Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Spending spree 08:20 - Jun 8 with 843 viewsSonicBoom

Is not going to happen...
https://amp.ft.com/content/599f0a1e-8910-11e9-a028-86cea8523dc2?__twitter_impres

Let's face it, he doesn't have the money. We are already bottom of the league of spenders and here's another owner that believes he has the magic formula to compete.
Apparently we shouldn't rely on him. That leaves us to constantly unearth rough diamonds and sell them. It's not sustainable over time ad sooner or later you make a fee bad decisions and you can drop like a stone.
Owners like him think a football club is like any other business. Manage the balance sheet carefully and all will be fine.
Well you won't go broke but football will soon decide at what level that approach allows you to compete and it may well not be in the PL.

Spending spree on 09:11 - Jun 8 with 790 viewsitoldyouso

cant access it, is he the Chinese Rupert Lowe?

Loves saints hates the fascist FLA

Spending spree on 10:07 - Jun 8 with 757 viewsBison

Spending spree on 09:11 - Jun 8 by itoldyouso

All I can see is -

Southampton owner says club is not a ‘pig to be fattened’

Strange words.

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Should I renew my 2 Season tickets this year or buy a share in a reacehorse ?

Spending spree on 10:10 - Jun 8 with 749 viewsMattFinish

Spending spree on 09:11 - Jun 8 by itoldyouso

Think that's doing Lowe an injustice!
Basically in the article Gao says the club cannot rely on him for funding. He is treating the club like his child and as such the child will have to be self sufficient. He will not be putting his own money in. Obviously, because he's skint.
I'm okay with that as long as he gives us all of the Sky money, which is a considerable amount or are we a fattened pig for him to feast on?

Spending spree on 10:22 - Jun 8 with 724 viewsRon11

'Not a pig to be fattened'
Apart from his bank balance of course.
Always dodgy from the start, but he has at least got Reed and the Hockey Boy off the payroll.

Spending spree on 10:31 - Jun 8 with 717 viewsarfurdent

little dumplings on Nellie

white Fiat driver wanted

Spending spree on 13:26 - Jun 8 with 634 viewsdirk_doone

Spending spree on 10:07 - Jun 8 by Bison

All I can see is -

Southampton owner says club is not a ‘pig to be fattened’

Strange words.

It's his way of saying, he's got no food for it.

Gao and Kat are basically just a waste of space. Neither one of them is ever going to put a penny into the club and ultimately they are going to try to make as much money out of it for themselves as they can. They'll end up fighting over who gets the crackling.

Their ambition is for us to stay just above the relegation zone for as long as possible, rake in the Premier League money and reinvest as little of it as possible. Even Bournemouth's owners are more ambitious than them and will probably spend more on strengthening their squad.
[Post edited 8 Jun 14:28]

Poll: Would you like a home 'kop' at St. Mary's directly behind one of the goals?

Spending spree on 18:49 - Jun 8 with 424 viewsthis_charming_man

We have been in austerity mode since 2014. Goa is the David Cameron of the premie league, they both love pigs don’t they.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019