Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brighton have sacked Hughton 09:58 - May 13 with 1436 viewsButty101

Awaits BAME to come out with a statement defending thier man

Poll: First League Win of the Season

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 10:11 - May 13 with 1404 views1885_SFC

Perfect job for Claude Puel

Love life. Love music.

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 10:13 - May 13 with 1395 viewsPatfromPoole

Overall, when you consider where they were when he took them over (near the bottom of the Championship), Hughton has done a really superb job there.

But they have been a terrible side this year, so understandable, I guess.
Brighton have sacked Hughton on 10:29 - May 13 with 1367 viewsTimSaint

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 10:13 - May 13 by PatfromPoole

Overall, when you consider where they were when he took them over (near the bottom of the Championship), Hughton has done a really superb job there.

But they have been a terrible side this year, so understandable, I guess.

2 wins in the last 20 odd Prem games suggests his team was well and truly up, despite his prior heroics and the Cup Semi.

Mind you, they weren't far behind us, so really does show how poor we were this season, especially under Hughes.

TimSaint

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 10:33 - May 13 with 1356 viewsUlsterBaz

No surprise, the Brighton fans have been complaining about their negative football for ages. That coupled with awful results usually ends in the manager’s sacking.

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 10:37 - May 13 with 1349 viewsSonicBoom

I wonder if Brighton will get the same stick we did when we sacked Puel.
The media seem to love Hughton and always say he's doing a brilliant job.
Brighton have sacked Hughton on 10:52 - May 13 with 1321 views1885_SFC

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 10:37 - May 13 by SonicBoom

I wonder if Brighton will get the same stick we did when we sacked Puel.
The media seem to love Hughton and always say he's doing a brilliant job.

I regularly spend time working down that way and know several Brighton fans who are season ticket holders. From what I can gather, it'll be 50/50 on him getting the sack. They all love Hughton to a man but think he's just not cut out for top flight football... much like Nigel Adkins. Great in the lower leagues - but out of their depth managing at the very top.

Some of the blokes I know reckon Hughton has bought badly too with several expensive flops that just aren't good enough. Now where have we heard that before!

Love life. Love music.

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 14:49 - May 13 with 1179 viewsSaintNick

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 10:52 - May 13 by 1885_SFC

I regularly spend time working down that way and know several Brighton fans who are season ticket holders. From what I can gather, it'll be 50/50 on him getting the sack. They all love Hughton to a man but think he's just not cut out for top flight football... much like Nigel Adkins. Great in the lower leagues - but out of their depth managing at the very top.

Some of the blokes I know reckon Hughton has bought badly too with several expensive flops that just aren't good enough. Now where have we heard that before!

My Brighton mate said pretty much the same, but he knows that they arent going to get much better to manage them, truth is there isnt that much difference between Everton in 8th and Brighton in 17th . any team in between could have finished in any of the positions

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 16:38 - May 13 with 1118 viewsPatfromPoole

Monsieur Cent Trente (where the hell is he anyway??!!??) did assuredly advise us that Brighton were only going to get bigger as a club.

Maybe they’ll go for Mourinho.
Login to get fewer ads

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 17:54 - May 13 with 1070 viewscocklebreath

John Barnes days its racist🙄

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 18:01 - May 13 with 1065 viewsPatfromPoole

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 17:54 - May 13 by cocklebreath

John Barnes days its racist🙄

Sky Sports News will be missing a trick if they don’t get an exclusive interview with David Lammy straight away.....

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 21:16 - May 13 with 898 viewsthis_charming_man

Of course rather than looking at th fact he spent £130m in the last two years and got worse they go on about race. Only one BAME manager left now, John Barnes has never been so frustrated, until BAME are given more respect we will never stop racism

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11741/11719010/john-barnes-thinks-bright

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: What should areasix do with his crystal ball?

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 08:21 - May 14 with 745 viewsgentlekenneth

I think Barnes is a bit of a div but he’s not actually saying it was racist to sack him ffs.

I though this comment was telling though: “For a team like Brighton, just being in the Premier League is important. That is the name of the game.”

So, basically teams should be happy just to be in the same league as the likes of Liverpool so you can get rolled over every week, win 10 games in a season if you’re lucky and then sell your best players to them. That is the name of the game.
Brighton have sacked Hughton on 11:07 - May 14 with 677 viewsKennington

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 08:21 - May 14 by gentlekenneth

I think Barnes is a bit of a div but he’s not actually saying it was racist to sack him ffs.

I though this comment was telling though: “For a team like Brighton, just being in the Premier League is important. That is the name of the game.”

So, basically teams should be happy just to be in the same league as the likes of Liverpool so you can get rolled over every week, win 10 games in a season if you’re lucky and then sell your best players to them. That is the name of the game.

On the subject of Barnes, I’ve never seen a pundit so sychaphantic than him interviewing Klopp after the game on Sunday. It was like a schoolboy being able to ask his favourite player a question. He should have a bit more dignity himself.

Poll: What age is too old for a striker?

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 11:20 - May 14 with 668 viewsBaselSaint

He did what he could with what he had. That's harsh in my view considering the budget he had.

Poll: Did You Vote LEAVE Because;

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 10:04 - May 15 with 482 viewsTimSaint

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 18:01 - May 13 by PatfromPoole

Sky Sports News will be missing a trick if they don’t get an exclusive interview with David Lammy straight away.....

They went to their go to guy, who is outspoken in these situations - Les Ferdinand !!
Bizarrely he has just recruited a new manager at QPR and despite some of his earlier comments regarding race and ethnicity, deemed that Warburton as their best candidate !! What does that really say ? If anyone was going to sign a black manager, it would be him. Proves that he doesn't practice what he preaches, or is acknowledging that not many have proved to be that good at football management ?

TimSaint

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 10:35 - May 15 with 465 viewsSonicBoom

I did wonder if Sol Campbell might get a look in.

He did seem a bit mental when he first tried to get managers jobs. Some of the stuff he came out with didn't help his cause at all but there were still experts and journos asking why Lampard gets a job but Campbell doesn't.
But then he saw sense and started at the bottom with Macclesfield and apparently pulled off a minor miracle. so maybe he does actually have what it takes.

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 22:48 - May 15 with 367 viewshedgeend61

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/brighton/next-permanent-ma

The 3 favourites for the job are Graham Potter (around 1/6!!), Phil Neville and Frankie Lampard.

I've no idea who will get the job, but if I was their chairman Tony Bloom none of these 3 would even make a longlist, let alone a shortlist, may as well have stuck with CH if that's the height of their ambition. What have any done to warrant a crack at it?

5/2 Brighton to be relegated next season won't last too long.

Brighton have sacked Hughton on 22:52 - May 15 with 358 viewsButty101

Kick it out initially said the sacking was racist but have now back tracked.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48286337

Poll: First League Win of the Season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019