Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained list 16:04 - May 8 with 13390 viewsleedsdale

Only Inman and Williams released.

Hoti, Hopper, Tavares and Bradley offered their first deals.

No mention of McNulty which might be a mistake!
Retained list on 16:07 - May 8 with 6313 viewsEllDale

No real surprises there as far as I'm concerned.
Whether the likes of Done and Wilbraham agree new deals or move on remains to be seen.
Retained list on 16:15 - May 8 with 6246 views1907

Is McNulty out of contract? He made reference to “next season” multiple times in his last interview.
Retained list on 16:17 - May 8 with 6212 viewsNathaniel82

Am hopeful of Tavares as he’s got a real instinct for goals. Obviously he’s but a lad at this moment in time but in a year or two who knows.
I really rate Morley, and in a side where him and adshead can continue their careers together, I’m again hopeful that we can build these lads into great players.
Retained list on 16:17 - May 8 with 6212 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The priority renewal to me at least must be Olly Rathbone, suspect the offers on the table for the other out of contract players, will be on a reduced basis?.....

Will BBM have enough in the pot for a decent recruitment campaign.

We must remember that this crop of players only came good at the backend of the season.
Retained list on 16:19 - May 8 with 6204 viewsSuddenLad

Wouldn't disagree with those 2 leaving. Inman has really lost his impetus and confidence, probably needs a new challenge. Williams never reached his alleged potential. Good luck to them both.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Retained list on 16:23 - May 8 with 6168 viewsisitme

It does say in the article that all other players remain under contact, which will include Jim. I am slightly surprised that four youth team players have been offered professional deals.

Can anyone shed any light on their respective attributes? From what I understand Hoti and Hopper are central midfielders, Bradley is a creative attacking midfielder and Tavares is a pacy striker. With the likes of Adshead and Morley (dependent on him signing a new deal) it seems like a log jam of young midfielders.

A lot of new deals offered, although for the likes of Done and Wilbraham these might be on reduced terms. Interestingly nobody currently under contract has been made available for transfer. Some speculated that Andrew might be on his way out, unless he has been reinvented as a left sided centre back!
[Post edited 8 May 2019 16:24]
Retained list on 16:25 - May 8 with 6147 viewsleedsdale

Retained list on 16:15 - May 8 by 1907

Is McNulty out of contract? He made reference to “next season” multiple times in his last interview.

This is the article from the club website at the time:

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/may/mcnulty_contractsigning_2017/

Don't recall seeing anything since - but doesn't mean it didn't happen!
Retained list on 16:35 - May 8 with 6052 views1907

I really hope that we start to loan some of these youth players out. Adshead, Morley etc would benefit so much from regular game time at a lower standard as opposed to just sitting in the bench or in the stands.
Login to get fewer ads

Retained list on 16:37 - May 8 with 6045 viewsChaffRAFC

Retained list on 16:25 - May 8 by leedsdale

Neither do I!

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Retained list on 16:40 - May 8 with 6001 viewsJames1980

If he does go to Walsall perhaps Hill will recruit Williams

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Retained list on 16:43 - May 8 with 5973 viewsmacro

Retained list on 16:35 - May 8 by 1907

I really hope that we start to loan some of these youth players out. Adshead, Morley etc would benefit so much from regular game time at a lower standard as opposed to just sitting in the bench or in the stands.

I think that might be a case of players going backwards on loan. A couple of highly rated yts didn't prosper at places like chorley.
Retained list on 16:45 - May 8 with 5953 viewsD_Alien

Retained list on 16:40 - May 8 by James1980

Doubt it. I think he realised he'd made a mistake fairly soon after Williams had arrived, and tried to cover his own back by bigging up Williams as "the hardest working player at the club" (or similar) during the early part of this season when we were being regularly tonked

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Retained list on 16:46 - May 8 with 5945 viewsEllDale

It's a sobering thought that if four of our relatively successfully youth team have been offered full professional contracts then another half a dozen at least haven't.
The "failure" rate at every club is unbelievable.
Retained list on 16:52 - May 8 with 5874 viewsisitme

Retained list on 16:46 - May 8 by EllDale

It's a sobering thought that if four of our relatively successfully youth team have been offered full professional contracts then another half a dozen at least haven't.

