Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Austin 09:25 - Jul 14 with 4879 viewsSonicBoom

Seems he's turned down a move to West Brom despite the club's agreeing a fee. Guess he doesn't want a drop in wages and is happy to stay here.
Any ITK info?

Austin on 10:04 - Jul 14 with 2702 viewsarfurdent

has nobody told him about The Vine?

white Fiat driver wanted

Austin on 10:34 - Jul 14 with 2660 viewsthis_charming_man

Unfortunately for us there are a very small pool of clubs that would take Austin and end he’d move to. From what I’ve heard he may well see out his contract here now. Although things change every day of course.

TUIs only reliable source of ITk news. #bewareoffalseprophets
Poll: Would you rather

Austin on 11:05 - Jul 14 with 2634 viewsA1079

I am definitely not in the know, so it is mere gut feeling and my gut feeling is that some of our more expensive now out of favour players are playing it difficult with Saints and effectively calling the shots when it comes when or if they will move and the terms for agreeing any move.

I suppose in their shoes I would do the same.

I am sensing the inability of being able to off-load some of those expensive out of favour players will similarly impact our ability to improve our squad further this summer and again, in one of our most critical areas, as the days and weeks start to erode towards the start of the season we will be left be ruing another transfer window where we are left with an inadequate defence.

Unless of course, our good friend TCM knows different! ;-)

Austin on 11:36 - Jul 14 with 2601 viewsSonicBoom

Hmm. But also Austin is nearing the end of his career. Doesn't he just want to PLAY?
West Brom would probably pay him at least 20 grand a week so still the national yearly wage in a fortnight.
I know it's easy to say but I'm pretty sure I'd want to be on a pitch. You're a long time retired.
Austin on 11:49 - Jul 14 with 2583 viewsthis_charming_man

Austin on 11:36 - Jul 14 by SonicBoom

Hmm. But also Austin is nearing the end of his career. Doesn't he just want to PLAY?
West Brom would probably pay him at least 20 grand a week so still the national yearly wage in a fortnight.
I know it's easy to say but I'm pretty sure I'd want to be on a pitch. You're a long time retired.

You’d think that would be the case wouldn’t you.

Austin is on a lot more than that at saints, plus he will know with every passing day saints will be more desperate to get him off the books. He’ll also know he’ll be in an even stronger position in January and stronger still next summer when he will be available for nothing. Unfortunately
For us we dont want Austin but, can’t force him to move and there are only a small pool of clubs that are able to take him off our hands.

Austin on 12:24 - Jul 14 with 2527 viewsSonicBoom

All true.
Just a modern symptom that footballers happy to sacrifice playing time for money.
Although he knows he'd probably just get injured anyway.

Austin on 12:28 - Jul 14 with 2512 viewsI_would

He can't run, he can't score' he can't assist, he can't defend.
Saints don't want him, RH doesn't want him, the fans don't want him.
He wants to stay to milk the great cash cow Saints FC, very similar to that talent less Davis who even turned down a 6 month loan to milk us to the last second.

I really hope RH gets tough and threatens to make them train with the U18's.

Most normal men would kill to play football to this standard for nothing for the love of the great game.

These mercenaries are an absolute f*****g disgrace.

Poll: How much beter is Ward Prowse compared to Tadic?

Austin on 12:55 - Jul 14 with 2456 viewskingslandstand1

Austin on 11:05 - Jul 14 by A1079

I am definitely not in the know, so it is mere gut feeling and my gut feeling is that some of our more expensive now out of favour players are playing it difficult with Saints and effectively calling the shots when it comes when or if they will move and the terms for agreeing any move.

I suppose in their shoes I would do the same.

I am sensing the inability of being able to off-load some of those expensive out of favour players will similarly impact our ability to improve our squad further this summer and again, in one of our most critical areas, as the days and weeks start to erode towards the start of the season we will be left be ruing another transfer window where we are left with an inadequate defence.

Unless of course, our good friend TCM knows different! ;-)

Aren't we supposed to respond to that post with "Thanks Les"?
Login to get fewer ads

Austin on 12:58 - Jul 14 with 2455 views1885_SFC

Austin on 12:28 - Jul 14 by I_would

He wants to stay to milk the great cash cow Saints FC, very similar to that talent less Davis who even turned down a 6 month loan to milk us to the last second.

Most normal men would kill to play football to this standard for nothing for the love of the great game.

Because footballers are precious, delicate little flowers these days in a world where flashing off your wealth, your lifestyle, your 'own brand' on social media is far more important to them than actually kicking the ball for a living. The sport is riddled with numerous examples of players making it to the 'cash cow' that is English Premier League & whom are quite content to be paid for not kicking a ball.

Austin would have been paid a very considerable wage at WBA of course... but then he wouldn't have 'Brand Austin' exposure on MOTD every Saturday night. How much is the fella already worth? How many more millions do you really need in life? If it was all about the football - he'd have signed for them. I remember the words of Gaston Ramirez when he signed for us from Bologna:

"I could not refuse, it's the classic offer you cannot refuse.

