Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Right, morality clique 20:27 - Jul 3 with 1438 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I did something last Sunday morning and am not sure whether I should be damned for it.

Picture the scene. I am on the way home from my walk. I'm a bit footsore, but happy because I have been thinking about my football club on and off for the entire two hours I've been out.

I am walking down our street with the newspapers and spot two people coming towards me who I know to be Jehova's Witnesses. As they prepared to greet me, I get in first, saying :

"You want to talk to me about the big issue, don't you?".

Faces light up at this point, but they quickly fall when I immediately launch into a summary of the week's events at Bloomfield Road. Not only is it not what they were expecting, they appear unsighted on the major issues for discussion.

They try to move the conversation onto God, but then it completely gets out of hand. Not only have they not heard of Marcus Smith (PBUH), but they appear to think I'm being frivolous. The younger one accuses me of "Wasting their time with my narrow priorities".

At this point I'm afraid I rather disgrace myself, by observing that "it is about f***ing time they realised how decent people feel every time they knock on the front door".

Am I guilty of mocking their religious views? Have I cheapened a serious debate? Do you wish you had thought of it first?

Over to you.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2019 20:52]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Right, morality clique on 20:41 - Jul 3 with 1423 viewsspell_chekker

Next time, try stabbing one before offering to take him for a blood transfusion.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Right, morality clique on 20:48 - Jul 3 with 1411 viewsBlackpoolJane

Right, morality clique on 20:41 - Jul 3 by spell_chekker

Next time, try stabbing one before offering to take him for a blood transfusion.

OMG Spell - did you really just say that???
Right, morality clique on 20:53 - Jul 3 with 1406 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Right, morality clique on 20:48 - Jul 3 by BlackpoolJane

OMG Spell - did you really just say that???

he makes me look pusillanimous, doesn't he?

Right, morality clique on 20:57 - Jul 3 with 1399 viewsspell_chekker

Right, morality clique on 20:53 - Jul 3 by basilrobbiereborn

he makes me look pusillanimous, doesn't he?

I think it's a bit tight to refuse a blood test for a loved one who's dying.

It'd be a test of their moral stance.

Apart from give a percentage of their wages to their church, I'm not sure what else they do, or don't do.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Right, morality clique on 20:59 - Jul 3 with 1395 viewsBlackpoolJane

Right, morality clique on 20:57 - Jul 3 by spell_chekker

I think it's a bit tight to refuse a blood test for a loved one who's dying.

It'd be a test of their moral stance.

Apart from give a percentage of their wages to their church, I'm not sure what else they do, or don't do.

Ooh Robbie - I've missed your big words! Throw me another one...
Right, morality clique on 21:00 - Jul 3 with 1393 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Right, morality clique on 20:59 - Jul 3 by BlackpoolJane

Ooh Robbie - I've missed your big words! Throw me another one...

Er.......

retromingent.

Right, morality clique on 21:02 - Jul 3 with 1387 viewsBlackpoolJane

Right, morality clique on 21:00 - Jul 3 by basilrobbiereborn

Er.......

retromingent.

Way to kill the mood. As you were.
Right, morality clique on 21:05 - Jul 3 with 1384 viewsspell_chekker

Right, morality clique on 21:02 - Jul 3 by BlackpoolJane

Way to kill the mood. As you were.

I think he meant 'retirement'.

Login to get fewer ads

Right, morality clique on 21:16 - Jul 3 with 1373 viewsspudgun

Right, morality clique on 21:00 - Jul 3 by basilrobbiereborn

Er.......

retromingent.

I may have mentioned this before.

Because I live down a long lane with no neighbours, I rarely get visited by them. However after 21 years, two turned up, and I greeted them with "Brilliant! I`ve been waiting for you!" They seemed rather pleasantly surprised by the welcome.

I asked then to convince me that God existed by using ontological argument only, and without referring to the Bible, which I suggested may be unreliable.

I wasn`t trying to be rude, and offered them refreshments, but they didn`t stay long and had difficulty with the concept of not using quotes from the Bible as a crutch. Without that they had nothing to say of any note.

I was going to move on to the problems they have with correctly predicting the end of the world....
Right, morality clique on 21:17 - Jul 3 with 1373 viewsjanegallagher

Right, morality clique on 21:05 - Jul 3 by spell_chekker

I think he meant 'retirement'.

sesquipedalian

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Right, morality clique on 23:22 - Jul 3 with 1353 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Start off with a chant of "You're just a poor man's Scientology". While reeling from that test of faith, tell them you know of a new secret squirrel religious "order", however to join, you need to answer two simple questions, "Rangers or Celtic?" and "Smoke Bombs or Flares?"

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Right, morality clique on 23:32 - Jul 3 with 1348 viewsLala

Right, morality clique on 23:22 - Jul 3 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Start off with a chant of "You're just a poor man's Scientology". While reeling from that test of faith, tell them you know of a new secret squirrel religious "order", however to join, you need to answer two simple questions, "Rangers or Celtic?" and "Smoke Bombs or Flares?"

It’s your life it’s your time,speak as you find to anyone who imposes on your time

They once came to my door when I was in ‘times of distress ‘ they gave me a leaflet and said they would call back the next day and check up on me.

Never saw them again think I was a salvage too far!

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Right, morality clique on 08:34 - Jul 4 with 1325 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Right, morality clique on 23:32 - Jul 3 by Lala

It’s your life it’s your time,speak as you find to anyone who imposes on your time

They once came to my door when I was in ‘times of distress ‘ they gave me a leaflet and said they would call back the next day and check up on me.

Never saw them again think I was a salvage too far!

Thanks to BRR, I've started to win the weekly Tuesday night strip scrabble games.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024