I suppose some will still at the club and become second year scholars. I am sure someone who is better informed than I am who the second year scholars who were not awarded professional contracts are.
Retained list on 16:53 - May 8 with 5870 viewstony_roch975

I think those not offered contracts include Juwan Hamzat, Florian Yonsian, James Neild, Joe Dunne - can anyone confirm?

Poll: What sort of Club do we want - if we can't have the status quo

Retained list on 16:56 - May 8 with 5831 viewsaleanddale

Retained list on 16:07 - May 8 by EllDale

No real surprises there as far as I'm concerned.
Whether the likes of Done and Wilbraham agree new deals or move on remains to be seen.

No surprise for me either I just hope there is enough wriggle room for BBM to freshen up the squad and add some quality.

Obviously all the loanees have returned to their parent clubs so this does represent more gaps that will need to be filled.

HUGE test for BBM this I wish him all the very best of luck in his first full season as the main man in the hottest of hot seats.
Retained list on 16:58 - May 8 with 5806 viewsDaleFan7

I hope Tavares can make the move up to the men's game. He seems like the type of player we need at the moment and knows where the net is.

Obviously wouldn't be expecting miracles but just a few appearances to show off some potential.
Retained list on 16:59 - May 8 with 5787 viewsColDale

Retained list on 16:25 - May 8 by leedsdale

gut feeling is that Jim might have played sufficient games to trigger an extension
Retained list on 17:00 - May 8 with 5778 viewselectricblue

Retained list on 16:40 - May 8 by James1980

Or might go for Inman.....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Retained list on 17:02 - May 8 with 5754 viewsDaleiLama

Retained list on 16:53 - May 8 by tony_roch975

I think those not offered contracts include Juwan Hamzat, Florian Yonsian, James Neild, Joe Dunne - can anyone confirm?

Yonsi made a few appearances in the Cheka I seem to remember Tony? Nowhere near fully formed yet, but he had a shot on him.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Retained list on 17:08 - May 8 with 5709 viewselectricblue

If BBM is working with a reduced wage budget also a smaller squad then those who where on loan may leave squad gaps not taken unless its by loanees....

Also theres no mention of Keobane is he on a short term contract or contracted until next summer..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Retained list on 17:13 - May 8 with 5655 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The higher up it goes the higher the "failure" rate too.......who would not be happy if only a couple of our crop of youngsters came really good.
Retained list on 17:14 - May 8 with 5641 viewsYadHoDale

Retained list on 17:08 - May 8 by electricblue

If BBM is working with a reduced wage budget also a smaller squad then those who where on loan may leave squad gaps not taken unless its by loanees....

Also theres no mention of Keobane is he on a short term contract or contracted until next summer..

Keohane has been offered a contract according to the Dale website.
Retained list on 17:20 - May 8 with 5573 viewsColDale

Retained list on 17:13 - May 8 by Yorkshire_Dale

The higher up it goes the higher the "failure" rate too.......who would not be happy if only a couple of our crop of youngsters came really good.

I think four graduates is a very high number. Can't remember us promoting more than that in any previous years
Retained list on 17:22 - May 8 with 5549 viewsSaxonDale

Retained list on 16:23 - May 8 by isitme

It does say in the article that all other players remain under contact, which will include Jim. I am slightly surprised that four youth team players have been offered professional deals.

Can anyone shed any light on their respective attributes? From what I understand Hoti and Hopper are central midfielders, Bradley is a creative attacking midfielder and Tavares is a pacy striker. With the likes of Adshead and Morley (dependent on him signing a new deal) it seems like a log jam of young midfielders.

A lot of new deals offered, although for the likes of Done and Wilbraham these might be on reduced terms. Interestingly nobody currently under contract has been made available for transfer. Some speculated that Andrew might be on his way out, unless he has been reinvented as a left sided centre back!
[Post edited 8 May 2019 16:24]

It is a large number of midfielders but if the rest are anything like Bradley they're a long distance off challenging our first team. Wouldn't be surprised to see going out on loan for a season or two before they are anywhere near our first team squad.

Pleased with the list and no surprises- Done is probably the closest to raising an eyebrow but I assume that he's been offered reduced terms (as I would hope Wilbraham has.) It was obvious at Charlton away how much knowledge and experience our seasoned pros like Done, Henderson, McNulty and Wilbraham offer the rest of the squad- I don't think I've ever seen such a supportive bench. They've all shown over the last few weeks that they can still contribute on the pitch, although a few I would be hoping would be squad players next season, I think off the pitch they will be vital in helping both the players and BBM.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024