 viewsdingdangblue

Unbelievable achievement by BBM and the players. I believed we were down whether Hill stayed or was replaced and certainly any of the managers who were wanted by fans to replace Hill couldn't have done any better than BBM. There is no way with our goal difference and our points deficit and the way we were playing I could have imagined going to Charlton safe on 54 points!
The turnaround has been nothing short of sensational.
A special mention for Andy Lonergan and those saves v Shrewsbury in BBM's 1st match - the importance of holding on to win after being 2-0 up was massive that day.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2019 20:15]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Take a bow BBM on 20:26 - Apr 27 with 4757 viewsKenBoon

Take a bow BBM on 19:03 - Apr 27 by JimmyRustler

Bradford's demise is astounding considering how good they looked against us. Still can't believe they've finished bottom of the pile (I thought that was nailed on us a couple of months ago!)

I think that result said more about us than them.
BBM and his team have done amazing. In the six-pointers we've been so tight at the back. Only conceding in injury time (against Shrewsbury) I think. A bit of consistency in team selections and no wacky tactics can work wonders.
Take a bow BBM on 20:41 - Apr 27 with 4680 viewsD_Alien

Take a bow BBM on 20:26 - Apr 27 by KenBoon

BBM and his team have done amazing. In the six-pointers we've been so tight at the back. Only conceding in injury time (against Shrewsbury) I think. A bit of consistency in team selections and no wacky tactics can work wonders.

Re your last point - was saying this to someone earlier. At our level, with reasonable talent, football can and should be a relatively simple game, and it takes some doing to over-complicate it. Man management is more important than tactical genius, and having the respect of fellow-professionals

BBM will be tested in his recruitment more than on getting the players to perform. Most of the time, they just need to be set free

Take a bow BBM on 20:54 - Apr 27 with 4610 viewscrazyhorse

I've watched a few interviews of BBM and he's a refreshing change of managerial persona for Dale.

I'm only slightly slagging Hill off here as he's a legend for Dale. For his achievements and promotions. However for connecting with fans, he did have a touch of narcissism, he wanted us to appreciate all that he is and everything that he had achieved for us. Without question.

BBM might be a real b@stard in the dressing room, booting lockers, Chinese burns and giving a slack player a hairdryer. But in BBM Interviews he speaks with an appreciation of supporters, who pay a lot of money to follow a team through thick and thin; and for some all over the country.

The complete opposite of a condescending bloke looking down on the peasants.

I know its really early days, and it could go t1ts up next season. We don't know how good he is at recruitment, he might only try northern employment? but he's on his way to being a true ambassador for the club.
Take a bow BBM on 21:01 - Apr 27 with 4576 viewssweetcorn

Take a bow BBM on 20:26 - Apr 27 by KenBoon

Disagree, Bradford’s front three with jack payne were irresistible that day, if they played like that all season they’d be nearer the top than the bottom.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Take a bow BBM on 23:07 - Apr 27 with 4326 viewsScunnydale

There was so much to like about today. We looked composed at the back. Whether that was to our credit or the lack of threat from Bunn/Cox, I’m not sure. MJ controlled his zone and it took me a long, long time to realise it was Keohane at RB and not someone who had played there all his career.

Hamilton and Camps were controlled and dallied forward at the right time and Alby’s positioning was faultless.

There came a point in the second half when I thought, despite scoring, Hendo had done very little. Right on cue he started that incredible showboating masterclass.

I’m going to give our lot the credit but Southend were dire. We easily achieved what was required, it was such a stress free afternoon. Well done to all involved.
Take a bow BBM on 23:27 - Apr 27 with 4248 viewspnc4eva1

The introduction of Calvin Andrew as a left sided centre half substitute in the last two home games has also proved a masterstroke. I've always thought Andrew is a good footballer and as a left sided centre half he has looked very secure. You never know he may even add a goal threat 😏

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Take a bow BBM on 09:58 - Apr 28 with 3774 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Take a bow BBM on 23:27 - Apr 27 by pnc4eva1

The introduction of Calvin Andrew as a left sided centre half substitute in the last two home games has also proved a masterstroke. I've always thought Andrew is a good footballer and as a left sided centre half he has looked very secure. You never know he may even add a goal threat 😏

He’s not started a game since 9 Feb nor any under BBM. The next test for BBM will be how he, given budgetary reality, tells players who he may very well be friends with and personally admire, look you’re not in my plans.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Take a bow BBM on 11:39 - Apr 28 with 3626 viewsDaleiLama

Take a bow BBM on 19:17 - Apr 27 by leedsdale

I was part of the Exiles Day today and had a vote for the MOTM.