"I would have a four-year deal and they are giving me so much more money that would go towards my family and my future
."

Love life. Love music.

Austin on 13:08 - Jul 14 with 2442 viewsPatfromPoole

Austin on 12:28 - Jul 14 by I_would

Harsh to compare Steven Davis to Austin.

Steven Davis was a great signing for Saints, was crucial for us in our first season back in the Prem.
Austin on 14:07 - Jul 14 with 2372 viewsthis_charming_man

Austin on 13:08 - Jul 14 by PatfromPoole

Steven Davis was a great signing for Saints, was crucial for us in our first season back in the Prem.

Does anyone take any notice of i_would?

Davis was a brilliant signing for what he cost. A very good player, okay his last season or so wasnt so good but for 3-4 years he was a very good player for us.

Austin on 14:17 - Jul 14 with 2358 viewsI_would

Austin on 13:08 - Jul 14 by PatfromPoole

Not harsh, Davis was a slow passenger for 2 seasons and he showed his true colours when he refused to transfer to his dream team so he could be paid by us to play for Rangers. Disgrace.

Austin on 14:20 - Jul 14 with 2355 viewsI_would

Austin on 14:07 - Jul 14 by this_charming_man

Does anyone take any notice of i_would?

Davis was a brilliant signing for what he cost. A very good player, okay his last season or so wasnt so good but for 3-4 years he was a very good player for us.

Yes and rubbish for 2 years and a mercenary for the last 6 months, that's what I said.

Austin on 14:22 - Jul 14 with 2351 viewsthis_charming_man

Austin on 14:20 - Jul 14 by I_would

Yes and rubbish for 2 years and a mercenary for the last 6 months, that's what I said.

He wasn’t rubbish for two years.

Austin on 14:31 - Jul 14 with 2343 viewsI_would

Austin on 14:22 - Jul 14 by this_charming_man

He wasn’t rubbish for two years.

He was below par, didn't score, gave the ball away, didn't assist and was off the pace. Apart from that you're right TCM 1/2 he was great.

Austin on 20:42 - Jul 14 with 2156 viewsmountsaint

Could we not just give him a few mill payoff and make him a free agent.
Austin on 21:42 - Jul 14 with 2109 viewsthis_charming_man

Austin on 20:42 - Jul 14 by mountsaint

Could we not just give him a few mill payoff and make him a free agent.

Did you stay up to watch the cricket pal?

Austin on 21:47 - Jul 14 with 2095 viewsPatfromPoole

Austin on 14:17 - Jul 14 by I_would

Not harsh, Davis was a slow passenger for 2 seasons and he showed his true colours when he refused to transfer to his dream team so he could be paid by us to play for Rangers. Disgrace.

Are you a Celtic fan, by any chance?

Austin on 22:01 - Jul 14 with 2067 viewsthis_charming_man

Don’t forget A6 says Austin is off to China.

Austin on 03:20 - Jul 16 with 1776 viewsareasix

At least in January Via my crystal ball I said he was off ! End of the line , not wanted by Ralph and ready to be cashed in.
Austin on 08:35 - Jul 16 with 1640 viewsChesham_Saint

Austin on 14:20 - Jul 14 by I_would

Why is he a mercenary? He negotiated a contract and is merely standing by that. Just because he may no longer suit Saints doesn’t mean the club has the right to expect his agreement to drop away. We all complain like hell when the boot’s on the other foot when players of value demand to leave and ignore their (sometime freshly signed) contracts. Cvnts like Van Dijk for example.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Austin on 12:16 - Jul 16 with 1549 viewsI_would

Austin on 08:35 - Jul 16 by Chesham_Saint

Why is he a mercenary? He negotiated a contract and is merely standing by that. Just because he may no longer suit Saints doesn’t mean the club has the right to expect his agreement to drop away. We all complain like hell when the boot’s on the other foot when players of value demand to leave and ignore their (sometime freshly signed) contracts. Cvnts like Van Dijk for example.

He would rather sit on a bench for 12 months and collect the remainder of his contract than play football for West Brom. Mercenary. Fact. Proven. Anything else black you've got that looks white to you?

Austin on 12:48 - Jul 16 with 1507 viewsdarthvader

Austin on 12:16 - Jul 16 by I_would

He would rather sit on a bench for 12 months and collect the remainder of his contract than play football for West Brom. Mercenary. Fact. Proven. Anything else black you've got that looks white to you?

He's on less than Forster and he Deffinatly will not leave for less than he's on. 90k a week? That's what I heard not bad for a third choice keeper.

keep the faith coyr

Austin on 12:50 - Jul 16 with 1503 views1885_SFC

According to his latest Tweet - he's having a dig at being 'frozen out'...

Love life. Love music.

Austin on 14:45 - Jul 16 with 1425 viewsChesham_Saint

Austin on 12:16 - Jul 16 by I_would

Jeez, you're a stroppy one aren't you?

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2019