There were about 6 or 7 names mentioned who could easily have been selected - all the midfield 3 in particular.

On the subject of the Exiles Day a massive thank you to all involved in making it happen. It was great to meet members of the current squad, as well as chat to the 68/69 players too. The buffet and hospitality were top notch throughout the day - thank you!

Hamilton for me but agree it was a tough choice. He shoots from anywhere, and it was his shot that led to Hendo's conversion. Would love to get EEL, Lonergan and Hamilton back next season for starters. We can all dream.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Take a bow BBM on 14:52 - Apr 28 with 3418 viewsJames1980

How has Cannon been getting on at Portsmouth? Wages permitting etc a loan move for him perhaps?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Take a bow BBM on 15:14 - Apr 28 with 3385 views49thseason

Take a bow BBM on 14:52 - Apr 28 by James1980

How has Cannon been getting on at Portsmouth? Wages permitting etc a loan move for him perhaps?

Oh for crying out loud, can we all just move on and stop trying to bring everyone who ever scored a goal or made a tackle back to the club either as players or coaches?
There are hundreds of players who would improve our team and would not break the bank, and there are hundreds of coaches we could bring in. BBM has earned the right to make his own decisions in his own way, I have no doubt he has lots of names and numbers already. He strikes me as being clear headed about what he wants and from his comments prior and post games has an excellent handle on where we are and how we got here. Lets just leave him to get on with it and see where we get to. If we all end up with Irish accents then so be it.
Take a bow BBM on 15:36 - Apr 28 with 3339 viewsD_Dale

Take a bow BBM on 11:39 - Apr 28 by DaleiLama

Hamilton for me but agree it was a tough choice. He shoots from anywhere, and it was his shot that led to Hendo's conversion. Would love to get EEL, Lonergan and Hamilton back next season for starters. We can all dream.

Whoever spotted Hamilton as a potential loanee deserves a bonus. Up to joining Dale, he'd not been near first-team football (once an unused sub in a Man U FA Cup game). Will he be kept on United's books for next season (he's 21 in October and must be wondering when/if a breakthrough will come)? If he is released, there are bigger clubs - Wigan, Blackburn say - who'd snap him up. But should he be retained BBM might use his charm to get him back on a half-season loan.

There's certainly the need to find someone, in addition to Hendo, who can score a few goals. But such players are not easily found, and over-optimism has been known (in Hill's case, Jordan Williams, who could well end up back at Barrow).

Presumably there'll be a release and retain list a few day's after we are possibly surprised by the team selection at Charlton.
Take a bow BBM on 16:18 - Apr 28 with 3241 viewsTVOS1907

Take a bow BBM on 14:52 - Apr 28 by James1980

He's been injured.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Take a bow BBM on 16:26 - Apr 28 with 3220 viewsBartRowou

Take a bow BBM on 15:36 - Apr 28 by D_Dale

Whoever spotted Hamilton as a potential loanee deserves a bonus. Up to joining Dale, he'd not been near first-team football (once an unused sub in a Man U FA Cup game). Will he be kept on United's books for next season (he's 21 in October and must be wondering when/if a breakthrough will come)? If he is released, there are bigger clubs - Wigan, Blackburn say - who'd snap him up. But should he be retained BBM might use his charm to get him back on a half-season loan.

There's certainly the need to find someone, in addition to Hendo, who can score a few goals. But such players are not easily found, and over-optimism has been known (in Hill's case, Jordan Williams, who could well end up back at Barrow).

Presumably there'll be a release and retain list a few day's after we are possibly surprised by the team selection at Charlton.

If I were BBM, I'd drive Hamilton round the Bolton ground (whatever it's called), Carrington and Gigg Lane on Monday and point out the pitfalls of poorly-run clubs. Then I'd offer him an 18-month contract with the proviso that we won't stand in his way next summer should a club want him. All with Ole's permission of course.

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024